THE OFFICIAL XMEN HELP THREAD

• 56 results
#1 Posted by Darkchild (40677 posts) - - Show Bio

ronin alexsnder says:

"okay i made this thread b/c i have a question about the xmen and i couldnt find the appropriate thread to post in so i figured id make a thread for people to ask Q/A's about the xmen or hell marvel verse on in its selfokay here goes. what is blinks power exactly like what would it be called. i checked out her page on the vine but still couldnt get the answer i was looking for. if its called teleporting how come nightcrawler cant do what she can do.can blink teleport herself or just others and objects."

spacial manipulation

#2 Posted by ronin alexsnder (7817 posts) - - Show Bio

okay i made this thread b/c i have a question about the xmen and i couldnt find the appropriate thread to post in so i figured id make a thread for people to ask Q/A's about the xmen or hell marvel verse on in its self

okay here goes. what is blinks power exactly like what would it be called. i checked out her page on the vine but still couldnt get the answer i was looking for. if its called teleporting how come nightcrawler cant do what she can do.

can blink teleport herself or just others and objects.

#3 Posted by ronin alexsnder (7817 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkchild says:

"ronin alexsnder says:
"okay i made this thread b/c i have a question about the xmen and i couldnt find the appropriate thread to post in so i figured id make a thread for people to ask Q/A's about the xmen or hell marvel verse on in its selfokay here goes. what is blinks power exactly like what would it be called. i checked out her page on the vine but still couldnt get the answer i was looking for. if its called teleporting how come nightcrawler cant do what she can do.can blink teleport herself or just others and objects."

spacial manipulation"

okay cool but can she teleport herself then

#4 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

The Bartender says:

"obi wan kenobi! says:
"ronin alexsnder says:

are you checking blink cause I put her agsint you in the Vine vs. Comics thread? lol

anyways...it's still called teleportation..it's just on a much wider scale...but I do think it's still teleportation..she can also open portals and teleport other things through them..like she can throw a spear and opens portal in front of it which takes it to another location..."

like Aztek..."

are you Aztek? lol

#5 Posted by Darkchild (40677 posts) - - Show Bio

ronin alexsnder says:

"Darkchild says:
"ronin alexsnder says:

spacial manipulation"

okay cool but can she teleport herself then"

yes

#6 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

ronin alexsnder says:

are you checking blink cause I put her agsint you in the Vine vs. Comics thread? lol

anyways...it's still called teleportation..it's just on a much wider scale...but I do think it's still teleportation..she can also open portals and teleport other things through them..like she can throw a spear and opens portal in front of it which takes it to another location...(she can teleport herself)
Post Edited:2008-05-28 21:55:00

#7 Posted by The Bartender (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#8 Posted by ronin alexsnder (7817 posts) - - Show Bio

obi wan kenobi! says:

"ronin alexsnder says:

anyways...it's still called teleportation..it's just on a much wider scale...but I do think it's still teleportation..she can also open portals and teleport other things through them..like she can throw a spear and opens portal in front of it which takes it to another location...(she can teleport herself)
Post Edited:2008-05-28 21:55:00"

kills obi wan

actually yes thats why i asked i was thinkin about it all day and realized other than the x men game i know nothing about blink lol. so i read about her on the vine and her powers seemed cool so i was wondering.

#9 Posted by ronin alexsnder (7817 posts) - - Show Bio

is there a certain story arc on the vine for earth 371. i want to read more about gambit being on weapon X

#10 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth 371 is the earth that Weapon X's Gambit is from. You don't hear a lot about it other than that he was romantically involved with Storm. You can read about his reality-hopping adventures in the issues of Exiles that feature him. He's not on the Exiles and isn't a major character, he's only featured in a few arcs. I can't list them off the top of my head but I'm sure I can refer you to some issues he's in if you'd like.

#11 Posted by fesak (7056 posts) - - Show Bio

ronin alexsnder says:

"is there a certain story arc on the vine for earth 371. i want to read more about gambit being on weapon X"

You should check out Exiles 23-25 (With an Iron Fist). One of the best arcs in the series.

It's about Tony Stark ruling the world, The Exiles doesn't appear at all in this story, only Gambit & Weapon X.

About Blink: She's one of the most versatile teleporters around. One of her tricks is to teleport stuff inside people, she killed Ego the Living Planet by teleporting a bomb into his brain for example. Another example is when she teleported a small amount of sedative into Avalanche just to knock him out.

Another thing she does effectively is to use others powers against them, like when they had fought King Hyperion for a couple of issues and nothing they did could affect him. Blink then redirected his own heat vision at his back, severely injuring him and exposing his spinal column allowing the previously mentioned Gambit to finish him off.

#12 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"ronin alexsnder says:
"is there a certain story arc on the vine for earth 371. i want to read more about gambit being on weapon X"

You should check out Exiles 23-25 (With an Iron Fist). One of the best arcs in the series.

It's about Tony Stark ruling the world, The Exiles doesn't appear at all in this story, only Gambit & Weapon X.

Agreed. Probably the best Gambit the Marvel U ever created. I hate this Son of Namor Gambit. But the arc where he gets his arm ripped off is badass to.

#13 Posted by ronin alexsnder (7817 posts) - - Show Bio

hey thank fesak

#14 Posted by ronin alexsnder (7817 posts) - - Show Bio

is there a ultimate xmen story arc on the vine

#15 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

he means has anyone made a page for a story arc from Ultimate X-Men, am I correct?

#17 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Its easy to look up :P The new search engine is off the chain

#18 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

well, maybe he doesn't know the name of any of the story arcs, idk? maybe he wants us to get him links, but I don't read Ultimate X-Men so I'm no help either way :D

the only thing I like is Mr. Sinister and Lord Apocalypse but even then, that's the only version of Sinister I don't really like

#19 Posted by ronin alexsnder (7817 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"well, maybe he doesn't know the name of any of the story arcs, idk? maybe he wants us to get him links,
"
lol yea thats what i meant. is there seperate story arcs for ultimate U or all they all the same. ive been out of comics for a really long time like 8 yrs lol so im tryin to get back in i bought like the first ten issues of the ultimate Xmen and im loveing it so far.
#20 Posted by ronin alexsnder (7817 posts) - - Show Bio

ok i think i might have just found what G was talkin about but like i said i aint got half the comics i need.so i was wondering if in the underneath part 2 when nightctawler fights the xmen what happens. does he die does he kill the xmen what?

#21 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

You dont need to know any specific story arcs (aztek). All you have to do is type in Ultimate X-Men. Then go down to the issues and it will give you specific story arcs ;)

#22 Posted by ronin alexsnder (7817 posts) - - Show Bio

yea thats what i did lol. after i read what you wrote and i found a certain sotry arc that intrests me. SO WHAT hanppened in the underneath part 2 did nightcrawler die or kill the XMEN or what?

#23 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know I don't read Ultimate X-Men lol

#24 Posted by ronin alexsnder (7817 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
" I don't know I don't read Ultimate X-Men lol
"
lmao okay very well.

any other takers?
#25 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

I have the first 17 volumes of Ultimate X-Men (#1-88). Feel free to ask about anything you want.

#26 Posted by The_Superior_Sapien (1411 posts) - - Show Bio

I suggest you read Ultimate X-Men 13 an 14. Gambit kicks some serious @$$ in those issues

#27 Posted by fesak (7056 posts) - - Show Bio
Florian Kincaid LeBeau said:
"I suggest you read Ultimate X-Men 13 an 14. Gambit licks some serious @$$ in those issues
"
Really..?
#28 Posted by The_Superior_Sapien (1411 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"Florian Kincaid LeBeau said:
"I suggest you read Ultimate X-Men 13 an 14. Gambit licks some serious @$$ in those issues
"
Really..?
"
I thought so. He straight up owns Hammerhead's gang as he wages a one man war against the gangsta in search of this little girl. I thought it was tight anyway.
#29 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahaha reread your post carefully, Florian.

#30 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

"licks" instead of "kicks". Cheap laugh, but I couldn't help it.

#32 Posted by ronin alexsnder (7817 posts) - - Show Bio

so korg man what happens to night cralwer when he fights the XMEN in the underneath. does he kick their a$$ like the cover shows or wat

#33 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

No, he doesn't fight them, actually. He goes underground to find the Morlocks. Then we find out that Toad has been sent on behalf of Cyclops to extend a hand to the Morlocks. The Morlock leader, Sunder, attacks both of them upon learning they are from Xavier's. Scott, Jean, Rogue, and Bobby go to check on Toad since he hasn't been heard from. The X-Men engage the Morlocks and Sunder almost crushes Scott with a huge chunk of concrete/asphalt. Nightcrawler breaks his neck, saving the X-Men. Nightcrawler refuses all offers to go back to the Mansion, and is surprisingly offered leadership of the Morlocks himself by Callisto.

#34 Posted by fesak (7056 posts) - - Show Bio

Just kidding.

#35 Posted by ronin alexsnder (7817 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"No, he doesn't fight them, actually. He goes underground to find the Morlocks. Then we find out that Toad has been sent on behalf of Cyclops to extend a hand to the Morlocks. The Morlock leader, Sunder, attacks both of them upon learning they are from Xavier's. Scott, Jean, Rogue, and Bobby go to check on Toad since he hasn't been heard from. The X-Men engage the Morlocks and Sunder almost crushes Scott with a huge chunk of concrete/asphalt. Nightcrawler breaks his neck, saving the X-Men. Nightcrawler refuses all offers to go back to the Mansion, and is surprisingly offered leadership of the Morlocks himself by Callisto."
awesome thanx much man

can someone tell me the name of nightcrawlers daughter
#36 Posted by SuicideBlonde (4 posts) - - Show Bio

TJ Wagner aka Nocturne

#37 Posted by ronin alexsnder (7817 posts) - - Show Bio
SuicideBlonde said:
"TJ Wagner aka Nocturne"
sweet thank you very much.
#38 Posted by TheDrifter (26556 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone tell me whats a good series to start off with to learn about Gambit?

I really want to know more about him.

#39 Posted by SuicideBlonde (4 posts) - - Show Bio

his first mini series would be a good start.

#40 Posted by TheDrifter (26556 posts) - - Show Bio
SuicideBlonde said:
"his first mini series would be a good start. "

Thank you very much.
#41 Posted by SuicideBlonde (4 posts) - - Show Bio

No problem!! The older Uncanny stuff would be good as well but theres a lot more to read with them. His mini-series are a much easier way to go about it.

#42 Posted by TheDrifter (26556 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool. Thanks for the assist and welcome to the Vine.

#43 Posted by SuicideBlonde (4 posts) - - Show Bio

thanks!!

#44 Posted by TheDrifter (26556 posts) - - Show Bio
SuicideBlonde said:
"thanks!!"

No problem at t'all.
#45 Posted by ronin alexsnder (7817 posts) - - Show Bio

okay im trying to find a summary of nightcrawler from age of apocalypse can somebody point me in the right direction.

#46 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by ronin alexsnder (7817 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome thanks alot G i couldnt have asked for a better link for real

#48 Posted by ronin alexsnder (7817 posts) - - Show Bio

hey does the vine have a story arc for the house of M and if not can someone shoot me a good link if they have one

#49 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by ronin alexsnder (7817 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.