Thoughts or information on the new xtreme xmen title??

#1 Posted by Ragelantern (50 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm getting kind of tired of marvel making new xmen title all the time and I'm a huge xmen fan!!!

#2 Posted by Ragelantern (50 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw the cover and was kind of thrown for a loop.

#3 Posted by MarvelGrey (243 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to know that too. But from what it looks like it's some of the alternate reality characters that appeared in Astonishing X-men during the 44-47 arc.

The alternates are of Emmaline Frost, James Howlett (who looks very much like Dog) Nightcrawler, and Kitty(Shadow). It's going to be exploring their world and will showcase other alternate reality characters.

#4 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has too many X titles and too many Avengers titles.

#5 Posted by Dman1366 (644 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duke_Nasty said:

seconded this. hopefully AvX takes a lot of those titles away :)

#6 Posted by ExtraLarge (243 posts) - - Show Bio

My secret fantasy is that AvX will kill all but 7 X-Men and all but 7 Avengers so that there can only be 1 team of each. And I don't care which 7. 1 X-Men book. 1 Avengers book. Both published weekly. That's my dream.

#7 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dman1366 said:

@Duke_Nasty said:

seconded this. hopefully AvX takes a lot of those titles away :)

That's what it looks like it shaping up to be

#8 Posted by MarvelGrey (243 posts) - - Show Bio

If titles sell they stay if Avengers is on the title it most likely won't get canned, keep dreaming Marvel loves the money.

As for Extreme X-men there are only 3 titles on Cyclops' side so they need to even it out a bit to 5 each there should be another title too.

#9 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@MarvelGrey said:

I would like to know that too. But from what it looks like it's some of the alternate reality characters that appeared in Astonishing X-men during the 44-47 arc.

The alternates are of Emmaline Frost, James Howlett (who looks very much like Dog) Nightcrawler, and Kitty(Shadow). It's going to be exploring their world and will showcase other alternate reality characters.

And I wonder how Dazzler fits into all of this!?!?

#10 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18855 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men and Avengers are Marvel's like top selling books, and fans eat them up. Admittingly i'm one of them :P Marvel loves money so there will be a crap load of titles for a while.

#11 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that there are too many X-Men titles out there and there's just too much to keep up with.  I wish that Marvel would go back to having only 1 or 2 X-Men books like they did years ago so that way it would be much easier to keep up with all of the characters without having to read over 10 different books to figure out what is going on with each character.

#12 Posted by TDK_1997 (14900 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel can't stop making new X-Men titles and making everybody an Avenger.

#13 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

I agree that there are too many X-Men titles out there and there's just too much to keep up with. I wish that Marvel would go back to having only 1 or 2 X-Men books like they did years ago so that way it would be much easier to keep up with all of the characters without having to read over 10 different books to figure out what is going on with each character.

It's virtually impossible to tell the stories of 40'something characters in only 1 or 2 books. Writers of today are incapable of even handling a roster of 6 characters while giving each character panel time and good character developments, that's just the way is it. As far as I'm concerned, Peter David's probably the exception.

#14 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

I agree that there are too many X-Men titles out there and there's just too much to keep up with. I wish that Marvel would go back to having only 1 or 2 X-Men books like they did years ago so that way it would be much easier to keep up with all of the characters without having to read over 10 different books to figure out what is going on with each character.

It's virtually impossible to tell the stories of 40'something characters in only 1 or 2 books. Writers of today are incapable of even handling a roster of 6 characters while giving each character panel time and good character developments, that's just the way is it. As far as I'm concerned, Peter David's probably the exception.

I agree. I think Peter David did a brilliant job at trying to focus on all the characters instead of focusing too much attention on one character.
#15 Posted by MarvelGrey (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@MarvelGrey said:

Yeah I wasn't sure if she was still apart of the title so i left her out of the cast of characters. Now the first thing that I said when I saw Nightcrawler was why do they need to keep giving me alternate Kurt I like the original, and why does the Xmen Evolution Kurt end up in comics.

#16 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@MarvelGrey said:

@papad1992 said:

@MarvelGrey said:

Yeah I wasn't sure if she was still apart of the title so i left her out of the cast of characters. Now the first thing that I said when I saw Nightcrawler was why do they need to keep giving me alternate Kurt I like the original, and why does the Xmen Evolution Kurt end up in comics.

Dazzler isn't a character particularly to go on alternate adventures but I'm open minded! And as for X-Men Evolution Kurt... maybe it's just a coincidence!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.