Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Uncanny is no more.

• 79 results
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_

W;KLEJW;ELKRW;KRTJWE QKJQW;LEKRJQW RQW;KLEJRWQ;LKERJQ;WLKERJ QWELRKJW;QLKERJ;QWLKEJRQ;WKLEJRQWL;KEJR

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By _Zombie_

@Mercy_ said:

W;KLEJW;ELKRW;KRTJWE QKJQW;LEKRJQW RQW;KLEJRWQ;LKERJQ;WLKERJ QWELRKJW;QLKERJ;QWLKEJRQ;WKLEJRQWL;KEJR

doddvnkvfdskidfsbvrlibFBIKIF/DSIDSFSNHGDSKINGDANLGSDSANLKLK8S6A787GORRAMIT.

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Duke_Nasty

It'll be back after sales go down.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Mercy_

Wait. There's an Avengers AND a New Avengers book. That analogy doesn't make sense?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By InnerVenom123

Doesn't matter, have UXF.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By cattlebattle
    Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Duke_Nasty

@cattlebattle said:

Can I have that when you're done

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Duke_Nasty: pass it around....
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

YES! YES! YES! YES!

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By ragdollpurps

Nyehehe. Knew it.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12  Edited By lorex

Uncanny Avengers, yea another book with Wolverine in it. Please feel free to note the sarcasm. I am glad to see Havok and Rogue involved. Hopefully they do not get shunted into the background.

As for Uncanny X-Men being canceled well I do not like it. I think Astonishing or Legacy would be a better choice. This is probable a move to stroke the ego of Bendis being the creative head behind
    the main X-Men title.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@ragdollpurps said:

Nyehehe. Knew it.

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Duke_Nasty

@lorex: Yea if Rogues in Uncanny Avengers why not cancel Legacy?

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hareil0079

@Duke_Nasty said:

@lorex: Yea if Rogues in Uncanny Avengers why not cancel Legacy?

I'm guessing cause they'll probably do a focus shift on another character like Racheal or Kitty, but also WatX will still continue..legacy and Wolvie kind of go hand and hand I guess.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BatteredArmor

I'm done, screw Marvel that was the only book they put out worth reading an if it goes I'm gone too

VesKaGan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By VesKaGan

Of course, cancel the best-selling X-book. Totally logical... *head to desk*

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Umbraa

"it is about the O5 x kids coming here and discovering through open eyes what their future will be and confronting themselves about what they have become. it also stars all of the uncanny X- men.  this book will exist instead of uncanny X-Men.  when you see the 1st story arc unfold you will see how this can sustain an ongoing series. you are only hearing the tiniest bit of information because I don’t want to spoil what we have coming. how the original X-Men get here, why they are here,  and how what they will do now that they have been here are questions I want you to discover in the story itself and not in an interview..." Bendis......also I think KG wanted to move on. So there is that.

MarvelGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MarvelGrey

Marvel really knows how to screw people over I don't know how to handle this news yet. Uncanny was my favourite X book it's gonna be so hard to pick up the rest of the series knowing that they cancelled it. I guess all I have left is X-Factor, and Legacy until 300 then i'm out.

PS. I'm not buying Bendis' book because he can't write teams, and he is a misogynist.

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By oraclefyre

....what....WHAT!!!!!!??

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 180

User Lists: 45

#21  Edited By broo1232

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Damn you marvel Damn you.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By chiq

@Umbraa said:

"it is about the O5 x kids coming here and discovering through open eyes what their future will be and confronting themselves about what they have become. it also stars all of the uncanny X- men. this book will exist instead of uncanny X-Men. when you see the 1st story arc unfold you will see how this can sustain an ongoing series. you are only hearing the tiniest bit of information because I don’t want to spoil what we have coming. how the original X-Men get here, why they are here, and how what they will do now that they have been here are questions I want you to discover in the story itself and not in an interview..." Bendis......also I think KG wanted to move on. So there is that.

The e-team was the best thing to happen to uncanny in a long time. way to go marvel, just when i thought you got it right you do this...

The 05 kids will meet the e-team?

bendis...sigh...

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Umbraa

I think KG wanted Ironman (rumor) it's still possible he could write a x-team. And he might get Thor or some other solo. Also, it seem that the e-team was just for AVX.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

If Uncanny X-Men is cancelled, then what are they going to do with the characters who were starring in that book? They have to go somewhere...

Dark_Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dark_Thunder

Heh, if they think the world hates and fears them now...

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Blood1991

Damn......

Well I didn't see anything about X-Men "Thank goodness", but seriously? Uncanny cancelled? That has been a Marvel flagship for decades.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Rickbarry

I actually enjoyed this book more than the rest. It's mildly annoying that a book can not have Wolverine, still sell a ton and be cancelled only to be replaced by Wolverine. Stupid. It's not as if The X-men and Avengers have small rosters. Oh well. At least I'll get to see Thor's stupid olde english chat bubbles and not care what he has to say. That'll be cool, eh?

I honestly think bringing the original team of X-men back into the mainstream universe is going full retard. All of them are still around save for Jean. Why must we have dopplegangers, Marvel? I barely tolerated X-23 and Rachel Summers.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Osian2

@Rickbarry said:

I actually enjoyed this book more than the rest. It's mildly annoying that a book can not have Wolverine, still sell a ton and be cancelled only to be replaced by Wolverine. Stupid. It's not as if The X-men and Avengers have small rosters. Oh well. At least I'll get to see Thor's stupid olde english chat bubbles and not care what he has to say. That'll be cool, eh?

I honestly think bringing the original team of X-men back into the mainstream universe is going full retard. All of them are still around save for Jean. Why must we have dopplegangers, Marvel? I barely tolerated X-23 and Rachel Summers.

This^^ bringing the O5 back is pointless, they're totally inexperienced, they've never even heard of Sinister, Apocalypse, Hellfire Club or the friends of humanity. They don't know anyone i.e. Storm, Colossus, Gambit or Wolverine and they're all going to be teenagers/early twenties. They have no authority and why would they? They haven't experienced any of the X-mens greatest battles/tragedies i.e. Phoenix Saga, Mutant Massacre, Utopia or Second Coming. They shouldn't be able to make any sort of difference to the x-men. To ruin all of Gillens plans just so Bendis can F up the X-men is beyond retarded. Bendis himself admitted that he knew nothing of the X-men so he went back and read the original 5 period and thought "I want to write about that" and that's the reason he's bringing them to the future. Did everyone at Marvel forget that X-men was cancelled because it wasn't that good and it was only when Uncanny launched that they became popular?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#29  Edited By Lvenger

This is unfortunately a good thing for me because with Bendis off the Avengers, Hickman can make them great once again and I can buy Avengers knowing I'm buying a great book! This is all at the cost of the X-Men though.

Avatar image for hotsaucecommittee
    HotSauceCommittee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew Gillen was leaving, sorry JV.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Blood1991 said:

Damn......

Well I didn't see anything about X-Men "Thank goodness", but seriously? Uncanny cancelled? That has been a Marvel flagship for decades.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Totally fine with this. 

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's very fitting at this point in my life when I'm really losing interest in Marvel that they cancel one of the titles that made me a fan of their characters and stories in the first place.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By poisonfleur

@Mercy_ said:

This!^^

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rickbarry

I didn't read the first few issues of X-men, but didn't the title almost get cancelled because the original five were bland? That's why they had to introduce Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Storm and others for the new team. Don't sell me on this stuff, Marvel! People in the 60's thought it was lame!

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Umbraa

ANXM is Uncanny X-men. It's not cancelled, it's just Bendis taking over. KG wasn't planning on writing UXM for the long haul. He was just telling a story that fit AvX. Per TB, it's not canceled...it's the same book, with the O5 and other X-men.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Rickbarry

@Umbraa: Five dopplegangers, Wolverine, various avengers and then other X-men. It's going to blow.

jcbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jcbart

All New X-Men is Uncanny X-Men with a different title, so it's been said.

Honestly though, it's not the worst news. Uncanny X-Men was decent but it sure as hell isn't the best X-Title on the stands (Legacy, WaTXM, X-Force and Brian Wood's new run on Adjectiveless are all better imo).

I think there's potential in the original five coming back. Warren turned into the heir of Apocalypse and almost destroyed the Earth only to be killed and have an Angel persona be born in his place by The Life Seed; Jean has become life and death incarnate and threatened global extinction a few times and has been dead for almost a decade; Scott has essentially turned into Magneto in a world that threatens to wipe out mutantkind at any time; Beast is a blue, furry Avenger who wants nothing to do with Scott and his ways, and Bobby's.... well, Bobby.

If the original five who adore the Professor and are young, inexperienced and ambitious teenagers come into the present and see that this is their destined future.... Jesus, I'd pretty much give up on my life there and then.

We can only hope that Bendis somehow pulls it out of the bag. The premise is surprisingly interesting. Everyone needs to take a step back and think of what potential the story has. It's very promising.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Umbraa

Barry, Jean is dead. Who says Scott will not die too? You already had Dark Beast, and young beast would look different!...human different. Angel would also be different, a play boy hot shot...Iceman will as well. Plus the X men need a fresh start...and the new x movie will have the o5. It kinda makes since...and M day is over...There will be new mutants and characters who don't get shine will under Bendis...

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Gah, I am so happy about this.  

So so happy.  

=D

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Umbraa

@jcbart I agree totally. That's the interesting part. They will go WTF? And Uncanny Avengers roster is not final, so there are a lot of things. WaTx is staying. No word on the others, but with more mutants things are looking up.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#42  Edited By KainScion

thank god. seriously gillen just didnt do it for me anymore. everything was massive but really uninteresting.

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@Osian2 said:

@Rickbarry said:

This^^ bringing the O5 back is pointless, they're totally inexperienced, they've never even heard of Sinister, Apocalypse, Hellfire Club or the friends of humanity. They don't know anyone i.e. Storm, Colossus, Gambit or Wolverine and they're all going to be teenagers/early twenties. They have no authority and why would they? They haven't experienced any of the X-mens greatest battles/tragedies i.e. Phoenix Saga, Mutant Massacre, Utopia or Second Coming. They shouldn't be able to make any sort of difference to the x-men. To ruin all of Gillens plans just so Bendis can F up the X-men is beyond retarded. Bendis himself admitted that he knew nothing of the X-men so he went back and read the original 5 period and thought "I want to write about that" and that's the reason he's bringing them to the future. Did everyone at Marvel forget that X-men was cancelled because it wasn't that good and it was only when Uncanny launched that they became popular?

I don't understand why writers that aren't familar with the X-Men are made to read the 05 stuff. They should be made to start at Giant Size X-Men #1. I actually like the 05, or at least the stories by Roy Thomas and Neal Adams, but they were not what made the X-Men popular.

Also, Bendis said that he's going to bring in new mutants.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Dman1366

@Osian2 said:

@Rickbarry said:

it depends on which O5 he brings to the future, the original X-Factor run was only the O5. The first few issues deals with the fact that Jean was not possessed by the Phoenix; she was in a caccoon and the Phoenix simply took the shape and personality of her. Also, the O5 were the first to find and figh Apocolypse, issue 5 of X-Factor.

That being said, I am VERY skepitical.... Bendis ruined Avengers for me, and now he threatens my O5. Not okay. He should just do Spider-Man. That is it.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Osian2

@Dman1366 said:

@Osian2 said:

@Rickbarry said:

it depends on which O5 he brings to the future, the original X-Factor run was only the O5. The first few issues deals with the fact that Jean was not possessed by the Phoenix; she was in a caccoon and the Phoenix simply took the shape and personality of her. Also, the O5 were the first to find and figh Apocolypse, issue 5 of X-Factor.

That being said, I am VERY skepitical.... Bendis ruined Avengers for me, and now he threatens my O5. Not okay. He should just do Spider-Man. That is it.

Based on Jeans costume I'm assuming it's the O5 before X-factor and Giant size so while they will know some villains like Magneto they won't have had any real experience compared to any other X-man (they won't have experienced any of the major events). Even all their relationships won't exist, Jean and Storm used to be like sisters now Ororo will be old enough to be her mother!

@JoseDRiveraTCR7: New mutants as in ones we've never seen before? Maybe AVX will end with the mutant race being repowered after all.

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@Osian2:Yeah, he said brand new mutants characters. Hopefully the mutant race is restored. My only beef is I hope some of the lesser known characters aren't ignored. There are some good ones that don't get panel time.

Wolverine also is going to be in the book according to him.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Osian2

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@Osian2:Yeah, he said brand new mutants characters. Hopefully the mutant race is restored. My only beef is I hope some of the lesser known characters aren't ignored. There are some good ones that don't get panel time.

Wolverine also is going to be in the book according to him.

Wolverine..seriously? It better not be as a main character he's in enough books as it is. It's like Marvel only want books with at least one of their major 5 (Wolverine, Cap, Thor, Iron Man and Spider-man)

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By John Valentine

F&%K!

pwnda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By pwnda

between AvX and Schism, im really starting to hate Wolverine, Marvel is really making the Xmen look bad and they didnt want Wolverine to be on that side. I def hate the idea of so many avengers book post avx, Marvel should just rename the company to AvengersVS....... Bendis will find a way to put an Avenger is every issue of Xmen

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#50  Edited By kidchipotle

Stupid. That's all I can say.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.