Trask industries in X-men: DoFP

#1 Edited by scouts1998 (584 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone noticed that Trask industries which can be seen in the sentinel posters is a anagram of Stark!

is Fox teasing marvel/disney.

What are your thoughts?

See down the bottom.

P.S. DoFP stands for Days of Futures Past

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (12586 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone noticed that Trask industries which can be seen in the sentinel posters is a anagram of Stark!

is Fox teasing marvel/disney.

What are your thoughts?

Nope. Fox is just teasing Bolivar Trask who was a character from the comics that was responsible for creating the Sentinels, who first appeared in Uncanny X-Men # 14 almost 50 years ago.

#3 Posted by scouts1998 (584 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle oh! ok, i don't read many marvel comics (only Deadpool, FF, Hawkeye) so i don't know as much about marvel as do DC

Did stan lee do the anagram on purpose then!

#4 Edited by cattlebattle (12586 posts) - - Show Bio

@scouts1998: Its possible that he did that on purpose. There were a lot of similar names and looks of characters back then. For instance Juggernaut and Sandman have the same surname and they are not related, Lucifer, the character that battled Xavier resulting in him being crippled looks very similar in design to Magneto.

#5 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: @scouts1998:

This is gonna be a HUGE movie... not only are we dealing with a big story: Days of Future Past, we're gonna be getting Sentinels, Bolivar Trask, and William Stryker. Plus all of the X-Men: Wolverine, Kitty, Rogue, Iceman, Storm, Colossus, old Prof. X and young Prof. X, old Magneto and young Magneto, Mystique, Beast, Bishop, Blink, Sunspot, Quicksilver, Havok, and Warpath. Plus Wolverine is the one to go back in time... I'm still dizzy. And did anyone get a look at the Sentinels design? They're pulling out all the stops. Maybe a bit too much.

#6 Edited by BaBaBoom (274 posts) - - Show Bio

After watching Pacific Rim, my expectation for seeing giant robot rose extremely high.

#7 Posted by cattlebattle (12586 posts) - - Show Bio

This is gonna be a HUGE movie... not only are we dealing with a big story: Days of Future Past, we're gonna be getting Sentinels, Bolivar Trask, and William Stryker. Plus all of the X-Men: Wolverine, Kitty, Rogue, Iceman, Storm, Colossus, old Prof. X and young Prof. X, old Magneto and young Magneto, Mystique, Beast, Bishop, Blink, Sunspot, Quicksilver, Havok, and Warpath. Plus Wolverine is the one to go back in time... I'm still dizzy. And did anyone get a look at the Sentinels design? They're pulling out all the stops. Maybe a bit too much.

I know...I am pumped. Although I am expecting about 80% of the characters named to be in this movie will just be a two second cameo. The primary focus will most definitely be on Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine and Trask. I am expecting something crazy to happen in the end of the film to open the doors to make more X-Men movies spin offs. It seems like after the Avengers made a bagazillion dollars everyone is pulling out every stop with their comic properties to cash in.

#8 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4272 posts) - - Show Bio

Shouldn't propaganda posters be making the mutants look scary, rather than the Sentinels?

Why wouldn't they want to present the Sentinels as, if not heroic, at least not creepy as hell?

I smell a ham fist.

#9 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

I know...I am pumped. Although I am expecting about 80% of the characters named to be in this movie will just be a two second cameo. The primary focus will most definitely be on Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine and Trask. I am expecting something crazy to happen in the end of the film to open the doors to make more X-Men movies spin offs. It seems like after the Avengers made a bagazillion dollars everyone is pulling out every stop with their comic properties to cash in.

I agree with what you're saying... I'm excited for the obscure characters (Blink, Sunspot, and Warpath) to bust in and have a cool kick-@ss scene or two.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.