Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Ultimate X-men in general

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By x_29

Lets try to get away from the 616 X-men and talk about the ultimate version. I do not really see a lot of topics about the ultimate x-men, and since the series imo has been good and growing more and more engaging as of late, I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on Ultimate X-men as a whole. Likes and dislikes, best and worst moments, x-characters who want see have an ultimate counterpart and etc.

imperial90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By imperial90

Ultimate Kitty is vastly superior to 616 Kitty, her and revolutionary Cyclops would get along like best buds. Loved it when she decided to stop taking crap from people when she was in class during Ultimate Spiderman, birth of a legend.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Wood's Ultimate Comics is one of the best X-Books (excluding X-Factor and UXF) being published right now. So much in so little. I love, love, LOVE his Pryde, Such a shame that her primary writer in the 616 is Aaron, who isn't even going anywhere close.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By TheCrowbar

I wish was there was a strong male in that book I could relate to >.>

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Crimsonlord53

Loving 1610.

Would love to see X 23 in the ultimate U others would be polaris havoc forge sage bishop maybe cable.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheCrowbar

Havoc is rumored to be returning.

I think Bishop and Cable are dead.

No clue about Polaris.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By x_29

Ultimate kitty is a badass.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By SoA

@TheCrowbar: old bishop is but young bishop should still be around , and cable was cancelled out of existance

@imperial90: i never thought i could be a kitty fan up until the ult. series . im especially impressed that she can make her self more solid and do damage that way

@Crimsonlord53: im guessing you recently started on the ultimate universe (its what got me back into comics after 10-12yr hiatus) for now jimmy hudson fills the x-23/daken/wolvie role,polaris i believe is dead ,havok is in a psych ward but it was hinted he might make a return ,read what i wrote to crowbar about bishop & cable, and i do not know if a version of sage ever transpired

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Crimsonlord53

@SoA: Nope just hard to remember who all is dead.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By x_29

Nick Spencer's run was really mediocre in my opinion. Half of it was appropriate set up, the other was just wtf.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#11  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I love it but I wish they would develop more characters instead of them just popping in for a cameo

chunkypack87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By chunkypack87

This and the Boys got me back into comics.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheCrowbar said:

I was there was a strong male in that book I could relate to >.>

Maybe the challenge is for you to relate to a character first without their sex playing a role in who you could understand? You'd be missing out on a lot of good stories if you only liked ones with a male character for you to identify with.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By John Valentine

@x_29 said:

Nick Spencer's run was really mediocre in my opinion. Half of it was appropriate set up, the other was just wtf.

So damn average. Especially the hype Marvel gave it. Has the Cyclops/Prof X/Apocalypse stuff even lead anywhere?

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheCrowbar

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@TheCrowbar said:

I was there was a strong male in that book I could relate to >.>

Maybe the challenge is for you to relate to a character first without their sex playing a role in who you could understand? You'd be missing out on a lot of good stories if you only liked ones with a male character for you to identify with.

Did I say anything about not enjoying the story. It's just my wish for there to be one.

Edit: Holy hell my grammar was bad.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I'm LOVING Wood's Ultimate x-Men run. His Kitty and Storm have been really compelling, the story is dark and engaging, has a good balance of action and character focus and dialogue, and his take on the characters don't give them the same "feel" as their 616 counterparts, and that has been rather refreshing.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By chasereis

It was really good until it turned reservoir dogs. the whole ultimate universe seems to have slid of a flaming cliff in the ninth plane of hell. Whole line should be cancelled in my opinion, waste of perfectly good paper.

Quicksilver974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Quicksilver974

I also have to agree that I absolutely love the direction Ultimate X-men is going. Far superior than the other Ultimate titles at the moment. I just read issue 19 and I really wonder how Betsy Braddock/Psylocke is alive. It was pretty clear that she died but I won't be too picky because she is one of my favorite X-men characters. Also they said that there were 20 mutants left; I'm assuming that means 20 just in the U.S. (that they know of) because it's pretty clear that the SEAR is a big mutant community outside the U.S. My top favorite series at the moment along with TMNT.

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By RedK

@Quicksilver974 said:

I also have to agree that I absolutely love the direction Ultimate X-men is going. Far superior than the other Ultimate titles at the moment. I just read issue 19 and I really wonder how Betsy Braddock/Psylocke is alive. It was pretty clear that she died but I won't be too picky because she is one of my favorite X-men characters. Also they said that there were 20 mutants left; I'm assuming that means 20 just in the U.S. (that they know of) because it's pretty clear that the SEAR is a big mutant community outside the U.S. My top favorite series at the moment along with TMNT.

yea was thinking the same think about their being only 20 left, my own thoughts on that are they just want to keep a small cast for the moment, and concentrate on the group dynamic.

loving the new characters that they introduced, theirs powers and how they use them, especially Mach 2 and Network. Would really like to see across over with ultimate spidey to see Kitty's reaction to Miles

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheCrowbar: Ah ok. Thought you meant to indicate that you didn't enjoy the stories unless there was a male lead.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Just waiting for when Karen/Jean finally cuts a b*tch (Kitty).

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#22  Edited By McKlayn

I quit the series cause of money issues lol, so the question is have they do anything with Havok yet? Do we got a team together besides iceman, wolverine jr,rogue & kitty?

Quicksilver974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Quicksilver974

@McKlayn

I'm not sure if you quit this current series or the previous Ultimate X-men but they did have a brief appearance of Havok being freed from a mental institution (if my memory is correct) by Sinister. This heavily implies that he will be one of the Four Hoursemen of Apocalypse whenever that event happens. I have a feeling Alex Summers will be a big part of the Ultimate X-men in the near future. As for the team, we still have the four you mentioned and just got introduced to quite a few new members in the most recent issue to bring the total to 15 members. Once again, they said there are 20 mutants left (which I'm assuming means "20 that the public are aware of) so 5 are unaccounted for.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rickbarry

@McKlayn said:

I quit the series cause of money issues lol, so the question is have they do anything with Havok yet? Do we got a team together besides iceman, wolverine jr,rogue & kitty?

Nope and I'm not sure when the story is going to deviate from Kitty. It's not a bad story that Wood has told, but it could get stale before too long. I mean...how long can they be running from sentinels? It's been nearly twenty issues and they're still the primary threat.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By McKlayn

@Rickbarry: yea its one of the reason's i cut it, there seemed to be alot of iron's in the fire but nothing was burning yet if you get what i mean. LIke they showed Havok, and Jean, and this person and that person, and the main group just was running for their lives it was good but all over the place so i figured i would just stick with 616.

(btw i dropped it around issue 13ish? so i am way behind lol)

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By McKlayn

@Quicksilver974: yea i mean that series, with the mental institute talking to dead cyclops. WOW 20 mutants left?! yea thats alot less then 198 lol, i know this seems like alot but anyone got a list of who is left? I might have to give this one a go again lol

Quicksilver974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Quicksilver974

Yeah but like I said, I'm pretty sure it's 20 mutants left in the U.S. because SEAR still exists which should have over thousands of mutants. Here is the list of the mutants that went to start their new community:

Iceman, Storm, Armor, Blackheath, Network, Warpath, Micromax, Mach Two, Magma, Psylocke, Shola Inkosi, Jimmy Hudson, Kitty Pryde, Rogue and Zero.

Jean Grey/Karen Grant (whatever she goes by now) works for SEAR. Also I'm sure Quicksilver, Colossus, Havok,and other mutants are bound to show up sooner or later. I'm still waiting on Magik to make her appearance in the Ultimate Universe. But yeah, I highly recommend you give it a go again :)

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By McKlayn

@Quicksilver974: Zero like Hope's Zero? The one that turned on her and got killed in Gen Hope?

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Rickbarry

@Quicksilver974: Whoa whoa whoa. I've missed the last couple issues, but there's only 20 mutant left in the U.S.? When did this happen?

Quicksilver974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Quicksilver974

I'm actually unfamiliar with Zero so I don't know anything about him. His name is Kenji Uedo. Does that help?

Yeah just 20 left. It actually happened recently like in issue 18 and 18.1. I'm kinda eh about it but I'll have to see how it plays out. And I could tell you how it happened but I figure if you are gonna read up on it, it would be better if you read for yourself

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.