Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

thoughts on x-men 17

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i just read. quite late already. I hate how it ended. I was hoping for ACTION! Anticipated people getting injured and death on both sides. Was hoping to see more of kymera's powers if she still have anything to show. We haven't really seen her powers yet. I think FUTURE and his men were not really explained. Before, I was left to thinking if they are mutants, inhumans or what? They really move fast and they are invulnerable in some levels and evidently stronger than normal human beings.

I love the new relationship the x-men have now. Rachel and storm being chummies, totally supporting each other, even showing concern for each other. M saying i love you to jubes.

So, where will kymera's drama lead her? Why didn't she go home yet?

About the ART:

NOT BAD.

I must say, RACHEL'S boobs were humongous in this issue.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The preview for the new creative team is quite good

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it...alot actually...but like most of Wood's endings you can't tell if it was rushed because of mandate or because it's his style.

Though I am excited for the new team and Rachel

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@koays said:

I liked it...alot actually...but like most of Wood's endings you can't tell if it was rushed because of mandate or because it's his style.

Though I am excited for the new team and Rachel

I felt about the same, but I'm really thinking it's just his style to be anticlimactic, rushed or no. He just doesn't do endings..

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Koays

@oldnightcrawler: yea, idk the way I thought about it his Arkea arc (the first one) wasn't as bad for an ending. But I can't really remember another example where the book wasn't about to get canceled or go into an event.. where he pulled a half ass ending.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@koays said:

@oldnightcrawler: yea, idk the way I thought about it his Arkea arc (the first one) wasn't as bad for an ending. But I can't really remember another example where the book wasn't about to get canceled or go into an event.. where he pulled a half ass ending.

mm.. the only things I remember him from before this book were the last volume of X-Men (2010), inwhich he seemed to know the book was getting cancelled, Wolverine and the X-Men: Alpha and Omega, which was a mini, but ended alright, and Ultimate Comics X-Men, which I never finished reading.. not that I blame him for only being able to get 9 good issues out of 17 with the way he was screwed around on this book, but I can't think of a particularly satisfying ending he's done either..

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This is what happens when arcs are just drawn out too long. Even with the anti-climactic endings, Wood still has some decent stories but seriously does he just run out of ideas or is editorial really sticking it to this guy. I still think he might have felt like "the hell with it" when his cast raided and he lost Rogue and Kitty.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

arkea and future story arcs were a major let down. it had a really fun and exciting start and when you think everything's about to have more action, tadaaaaa, there's world peace! no more fighting, no more violence. BOOO! LOL

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: I almost want to say that he likes to wrap things up tightly when he's done but pretty much every arc in this volume of X-men has had something big carry over to the next and the Future's arc was great because of how Shogo's mystery floated around for a while. Either that or he doesn't like big battles....though I think the Jubilee and kids vs Sentinels part of the Arkea arc disproves that. He's not consistent with how he under delivers either. ery arc in this volume of X-men has had something big carry over to the next and the Future's arc was great because of how Shogo's mystery floated around for a while. Either that or he doesn't like big battles....though I think the Jubilee and kids vs Sentinels part of the Arkea arc disproves that. He's not even consistent with how he under delivers either.

It is kind of funny though that he has some of the best start -> middle storylines and yet it's usually during the really exciting middle parts (multiple factions in Ultimate X-men, Selene and Maddie about to return, Storm's team fight the government for new mutants) that it's announced th run is over. Like they'd have to have made that decision before the let down ending had even started.

Flavalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree. I think they were quite good. If only Pixie was involved.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.