Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Training the o5

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So jean gets specialized training. How come the other members of the O5 doesn't have this? Bobby is an omega too. angel and beast are not powerful, they are the ones who need more training. why did emma try to teach jean tk when she doesnt have this power. at least on the level that jean has.

In Axis, jean was on storm's team, do you think, storm is now the one training jean after the disbanding of the uncanny group?

I just remember, it was the other way around before. Jean was the one training storm when storm was became teenager again...Jean was in x-factor then. This was during x-tinction agenda

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

One word:

Bendis

Plus I think everyone is more scared of a Phoenix Jean...

I mean Iceman's potential was said that he could cause another Ice Age on Earth... Phoenix can destroy the universe...

Yes an ice age is bad but what's bigger...

The end of the world or the end of the universe???

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes Jean gets specialized training. As if she wasn't ridiculous enough by coming insanely close to her older selfs level of both Power AND aptitude with her abilities at the age of 16, the chick gained an all new never before seen ability that amplifies her abilities to an unknown level.

Now i could complain about how it seems like Bendis watched an Episode of Ben 10 and decided Gwen was the perfect basis for Teen Jean's power growth... or I could complain about how illogical and idiotic it is that Jean and Iceman have essentially jumped to the end of their characters power growth despite being a fraction of their 616 ages.

BUT for the purpose of answering the question,lets just accept this as fact and see it this way: In less then a year Jean has gone from her normal 16 year old levels to somewhere around the beginnings of Morrison's Jean, she has unlocked abilities that were historically off limits, beaten powerful psychics without training and trashed freaking Gladiator....and to the characters the only thing that's changed is that Xavier wasn't around for a few months (ignoring the fact that she was pulling some of this crap within minutes of leaving him). If i was an X-Man I'd get her a tutor in everything from TP to tap dancing because the crap she's pulling is far beyond Iceboy and his BS

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The writers also forgot that bobby used to have an inhibitor belt to help him control his powers. at this age, he should still be struggling with the use of his powers, right?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: Yea....Bobby controlled an army of small Ice Hulks...no explanation, no training and i'm pretty sure there was no evidence that he'd seen more then one of those things. And yet the defenders of All New shout "But he's an Omega!" like that means jacksh*t when we've established many times over that it doesn't mean you can do something without learning how.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

I think Jean, Bobby, and Cyclops should have all gotten specialized training TBQH, though the importance of who gets priority should roughly follow that order (Jean - potential reality buster; Bobby - potential global buster; Cyclops - potential city buster). I'm not really sure you can rank what's worse in Jean and Bobby's case - they represent similar threats to human existence. The only difference is that a random alien race wants to wipe out Earth in order to get to Jean. Bobby doesn't have that hanging over his head. Personally, I think there is potential in the idea that Earth's superheroes and leaders may need to decide if having access to Shi'Ar technology would be worth getting rid of one of their own citizens who has the potential to conquer the Shi'Ar for them. But that is super interestingly in the sci-fi direction, and the writers seem content to hand out powerups and reasons for angst instead.

Angel and Beasts' powers have more to do with physical skill, so they should be training with senior members with similar powersets. Less need for them to learn to control their powers.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should join the Avengers, Inhumans or SHIELD. They'll get good training there.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: well, old bobby didn't train to do the ice clones, he just thought of it. he just pushed himself to do it because there was a need for it. But he is already on a level where he is already comfortable with his powers. teen bobby should still be struggling in keeping control over his powers.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By HAWK2916

They should have stayed in the past and shouldn't even be in the present.

Or if we must have the time-travel then it should have been done better and from a less petty perspective in Beast case. Seeing the heavy focus in Jean, then maybe she should have been the only one brought back because Hank in someway divulged what her future would be.

As for training. I would say that since Hank brought them to the present then he should have taken up training them. Or Magneto could have hijacked the process. If not wither of them I would have liked to see things be more tragic in that the O5 somehow are taken and turned into Apocalyspe' new horsemen. Could be an interesting dilemma to know that you need to kill these guys but if you do you wipe yourself from existence.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i can't believe that they just simply gave up on sending the o5 back just because the time cube didnt work. they had 3 time travelers, wccan, tempus and magik.

with psychic vampire jean trained by emma, if ever the o5 gets sent back to the past, would jean stand a chance of not letting prof x mindwipe them of their memories?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: Well the thing about Bobby is that he didn't do it until he had a massive power boost/existential crisis that lead to him fighting and manifesting multiple versions of himself while his consciousness was spread around the world. And even that is after we'd watch him struggle to learn to do different aspects of reforming, purifying and creating variations of his powerset...at several points even being stuck near death because of a lack knowledge on how to control his forms.

Teen Bobby saw someone else do something similar...nothing else. And anything more on the subject is speculation. To me that just seems like bad writing that Teen Bobby is controlling an army of SnowHulks to act and move individually(which is beyond multitasking) when prior to that he was throwing snowballs. Omega =/= instant expert

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i can't believe that they just simply gave up on sending the o5 back just because the time cube didnt work. they had 3 time travelers, wccan, tempus and magik.

with psychic vampire jean trained by emma, if ever the o5 gets sent back to the past, would jean stand a chance of not letting prof x mindwipe them of their memories?

in BOTA, teen jean told teen scott that "she couldnt beat xavier now without more training" and that she doesnt want to get her mind wipe but of course it was never brought up again

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

[…]

In my opinion or Marvel used the time travel of the Original 5 in order to reboot totally or partially the history of the X-Men (like it did with "One more day"), or Marvel should have leave the Original 5 in the past.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

@hawk2916 said:

[…]

In my opinion or Marvel used the time travel of the Original 5 in order to reboot totally or partially the history of the X-Men (like it did with "One more day"), or Marvel should have leave the Original 5 in the past.

eh? its just fun to have the o5 here and its marvel's way of having a "fresh-face" jea around instead of getting bothered with "when is adult-jean coming back

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By EC2277

@hopesummersforthefuture: Yes, I might agree if the plot of All New X-Men was better developed. But in my opinion Bendis could do more and better, with all what is happened, but in the end it did not happen nothing really significant.

Maybe my expectations was too great and so now I'm disappointed, because I thought with all what it happened, All New X-Men could be a perfect starting point for a great saga, even bigger than "Days of future past". Instead Bendis have written some funny stories, with some storylack.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.