Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Uncanny is becoming more and more interesting(SPOILERS inside)

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Veitha

I've just read the last issue of Uncanny X-Men and I have to admit that Bendis is doing a great job and that he's starting to write the characters in a very good way, including Emma Frost, who didn't seem like herself till this issue(well, at least she's said "sweetie") but that has returned to her old self(this isn't Morrison or Whedon's Emma, but I'm still happy to see her back) and Magik is just hilarious. And it also looks like Magneto isn't truly a mole like I was expecting. Yeah, his plans are still a bit cryptic, but that's the bets about this comic, everything is remaining quite misterious.

Next issue we are going to see an encounter beetwen the Uncanny X-Men and the Jean Grey Institute's students and teacher, I don't need to say that my hype is soaring lol

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By judasnixon

I'm not going lie, I kind of enjoyed watching Captain America and Cyclops yelling at each other again.......

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

It was awesome. I can't believe people still hate this. I get disliking the usual Bendis dialogue, but he's being doing great overall, imo.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@judasnixon: That picture made me laugh a little too much!

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By wessaari

@Veitha said:

I've just read the last issue of Uncanny X-Men and I have to admit that Bendis is doing a great job and that he's starting to write the characters in a very good way, including Emma Frost, who didn't seem like herself till this issue(well, at least she's said "sweetie") but that has returned to her old self(this isn't Morrison or Whedon's Emma, but I'm still happy to see her back) and Magik is just hilarious. And it also looks like Magneto isn't truly a mole like I was expecting. Yeah, his plans are still a bit cryptic, but that's the bets about this comic, everything is remaining quite misterious.

Next issue we are going to see an encounter beetwen the Uncanny X-Men and the Jean Grey Institute's students and teacher, I don't need to say that my hype is soaring lol

this was my first issue of the series, and Marvel altogether, and I love it. I cant wait for the next issue. ive been contemplating picking up Bendis' run on All New X-men, since it would be a great contrast with the team from the past and the one in the present

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Whedon quote.

UltraBiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By UltraBiel

I'm loving this book so far. Hope it keeps the good quality. :D

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tohoma

I can't wait till the next release.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GonnaRain

I can't describe with words how much I enjoyed this issue and how much I can't wait till the next one comes out, specially after that last page.

I'm just loving the series, and this chapter was exactly what I was expecting. Mags isn't a traitor at all, just a genius, like Emma said herself. Magik is funny as hell, and I love that the team still maintains a little sense of humor, and doesn't go overall dark and edgy. And the newt mutants just keep growing on me, I really like them.

And of course Eva OWNING the Avengers was priceless. And they really deserved it, Magik said it, they don't bring a Hulk for nothing, they were waiting for a fight, and it's so funny that they didn't get it, Scott's team managed to run away quite easily, getting his message to the mutant community and supporters, and basically making the Avengers look like assholes, and humiliating them in the run.

Can't wait to see what happens next.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Eeshaan1685

Does seem like at one point in the near future, Cyke is gonna end up as the real leader for ALL mutants, and a joining of schools.

CerealKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CerealKiller

i loved this issue so much!

ive never really liked magik but within 3 issues of this series she's growing on me haha

and the new mutants are actually really interesting, especially eva and the healing guy whosnameicantremeberrightthissecond and yeah

plus i was so upset that they were breaking emma and scott up but i dunno, the way bendis is writing their dynamic at the moment is really interesting! makes me think maybe their relationship was a little stale and this is something i want to read more of now (of course wanting them to be back together in the long run....ahahaha)

urgh im just so happy and excited for this new series and so far i love it and cant wait for every next issue!

jojo111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By jojo111

I love uncanny xmen even more thanks to this issue. Bendis is doing such a good job. I loved when Magik said ''I can transport us into Avengers Tower and we can clog all the toilets and switch their underwear drawers'' lol. Anyway, i'm loving Uncanny so far!

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Uncanny is surprisingly good, pretty much the opposite of All-New

jojo111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By jojo111

Apologies for my awful scanning skills, i just got my scanner yesteray

caption
    caption
    CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CTG

@jojo111: If the books still come w/ the digital code, you can always go to Comixology and download it to take screenshots. I get all my comics on iPad now and it makes the instances when I want to capture a page much easier.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By havoc1201

I loved the fact that Emma threw the blame into tonys face finally, and scott once again stood his ground against cap, i am loving this series and cant wait to see who jumps ship and joins Scott on the right side with their mutant savior

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#17  Edited By time1

Uncanny X-Men 3 was a good issue. Seeing the X-Men speaking up against the Avengers was amazing. Bendis is doing a good with all new X-Men and Uncanny X-Men. The only think I didn't like about the issue is Cyclops costume and the fact Magneto is not a traitor, but seeing him speaking up against Scott was amazing. By the way I hope Jean Doesn't join Cyclops team, I would hAte to see Emma tutor her. All new X-Men 9 and Uncanny X-Men 4 is going to be good. How can anyone not like what Bendis is doing, is beyond me, he is doing a good job.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#18  Edited By Teerack

The Cylcops and Emma chat was amazing! c:

and OMG OMG YES :3 so f**kin' hot.

No Caption Provided
    LastOblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LastOblivion

Holy, this last issue was the best one yet. It was so awesome, loved it! My favorite X-men title now.

@GonnaRain said:

I can't describe with words how much I enjoyed this issue and how much I can't wait till the next one comes out, specially after that last page.

I'm just loving the series, and this chapter was exactly what I was expecting. Mags isn't a traitor at all, just a genius, like Emma said herself. Magik is funny as hell, and I love that the team still maintains a little sense of humor, and doesn't go overall dark and edgy. And the newt mutants just keep growing on me, I really like them.

And of course Eva OWNING the Avengers was priceless. And they really deserved it, Magik said it, they don't bring a Hulk for nothing, they were waiting for a fight, and it's so funny that they didn't get it, Scott's team managed to run away quite easily, getting his message to the mutant community and supporters, and basically making the Avengers look like assholes, and humiliating them in the run.

Can't wait to see what happens next.

This.

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CTG

@Teerack said:

No Caption Provided

The Cylcops and Emma chat was amazing! c:

and OMG OMG YES :3 so f**kin' hot.

I was wondering if anyone would mention those panels. Bendis has been writing a great Magik.

@time said:

Uncanny X-Men 3 was a good issue. Seeing the X-Men speaking up against the Avengers was amazing. Bendis is doing a good with all new X-Men and Uncanny X-Men. The only think I didn't like about the issue is Cyclops costume and the fact Magneto is not a traitor, but seeing him speaking up against Scott was amazing. By the way I hope Jean Doesn't join Cyclops team, I would hAte to see Emma tutor her. All new X-Men 9 and Uncanny X-Men 4 is going to be good. How can anyone not like what Bendis is doing, is beyond me, he is doing a good job.

I hate to call anyone who has a different opinion than my own a hater, but there is a tremendous amount of hate for Bendis on this board for whatever reason.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dman1366

You know who would be a great artist for this series? J. Scott Campbell

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By judasnixon
    @Dman1366: No! I love J. Scott Campbell, but I don't think he fits the tone. Now to think about it I can't think of an artist who fit the tone of the book. To be honest I don't know what the Hell The tone of the book is.......
    akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#23  Edited By akbogert

@Dman1366: @judasnixon: I love Bachalo on this. I think the style is working just fine. <_<

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dman1366

@akbogert: I am not bashing Bachalo. In fact, his last three issues have been mind blowing. I just feel that with these angsty teens and Anti-hero actions, J. Scott would have a lot of experience coming from Image.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#25  Edited By akbogert

@Dman1366: Well, I just don't know what the use is in talking about a replacement if the current artist is doing great; but yeah, I suppose if it were being done badly Campbell might work. I've honestly never seen a book of his, just his covers and Deviant Art stuff.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Dman1366

@judasnixon: I am glad you like him too. It's hard to find. I just read some of my old Deathmate and Gen13 books, so fun, and sexy (can I say that on here?). I think Bachalo fits fine. I think Land would be a good one (even though he traces). Also, check out the artist on the new Cyber Force stuff. He would be great as well. See my comment above of why I think J. Scott would be good.

And a another tangent. I think J. Scott and Jim Lee are about the only artists from the 90's that I liked, and Bachalo occasionally. I hated Liefeld and almost every other artist because they tried to be just like Campbell and Lee. There was no differentiating art during that time

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dangallant984

@CTG said:

@time said:

I hate to call anyone who has a different opinion than my own a hater, but there is a tremendous amount of hate for Bendis on this board for whatever reason.

I feel that it has as much to do with his critics being among the most outspoken and articulate, more than it has to do with them being an actual majority. But that's just my feeling.

I just hope they aren't missing out on this book because of it, because, as mentioned, this book is really starting to get good.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DarkxSeraph
    " I hated Liefeld and almost every other artist because they tried to be just like Campbell and Lee. There was no differentiating art during that time"

This is false. Silverstri and Portacio had their own developed styles and were in that big 5 group. McFarlane also had a very distinct style.

Mind you, Wilce's style was very similar to Lee's, they were easy to tell apart. Then, the Kuberts. Adam and Andy. I can seem thinking Andy's style looked like Lee's, but Adam's was more organic and seemed (to me) to be a mix of his father's style and the trends at the time.

The bigshots were the five, though. Lee, Silvestri, McFarlane, Portacio, and Liefield (ugh... how, I have no idea on that last one). Each had a distinct style from the others.
    dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By dangallant984

@DarkxSeraph said:

" I hated Liefeld and almost every other artist because they tried to be just like Campbell and Lee. There was no differentiating art during that time"This is false. Silverstri and Portacio had their own developed styles and were in that big 5 group. McFarlane also had a very distinct style. Mind you, Wilce's style was very similar to Lee's, they were easy to tell apart. Then, the Kuberts. Adam and Andy. I can seem thinking Andy's style looked like Lee's, but Adam's was more organic and seemed (to me) to be a mix of his father's style and the trends at the time. The bigshots were the five, though. Lee, Silvestri, McFarlane, Portacio, and Liefield (ugh... how, I have no idea on that last one). Each had a distinct style from the others.

You forgot Eric Larson, arguably the most interesting of the bunch, and, other than Lee, the only one who had any genuine talent. But that's just my opinion. I've been biting my tongue ever since trash-man Campbell somehow got brought up.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DarkxSeraph

I actually rather liked the Kubert Brothers and Silvestri alongside Lee. McFarlane and Portacio I could do without, and Liefield... well... please. Learn basic Anatomy, plz? Eric Larson... meh. But I can see why people liked him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.