Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

The Return of Uncanny X-Men?

• 52 results
    thespidey307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thespidey307

A new tease for Marvel NOW! has come up, and it probably signifies the return of the uncanny x-men.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Veitha

Yes, it'S uncanny!!! NOW I'm happy lol

Avatar image for deactivated-62dfe515b2439
    deactivated-62dfe515b2439

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love me some Bachalo. I was bummed when I learned he was leaving WATXM.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By AgeofHurricane

DSFDSFDSFDFDFDS....hold on minute.

I'm excited, but then, i'm not excited ;/.

On the one hand you've got the mother lovin' Bachalo, but on the other, you have Bendis of all bloody people. Eh.

They need to elaborate on this.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rickbarry

The Extinction team lives on, guys and gals.

Cyclops4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cyclops4ever

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS! TEAMMMMMM CYCLOPSSSSSSS!!!!!!

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#8  Edited By x_29

My excitement will be determined if the first few issues of his ANX are solid.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By papad1992

I would think the team members would be:

Emma, Magneto, Magik, and Danger.

Their first mission... break out Cyclops!!

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#10  Edited By McKlayn

@papad1992: This book doesn't come out till Feb and after reading Consequences last week i am sure he will be free for a while by then :-p

BACHELO!!!!!!! I am sooo excited about this shit, just having Uncanny back to the main X men title, i was bummed when they gave an Avengers team the adjective or whatever it's called lol

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Yeah, the monthly X-Solicits were NEVER the same without seeing 'Uncanny X-Men' issue w.e.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By One_Eye

@AgeofHurricane said:

Yeah, the monthly X-Solicits were NEVER the same without seeing 'Uncanny X-Men' issue w.e.

I'm conflicted as well....Bendis....uhn....Bachalo is okay in my book. I'm gonna wait and see.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

If it is indeed Cyclops' book, I won't buy it. I like Bachalo in some instances but some characters I can't stand him drawing, Cyclops being one of them. In issue 10 of WATXM I almost pulled my currently non-existent hair out when I saw Cykes with a perpetual derp face.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By McKlayn

@god_spawn said:

If it is indeed Cyclops' book, I won't buy it. I like Bachalo in some instances but some characters I can't stand him drawing, Cyclops being one of them. In issue 10 of WATXM I almost pulled my currently non-existent hair out when I saw Cykes with a perpetual derp face.

If that's the issue where he shows up and most of Wolverine's staff turns on him, it was by far my fav issue of that series :-p

Cyclops4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cyclops4ever

@god_spawn: cmon, I thought you were a Cyclops fan, this is the best thing to happen to Cyclops fans like myself since Whedon's run. This will be the best X-men comic ever hands down if its an Uncanny X-Men book focusing on Cyclops and only his closest friends(and lover). After everything they went through in AvX, the stories are gonna be very interesting and edgy, February can't get here sooner. TEAM CYCLOPS

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BatteredArmor

Cyclops? Hell Yeah !!! 
    Bachalo? um......meh I guess 
    Bendis? NOOOOOOO

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Cyclops4ever: I wouldn't compare this to Whedon's run and Cassaday's art is leagues above Bachalo. Bachalo's art is more suited for WATXM IMO due to the light heartedness of the story. A Cyclops-centered book should be dark and edgy and I don't see Bachalo doing that. The stories might be fine but art can make a difference. If I see Emma Frost drawn like this for example

No Caption Provided

and the book is meh at best, I'd drop it.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By slimlim

Hah! I knew they wouldn't let Uncanny X-Men stay dead for long!

Target_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Target_X

Uncanny X-Men will never die!

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Skaddix

@Cyclops4ever said:

@god_spawn: cmon, I thought you were a Cyclops fan, this is the best thing to happen to Cyclops fans like myself since Whedon's run. This will be the best X-men comic ever hands down if its an Uncanny X-Men book focusing on Cyclops and only his closest friends(and lover). After everything they went through in AvX, the stories are gonna be very interesting and edgy, February can't get here sooner. TEAM CYCLOPS

closest friends? i would not under any circumstances describe magneto, magik and danger as close friends.

and best x-book ever, I highly doubt it.

Still Cyclops, Frost, Magneto, Magik and Danger is a solid team. They need some Muscle. Maybe fill out the roster with 2-3 Fresh Recruits.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By poisonfleur

@AgeofHurricane said:

DSFDSFDSFDFDFDS....hold on minute.

I'm excited, but then, i'm not excited ;/.

On the one hand you've got the mother lovin' Bachalo, but on the other, you have Bendis of all bloody people. Eh.

They need to elaborate on this.

Took the words right out of my mouth!

lol

@god_spawn said:

No Caption Provided

@Cyclops4ever: I wouldn't compare this to Whedon's run and Cassaday's art is leagues above Bachalo. Bachalo's art is more suited for WATXM IMO due to the light heartedness of the story. A Cyclops-centered book should be dark and edgy and I don't see Bachalo doing that. The stories might be fine but art can make a difference. If I see Emma Frost drawn like this for example

and the book is meh at best, I'd drop it.

OMG^^^ Everyone hates on Xenogensis wayyy too much. Everybody but Emma and Armor looked great. Armor looked like a random little girl and Emma looked like stubby Gertrude Yorkes cosplaying as a pair of walking boobs.

Everyone else in the story looked Great--- Especially Storm!! (That Hairstyle was HOT)

And I think there was one or two pictures where Emma looked good... I think.... maybe.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lykopis

We knew there would be a book coming out with the same team (more or less) headed by Cyclops as before -- so this isn't a surprise. Like most, I will hold off and wait to see how Bachalo will tackle this book artistically since he has shown he can be varied in his approach. I do agree that I have a hard time picturing Cyclops and Friends as anything other than dark characters so hopefully this will be reflected in this book successfully. As for Bendis....hmmm. That's the factor I am unsure about.

Anyway -- interesting news and something else to look forward to come February.

chocobojam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By chocobojam

I really love Bachalo art because of its unique style and quality. but i can understand why others hate it. this may not be as dark and edgy as supposed to be but the fact that uncanny x-men will be relaunch and bachalo in art, is more than enough to make my day complete.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By John Valentine

Bachalo's comics are so damn hard to read. I'd rather something clean-cut like Chris Pacheco or Coipel.

Bendis isn't as awful as everyone makes out. It's mainstream to dislike him. Just a bandwagon, only a few years back everyone was praising him left right and centre for his stuff on New Avengers. He can't be any worse than Matt Fraction on X-Men, a definitely not worse than Chuck Austen, Peter Milligan, Victor Gischler, Christ Gage etc.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@John Valentine: Bendis will do the same thing with Cyclops as he's done with the Sentry, Wonder Man and Moon Knight. Character starts off as not quite "good" and ends up going insane and trying to kill everyone.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By John Valentine

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@John Valentine: Bendis will do the same thing with Cyclops as he's done with the Sentry, Wonder Man and Moon Knight. Character starts off as not quite "good" and ends up going insane and trying to kill everyone.

Um, no. The characters you've listed are nothing like Cyclops.

Bendis also successed in pushing the Avengers to the forefront of the Marvel Universe during his time as writer. Hopefully he can help in pushing back the X-Men into Alpha status.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Umbraa

I think Bendis is going to kill this...Marvel Now has a lot of interesting books. Now it's what they do with them.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@John Valentine: You didn't get my point at all, I'm saying Bendis will fuck up Cyclops like he done to the other characters

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By McKlayn

I am not familiar with Bendis, but i read his New Avengers thing during AVX and i thought that they were some of the better written things so I am really excited for this. I remember a while back when Everyone hated Remender for his run on Venom i think it was, and Fraction was hated with his run on X men. Now both men have great books out and everyone is loving them (hawkeye & Uncanny X force) so yea i am still excited and hoping Bendis knocks it out the park. Bachelo also has done some dark Art it's just been a while, he did the X men title with Sabertooth, Mystique, Rogue, Cannonball, Iceman, & Cable when Rogue first took over the team and Mike Carey started writing it. Great art, he also did Generation X which was light hearted at times but the characters were originally designed as the dark Mutants, the ones to show that being a mutant wasn't all fun and games, so yea he can do it just fine. What i hope is that IF bendis is taking over the X men top books he takes them all over and they communciate, idk it seems like lately you got a differnt wolverine and differnt cyclops for every book. So i want like a nice flow so the characters read the same regardless of what title they pop up in. Also if Bendis is the one who put the Avengers above the X men, i can't say i am mad to see him coming to our side lol.

@Skaddix: I would prefer not to have NEW members of the team, too many good characters being over looked atm. Warpath for example would be great muscle for the team, i do agree though they need to add a few new faces, and GOD i wish they would of ditched Danger i don't like that character at all.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By John Valentine

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@John Valentine: You didn't get my point at all, I'm saying Bendis will fuck up Cyclops like he done to the other characters

I got your point. Bendis has done a lot of good work for Marvel, on the whole. Hopefully, he'll be able to do the same for Uncanny X-Men Vol. 3 and Cyke's team, without the flaws in his work bring it down.

I'd just like to add that Moon Knight and Sentry are awful, awful characters. Especially Moon Knight. Mental instability was ingrained into their characters. Cyclops doesn't have this as a starting point along the road to easily mucking him up.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@John Valentine said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I got your point. Bendis has done a lot of good work for Marvel, on the whole. Hopefully, he'll be able to do the same for Uncanny X-Men Vol. 3 and Cyke's team, without the flaws in his work bring it down.

I'd just like to add that Moon Knight and Sentry are awful, awful characters. Especially Moon Knight. Mental instability was ingrained into their characters. Cyclops doesn't have this as a starting point along the road to easily mucking him up.

The part in bold is false, in the beginning neither Sentry, Wonder Man or Moon Knight where nuts that all came later and in the case of Sentry and Wondy was totally invented by Bendis

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By John Valentine

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@John Valentine said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

The part in bold is false, in the beginning neither Sentry, Wonder Man or Moon Knight where nuts that all came later and in the case of Sentry and Wondy was totally invented by Bendis

Moon Knight was crazy long before Bendis' recent series.

Bendis did not write 'The Sentry' origin series. I think it's pretty clear that Rob Reynolds is mad, especially with the Void reveal.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@John Valentine said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@John Valentine said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Bendis did not write 'The Sentry' origin series. I think it's pretty clear that Rob Reynolds is mad, especially with the Void reveal.

Moon Knight had emotional issues but he wasn't crazy, Bendis give him multiple personality syndrome. No Bendis never wrote his origin but if he had paid more attention to it he would have realised Bob was not a raving lunatic he was made out to be nor was the Void part of him.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By John Valentine

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@John Valentine said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@John Valentine said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Moon Knight had emotional issues but he wasn't crazy, Bendis give him multiple personality syndrome. No Bendis never wrote his origin but if he had paid more attention to it he would have realised Bob was not a raving lunatic he was made out to be nor was the Void part of him.

Yeah, having Raoul Bushman appear to you, missing a face, is a normal thing to see.

Spector's always had MPS, Bendis just assigned those personalities to include Spider-Man and Wolverine. Beforehand they were Marc Spector, Steven Grant, Jake Lockley.

The Void and Sentry are two parts of the same person. That was stated in his very first mini-series.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@John Valentine said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@John Valentine said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@John Valentine said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Yeah, having Raoul Bushman appear to you, missing a face, is a normal thing to see.

Spector's always had MPS, Bendis just assigned those personalities to include Spider-Man and Wolverine. Beforehand they were Marc Spector, Steven Grant, Jake Lockley.

The Void and Sentry are two parts of the same person. That was stated in his very first mini-series.

You mean Khonushu taking the form of Bushman? The Steven Grant, Jake Lockley ect where persona's he used to do investigation's, that has been stated a number of times. It's like saying Batman has MPS because he sometimes goes around calling himself Matches Malone.

They where two parts of the same psyche given form, they where not the same person.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Veitha

@god_spawn said:

I thought the same thing when I saw that teaser... Why is Bachalo on this title?? I would have seen better Immonen here and Bachalo on All New XMen

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Veitha: Agreed. I just don't see Bachalo's art tone matching the book, especially if it is Cyclops oriented.

If we are supposed to get a more serious book and Cyclops and Emma and god forbid, Magneto and Danger, are all gonna look like this, I just can't see the tone being right. And I've given Bendis the benefit of the doubt in All New X-Men cause it has some of his elements in there and plenty of story ideas with Immonen on detail, it has the potential to be a really good book. Uncanny with Cyclops could be fine story wise but with a bummer art tone for it, it can hurt the book.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The reddish tint in the background is another telling hint that it's going to involve Cyclops. Not the teen boy scout Cyclops who yells "JEAN!!!" every other sentence

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By McKlayn

@Veitha said:

@god_spawn said:

I thought the same thing when I saw that teaser... Why is Bachalo on this title?? I would have seen better Immonen here and Bachalo on All New XMen

yea you got a good point, solid art though but the look doesnt fit nice dark anti hero ish style you would think

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Blood1991

I feel kinda ripped off :/ I mean if you are going to end a book end the damn book.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Blood1991: Some titles are getting a number 1 anyways after having a dozen issues or so and the full title might be something different with Uncanny in it , or Uncanny could just be like the teaser like Soldier was for Cap despite it not being the name of the title. So Uncanny could just be the teaser implying Scott and the Extinction team with a new name for the title.

Unless specifics have actually been released yet?

Sinfulplayerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sinfulplayerx

I smell a "Strong Guy"

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Blood1991

@god_spawn: I suppose so, but I was led on to believe that chapter in comic history had ended. Time will tell.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Blood1991: I know. I don't get it either. It's ended twice in a 1 year to be relaunched again but regarding Marvel NOW I can understand.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#45  Edited By jhazzroucher

I hope Storm leads. : )

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By McKlayn

@god_spawn said:

@Blood1991: Some titles are getting a number 1 anyways after having a dozen issues or so and the full title might be something different with Uncanny in it , or Uncanny could just be like the teaser like Soldier was for Cap despite it not being the name of the title. So Uncanny could just be the teaser implying Scott and the Extinction team with a new name for the title.

Unless specifics have actually been released yet?

He could be very right, "uncanny" just with it's history is a world that is linked with mutants and the X men in particular, the Optic blast in the back ground indicates Cyclops. So a Cyclops lead branch of the X men is all the teaser really says, it could be called "Cyclops & The X men" or "X-tinction" as far as we know, it's just the first assumption that it's the return of "Uncanny X men" and since all we can do is guess until we hear more it's more then likely the best guess as well :D

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#47  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @McKlayn said:

I am not familiar with Bendis, but i read his New Avengers thing during AVX and i thought that they were some of the better written things so I am really excited for this. I remember a while back when Everyone hated Remender for his run on Venom i think it was, and Fraction was hated with his run on X men. Now both men have great books out and everyone is loving them (hawkeye & Uncanny X force) so yea i am still excited and hoping Bendis knocks it out the park. Bachelo also has done some dark Art it's just been a while, he did the X men title with Sabertooth, Mystique, Rogue, Cannonball, Iceman, & Cable when Rogue first took over the team and Mike Carey started writing it. Great art, he also did Generation X which was light hearted at times but the characters were originally designed as the dark Mutants, the ones to show that being a mutant wasn't all fun and games, so yea he can do it just fine. What i hope is that IF bendis is taking over the X men top books he takes them all over and they communciate, idk it seems like lately you got a differnt wolverine and differnt cyclops for every book. So i want like a nice flow so the characters read the same regardless of what title they pop up in. Also if Bendis is the one who put the Avengers above the X men, i can't say i am mad to see him coming to our side lol.

@Skaddix: I would prefer not to have NEW members of the team, too many good characters being over looked atm. Warpath for example would be great muscle for the team, i do agree though they need to add a few new faces, and GOD i wish they would of ditched Danger i don't like that character at all.

I agree with this! Every time a different writer writes the same character, it seems like we don't really have a clear view of what the character is really like, for example, Wolverine's character has been changed constantly with so many different writers writing him.

As for the possibility of this being "Uncanny X-Men," I'm sort of on the fence about this since this is like the second time they would have relaunched this title.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By John Valentine

@jhazzroucher said:

I hope Storm leads. : )

GTFO.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Where's the Bachalo disdain emerging from ?

The guy's one of the better artists we've got right now, go read Grey's End. He CAN do 'sharp'/'clean'.

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Imperius_Rex

Omg! On aythang! I've been crying for a couple months now non stop, during work, while eating, while having sex, and while playing ac3. The tears can finally stop. Cyclops my uncanny king return to Me!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.