Uncanny is becoming more and more interesting(SPOILERS inside)

#1 Posted by Veitha (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

I've just read the last issue of Uncanny X-Men and I have to admit that Bendis is doing a great job and that he's starting to write the characters in a very good way, including Emma Frost, who didn't seem like herself till this issue(well, at least she's said "sweetie") but that has returned to her old self(this isn't Morrison or Whedon's Emma, but I'm still happy to see her back) and Magik is just hilarious. And it also looks like Magneto isn't truly a mole like I was expecting. Yeah, his plans are still a bit cryptic, but that's the bets about this comic, everything is remaining quite misterious.

Next issue we are going to see an encounter beetwen the Uncanny X-Men and the Jean Grey Institute's students and teacher, I don't need to say that my hype is soaring lol

#2 Posted by judasnixon (7411 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not going lie, I kind of enjoyed watching Captain America and Cyclops yelling at each other again.......

#3 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

It was awesome. I can't believe people still hate this. I get disliking the usual Bendis dialogue, but he's being doing great overall, imo.

#4 Posted by Oscars94 (2656 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: That picture made me laugh a little too much!

#5 Posted by wessaari (635 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veitha said:

I've just read the last issue of Uncanny X-Men and I have to admit that Bendis is doing a great job and that he's starting to write the characters in a very good way, including Emma Frost, who didn't seem like herself till this issue(well, at least she's said "sweetie") but that has returned to her old self(this isn't Morrison or Whedon's Emma, but I'm still happy to see her back) and Magik is just hilarious. And it also looks like Magneto isn't truly a mole like I was expecting. Yeah, his plans are still a bit cryptic, but that's the bets about this comic, everything is remaining quite misterious.

Next issue we are going to see an encounter beetwen the Uncanny X-Men and the Jean Grey Institute's students and teacher, I don't need to say that my hype is soaring lol

this was my first issue of the series, and Marvel altogether, and I love it. I cant wait for the next issue. ive been contemplating picking up Bendis' run on All New X-men, since it would be a great contrast with the team from the past and the one in the present

#6 Posted by God_Spawn (38574 posts) - - Show Bio

Whedon quote.

Moderator
#7 Posted by UltraBiel (328 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm loving this book so far. Hope it keeps the good quality. :D

#8 Posted by Tohoma (1633 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait till the next release.

#9 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't describe with words how much I enjoyed this issue and how much I can't wait till the next one comes out, specially after that last page.

I'm just loving the series, and this chapter was exactly what I was expecting. Mags isn't a traitor at all, just a genius, like Emma said herself. Magik is funny as hell, and I love that the team still maintains a little sense of humor, and doesn't go overall dark and edgy. And the newt mutants just keep growing on me, I really like them.

And of course Eva OWNING the Avengers was priceless. And they really deserved it, Magik said it, they don't bring a Hulk for nothing, they were waiting for a fight, and it's so funny that they didn't get it, Scott's team managed to run away quite easily, getting his message to the mutant community and supporters, and basically making the Avengers look like assholes, and humiliating them in the run.

Can't wait to see what happens next.

#10 Posted by Avenger85 (2020 posts) - - Show Bio

Does seem like at one point in the near future, Cyke is gonna end up as the real leader for ALL mutants, and a joining of schools.

#11 Posted by CerealKiller (161 posts) - - Show Bio

i loved this issue so much!

ive never really liked magik but within 3 issues of this series she's growing on me haha

and the new mutants are actually really interesting, especially eva and the healing guy whosnameicantremeberrightthissecond and yeah

plus i was so upset that they were breaking emma and scott up but i dunno, the way bendis is writing their dynamic at the moment is really interesting! makes me think maybe their relationship was a little stale and this is something i want to read more of now (of course wanting them to be back together in the long run....ahahaha)

urgh im just so happy and excited for this new series and so far i love it and cant wait for every next issue!

#12 Posted by jojo111 (100 posts) - - Show Bio

I love uncanny xmen even more thanks to this issue. Bendis is doing such a good job. I loved when Magik said ''I can transport us into Avengers Tower and we can clog all the toilets and switch their underwear drawers'' lol. Anyway, i'm loving Uncanny so far!

#13 Posted by fesak (7001 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny is surprisingly good, pretty much the opposite of All-New

Moderator
#14 Edited by jojo111 (100 posts) - - Show Bio

Apologies for my awful scanning skills, i just got my scanner yesteray

caption
#15 Edited by CTG (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@jojo111: If the books still come w/ the digital code, you can always go to Comixology and download it to take screenshots. I get all my comics on iPad now and it makes the instances when I want to capture a page much easier.

#16 Posted by havoc1201 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the fact that Emma threw the blame into tonys face finally, and scott once again stood his ground against cap, i am loving this series and cant wait to see who jumps ship and joins Scott on the right side with their mutant savior

#17 Posted by time (5212 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny X-Men 3 was a good issue. Seeing the X-Men speaking up against the Avengers was amazing. Bendis is doing a good with all new X-Men and Uncanny X-Men. The only think I didn't like about the issue is Cyclops costume and the fact Magneto is not a traitor, but seeing him speaking up against Scott was amazing. By the way I hope Jean Doesn't join Cyclops team, I would hAte to see Emma tutor her. All new X-Men 9 and Uncanny X-Men 4 is going to be good. How can anyone not like what Bendis is doing, is beyond me, he is doing a good job.

#18 Edited by Teerack (7618 posts) - - Show Bio

The Cylcops and Emma chat was amazing! c:

and OMG OMG YES :3 so f**kin' hot.

#19 Posted by LastOblivion (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy, this last issue was the best one yet. It was so awesome, loved it! My favorite X-men title now.

@GonnaRain said:

I can't describe with words how much I enjoyed this issue and how much I can't wait till the next one comes out, specially after that last page.

I'm just loving the series, and this chapter was exactly what I was expecting. Mags isn't a traitor at all, just a genius, like Emma said herself. Magik is funny as hell, and I love that the team still maintains a little sense of humor, and doesn't go overall dark and edgy. And the newt mutants just keep growing on me, I really like them.

And of course Eva OWNING the Avengers was priceless. And they really deserved it, Magik said it, they don't bring a Hulk for nothing, they were waiting for a fight, and it's so funny that they didn't get it, Scott's team managed to run away quite easily, getting his message to the mutant community and supporters, and basically making the Avengers look like assholes, and humiliating them in the run.

Can't wait to see what happens next.

This.

#20 Edited by CTG (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

The Cylcops and Emma chat was amazing! c:

and OMG OMG YES :3 so f**kin' hot.

I was wondering if anyone would mention those panels. Bendis has been writing a great Magik.

@time said:

Uncanny X-Men 3 was a good issue. Seeing the X-Men speaking up against the Avengers was amazing. Bendis is doing a good with all new X-Men and Uncanny X-Men. The only think I didn't like about the issue is Cyclops costume and the fact Magneto is not a traitor, but seeing him speaking up against Scott was amazing. By the way I hope Jean Doesn't join Cyclops team, I would hAte to see Emma tutor her. All new X-Men 9 and Uncanny X-Men 4 is going to be good. How can anyone not like what Bendis is doing, is beyond me, he is doing a good job.

I hate to call anyone who has a different opinion than my own a hater, but there is a tremendous amount of hate for Bendis on this board for whatever reason.

#21 Posted by Dman1366 (836 posts) - - Show Bio

You know who would be a great artist for this series? J. Scott Campbell

#22 Posted by judasnixon (7411 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dman1366: No! I love J. Scott Campbell, but I don't think he fits the tone. Now to think about it I can't think of an artist who fit the tone of the book. To be honest I don't know what the Hell The tone of the book is.......
#23 Posted by akbogert (3234 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dman1366: @judasnixon: I love Bachalo on this. I think the style is working just fine. <_<

#24 Posted by Dman1366 (836 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: I am not bashing Bachalo. In fact, his last three issues have been mind blowing. I just feel that with these angsty teens and Anti-hero actions, J. Scott would have a lot of experience coming from Image.

#25 Posted by akbogert (3234 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dman1366: Well, I just don't know what the use is in talking about a replacement if the current artist is doing great; but yeah, I suppose if it were being done badly Campbell might work. I've honestly never seen a book of his, just his covers and Deviant Art stuff.

#26 Posted by Dman1366 (836 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: I am glad you like him too. It's hard to find. I just read some of my old Deathmate and Gen13 books, so fun, and sexy (can I say that on here?). I think Bachalo fits fine. I think Land would be a good one (even though he traces). Also, check out the artist on the new Cyber Force stuff. He would be great as well. See my comment above of why I think J. Scott would be good.

And a another tangent. I think J. Scott and Jim Lee are about the only artists from the 90's that I liked, and Bachalo occasionally. I hated Liefeld and almost every other artist because they tried to be just like Campbell and Lee. There was no differentiating art during that time

#27 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@CTG said:

@time said:

Uncanny X-Men 3 was a good issue. Seeing the X-Men speaking up against the Avengers was amazing. Bendis is doing a good with all new X-Men and Uncanny X-Men. The only think I didn't like about the issue is Cyclops costume and the fact Magneto is not a traitor, but seeing him speaking up against Scott was amazing. By the way I hope Jean Doesn't join Cyclops team, I would hAte to see Emma tutor her. All new X-Men 9 and Uncanny X-Men 4 is going to be good. How can anyone not like what Bendis is doing, is beyond me, he is doing a good job.

I hate to call anyone who has a different opinion than my own a hater, but there is a tremendous amount of hate for Bendis on this board for whatever reason.

I feel that it has as much to do with his critics being among the most outspoken and articulate, more than it has to do with them being an actual majority. But that's just my feeling.

I just hope they aren't missing out on this book because of it, because, as mentioned, this book is really starting to get good.

#28 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio
" I hated Liefeld and almost every other artist because they tried to be just like Campbell and Lee. There was no differentiating art during that time"

This is false. Silverstri and Portacio had their own developed styles and were in that big 5 group. McFarlane also had a very distinct style.

Mind you, Wilce's style was very similar to Lee's, they were easy to tell apart. Then, the Kuberts. Adam and Andy. I can seem thinking Andy's style looked like Lee's, but Adam's was more organic and seemed (to me) to be a mix of his father's style and the trends at the time.

The bigshots were the five, though. Lee, Silvestri, McFarlane, Portacio, and Liefield (ugh... how, I have no idea on that last one). Each had a distinct style from the others.
#29 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkxSeraph said:

" I hated Liefeld and almost every other artist because they tried to be just like Campbell and Lee. There was no differentiating art during that time"This is false. Silverstri and Portacio had their own developed styles and were in that big 5 group. McFarlane also had a very distinct style. Mind you, Wilce's style was very similar to Lee's, they were easy to tell apart. Then, the Kuberts. Adam and Andy. I can seem thinking Andy's style looked like Lee's, but Adam's was more organic and seemed (to me) to be a mix of his father's style and the trends at the time. The bigshots were the five, though. Lee, Silvestri, McFarlane, Portacio, and Liefield (ugh... how, I have no idea on that last one). Each had a distinct style from the others.

You forgot Eric Larson, arguably the most interesting of the bunch, and, other than Lee, the only one who had any genuine talent. But that's just my opinion. I've been biting my tongue ever since trash-man Campbell somehow got brought up.

#30 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually rather liked the Kubert Brothers and Silvestri alongside Lee. McFarlane and Portacio I could do without, and Liefield... well... please. Learn basic Anatomy, plz? Eric Larson... meh. But I can see why people liked him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.