Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Ultimate X-Men. Worth a look?

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By reignmaker

Not a real big X-Men fan. To me, a lot of their stuff reads like a soap opera, more so than most in this medium. Not really into these characters either, they just weren't my heroes growing up.

That being said I've been reading back issues of Ultimate Spider-Man, and enjoying the hell out of it. I'm interested in digging deeper into the Ultimate Universe and the X-Men series was sort of obvious. After doing a little research, I've gotten the sense that the opening Mark Miller story was pretty well received. I'm reading it right now and it seems alright. Like Spidey, everything is really accessible.

My question is should I keep going after the opening arc? Is the rest of the series any good? I don't need it to be earth-shattering, but I don't really want to invest anymore time if it's going to blow chunks. Just wanted to get someone's opinion who's familiar with the series.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Seriously? No one has read this?

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

From what I've heard it gets pretty bad after a while.

You should skip to the current series.

BB

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Backflip

Ultimate X-Men is fantastic as a whole. Millar's run is practically flawless, however Issue 72-100 (Kirkman and whoever was after him). onwards is arguably the low point for Ultimate X-Men. But again, the new series (Spencer, then Wood) is again stellar and arguably the best X-Book at the moment so I'd definitely give it a look.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

So 1-72 is good and then skip to current? What about the Ultimatum event and all is that worth it?

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dont waste your time read the first 2 stories of ultimates by millar but after he left that series sucked too

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed the first volume of Ultimate X-men, but this latest version is kind of like watching paint dry.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I never read the whole thing but I know that it gets really bad in the end somewhere.It sucks from the beginning also but not that much.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.