Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Uncanny Costumes

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Veitha

Here we have a better view of the Uncanny Team costumes by Dell'Otto

No Caption Provided

Do you like them?? I think that Emma's and Magik's costumes are too similar and Emma should wear a mantle, but I love Christopher's design, that's very cool!

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By dangallant984

hmm.. Cyclops' new look is growing on me, overall, but I still prefer the visor. I'll get used to it.

Magik's look is perfect, I think.

Emma's seems like a step backwards, honestly. I like the black well enough, but the booty shorts not so much. I'd prefer they used something more mature looking, like her dark X-men outfit or something.

I was actually holding out hope that that was Lady Mastermind, since it looks exactly like her.

No Caption Provided

I do like Magneto in white, but I wish his helmet wasn't so styley. Sleeves wouldn't hurt, but it's mostly the helmet that bugs me. Like Cyclops, I'll get used to it.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

#3  Edited By knighthood

@Veitha:

It's very difficult to get a complete understanding of the character design with red tinting. At first glance I didn't like Magik's costume, but it is probably the best redesign out of the already established characters.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By knighthood

Here is another look at Magik's costume...

No Caption Provided
    lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By lorex

Magik in these images looks awesome, I hope she continues to get more attention.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By BR_Havoc

I like Magik's and Cyclops new costume is ok but I still prefer the old one. Emma's is a meh to me do not like it or dislike it but I really dislike Magneto's he looks like he is a knight or something. Is it just me or do these costumes look like they are something from Anime?

georgia251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By georgia251

storms costume lol i found she ripped off wonder woman lol

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#8  Edited By time1

Emma and Magik costume look the same. Magik looks cool though.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cattlebattle

I like Bachalos art and style....he is who I think probably designed the costumes.....however, I have a lot of dislike for them

Cyclops outfit is alright, I like the red trim...but from the neck up he looks like Racer X.

Magnetos big helmet and sleeveless get up makes him look like a character from a medieval anime or something

Everything about Emma Frosts character is based around "white Queen" have her in black is strange.......it kind of nullifies her identity.

nitpick, nitpick.....

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Magik looks awesome, Cyclops outfit is meh I prefer the visor over the x on his face. I like Magneto but Idon't like the helmet.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Big ass FF7 Swords you can't go wrong lol. Cyclops new mask is kinda cool too.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By AgeofHurricane

I'm sorry, what's the mission mandate for this team ? Daily trips into the virtual world of WoW or something ? They don't even look like recognizable Mutants anymore, actually like a bunch of hardcore amalgamated Anime Cos-players and RPG sadists/fetish-freaks from a nerd's nightmare.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By judasnixon

I'm glad to see Magik finally get out of the default standard New Mutants costume, she looks crazy yet kind of awesome at the same time. too bad that giant sword she's holding looks dumb.

Thank god I can look at Magneto and not see burgundy and purple. There's something funny about a old man going sleeveless, but hey it's comics. The shaved head doesn't bother me, but if it was up to me I would have went with a beard instead. More comic book characters should have beards. 

I'm one of the few who likes X face cyclops. giving up the blue and gold for the black and red does make him look little more menacing. My only complaint is the pouches. God Damn Pouches! It's more of a nitpick than anything.

I loath Emma's new look. Why would you put both blonde characters in black costumes? That's just bad design. I really wish that they gave Emma a total new costume design, but kept it white. It would have balanced the whole color scheme of the team, instead you got magneto as the only guy wearing white on a all black costume team. I do like Emma with a bob though. It's bad when the only way to tell Magik and Emma apart is one has bangs and one doesn't.

As for the two new mutants they can both jump in a lake for all I care. One has a mini skirt and the other is wearing a tie? Who ever design their costumes probably cared less for these characters than I do, and that's not saying much....

Uncanny X-Men
    Uncanny X-Men
    x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#14  Edited By x_29

Still not diggin the costume. Nice artwork.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Is Magik now a female version of Cloud?

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By knighthood

@judasnixon said:

I'm glad to see Magik finally get out of the default standard New Mutants costume, she looks crazy yet awesome.

Thank god I can look at Magneto and not see burgundy and purple. There's something funny about a old man going sleeveless, but hey it's comics.

I'm one of the few who likes X face cyclops. giving up the blue and gold for the black and red does make him look more menacing.

I loath Emma's new look. Why would you put both blonde characters in black costumes? That's just bad design. I really wish that they gave Emma a total new costume design, but kept it white. It would have balanced the whole color scheme of the team, instead you got magneto as the only guy wearing white on a all black costume team. I do like Emma with a bob though.

As for the two new mutants they can both jump in a lake for all I care. One has a mini skirt and the other is wearing a tie? Who ever design their costumes probably cared less for these characters than I do.
    Uncanny X-Men
    Uncanny X-Men

Yeah Magneto kinda sticks out like a sore thumb. Just switch Emma costume to white and the team will be much more balanced. Eva's costume is horrible, but I do like Christopher's.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Crimsonlord53

Yes a boob window is finally back in comics. Not such a big fan of cylon mags. Emma would look better if her boots where lower on the thighs and they put her in a corset/bustier style top and not a top piece similar to the shi,ar warbird.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dangallant984

@AgeofHurricane said:

I'm sorry, what's the mission mandate for this team ? Daily trips into the virtual world of WoW or something ? They don't even look like recognizable Mutants anymore, actually like a bunch of hardcore amalgamated Anime Cos-players and RPG sadists/fetish-freaks from a nerd's nightmare.

hahahahaha! you're kinda right.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Veitha

@knighthood said:

No Caption Provided

Here is another look at Magik's costume...

Wow, this is very cool!

@AgeofHurricane said:

lololol I thought the same thing when I first saw them... Illyana's sword is just too big lol and why has she got two swords?!

@dangallant984 said:

hmm.. Cyclops' new look is growing on me, overall, but I still prefer the visor. I'll get used to it.

Magik's look is perfect, I think.

Emma's seems like a step backwards, honestly. I like the black well enough, but the booty shorts not so much. I'd prefer they used something more mature looking, like her dark X-men outfit or something.

I was actually holding out hope that that was Lady Mastermind, since it looks exactly like her.

No Caption Provided

I do like Magneto in white, but I wish his helmet wasn't so styley. Sleeves wouldn't hurt, but it's mostly the helmet that bugs me. Like Cyclops, I'll get used to it.

Yeah, I would have loved the Dark X-Men costume for Emma.

Or maybe something like this:

No Caption Provided
    Prodigy P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Prodigy P

I could say that this is the worst-dressed team of all time, but no one puts it better than

@AgeofHurricane said:

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Blood1991

@AgeofHurricane said:

Damn Age!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#22  Edited By Teerack

Oh god Emma's new outfit.... /sploosh.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dangallant984

@Veitha said:

No Caption Provided

I like that picture, but I think this too would be a step back for Emma, as her costume.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Veitha

@dangallant984 said:

@Veitha said:

No Caption Provided

I like that picture, but I think this too would be a step back for Emma, as her costume.

Yeah, she would look like the White Queen, but from what is happening to her and her teammates I don't think that a return to her "villainous costumes" would be a step back, she would just remind the others who she really is, the Black Queen. Anyway, I'd like to see also her New X-Men outfit painted of black.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Magik looks cool, but i'm not so sure about Cyclops' X-face. Atleast it complements Mags Y-face.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By dangallant984

@Veitha said:

Yeah, she would look like the White Queen, but from what is happening to her and her teammates I don't think that a return to her "villainous costumes" would be a step back, she would just remind the others who she really is, the Black Queen. Anyway, I'd like to see also her New X-Men outfit painted of black.

I meant it would be a step back to see her dressed like such a bimbo, actually.

she's an outlaw freedom fighter now, let's keep her pants on at least.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.