Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Top 4 experimental ideas on how mutants can be more accepted

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By x_29

The X-men serve to protect a world that hates and fears them for the hope that one day mutants and humans can live in harmony. However, it seems that just protecting people is not enough. Granted, there are some humans who are on mutankind's side and are grateful, but there are a whole lot of people who are not. There needs to be some additional approaches for the dream to become a reality. Do you have any ideas that might help make the human population more acceptable to mutants? For example; I would have the x-men be more obliged to help other minorities who face discrimination such as gays, blacks, Jews, Muslims and etc. Standing up for them and befriending their respective communities as equal as the mutant community will probably put or begin to put the mutant race in a more positive light.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Blood1991

Use the power of the internet and broadcasting. People are afraid of what they don't understand, so offer them a chance too. Over time I would hope people will realize they aren't that different. Though it seems like mutants have tried just about everything.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By papad1992

Run for President... if Obama can do it why not a mutant X-Man!?

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Blood1991

@papad1992 said:

I'm not sure if a political party would accept them, and without the Democrat or Republican label a candidate has no chance at president and even if they did an entirely human electoral college probably wouldn't vote for them.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By papad1992

@Blood1991 said:

@papad1992 said:

I'm not sure if a political party would accept them, and without the Democrat or Republican label a candidate has no chance at president and even if they did an entirely human electoral college probably wouldn't vote for them.

It was a joke... Maybe I should have finished off my statement with a "LMAO" or a "lol."

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Blood1991

@papad1992 said:

@Blood1991 said:

@papad1992 said:

It was a joke... Maybe I should have finished off my statement with a "LMAO" or a "lol."

Lol yeah, my bad I have a hard time with sarcasm over the internet.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By papad1992

@Blood1991 said:

@papad1992 said:

@Blood1991 said:

@papad1992 said:

I understand... I could smile but highly doubt you cans see it!

Or can you? o_O

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Blood1991

@papad1992 said:

@Blood1991 said:

@papad1992 said:

@Blood1991 said:

@papad1992 said:

I understand... I could smile but highly doubt you cans see it!

Or can you? o_O

If I could I would never tell :p

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@papad1992: @Blood1991:

Actually, these may have been in Alt. Universes but both Kitty Pryde and David Alleyne have proven to be successful (well, David for the most part) presidents of the United States, somewhere along the way.

So it could happen. And it'd be Kitty.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#10  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I dont really want the X-Men to be more accepted, its what makes them diffrent

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By papad1992

@AgeofHurricane said:

@papad1992: @Blood1991:

Actually, these may have been in Alt. Universes but both Kitty Pryde and David Alleyne have proven to be successful (well, David for the most part) presidents of the United States, somewhere along the way.

So it could happen. And it'd be Kitty.

I remember when Prodigy became president... but not Kitty!

Academy X
    Academy X
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@papad1992: Yeah, i'd like to think it was a good run.

Kitty was president in X-Men The End, if i recall correctly.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By papad1992

@AgeofHurricane said:

Really? She'd make a great president. Never read X-Men: The End!

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#14  Edited By TheCannon

Have Professor X kill every human on Earth. Then mutants kill be accepted.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By fodigg

Join the military. No seriously. The military has been a one of the most powerful forces for social integration, despite various setbacks on these issues, such as DADT. If Scott Summers had signed up and served with distinction instead of creating his own teenage paramilitary organization, that probably would've meant more in the long run.

Although I supposed the in-continuity argument against that are examples like the Weapon X program where joining up means being covered up and possibly experimented on.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Crash_Recovery

I'm going to go with "blow stuff up less".

But seriously, mutants will gain acceptance the same way every else does, showing that they have the same wants, needs, interests, hobbies, etc as everyone else.

And blowing stuff up less.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Blood1991

@papad1992 said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Really? She'd make a great president. Never read X-Men: The End!

me neither she would make a kick ass president

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By krspaceT

Send the mutants to destroy the worlds religious symbols

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#19  Edited By McKlayn

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I dont really want the X-Men to be more accepted, its what makes them diffrent

I totally agree with this guy, but back on subject my suggestion would be doing more stuff like X factor, all through out history Xavier has preached living WITH humans, but yet they always Isolate themselves, even his school was hidden and only accepted other mutants (yes i know it eventually got outed but for the most part) so actually doing normal stuff instead of being super heroes. Going out joining, military, police forces, Cannonball once in Xtreme X men left his place in the X men temp to help some guys clear out a tunnel that had caved in. Everyone loved him (but hated mutants) at the end he had to out himself ot save some one and they were ok with it. YOu need to get people to like indivuals so they have something to relate to, and not just the fear that people like magneto have generated over the years

Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Nightwing4

Realistically? Well how did African Americans get accepted into Western Culture? Professor X = MLK Magneto= Malcolm X

nerd217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By nerd217

1 Become a gospel choir and make some deep, meaningful songs.

2 Go around half-naked ( Emma Frost must have the same idea) and preach peaceful co-existence whilst fasting.

3 Take over the world.

4 Get everyone to hate someone else, like Estate Agents or Scottish people (Joking. Love Scottish people! Not Estate Agents though).

BuffaloBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BuffaloBob

@Crash_Recovery said:

I'm going to go with "blow stuff up less".

But seriously, mutants will gain acceptance the same way every else does, showing that they have the same wants, needs, interests, hobbies, etc as everyone else.

And blowing stuff up less.

Definitely this XD

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Use Their Powers for the Good of Other People

Most superhuman powers serve no practical purpose, but there are mutants who could use their powers to benefit humankind and the Earth as a whole. Ororo, for example, could help reforest the Amazon by providing rain, increase the yield growing seasons in starving parts of the world and work with scientists to study reinvigorating the atmosphere - instead, she throws lightning bolts at crooks. Jean could use her telepathy and empathy to help mentally ill patients recover, use her telekinesis in concert with doctors to fix severe trauma, such as broken backs, fractured legs or splintered spines, or even remove pollution from bodies of water and soil - but instead she is chasing mad scientists. Logan could be rescuing people lost in extremely hazardous regions, since his regeneration would prevent him from dying, as well as use his claws to remove hazards. While I understand that certain mutants with useful powers are so busy trying to survive that they can't use their powers for the greater good, they would be more accepted if they worked alongside groups such as the Fantastic Four/Future Foundation, Doctor's Without Borders and even local community outreach efforts instead of spending their time moaning about their existence. If they were less selfish and tried to do something besides defend themselves or fight crime, I think it would be harder for governments to convince the population that they are a threat.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By SupremeHyperion

I never understood the whole mutants being hated more than other heroes? if anything resentment would come to both from the masses? in my mind metas and mutants are the same yet for some reason get it so bad? they should just be like hey look at those god/metas/techo-powerd guys they are like us (and then everyone will be hated equally the way it should be. (maybe the mutants just take it more personally too?) Has cyclops really had it that bad? free schooling, shoots lazers from his eyes, gets multiple cool looking outfits for free, has a kick ass jet, and sleeps with all the cute girls at his school.... oh gawd the horror?

I mean ya they keep it going to push the whole equality/discrimination angle but in all honesty it would have gotten better for them after people saw them do the good things they do. there is no difference if a mutant were to kill someone or a normal human. i'm over this whole storyline.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SupremeHyperion said:

I never understood the whole mutants being hated more than other heroes? if anything resentment would come to both from the masses? in my mind metas and mutants are the same yet for some reason get it so bad? they should just be like hey look at those god/metas/techo-powerd guys they are like us (and then everyone will be hated equally the way it should be. (maybe the mutants just take it more personally too?) Has cyclops really had it that bad? free schooling, shoots lazers from his eyes, gets multiple cool looking outfits for free, has a kick ass jet, and sleeps with all the cute girls at his school.... oh gawd the horror?

I mean ya they keep it going to push the whole equality/discrimination angle but in all honesty it would have gotten better for them after people saw them do the good things they do. there is no difference if a mutant were to kill someone or a normal human. i'm over this whole storyline.

Yep. Sick of it, too. Honestly, I think they should stick with exploring racial and sexual discrimination because the whole 'mutants are hated and feared' thing has been played out since the '70s. After a bunch of superheroes and supervillains started appearing, it made sense to persecute a minority of another minority population the majority of whom don't seek out their powers or desire power to lord over other people.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Crimsonlord53

X men legacy got it right with rogue helping to save the people trapped in the subway after dark phoenix attacked. So took the knowledge of the first responders to make sure she could help.

Things like that could go a long way to helping.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By Rumble Man

Problem is that series run on angst and current 'relevant' social issues

Or create world war 3, win and make new world order to establish a seat like america did after WW2

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.