The perfect picture of your favorite X-men

#1 Edited by poisonfleur (2928 posts) - - Show Bio

So each of us has at least one favorite X-men. Which artist's work embodies your favorite character? Post a picture or two and tell why you think so? (Let's be honest-- Some artists have single handedly ruined some of our beloved characters.) Let's see how they are supposed to be portrayed and drawn.

#2 Edited by poisonfleur (2928 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite character is Storm. And my favorite artist might have to be Olivier Coipel. (So many good ones to choose from) He has such an love for the characters he draws. He even has said in an interview when he approaches a character, he draws them as he is drawing a God. Also, I get the impression that he truly knows these characters well-- especially Storm.

#3 Posted by Xwraith (14630 posts) - - Show Bio

#4 Edited by Wolverine08 (38145 posts) - - Show Bio

#5 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

#6 Posted by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

#7 Posted by Rickbarry (1744 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to derail this thread with the worst picture of my favorite character. Meow.

#8 Posted by Wolverine08 (38145 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by batmannflash (6170 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10916 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur: What's your favorite Storm look? Mohawk or classic? Or, if there's another look I'm missing. Lol.

As for me, Cyclops is my favorite. Here are A LOT of pics I snagged from The Vine:

#11 Posted by Wolverine08 (38145 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (11476 posts) - - Show Bio

#13 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4189 posts) - - Show Bio
Olivier Coipel

@poisonfleur: yeah, Olivier Coipel is great, I really lie this pic he did of Rogue here. He's probably my favorite artist going right now. Of course, when I think of the artists who really nailed the characters for me, I tend to think of the old-school guys like Paul Smith, John Romita Jr., and Alan Davis. Those guys really defined the characters for me.

Alan Davis
Paul Smith
John Romita Jr.
#14 Edited by Spaced_Boy (37 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7257 posts) - - Show Bio

Salvador Larroca was a beast back in the day. One of my all time faves.

#16 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (9892 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm by Michael Turner (RIP)

Storm by David Yardin (his work is amazing and one of my faves)

#17 Posted by poisonfleur (2928 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry: Sploosh!

@thunderbolt30: Yes, that alternate cover to Thor was epic!

Olivier Coipel

@poisonfleur: yeah, Olivier Coipel is great, I really lie this pic he did of Rogue here. He's probably my favorite artist going right now. Of course, when I think of the artists who really nailed the characters for me, I tend to think of the old-school guys like Paul Smith, John Romita Jr., and Alan Davis. Those guys really defined the characters for me.

Alan Davis
Paul Smith
John Romita Jr.

You, my friend, have Great tastes!

#18 Posted by jhazzroucher (14734 posts) - - Show Bio

Ororo Munroe aka Storm

#19 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4189 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by totterymanx (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I love John Cassaday's work on Astonishing X-Men to this very day.

#21 Edited by IIDEADxPOOLII (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

#22 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4189 posts) - - Show Bio

I love John Cassaday's work on Astonishing X-Men to this very day.

yeah, he was kind of just perfect for that book.

I think he probably does my favorite versions of Cyclops and Emma (who he put some pants on and actually mostly covered up by her cape, most of the time).

And the Beast, when he wasn't in that silly costume..

#24 Posted by adamTRMM (1215 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by CheeseSticks (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

#26 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

#27 Posted by Yasiiii4 (150 posts) - - Show Bio

#28 Posted by The Stegman (22766 posts) - - Show Bio
Kitty Pryde= best mutant ever.

#29 Edited by lorex (939 posts) - - Show Bio

A longtime favorite of mine is Iceman.

#30 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

my first picture is rare its from unlettered anxm19

#31 Posted by CheeseSticks (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

I forgot about my boy Forge

#32 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (5870 posts) - - Show Bio

What can I say, I love all my X-Men

#33 Posted by Rebelpunk13 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

#34 Posted by MN_Logan (224 posts) - - Show Bio

#35 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4189 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by MN_Logan (224 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Edited by fodigg (6130 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem with this thread is it's asking me to pick a favorite X-Man. I'll cheat and start with the artist. Phil Noto pretty much nails everything he does, so any of these would be contenders for me.

#38 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4189 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg said:

The problem with this thread is it's asking me to pick a favorite X-Man. I'll cheat and start with the artist. Phil Noto pretty much nails everything he does, so any of these would be contenders for me.

These are all great.

I also was unsure exactly what was expected of this thread, but I like how you've done your entry like you were curating an X-men themed Phil Noto exhibit.

Someone should make that a thread, "curate your own X-men exhibit", and people could pick different artist or themes to base their exhibits on..

#39 Edited by fodigg (6130 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler said:
@fodigg said:

These are all great.

I also was unsure exactly what was expected of this thread, but I like how you've done your entry like you were curating an X-men themed Phil Noto exhibit.

Someone should make that a thread, "curate your own X-men exhibit", and people could pick different artist or themes to base their exhibits on..

It's a solid plan and I encourage you to enact it. I would suggest rules along the following:

• One artist
  • One character or team of characters
  • Exhibit of 5-10 images
  • One exhibit per post, as many exhibits as you want

However, you may want to encourage more abstract exhibits like "storylines", "archetypes", etc. I guess it would depend on the artist.

EDIT: Actually, I liked that you went even more narrow with X-Men only. Makes sense that this concept could easily fit multiple threads for different teams.

#40 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4189 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking. I just started the thread :v

#41 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

"The Lady that Wears White but Lives in the Shadows"

#42 Posted by RaggedScarecrow (781 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: That's amazing! I love Emma's downturned head. Nice reference to the Grant Morrison-era New X-Men too.

#43 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by PietroMaximoffIsTheMan (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Favorite costume for my favorite member of the X-Men, Cyclops.

#45 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

"Genetic freaks like LT. Warren and me go by plenty of names. Muties. Homo Sapien Superior. Children of the Atom. But some of us were born long before that ugly August morning, back when the only nuclear fire was in the belly of the rising sun. Nah, the bomb ain't my mother. She's just the girl who made me a man."

#46 Posted by darthphoenix (642 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.