Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Top 5 Favourite X-Men

• 70 results
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By John Valentine
    1. Iceman
    2. Magneto
    3. Cyclops
    4. Hellion
    5. Nightcrawler
    galeme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm a new reader of x-men so for now; Wolverine, Cable, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Emma Frost.

Laura_Kinney23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

1. X-23 -Her story is so raw and intense (Go read NYX if you don't believe me). Really like the relationship she formed with Logan.

2. Jean Grey

3. Rogue

4. Wolverine - Have loved him since I was a child. Also, one of my first comic book crushes (I have no shame in admitting to this).

5. Storm

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

1. Colossus

2. Kitty Pryde

3. Nightcrawler

4. Storm

5. Wolverine

These haven't changed for years.

macyordie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lodestar:

1. Kitty Pryde

2. Wolverine

3. Colossus

4. Rogue

5. Gambit

andersonhoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Storm

2. Emma Frost

3. Colossus

4. Nightcrwler

5. Cyclops/Gambit

Shadowcat17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Kitty Pryde

2. Wolverine

3. Rogue

4. Gambit

5. Psylocke

BRAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1.Bishop

2.Colossus

3.Havok

4.Wolverine

5.Beast

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
    deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

1. Cyclops
    2. Emma Frost
    3. Wolverine
    4. Jean Grey
    5. Rogue
    Mimepool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Cyclops

2. Magik

3. Magneto

4. Shadowcat

5. Wolverine

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Cyclops

2. Emma

3. Magik (newcomer to my list)

4. X-23

5. Magneto

Beast and Wolverine actually both used to be on my list....but Wolverine overexposure dropped him a few places, and Beast dropped heavily over the years. Magik on the otherhand has shot up my list very quickly.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#62 god_spawn  Moderator
    1. Cyclops
    2. Emma Frost
    3. Wolverine
    4. Gambit
    5. Psylocke
    Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

X-MEN and Mutantkind

1. Wolverine
    The Ol' Canuckle head is my favorite mutant period. His attitude,healing factor, claws,and heightened senses all pretty bad ass. But it isn't just his power set and attitude that I like, Logan is a character with a lot of depth. he is a former soilder, spy, and samurai. he is a killer trying to be an ideal role model for younger mutants, A hero trying to defend those who hate him, A Teacher/headmaster, An Avenger, and an X-Man. For a while there Logan could not remember most of his past until House of M, now he tries to cope with his long and violent past. Logan is the best he is at what he does......but what he does isn't very nice.
    2. Magneto
    Eric Magnus, the Master of Magnetism was once known as the the X-Men's biggest nemesis and feared mutant terrorist. He was on Cyclops' team of X-Men aiding with his revolution and still as a feared mutant terrorist. Magneto is my favorite villain of all time. Magneto controls the electromagnetic spectrum and has constantly fought off teams of X-men and Avengers.These days his powers are broken, but in time Magneto shall return to his former glory. Former leader of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, and Leader of Genosha, he now works on his own punishing those who have committed crimes against Mutantkind.
    3. X-23
    Laura, the clone of Wolverine.
    4. Namor
    Original Defender,Invader, and X-Man, Namor the submariner is known as the world's first mutant. He is the King of Atlantis and an ally of the X-men,at one point being part of Cyclops' extinction team. This Illuminati member is Arrogant and Belligerent and will do whatever is necessary to defend his kingdom.
    5. Scarlet Witch
    Wanda Maximoff is a mutant who's power set includes the control of various hexes and reality altering powers. She isn't an X-man, in fact most X-men don't like her as she was responsible for the near extinction of mutantkind with three words. "No more mutants". She is a long time Avenger and is currently on the unity team to help mend human/mutant relations.
    6. Deadpool
    Wade Wilson is the chimichanga eatin' man!!!! A healing factor that is better than Logan's and an array of weapons in which he specializes in make the merc with the mouth a top mercenary in the MU. Deadpool isn't a Mutant, in fact he is a mutate. While not part of the X-men, he does team up with them from time to time and was a part of Cable's and Wolverine's X-Force.
    8. Professor X
    Charles Xavier founder of the Xavier school for mutants put the X-men together to protect a world that hates and fears them. While his intentions were good, he isn't completely clean of conscience. As a part of the Illuminati he has had to make some hard decisions. He recently met his fate at the hands of his prodigal "son" Cyclops.
    9. Legion
    The most powerful mutant in the world, Professor X's son, Legion. He doesn't like to be called that, but he is because he has pretty much any super power we can think of. He is a bit unstable and working on getting all those personalities in his head straight. He is currently fulfilling his father's dream of harmony between mutants and humans his own way.
    10. Jean Grey
    Jean Grey, Marvel Girl, The Pheonix. Jean was the most powerful telepath on the planet who lost control of the cosmic entity known as the Pheonix and gave up her life to save the world. Deceasd wife of Cyclops and love of Wolverine she is probably the most Iconic women in X history.
    11. Storm
    Bad ass who controls the weather. In her country she is known as a goddess, she is powerful and noble. Currently Storm is the headmistress at the Jean Grey School for higher learning.
    13. Cyclops
    This list would not be complete without the leader of (at least half)the X-men. I did not like this character for a long time, he was boring and by the book but he has grown on me. I love his pro mutant attitude and h reminds me of Eric in his not so crazy bd guy days.
    14. Quentin Quire
    An omega level telepath who is a student at Wolverine's school.
    7. Cable
    Omega level telekinetic mutant from the future. Son of Cyclops, adopted father of Hope Summers this guy is a true bad ass. Forming X-force to prevent the future he is from.
    12. Sabretooth
    Logan's arch nemesis equipped with a very similar power set as Wolverine, Victor Creed is an absolute monster. He and Logan have a very long past and throughout the years have had some pretty awesome/brutal fights. Creed loves to hurt people and is an example of giving in to your feral animal side, he is a reminder to Logan of what he can become.
    15. Nightcrawler
    I love this demon tailed teleporting mutant. The religious german who was a beloved X-man with love towards everyone and had a meaningful death. I want him back already, he has been dead long enough!...............................We got him back!!!!
    16. Rogue
    the southern bell of the X-Men, Rogue started off with Mag's Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Eventually joining the X-men and being watched over by Wolverine, she became a valuable ally. Her mutant abilities are being able to copy someones power through direct contact.
    17. Daken
    Son of Wolverine, Daken has the same power set of his father. Healing factor and six claws. The Dark Wolverine grew up hating his father thanks to Romulus. Not an X-Man but he is a mutant and when written well one of my favorite villains. He recently met his end by his father's hands by being drowned in a puddle.
    18. Colossus
    The brick of the X-men at one point part of cyclops' extinction team. Colossus is a peaceful artist who packs a mean punch.Currently he is on the run with Cable's X-Force trying to save the world, only problem is they look like terrorists doing so.
    19. Domino
    Neena's mutant power is to manipulate probability. She is also a skilled h2h combatant and skilled marksman. She has a long history with the X-men, being a part of both Cable's and Logan's X-force, Cable's new mutants and his current X-force squad.
    20. Gambit
    At one point in time I wanted to be like Gambit. He is suave, smooth, and cool. The New Orleans thief who ended up being a whole lot more than that: a Hero. His super agility and telekinetic concussive blasts make him a force to be reckoned with.
    DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By DarkDay

1. Gambit - What can I say about Gambit except that he was my comics childhood. I became a fan with the animated series and then got really into the comics before going back to the origins of the series. All of that exposed me to a lot of characters and those vast amount of characters in turn led to some of the others on this list. But Gambit was the first X-Man I really took an interest in and I remember things..."Man that guy is cool." It was probably everything about him, from the accent to the attitude and onward to his mutant power and slick fighting style. When I was a little older, I began to love him even more for his dark past and determination to redeem himself.

2. Nightcrawler- Kurt is brilliant. As an idea I realize that he is just an incarnation of the saying that beauty is only skin deep and taking things that thematically seem to be opposites and combining them into a character to positive effect. But even so I love him so. Once again the animated series strikes here. I am a Christian and I remember being intrigued as a kid that there was a character that openly believed as I believed and it was even more interesting when he wasn't pushy or boisterous, but rather that he was serene and empathetic. The best thing ever was him talking to Wolverine about God and how even though Wolverine was obviously angry, dangerous, and maybe even a bit guilty about life, it seems that Kurt comforted him. That is what my faith has always been about to me, comforting people, doing right by them and Kurt was me seeing this in character form. Add a dash of comics Kurt and he becomes even more awesome because Kurt still believes in God and his power to touch people's lives, but he also believes in fun and making people smiling and being a bit of the clown if only so that he can bring joy to people's lives. If I could be like any X-Character I'd be like Kurt and it has nothing to do with his powers.

3. Rogue- Rogue was a bruiser. I'm not sure kid me could wrap his head around that. But it doesn't matter because that was still the most awesome thing ever. She was this strong sassy girl that didn't take anything from anybody and yet remained likable and admirable. Of course even as a kid I thought it pretty tragic that for all the great things about her and her powers, the things she wanted the most she couldn't have. Holding someone's hand...not for you. Kissing the person you love...sorry, all out of that.

4. Cyclops- Cyke I always kind of identified with. He just wants to do right by his father (I know I have the father issues) and he just wants to do right by his friends. Everyone wants to protect the things they love and all of us have to decide how far we're willing to go. I find it interesting how so many people think they changed Cyclops so much and yet he seems pretty much the same. He didn't have to worry about how far to go once upon a time true, but I feel that he has always at his core been about doing his best for everyone. He hasn't always been the leader, but he's always sort of been everyone's big brother.

5. Emma Frost- Emma I really got to like after her and Cyke's psychic affair. I find it pretty funny that Cyke doesn't want to think of it as cheating, but I for one have never actually been particularly angry with either of them beyond the fact that I think Cyclops just should have been honest with Jean and they probably should have ended it (I'm sorry everyone that loves Scott/Jean). For me, Emma basically completes Scott in a way that he couldn't have had with Jean. For him that was like standing too close to the sun. Jean just sort of burned everything around them without even trying. Also no that isn't a criticism on the character of Jean Grey, but rather my feeling on their relationship dynamic for way too much of modern comics.

Emma is without a doubt interesting to me because of her relationship with Scott, but I'll admit that even without that relationship I find her interesting in a lot of different ways. Emma is basically the less idealistic voice that the X-Men have always needed. She is a realist, though she obviously understands the need for hope and idealism. In my mind she is what Magneto would have been to Charles if the two had seen eye to eye ideologically and joined forces. Is she cynical? Maybe. But she also understands the less touted virtues of humanity and plans around what people are as opposed to what someone would have them be. On top of that Emma is strong willed, clever, brilliant, can be hilariously snarky, and her personality type compliments and contrasts most of her colleagues in interesting ways. Her morality and ethics while often criticized, I find interesting, and despite all the former villain shaming that she gets I find more and more that I feel like her heart is almost always in the right place.

Pikachunicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was thinking about this yesterday! xD

1) Scott Summers/Cyclops. Of course. The original X-Man. My main man of Marvel.

2) Warren Worthington III/Angel. I just love his personality.

3) Laura Kinney/X-23. A great, female character that kicks ass and is hot as hell? YES!

4) Josh Foley/Elixir. His powers are just the greatest. And his character development was spectacular. I miss him. Where'd he go after he killed Wither? :(

5) Julian Keller/Hellion. He just has a great attitude. And I have a thing for telekinetics. xD

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkday: love your Emma comments. Agreed completely!!!

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilsgrin81: Thanks. :) Emma makes me want to have more people join the team that aren't exactly in line with what is expected of Xavier's dream. There is a lot of middle ground between Xavier and Magneto and I for one would love to explore that more in the comics. Well that and more mutants along the lines of the kids of NYX that might as well live in a different world than the politically charged X-Men.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@devilsgrin81: I figured since I have an X-men list already I'd import instead of listing my top 5

selras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/selras/lists/my-favorite-x-men/52830/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.