Uncanny X-Force fans here? I'm new here

• 61 results
#1 Posted by Fantomex13 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny X-Force ... how can I put this into words ... you just can't but I'll try.

To call it a "comic book" is an insult.

Amazing Spiderman is a comic book

Justice League of America is a comic book

Avengers is a comic book

Uncanny X-Force ....is an entity, a spirit that haunts your thoughts and dreams for the rest of your life, a living, breathing world in a league of its own.

Life is more of a "comic book" than Uncanny X-Force

#2 Posted by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny X-Force ....is an entity, a spirit that haunts your thoughts and dreams for the rest of your life, a living, breathing world in a league of its own.

lol

#3 Posted by Remi (613 posts) - - Show Bio

You ain't about that life.

#4 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantomex13: i'll have whatever you're smoking

#5 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing as how you've named yourself after one of the series' protagonists, i can see where you're coming from.

#6 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

But then, more reason to say why this series is quite overrated.

:/

#7 Posted by SoA (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantomex13: idk about all that but yes Uncanny x-force is amazing ,(though i miss the team with warpath and x-23) one of the few reasons i still read marvel , and welcome to comicvine !

#8 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

Its pretty good.

#9 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

For a second, I thought the OP was criticizing the series...

#10 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

and what book would you deem great?

#11 Posted by Dernman (14898 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's getting canceled or totally remade for Marvel Now.

#12 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

and what book would you deem great?

Do you really want to know ?

#13 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: i asked didnt i

#14 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

Security Recon/X-Men.

That, and Wolverine and the X-Men.

#15 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@KainScion said:

Security Recon/X-Men.

Not in comparison to UXF. The two don't really compare.

#16 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

I think it's getting canceled or totally remade for Marvel Now.

Remade, hopefully!

#17 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: open contract was good. w&txm is awesometacular.

#18 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@KainScion said:

Security Recon/X-Men.

Good one, Einstein.

#19 Edited by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@KainScion said:

Security Recon/X-Men.

Good one, Einstein.

There have been two issues of Brian Wood's X-Men, so far. Before that, under Gischler's pen, the series was average at best. It'd be foolish to try and compare it to Remender's 26-issue (so far) epic.

Oh, and thanks for acknowledging my high IQ.

#20 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@KainScion said:

Security Recon/X-Men.

Good one, Einstein.

There have been two issues of Brian Wood's X-Men, so far. Before that, under Gischler's pen, the series was average at best. It'd be foolish to try and compare it to Remender's 26-issue (so far) epic.

I think you should just stop while you're at it.

#21 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane:

Posting a generic smiley doesn't help you prove your point. How can X-Men Vol. 3, of which there hasn't yet been a full Brian Wood arc, even be compared to, yet alone be better than Uncanny X-Force?

#22 Edited by SupahForeigner (227 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

@Fantomex13: i'll have whatever you're smoking

Same here.

#23 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: @AgeofHurricane: c'mon people. not cool. dont fight. everybody likes something else.

#24 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
lol What is going on here?
#25 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane:

Posting a generic smiley doesn't help you prove your point. How can X-Men Vol. 3, of which there hasn't yet been a full Brian Wood arc, even be compared to, yet alone be better than Uncanny X-Force?

Did you hit your head really hard this morning ? Or...?

#26 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane:

There really is no need for that. 

On topic, I find adjectiveless mostly generic and, quite frankly, irrelevant, particularly in comparison to UXF.
#27 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantomex13: Hello, my names is Purrrps. I am the biggest UXF fan here and I am sorry to break it to you, but UXF is indeed just a comic book.

#28 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane:

There really is no need for that.

On topic, I find adjectiveless mostly generic and, quite frankly, irrelevant, particularly in comparison to UXF.

>.>

No need for what, exactly ?

#29 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane:

What do you like most about Wood's X-Men Vol. 3; The fact that it's entirely irrelevant to the MU on the whole or the fact that it's just a rehashing of a massively generic and previously overused arc?

#30 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane: Pointlessly arguing and/or instigating. You might as well add playing dumb afterwards to the list.
#31 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

SHAZAM!!

#32 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane:

What do you like most about Wood's X-Men Vol. 3; The fact that it's entirely irrelevant to the MU on the whole or the fact that it's just a rehashing of a massively generic and previously overused arc?

I'm not sure what your problem is here, i don't exactly get it. Someone asked for my opinion on something, i gave it. Excuse me if i was that unware of the intricacies that would follow upon commiting such an actrocity, off with my head ! Seriously though, you're calling me out on crap that i didn't even do, would you like to, like, quote me on where, exactly, i said that X-Men Vol. 3 is better than Uncanny X-Force ? Please do, i mean you're always so damn sure of yourself around here, I'm pretty sure you can even quote me word for word you--lol.

No and no. I like the title because the team featured in it is lead by Storm, the same woman who's presence in the MU as a whole has been severed since her marriage to the BP, of which, she benefitted nothing from, that, and as I'm sure, we all know, is my favorite comic book character, i cannot express that more than i have already. I like it because the characters who make up this team, are characters that i am familiar with and like as well, i like it because Colossus isn't simply written as an angsty Russian fool who can only hit things and shouts out "Tovarisch!" when he does so, he's actually getting a personality, i like it because the direction of this team is enthralling and it's different (in some aspects), i like it because this is one of the only X-Books other than X-Factor, WaTX and the sought after Uncanny X-Force where character interaction actually occurs and it's not bland or stupid, i like it because for the past two years since it's creation, this title has been nothing but a witty remark-filled sit-com which did nothing for the characters in it, and the main cast was: Wolverine, Emma Frost and Cyclops (as if we weren't saturated with that roster at the time already), finally, we're moving past that, i like it because this is the X-Men doing what they do best, saving the world one crummy threat at the a time, this is a team of X-Men at their best, with character defining moments and seeds being layed in every issue to provide for an interesting finish. This isn't Uncanny where you get a five page (or, as Gillen has shown, a whole issue) plot summary dedicated to the main antagonist for that arc, then Cyclops shouting at the other members on where and where not to go as well as the occasional Namor/Emma "get a room" scene, no (granted, Uncanny is the best it's been since Fraction took-over, but just not my personal cup of tea). This isn't Legacy where we have Rogue give us a more than elaborated blurb on what went on during her times as a novice X-Man or how she deals with her powers or borrowed ones and the portents that will follow, or, having to put up with the cursed borefest which is Rogneto, a pairing which needs to be damned, stat. This isn't even New Mutants where we have brilliant writers give us not-so-brilliant stories, top that with crappy art of the highest order, silly plot devices and a saving grace is a crossover that manages to link the team in. No, this is X-Men, a title where in only two issues (with a new creative team), has managed to trump every issue that came before it with flying colours and is continuing to do so, this is where you'll see the Mutants we fear and hate, doing what they do best, in a world that fears and hates them.

That, John, is why i like the title so much.

Satisfied ?

#33 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@AgeofHurricane: Pointlessly arguing and/or instigating. You might as well add playing dumb afterwards to the list.

LOL.

Yeah, okay.

#34 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: UXF isn't overrated. It's awesome.

How is it even overrated? Because people like it because it's good?

#35 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

I like it, but i've found that i'll never hear the end of it's awesomeness, and in my humble opinion, isn't that good.

My opinion, mind you, before my head gets chopped off, which was just about to happen a couple of minutes ago.

#36 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

I like it, but i've found that i'll never hear the end of it's awesomeness, and in my humble opinion, isn't that good.

The way you phrase this, it sounds like you're just annoyed at hearing about it so much and you've decided to be a contrarian about it.

#37 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

The way you phrase this, it sounds like you're just annoyed at hearing about it so much and you've decided to be a contrarian about it.

No.

#38 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though UXF is just a comicbook, it's awesome as fck and until it stops being awesome, people are gonna keep praising it.

@InnerVenom123: ily<3

#39 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane:

No and no. I like the title because the team featured in it is lead by Storm, the same woman who's presence in the MU as a whole has been severed since her marriage to the BP, of which, she benefitted nothing from, that, and as I'm sure, we all know, is my favorite comic book character, i cannot express that more than i have already. I like it because the characters who make up this team, are characters that i am familiar with and like as well, i like it because Colossus isn't simply written as an angsty Russian fool who can only hit things and shouts out "Tovarisch!" when he does so, he's actually getting a personality, i like it because the direction of this team is enthralling and it's different (in some aspects), i like it because this is one of the only X-Books other than X-Factor, WaTX and the sought after Uncanny X-Force where character interaction actually occurs and it's not bland or stupid, i like it because for the past two years since it's creation, this title has been nothing but a witty remark-filled sit-com which did nothing for the characters in it, and the main cast was: Wolverine, Emma Frost and Cyclops (as if we weren't saturated with that roster at the time already), finally, we're moving past that, i like it because this is the X-Men doing what they do best, saving the world one crummy threat at the a time, this is a team of X-Men at their best, with character defining moments and seeds being layed in every issue to provide for an interesting finish. This isn't Uncanny where you get a five page (or, as Gillen has shown, a whole issue) plot summary dedicated to the main antagonist for that arc, then Cyclops shouting at the other members on where and where not to go as well as the occasional Namor/Emma "get a room" scene, no (granted, Uncanny is the best it's been since Fraction took-over, but just not my personal cup of tea). This isn't Legacy where we have Rogue give us a more than elaborated blurb on what went on during her times as a novice X-Man or how she deals with her powers or borrowed ones and the portents that will follow, or, having to put up with the cursed borefest which is Rogneto, a pairing which needs to be damned, stat. This isn't even New Mutants where we have brilliant writers give us not-so-brilliant stories, top that with crappy art of the highest order, silly plot devices and a saving grace is a crossover that manages to link the team in. No, this is X-Men, a title where in only two issues (with a new creative team), has managed to trump every issue that came before it with flying colours and is continuing to do so, this is where you'll see the Mutants we fear and hate, doing what they do best, in a world that fears and hates them.

Satisfied ?

Stating that these two issues have trumped every issue that's come before them in the run of X-Men Vol. 3 means next to nothing. I'm not sure how you can get that from reading forty or so pages worth of comic, but have fun reading the remaining few issues nonetheless.

The point about Colossus is entirely unfounded if you've read Gillen's past two years worth of work on Uncanny (starting from before Regenesis and Fear Itself).

#40 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

It is a pretty awesome comic. It's basically the only thing I still read on a regular basis. Which is telling because I 1) Love DC and 2) Hate X-men.

#41 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragdollpurps: <3

Nice gif by the way.

Betsy has no fcks to give.

#42 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane:

Satisfied ?

Stating that these two issues have trumped every issue that's come before them in the run of X-Men Vol. 3 means next to nothing. I'm not sure how you can get that from reading forty or so pages worth of comic, but have fun reading the remaining few issues nonetheless.

The point about Colossus is entirely unfounded if you've read Gillen's past two years worth of work on Uncanny (starting from before Regenesis and Fear Itself).

Well, toodles.

;D

#43 Posted by Remi (613 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw, the argument ended ):

#44 Posted by Fantomex13 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

It is a pretty awesome comic. It's basically the only thing I still read on a regular basis. Which is telling because I 1) Love DC and 2) Hate X-men.

I definitely agree with you on that, UXF is actually the only Marvel stuff I read. I like Silver Surfer and Gladiator too because I love that space/cosmic stuff, but for solid entertainment, I love UXF, or Frank Miller's Dark Knight graphic novels (which are DC, as you said). I only like X-Men because Fantomex is affiliated with it somehow.

#45 Posted by SupahForeigner (227 posts) - - Show Bio

@Remi said:

I was enjoying the argument between opinions too :(

#46 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupahForeigner said:

@Remi said:

I was enjoying the argument between opinions too :(

Because arguing that a story that's spanned two years and impacted several books with a lot of character development cannot be compared with two issues of another series is completely ridiculous….

#47 Posted by Remi (613 posts) - - Show Bio

But Brian Wood is everything :O

#48 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@Remi said:

But Brian Wood is everything :O

He is a good writer.

#49 Posted by Remi (613 posts) - - Show Bio

Indeed.

#50 Posted by perry_411 (428 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom: ditto man

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.