Thoughts on Dani Moonstar?

#1 Posted by HAWK2916 (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Dani's currently in Fearless Defenders which is a decent book but part of me just feels like she should be back in the X-books. Maybe its just me being nostalgic and thinking of the old New Mutant days but her and Cannonball were built up to be like the new Cyclops and Storm IMO and its kinda crazy that both are in other books.

That said when I think about teams it seems a bit hard to find the right fit for her. It seems like it would be a decent fit it in one of the X-force books. Putting her on Storm's team would be cool too. Scott seemed to place a lot of trust and confidence in her and I still remember him wanting to help her with whatever her Boon was from her deal with Hela.

By the way I really get sick and tired of strong characters from the Xmen being taken away to other books in the marvel u. I know everyone may not share that sentiment but Im not a fan of all the mixing and matching with other superhero teams nor am I cool with Xmen always joining the Avengers.

That being said, where would be the best fit for Dani? Of course that is besides being in Defenders.

#2 Edited by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

In a perfect world, the X-Men would have evolved and changed over the past twenty years, I mean they have a little bit, but not much, one of the reasons why writers have difficulty executing good stories is because all the current X-Men, Cyclops, Storm Wolverine, Colossus, have all been through the ringer and back already, IMO. Characters should have grown up, retired, died and stayed dead and so on and Cannonball and Moonstar should be co leaders of the X-Men instead of all the redundancy we get these days. I guess people just hate/fear change

#3 Posted by JROCK72 (412 posts) - - Show Bio

I never really liked Dani Moonstar. I wouldn't really mind if she was killed off or not.

#4 Posted by chem86 (367 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't check out defenders at all, but I too love the nostalgic feel of Dani with the new mutants or the x-force. New mutants and x-force is where I learned to love moonstar She was different in both new mutants and x-force but both felt like good fits for her. Really new mutants and x-force are almost he same thing anyway, since one stemmed from the other directly. Moonstar should make her way into cable xforce, that'd be awesome to see again!

#5 Edited by Silver_Raven (351 posts) - - Show Bio

I was really excited for Fearless Defenders and Dani's inclusion in it. But i feel like she has been used just to draw attention to that team and is not being given her due there. She is just a supporting character and hasn't had much development. Hopefully things can change there before the book is at risk to get canceled.

But i don't see why she can't also join another team. I don't know exactly where the FD team is set, but i can see her either joining the Jean Grey School and being a mentor/teacher she was during the Academy X years. Or she might work over on Uncanny but i doubt Bendis would know what to do with her. I can see Cyclops asking her to help like when he asked Storm to join the Extinction team. But since she's still depowered it might cause conflict among the team.

I just don't want her to regress to the New Mutant/X-Force teams because that doesn't help her move beyond that.

#6 Posted by UltimateJonathan (107 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Dani, but Fearless Defenders is a boring book.

#7 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't even read FD, but i've heard a lot about the malcontent in regards to Dani. In perfect world, she'd be with Storm's team, possibly co-leading.

Or just, you know, bring back the Academy X days.

#8 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

@chem86 said:

I haven't check out defenders at all, but I too love the nostalgic feel of Dani with the new mutants or the x-force. New mutants and x-force is where I learned to love moonstar She was different in both new mutants and x-force but both felt like good fits for her. Really new mutants and x-force are almost he same thing anyway, since one stemmed from the other directly. Moonstar should make her way into cable xforce, that'd be awesome to see again!

This is also correct.

#9 Posted by Diamondlifer1 (128 posts) - - Show Bio

She should join Scott

#10 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock72 said:

I never really liked Dani Moonstar. I wouldn't really mind if she was killed off or not.

EXCUSE ME!? She's one of the X-Men's greatest characters... built on strength, leadership, wit, and power!

In a perfect world, the X-Men would have evolved and changed over the past twenty years, I mean they have a little bit, but not much, one of the reasons why writers have difficulty executing good stories is because all the current X-Men, Cyclops, Storm Wolverine, Colossus, have all been through the ringer and back already, IMO. Characters should have grown up, retired, died and stayed dead and so on and Cannonball and Moonstar should be co leaders of the X-Men instead of all the redundancy we get these days. I guess people just hate/fear change

I liked it when the New Mutants were being analyzed by Cyclops as to who would be the next leader of the X-Men. He was torn between Moonstar, Cannonball, and Karma. But Moonstar and Cannonball have always been my favorite paining. Not romantically but strategically as leaders. Dani was also great as an adviser/staff member leading the X-students... Fearless Defenders is lack-lusting and only used Dani to rehash an old concept. I am a HUGE Dani Moonstar fan (as most can tell)!!

#11 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4583 posts) - - Show Bio

@emequious_swerve said:

Yeah, sort of.. but does it really make sense to have characters in their 30's, like Cyclops and Storm, retire? Cable's gotta be way older than that, and no one seems to think he should retire.

I do agree that both Cannonball and Moonstar should have more prominent roles in the X-verse, I even think they should have their own team. Arguably, they should be in charge of X-force, since that's more the team they built (as an adult extension of the New Mutants); it belongs more to them than they belong to the X-men, if you see what I mean.

And I'd have no problem seeing them just lead the X-men either, that would make just as much sense; but Storm or Cyclops retiring to make that happen still doesn't make sense, not now. Maybe if Cyclops had retired in the 80's, as intended, Cannonball would have taken over Storm's role in the X-men when she got married, and Dani would have taken over the school, and that would make sense. But that's not what happened. And as a fan of both Storm and Cyclops, I don't mind that that's not what happened. I like that they each have their own different X-men.

Cannonball and Moonstar should have roles on those teams, if not just have their own team as well, or lead X-force. I would find any of those options acceptable. But Cyclops and Storm should be younger than most of the classic marvel heroes (the Avengers, the FF, etc), so it just seems like you'd have to come up with some good reasons to retire both of them.

#12 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@emequious_swerve said:

Yeah, sort of.. but does it really make sense to have characters in their 30's, like Cyclops and Storm, retire? Cable's gotta be way older than that, and no one seems to think he should retire.

I do agree that both Cannonball and Moonstar should have more prominent roles in the X-verse, I even think they should have their own team. Arguably, they should be in charge of X-force, since that's more the team they built (as an adult extension of the New Mutants); it belongs more to them than they belong to the X-men, if you see what I mean.

And I'd have no problem seeing them just lead the X-men either, that would make just as much sense; but Storm or Cyclops retiring to make that happen still doesn't make sense, not now. Maybe if Cyclops had retired in the 80's, as intended, Cannonball would have taken over Storm's role in the X-men when she got married, and Dani would have taken over the school, and that would make sense. But that's not what happened. And as a fan of both Storm and Cyclops, I don't mind that that's not what happened. I like that they each have their own different X-men.

Cannonball and Moonstar should have roles on those teams, if not just have their own team as well, or lead X-force. I would find any of those options acceptable. But Cyclops and Storm should be younger than most of the classic marvel heroes (the Avengers, the FF, etc), so it just seems like you'd have to come up with some good reasons to retire both of them.

Cannonball and Moonstar should start a team with the New X-Men students: Mercury, Dust, Surge, Rockslide, Pixie, Hellion, Gentle, Elixir, Anole, Armor, Indra, and Trance.

#13 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4583 posts) - - Show Bio

Cannonball and Moonstar should start a team with the New X-Men students: Mercury, Dust, Surge, Rockslide, Pixie, Hellion, Gentle, Elixir, Anole, Armor, Indra, and Trance.

sure. Well, half of those characters don't really interest me, but that basic idea would certainly be acceptable.

I'd check it out.

#14 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

sure. Well, half of those characters don't really interest me, but that basic idea would certainly be acceptable.

I'd check it out.

I'm a HUGE New X-Men/Academy X fan! Those characters are the future X-Men imo!

#15 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4583 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

@papad1992 said:

I'd check it out.

yeah, and I'm a huge New X-Men and New X-Men fan, so I feel the same about Quire, Dust, and the Cuckoos.

I love the main cast of New X-Men, but there was a lot of filler characters that did nothing for me.

#16 Edited by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

@papad1992 said:

I'd check it out.

yeah, and I'm a huge New X-Men and New X-Men fan, so I feel the same about Quire, Dust, and the Cuckoos.

I love the main cast of New X-Men, but there was a lot of filler characters that did nothing for me.

Out of the 20 or so students left after M-Day... 12+ were main characters, frequently cast throughout the series, the rest were, like you said, fillers to an extant. Each of those fillers had some time to blossom after the series ended (all but Match).

And New X-Men had more filler background characters than any series of that time (or around that time). Most just appeared to solidify Morrison's concept of mutation, instead of superheroics.

#17 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

Dust and the Cuckoos have long since integrated themselves into Academy X/New-X-Men mythos, so unless it's No-Girl and Ernst, there's not much from Morrison's run to be clamoring for.

#18 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4583 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by JROCK72 (412 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992:

Oh sorry... I should have known not to diss her with you being a user here. And having her as your user icon probably should've given me that hint. :)

#20 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock72 said:

@papad1992:

Oh sorry... I should have known not to diss her with you being a user here. And having her as your user icon probably should've given me that hint. :)

No worries... She's like my all time favorite character! Fearless Defenders is NOT doing her any justice!

#21 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@ageofhurricane: @papad1992:

really? all this love for the New X-Men, and none for Quire?

I don't get it, I just don't.

That series is what brought me back fully to Marvel (before I was half in, half reading DC)... I read Morrison's run sparingly prior, and found that he was an "ok" character. Not too big into telepathic characters (Jean, Rachel, Quire... I'm just not that big of a fan).

#22 Edited by youmessinwithme (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

being with the Defenders just seems to make the most sense to me with her having Valkyrie powers and all.

#23 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4583 posts) - - Show Bio

That series is what brought me back fully to Marvel (before I was half in, half reading DC)... I read Morrison's run sparingly prior, and found that he was an "ok" character. Not too big into telepathic characters (Jean, Rachel, Quire... I'm just not that big of a fan).

haha! not me, I've always loved Quire.

He may not have the most original power (though, it is one of the more interesting, to me), but he's just got so much character and personality. He effects the story, he moves it foreword. I love the New X-men, but except for Hellion, Santo and maybe Pixie, they're just all kind of passive. I like characters that go their own way, that stir the pot and make things happen. And in that regard, he's definitely at the head of the class.

#24 Posted by The Myth (553 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel there should be a New Mutants book that picks up after DnA's run. With Dani Moonstar leading, continuing her relationship with Nate Grey. Show the effects of Sunspot leaving the team has on Magma, and Cypher, Warlock and Blink filling in the roster. Personally I would also add Johnny Gallo (Ricochet) to fill Sunspot's place.

#25 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4583 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_myth said:

I feel there should be a New Mutants book that picks up after DnA's run. With Dani Moonstar leading, continuing her relationship with Nate Grey. Show the effects of Sunspot leaving the team has on Magma, and Cypher, Warlock and Blink filling in the roster. Personally I would also add Johnny Gallo (Ricochet) to fill Sunspot's place.

Considering all of the actual New Mutants are somehow miraculously alive again, it seems like it waters down the concept to have Age of Apocalypse throwbacks like Blink and X-man on the team; why not throw in Richter, Shatterstar, Wolfsbane, or Warpath instead?

#26 Posted by JROCK72 (412 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992:

Fearless Defenders is doing her no justice!

Agreed. I liked her as Valkyrie more a little bit, but like Siryn as Morrigan, I hated it after a while. She needs to pair up with the New Mutants again. Hopeful they will not all be on the Avengers by the time it happens.

#27 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

He may not have the most original power (though, it is one of the more interesting, to me), but he's just got so much character and personality. He effects the story, he moves it foreword. I love the New X-men, but except for Hellion, Santo and maybe Pixie, they're just all kind of passive. I like characters that go their own way, that stir the pot and make things happen. And in that regard, he's definitely at the head of the class.

That's why I loved New X-Men... it was a whole series dedicated to students evolving into independent heroes.

#28 Edited by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock72 said:

@papad1992:

Fearless Defenders is doing her no justice!

Agreed. I liked her as Valkyrie more a little bit, but like Siryn as Morrigan, I hated it after a while. She needs to pair up with the New Mutants again. Hopeful they will not all be on the Avengers by the time it happens.

Siryn/Banshee is a great example of this... the thought of her gaining this g-d-like abilities and omnipotence is exciting and different, but it's boring and tiring after awhile... almost stale. Siryn/Banshee and Moonstar need to move past these personas! Moonstar's Valkyrie persona is much older than Siryn/Banshee's but the thought of a perfectly good character gaining g-d-like powers and vanishing is very disconcerting. Just like how M is joining Wood's X-Men "team"... both Siryn/Banshee and especially Moonstar need to shake things up a bit and do something new. Both M and Siryn/Banshee have been on X-Factor since its inception back in 2006... so they need new re-imagining and re-integration amongst their kind. And Moonstar needs to leave Fearless Defenders and join another group that would actually highlight her leadership skills.

#29 Edited by JROCK72 (412 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992:

Maybe Dani and Siryn should make there on team. :)

#30 Posted by HAWK2916 (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind having the New Mutants back as a team. I'd love to see Dani and Cannonball leading with Sunspot, Magma, Karma, Warpath, Blink and Boom-Boom on the team.

#31 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4583 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler said:

That's why I loved New X-Men... it was a whole series dedicated to students evolving into independent heroes.

well, that was sort of the opposite of my point..

the way I read the book was as a bunch of strangers learning to be able to trust each other for their own survival, and developing as characters through that bond. Which is really interesting, but there's very few of the New X-Men, that I would say developed into independent heroes; if you see what I mean.

#32 Edited by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock72 said:

@papad1992:

Maybe Dani and Siryn should make there on team. :)

Nah... too awkward of a match-up.

@papad1992 said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

well, that was sort of the opposite of my point..

the way I read the book was as a bunch of strangers learning to be able to trust each other for their own survival, and developing as characters through that bond. Which is really interesting, but there's very few of the New X-Men, that I would say developed into independent heroes; if you see what I mean.

Well Pixie, X-23, Anole, Armor, Blindfold, Surge, Prodigy, and Bling! (imo) have evolved into independent heroes. But that's just my take.

#33 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4583 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Pixie, X-23, Anole, Armor, Blindfold, Surge, Prodigy, and Bling! (imo) have evolved into independent heroes. But that's just my take.

I really like all of those characters, but only X-23, Prodigy, Surge, and maybe Pixie would be what I would call independent.

Armor, though one of my favorites of the bunch, actually strikes me way more of a keener, an especially competent follower; Blindfold, though very brave, seems like her first impulse in situations is to go find help. Anole is certainly capable and clever, even exhibiting some great leadership potential, but he never seems to do a lot on his own; Bling's pretty bad-ass, but again, hasn't done much on her own. And, I think if you really think about it, most of the New X-men are more followers than not.

Don't get me wrong, I do really like what all of these characters bring to the table, and I'm not even saying that being terribly independent is important for every character in an ensemble cast, I'm just saying that the characters who are the most independent, like Quire, tend to be the ones that stand out and move the story foreword.

#34 Edited by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

I really like all of those characters, but only X-23, Prodigy, Surge, and maybe Pixie would be what I would call independent.

Armor, though one of my favorites of the bunch, actually strikes me way more of a keener, an especially competent follower; Blindfold, though very brave, seems like her first impulse in situations is to go find help. Anole is certainly capable and clever, even exhibiting some great leadership potential, but he never seems to do a lot on his own; Bling's pretty bad-ass, but again, hasn't done much on her own. And, I think if you really think about it, most of the New X-men are more followers than not.

Don't get me wrong, I do really like what all of these characters bring to the table, and I'm not even saying that being terribly independent is important for every character in an ensemble cast, I'm just saying that the characters who are the most independent, like Quire, tend to be the ones that stand out and move the story foreword.

I agree with you on all of your points and highlights, besides Anole and Bling!. I feel like they can become great independent heroes but they haven't been given enough development to fully find out the capabilities of the character (Wood is doing that kind of to Bling! in his series now). Quire was only reinvented prior to Schism, but before that, he wasn't really a huge character in terms of depth and likability. And lets not forget Loa, who ventured off with Namor and then later the Defenders (*eye roll*) that was a chance to move a character in a peculiar direction but nothing really happened after that.

#35 Posted by Squares (6737 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan of Moonstar, don't really care what happens to her.

#36 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4583 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with you on all of your points and highlights, besides Anole and Bling!. I feel like they can become great independent heroes but they haven't been given enough development to fully find out the capabilities of the character (Wood is doing that kind of to Bling! in his series now). Quire was only reinvented prior to Schism, but before that, he wasn't really a huge character in terms of depth and likability. And lets not forget Loa, who ventured off with Namor and then later the Defenders (*eye roll*) that was a chance to move a character in a peculiar direction but nothing really happened after that.

mostly agree, except for this bit, which I entirely disagree with. Quire is a perfectly formed character, who, as far as I've seen, has never been written out of character; it can't be done, he's almost too perfectly crafted.

#37 Edited by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

mostly agree, except for this bit, which I entirely disagree with. Quire is a perfectly formed character, who, as far as I've seen, has never been written out of character; it can't be done, he's almost too perfectly crafted.

ok ok we have our opinions.

#38 Edited by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler said:

Back in the day, like I mean in the 80's or 70's even, it seemed like the character aged faster, not counting the time they were canceled the first X-Men aged a good 7 years in about 8 0r 9 years. Even during the 80's it seemed like time would pass faster for the X-Men. 6 months would pass in between a couple of issues, Kitty started off at 13 and was roughly 17 or 18 by the time she started Excalibur I believe. I would figure the eldest X-Men are at least mid 30s by now, not that that is a retiring age but I would have figured them older.

The characters are fictional, them doing something nonsensical is debatable. I mean they could write an arc where something happens to Cyclops forcing him to quit, maybe he goes off to live out his days with Emma. I wouldn't have Storm retire as much just have her become in a mentor type position opposite of Magneto. She would just not be in the field as much.

I would just like to see Cannonball and Dani lead the X-Men and all the characters who were around their age should be the primary characters, Sunspot, Kitty, Jubilee, Rachel Grey, Wolfsbane. The older X-Men should function as reserves and the younger students should just be in training. I just hate the fact that it has been all about Cyclops, Wolverine and Storm for the past 20 years and it appears its just going to be like that perpetually.

#39 Posted by HAWK2916 (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

yea even if we could get a seperate universe they need to be featured more.

#40 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4583 posts) - - Show Bio

Back in the day, like I mean in the 80's or 70's even, it seemed like the character aged faster, not counting the time they were canceled the first X-Men aged a good 7 years in about 8 0r 9 years. Even during the 80's it seemed like time would pass faster for the X-Men. 6 months would pass in between a couple of issues, Kitty started off at 13 and was roughly 17 or 18 by the time she started Excalibur I believe. I would figure the eldest X-Men are at least mid 30s by now, not that that is a retiring age but I would have figured them older.

Yeah. Kitty started out as 13, but was 14 within not long after joining the X-men in 1980. Excalibur started in 87', and I'm pretty sure that Kitty only turned 16 then, because I remember there was some issue where she was really excited to be driving a car. But yeah, she aged two or three years in six or seven, which is not far off of the general 3-1 ratio of the marvel-time rule of thumb. It's not always completely accurate with every specific story, but if you consider that marvel characters who were teenagers 50 years ago, like Spider-man or the original X-men, are supposed to be in their early 30's now, it usually works.

The characters are fictional, them doing something nonsensical is debatable. I mean they could write an arc where something happens to Cyclops forcing him to quit, maybe he goes off to live out his days with Emma. I wouldn't have Storm retire as much just have her become in a mentor type position opposite of Magneto. She would just not be in the field as much.

I've said for some time that it would be cool if they revealed that Emma was pregnant. Not only would it give Emma and Cyclops a decent reason to retire from active duty, but I think there's some decent story potential with them coming to that conclusion: Emma trying to raise a baby with her ex-boyfriend, in the Weapon X facility, while they're both on the run from the law? What a great way to first introduce, say, Ruby Summers, and give both of them a good reason to fade into the background afterwords.

I would just like to see Cannonball and Dani lead the X-Men and all the characters who were around their age should be the primary characters, Sunspot, Kitty, Jubilee, Rachel Grey, Wolfsbane. The older X-Men should function as reserves and the younger students should just be in training. I just hate the fact that it has been all about Cyclops, Wolverine and Storm for the past 20 years and it appears its just going to be like that perpetually.

That actually sounds like a great line-up, too. Personally, I think characters like Wolverine, Cyclops, the Beast, etc, tend to work better in more supporting character roles anyway, and it would be pretty easy to write any of those characters as being to busy with other responsibilities (running the school, being sometime Avengers, whatever), leaving the job of actually being the X-men up to the 80's generation. I think that could be really great.

Really, I don't think it's that weird for superheroes to be basically ageless, or stuck within a certain range, especially if you consider marquee characters like Superman, Batman, etc, but the X-men as a concept has no reason to stick to that formula. And that some of the most well known characters like Wolverine or Iceman are basically immortal, means that they can always retain their presence for the sake of context to establish next generations.

#41 Posted by Silver_Raven (351 posts) - - Show Bio

Girlfriend needs to get her powers back like NOW!

Anyone have any suggestions to how?

#42 Posted by HAWK2916 (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

Her Valkryie powers are kinda cool. I would let her have them along with letting her use the psi-arrows again. Aside from that maybe somehow get legion to restore her powers. One other thing ive thought about for a while is having a storyline where its revealed that the collective survived being hurled into the sun and has somehow returned to earth possessing someone maybe Dani and the rest of her new team somehow go up against this entity and defeat it restoring her powers and some other depowered mutants

#43 Edited by Silver_Raven (351 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916: I forgot about "the collective". it would be great id Dani could be repowered by it somehow, but i would not want her to go Dark Mirage.

the only other ways i can think of that could undo her depowering are;

-the Scarlet Witch (the should have cured Dani in the Children's Crusade, not Rictor)

-Hope (whatever happened to her)

-Apocalypse (he should make her his Horsewoman of Death)

-Legion (i hated that he didn't repower her during Age of X)

-the High Evolutionary

-Terrigan Mists ((maybe during the Inhumanity event?!)

#44 Posted by HAWK2916 (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

@silver_raven: Yeah I agree. It would be interesting to see her regain them someway. I wonder if Hela could in some way restore her powers as well

#45 Posted by colleen33408 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like it was an interesting arc for her to be powerless but now it's tired. Her powers are actually very unique and she is a great leader. Back in the day she was the tactical one, Sam was the brotherly friend, and they made such a good combination as co-leaders. When they separated, both grew into the others' strength and they are both more complete. They play off each other so well that I would love to see them co-leading an X-related team (but please ditch the AoA rejects X-Man and Blink who did not fit and sunk that last NM run in my opinion, along with the loss of Sam and Illyana). As I see a new NM series as unlikely in the near future, I'd at least like to see Dani and Sam reintegrated into the X-Men as full time members somehow.

#46 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10510 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't even read FD, but i've heard a lot about the malcontent in regards to Dani. In perfect world, she'd be with Storm's team, possibly co-leading.

Or just, you know, bring back the Academy X days.

I would LOVE to see these 2 on a team together. Claremont should have made that happen.

#47 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3571 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I agree with this. The stories seem stale because the same old characters get redefined to stay relevant over and over again. I can appreciate Claremont's original plan to have team members retire and then come back as needed. By the time we got to the '80s lineup, you could see glimpses of this inability to move on showing up but it got really bad in the Jim Lee era during the late '90s. By that time, the idea of a "core" group of X-Men always needing to be associated with the title got cemented and sales figures confirmed this tactic, so it got harder and harder to shake up the title ("Avengers" never really had this problem, but the "Fantastic Four" dealt with it much better than the X-Men over their run).

I would love it if the squad of New Mutants, lead by Danielle Moonstar and Sam Guthrie, merged with the surviving members of Generation X to become the X-Men.

#48 Posted by HAWK2916 (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be cool. I kinda always thought with the Schism that Dani would always stick with Cyclops and that out of all the New Mutants she's emerged as the replacement/heir to him. I do want her to get her powers back either way. Currently I've pictured her, Kitty, Boom-Boom, and Sunspot maybe along with Surge, Dust, X23 and Hellion leading an all new mutants team, maybe like a street level deal or the same type of tie-up loose ends team maybe searching for depowered mutants.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.