Two Wolverine Solos?

#1 Posted by GenesisX (70 posts) - - Show Bio

What's the difference between Wolverine and Wolverine, The Best There Is? Is it just because he's popular? I've started reading the Wolverine series, but want to know what correlation does the other one have to the X-Men?

#2 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine is a good book and Wolverine: The Best There is isn't...that's the difference

#3 Posted by NX (307 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverines Cool,But He is not the Best.

#4 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@GenesisX:

"Wolverine: The Best There Is" is being cancelled.

#5 Edited by masterlogan2000 (26 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85:

Where did you hear that? I haven't seen news of it, but Wolverine BTI has been pretty bad, so I wouldn't mind at all if it was canceled.

#6 Posted by CATPANEXE (9366 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine has had more than one series for awhile, as well as numerous 1-shots and limiteds. Best There Is filled the void of Wolverine Weapon X.

#7 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

@GenesisX:

haven't read that anywhere either but it needs to be.

#8 Posted by masterlogan2000 (26 posts) - - Show Bio

@CATPANEXE said:

Wolverine has had more than one series for awhile, as well as numerous 1-shots and limiteds. Best There Is filled the void of Wolverine Weapon X.

Actually, Wolverine Weapon X was what filled the void of the Wolverine Volume 3 series when Daken took over the book at #75. Marvel needed a monthly book with Wolverine, so they created Weapon X. The relaunch of the Wolverine regular series with Volume 4 was just a continuation of the Weapon X series.

#9 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

Just accept that there will always be dozens of Wolverine solo ongoings & limited series... And try not to think about the continuity issues of when each of them took place, as most of them can almost immediately be swept under the proverbial carpet & forgotten about afterwards ;)

#10 Posted by GenesisX (70 posts) - - Show Bio

If Wolverine: BTI is really that bad, I guess I don't have to worry about reading that series, then.

#11 Posted by ssejllenrad (12780 posts) - - Show Bio

Has Wolverine become the poster boy over the years or is it still Spidey?

#12 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine: The Best There Is is just a massive misnomer. Terrible, terrible book.

Wolverine is great.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.