Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Think Fox will ever recast the x-films?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Now that comic book movies are a HUGE money maker, it seems like fox has noticed they have made their share of mistakes in the X-films. (As much as I love the original cast) Most of the original cast is pretty average and doesn't exactly embody any of their respected characters.
    All talented actors but...
    Hugh is way too tall and not raw/savage enough to be Wolverine.
    Halle is way too short and hasn't proven herself as the elegant badass leader of the x-men. Also she doesn't have an exotic presence-- visually or acting-wise.
    Anna as Rogue........ Not enough spunk, drive, attitude, charisma or charm as her comic counterpart. I know that script didn't allow much room, but Anna come on, please-- Rogue touches everyone on the team even though she lacks the ability to physically touch. I personally wasn't touched by Anna's performance...
    Jones as Emma............... Most Epic FAIL since Deadpool.
    Rebecca never really was a vocal Mystique and then in First Class, she just whined the whole time and tried to sleep with everyone. Both great actress.. just meh when it comes to Mystique.

On a positive note:
    Kelsey Grammar as Beast!
    Patrick Stewart as Xavier!
    Michael Fassbender as Magneto
    Kelly Hu as Lady Deathstrike
    James Marsden as Cyclops
    Taylor Kitsch as Gambit

Even though I am ranting, I am still looking forward to seeing X-men Days of Future Past. Fox is sitting on a Gold Mine, I just hope they can understand what greatness they are working with.
    Most of these characters should have their own solo films: Storm, Rogue, and Gambit. But it seems Fox lacks the right direction when it comes to bring these characters to life and having them shine at their true potential.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
    deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Huge Jacked Man is a great Wolvie IMO. I don't care about height, he's ripped to the max, and he's a really good actor. I can't see anyone else playing him.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@gor724 said:

Huge Jacked Man is a great Wolvie IMO. I don't care about height, he's ripped to the max, and he's a really good actor. I can't see anyone else playing him.

Omgawhh.. Really?? But before the movies came out, he wasn't that much like Wolverine, imo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gor724 said:

Omgawhh.. Really?? But before the movies came out, he wasn't that much like Wolverine, imo.

He was a broadway singer. That also proves he has range. He has molded into the role as all the movies progressed, know, when ever refer to him, I refer to him as Wolverine.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with Halle Berry though.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

@gor724 said:

I know, right? good thing he's an actor ;)

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was kind of thinking that if they WERE to redo the X-Men movies, they should have Xavier and Wolverine putting a much younger team together: Meaning, Xavier seeks out Logan while Wolverine's a member of Alpha Flight, which would be Canada's top secret Superhuman Response Division. Think Canadian Secret Avengers. Logan joins up with Xavier, they seek out the original five, first Cyclops, then Beast, Iceman, Angel, finally Jean. Obviously, the O5 would be quite a bit younger than their previous portrayals.

I'd only cast Cyclops, and I'd cast Colton Haynes, after seeing him play Roy Harper in Arrow: He's certainly able to play a determined idealist, whose willing to stand up for what's right, even when everyone else says he's wrong. I'm not overly familiar with actors in his age group, so I can't cast the other O5.

The reason I'd have Xavier and Wolverine working together is specifically with Cyclops: Logan (again played by Hugh Jackman) could take on a mentor role, training Scott in martial arts and tactics, and finally stepping aside, in spite of his experience, to let Scott take the leadership position. Think that moment near the end of Avengers where they're all teamed up and Iron Man says, "Call it, Cap." Deferring to the good Captain, even though Tony has more modern experience, while Cap is a fish out of water.

It would also set up some interesting confrontations later on, as Scott and Logan start to clash heads, in spite of Logan's mentor role.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I just wish Nightcrawler got some love. X2 was ok. He is a fan favorite. Can't understand why they won't use him, especially in the upcoming Days of Future Past.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Fallschirmjager

If DoFP sucks, they should and will reboot it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_gaff_ said:

I just wish Nightcrawler got some love. X2 was ok. He is a fan favorite. Can't understand why they won't use him, especially in the upcoming Days of Future Past.

Alan Cumming hated the makeup process, and swore he wouldn't do it again.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

@_gaff_ said:

Alan Cumming hated the makeup process, and swore he wouldn't do it again.

So, what's separating are favorite fuzzy elf from the movies is a layer of blue paint....Hire somebody else.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Give Hugh Jackman a real healing factor, and let him play Wolverine forever.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@poisonfleur: Idk if they will, but they should except Patrick Stewart, Sir Ian, Kelsey and Hugh

Give Hugh Jackman a real healing factor, and let him play Wolverine forever.

Lol.

ItsDaveyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love a recast... but there are some casting choices that I already think were done very well.

Ian McKellen as Magneto - Spot on. Only problem is he isn't ripped but I always found that to be strange in the comics... I prefer him looking like a real person like Ian.
    Patrick Stewart as Prof. X - I thought he filled the role perfectly. I'd like to see him have to act out some of Xavier's faults.
    Hugh Jackman as Wolverine - Even though he might be tall, you can't deny he made the role his own and basically is identified with the Wolverine character. If he had better material to work with, he could've been the Robert Downey Jr. of the X-men
    James Marsden as Cyclops - I thought he did a fantastic job with the poor writing he was given. I'd like to see what he could do with some material with actual weight to it.
    Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler - I thought he did a very good job. Only fault is that he could've used a little more humor but I personally think that was because of the writing. I think Alan Cumming could easily bring that element to the character.
    Rebecca Romijn as Mystique - Interesting take on Mystique. She could easily add more dialogue while retaining that presence she created. Again, the problem lies in the writing she was given.
    Famke Janssen as Jean Grey - I liked her in the role. She played a good older Jean Grey. I just wish the third movie was less Wolverine focused and more Jean Grey focused so we could really see her chops.
    Ellen Page as Kitty Pryde - I think she could be excellent in the role, given the right material.

Yet of course, there were some very bad castings too that I would like to see replaced.

Halle Berry as Storm - Just awful in the role. Looks nothing like the character. Can't decide if she wants an accent or not. Lacks the dignified and powerful presence. Feels more like "Halle with powers" than "Ororo Monroe." My suggested castings are Kerry Washington (a little thin and short for the role but I think she can pull it off. She can always hit the gym too.) and if they are willing to go for an older Storm... Angela Bassett.
    Anna Paquin as Rogue - Not saucy enough. She looks too soft for the character too.
    Shawn Ashmore as Iceman - Just didn't feel right... he wasn't a light enough spirit for the part. Brought too much heavyness.
    January Jones as Emma Frost - No. Just... no.
    Pretty much all the side characters - Psylocke, Callisto, Juggernaut, etc. etc.

So I feel that most of the casting is actually quite capable of being in a good X-men film. The problem lies with horrible directors, bad writing, bad costuming, bad basically everything behind the camera lens.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryagan said:

Am I the only one who didn't like Nightcrawler in X2? He had pretty much nothing to do (except for one scene), and I thought his character was annoying. That said, that White House scene is probably the best opening scene to a comic book movie. I wish we would've gotten to see more of THAT Nightcrawler--but without the evil mind control stuff, of course.

Ya, I agree with you, and what was with the tattoo for every sin stuff?

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_gaff_ said:

Ya, I agree with you, and what was with the tattoo for every sin stuff?

I would assume the tattoos were because they knew that Nightcrawler's religion was a big part of his character, so they had to get that in there, but they also didn't want to set off any alarm bells, what with him looking like a Blue Devil to non comic book fans. So they went with odd tattoos rather than a preacher's collar.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.