Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

The New/Young X-mens

• 57 results
    iMarvelBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By iMarvelBoy

What happened to them?! Before the whole schism event and even before Utopia back at the school we had a great set of young x-men. Anole, Dust, Rockslide, Hellion, Mercury, Loa, Pixie, Blindfold, Trance, Elixir and the rest I'm sure I'm missing out. I loved these charatcers as young new potenial x-men. I know some of them are at the jean grey school but they had so much going for them! Feels like they have just been hidden away under all these new powered mutants. I enjoyed their dynamics and how they worked together. I really hope we get to see more of them, the young x-men who should have taken the title of the new x-men team. *fingers crossed wolverine and the x-men gets better*

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JohnnyGat

Fingers crossed any of them get more exposure than what they have now.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By dangallant984

@iMarvelBoy: I'd love to see those characters get their own book again, it really does seem like the thing that's missing from the X-titles right now.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

I don't see any of the mutants who stuck around on Utopia to join Wolverine's school nor do I want them to either. No offence but the writers for WaTX don't give any depth to the student characters. Hellion's the douche that he was back in Academy X issue #1, Anole is back to being behind Rockslide, Quinten is the same and Oya is the new X23 "we're all monsters" get over it.

That being said, I'd like to see what the hell happened to Surge, Dust, Elixir, Prodigy, Loa, Pixie, Transonic, Gabe, Blindfold and Trance. I mean if Young Avengers get their own book I'm sure the X-Fans would like to see this group get their own book. Yost's run on them was amazing and I'm sure now that they're older there will be a lot more story lines to run by them.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By HAWK2916

Maybe they can travel back in time to when Xavier was around be a new x-team for him. lol

iMarvelBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iMarvelBoy

@IllyanaRasputin: I love young avengers! I definitely would buy in to a comic like that!

I hate Quinten, Oya and broo. They can burn in a fire.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By judasnixon

I rather blame the X-Editors than Jason Aaron on this, but I don't think will get another New X-Men book as long as we have WatXM. Marvel most likely doesn't want to have two young X-Men books out at the same time, even those WatXM hardly has any of them in it.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DarkxSeraph

Gah. Don't get me started on how they FUBARed Hellion.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By John Valentine

@judasnixon said:

I rather blame the X-Editors than Jason Aaron on this, but I don't think will get another New X-Men book as long as we have WatXM. Marvel most likely doesn't want to have two young X-Men books out at the same time, even those WatXM hardly has any of them in it.

Why blame the editors? I'm pretty sure Jason Aaron's not forced to use Broo, Idie and Quentin. Nor was he forced to make that sh!ty kids Hellfire Club.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DarkxSeraph

When I saw the new 'Hellfire Club'... talk about ridiculous.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By judasnixon
    @John Valentine: Yeah point taking... 
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By John Valentine

@judasnixon said:

@John Valentine: Yeah point taking...

The Bamfs are also really annoying.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DarkxSeraph

But they do like whiskey.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By John Valentine

@DarkxSeraph said:

But they do like whiskey.

I'd love for Kyle and Yost to come back, take over WaTXM and have half of Aaron's cast die.

Maybe then Hellion, Surge, Anole, Mercury, Dust and Rockslide will get some love.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

The reason there is no Young X-Men is because that is the exact reason the Jean Grey School broke away from Utopia

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DarkxSeraph

Exactly, John.

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By unicornpuncher

I loved all these characters and they are what got me back into reading comics after 10+ years. I was sad to see the New Xmen book go down the tubes so quickly. It really was the best young mutant book out of all of them.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By John Valentine

@unicornpuncher said:

I loved all these characters and they are what got me back into reading comics after 10+ years. I was sad to see the New Xmen book go down the tubes so quickly. It really was the best young mutant book out of all of them.

I'd say it's probably second to/on par with New Teen Titans as my favourite teen super-hero book of all time.

IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

I just don't understand how a book like New X-Men could be gone and something like Avengers Arena could be launched... *angry face* I admit I am reading Avengers Arena but it's come to the point where I don't want to buy the next issue because I feel like it's just a big waste of money. As for New X-Men I just wanted to keep reading and reading. Blah.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DarkxSeraph

Yeah. New X-Men was an incredible book, imo. Character growth was natural and not forced. The relationships were dynamic and played very well. I haven't even picked up Avengers Arena... I've already heard enough negatives to not care.

The problem is, Marvel ditched a teen book that was amazing for one that would get quick money (assumed to get it, anyway-shock value and all: oh, look... they will die, one by one!).

Way to trade long-term readership for short term cash liquidity.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By John Valentine

@IllyanaRasputin said:

I just don't understand how a book like New X-Men could be gone and something like Avengers Arena could be launched... *angry face* I admit I am reading Avengers Arena but it's come to the point where I don't want to buy the next issue because I feel like it's just a big waste of money. As for New X-Men I just wanted to keep reading and reading. Blah.

I get it too. I don't hate Avengers Aren but I don't think it's anything amazing.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DarkxSeraph

You hate it. Admit it. Join the darkside.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By John Valentine

@DarkxSeraph said:

You hate it. Admit it. Join the darkside.

It's better than Avengers Academy, Generation Hope and Young X-Men, IMO. So, pretty much any teen book we've had since New X-Men.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#24  Edited By papad1992

U do NOT want me to go off on this topic!!! I'm always complaining/arguing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

@John Valentine: Agreed. I only read the end of Avengers Academy because of the AvX crossover, and read the last few issues because I assumed it would lead up into Avengers Arena. That being said. Avengers Academy was not the best and neither was Generation Hope. However, Generation Hope did have potential but the plot revolved around Hope too much. I enjoyed the other characters, more or less Pixie and Gabriel's relationship and also the dude who tried killing Hope :) If only he ended up doing it...

Retro_Metro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Retro_Metro

It would be nice to see more of them even though there so many characters around.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#27  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I agree. I really miss the New X-Men and I can't believe that none of the current X-Men books are giving them any kind of attention.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PrinceIMC

Just because they put an emphasis on protecting their students doesn't mean that those students aren't going to find themselves in dangerous situations regularly. Look at the original New Mutants or Generation X, they weren't meant to go on adventures at first but they still had plenty of action. There does need to be a book where the kids are the focus not the teachers and I'm not talking about Idie and Sharkgirl....maybe Genesis. I like him.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#29  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@PrinceIMC said:

Just because they put an emphasis on protecting their students doesn't mean that those students aren't going to find themselves in dangerous situations regularly. Look at the original New Mutants or Generation X, they weren't meant to go on adventures at first but they still had plenty of action. There does need to be a book where the kids are the focus not the teachers and I'm not talking about Idie and Sharkgirl....maybe Genesis. I like him.

I agree. I hope the future X-Men storylines actually goes over this fact so that way the students could be the focus of the stories for once.

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
    RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RaggedScarecrow

New X-Men was the first comic book I ever bought. Marvel reaaaaaaaaaally needs to bring New X-Men and Runaways back, asap. How many more Wolverine Solo books do we need anyway?

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#31  Edited By lorex

I agree the younger X-Men as a group have been neglected and only occasionally a writer will use one of them when needed. I think there should be more used of them in Wolverine and the X-Men and maybe there could be more interaction with original five in All New x-Men. Whats really needed is a title focusing on them but I think the problem is outside the original five and Hope Wolverine is doing all he can to keep the young X-Men out of danger and that would make it difficult to to have a title with those restrictions.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dangallant984

@lorex said:

I agree the younger X-Men as a group have been neglected and only occasionally a writer will use one of them when needed. I think there should be more used of them in Wolverine and the X-Men and maybe there could be more interaction with original five in All New x-Men. Whats really needed is a title focusing on them but I think the problem is outside the original five and Hope Wolverine is doing all he can to keep the young X-Men out of danger and that would make it difficult to to have a title with those restrictions.

those restrictions could be easily written around, now that Storm is in charge of the X-men. Wolverine fought for Kitty to be an X-man when she was 14, and trained Jubilee when she was even younger. With Storm in charge, I'm sure he'd have a little more trust in who was being sent on missions..

CerealKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CerealKiller

their so wasted being out of the spotlight, such good characters! I loved reading about the girls especially since they just felt relatable. Pixie, mercury, armour. Plus dust and x-23 and rockslide and anole. I miss seeing them regularily : (

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DarkxSeraph

I miss the old New X-Men team. They just kinda dropped them, screwed Hellion over, and removed Laura completely from the equation (probably to try to boost numbers for AA). Huzzah, Marvel.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

The multiple of X-men is X-men.

In the X-men franchise characters will appear and disappear for long periods of time (decades, even), often simply because the writers don't feel like using them. The Young X-men might show up at practically any moment; keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By dangallant984

@PrinceIMC said:

yeah, I kinda think that's the only kind of X-book they're missing right now.

@Squares said:

In the X-men franchise characters will appear and disappear for long periods of time (decades, even), often simply because the writers don't feel like using them. The Young X-men might show up at practically any moment; keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

that is a really good point, but most of the characters you could use as examples started out when there were only one or two books. Then again, if none of the dozen writers they have wants to use a character, why force it?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By danhimself

Academy X/New X-men was one of my favorite X-books ever and I would love to see a new series BUT I would only want that series if it were being written by Kyle and Yost....Young X-men was a massive disappointment

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DarkxSeraph

@danhimself said:

Academy X/New X-men was one of my favorite X-books ever and I would love to see a new series BUT I would only want that series if it were being written by Kyle and Yost....Young X-men was a massive disappointment

Because the whole premise of that book was terrible.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#39  Edited By McKlayn

call me old, but i miss my Generation X days :D

Chamber, Husk, Skin, Jubilee, Penance, Synch & M they were great

also had the adds ons like Mondo (who is so awesome and was under used even then) Maggot, Geia(not sure on spelling), the St Criox Twins, Franklin, Leech so many and the teachers Emma & Banshee

Great Run Lobdell was the man! and thats when i fell in love with bachelo's art

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By dangallant984

@McKlayn: I think I stopped reading it regularly after the first year, but I'm still very fond of the first few arcs. I was surprised the other day to find out that I still have the first few issues. And yeah, Bachalo was really good then.

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By unicornpuncher

Generation X was horrible after the first year and feels a lot like WATXM is now.

New Xmen was great because it was gritty and had alot of action, not just 25 pages of "we're awkward teens"

As for Avengers Arena, I picked it up out of curiosity and am loving it. Then again, I was never a big fan of runaways, so I dont care who dies. I think its a great idea and solid read though

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By dangallant984

@unicornpuncher said:

Generation X was horrible after the first year and feels a lot like WATXM is now.

New Xmen was great because it was gritty and had alot of action, not just 25 pages of "we're awkward teens"

Yeah, Generation X started out strong, but it did get pretty silly.

And you're probably right that that's what they were going for with WatX-men, knowing how nostalgic people are for that series. They even started it out with Bachalo, and they've already had an appearance by Howard the Duck. Actually, that may have been my favourite issue. Still, between AvsX crossovers and Franken-clowns, this series has not really been what I had hoped it would be.

Issue 24 was pretty satisfying, though.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PrinceIMC

I liked Generation X up until they killed off Synch. Not because they killed off Synch but they were clearly trying to do something edgy with them with Revolution and were trying to keep them from getting canceled.....didn't work.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DarkxSeraph

And now they have super-synch: Hope Summers. The pointless wonder.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Lol @ the immense love Kyle and Yost's NXM is getting. Lol no. It was good, but strayed way off the category of what a young X-Book should be.

The definitive teen title of last decade was Academy X: New X-Men written by Weir and DeFillipis. THAT'S what's been wasted.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DarkxSeraph

"Lol @ the immense love Kyle and Yost's NXM is getting. Lol no. It was good, but strayed way off the category of what a young X-Book should be."

O'rly?

This book was awesome, imo. Dealt with some cool themes between characters-- had natural, organic character growth, involved some interesting twists on Villains (the stryker/nimrod scenario was interesting, I thought), had the team grow and work together as a team instead of just angsty teens all the time, etc, etc.

It was a great run. Academy X was... alright.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Mutant God

Blindfold is on X-Men: Legacy and I think Pixie is going to be on another X-Men book as for the rest the only ones that are shown are the ones that are close to Wolverine

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@DarkxSeraph: Everything you've listed, was present all before, and then some. "Instead of just angsty teens" ? They are angsty teens. With NXM, imo, you didn't really have a teen X-Book, you had just another X-Book which just so happened to have teenagers as the main cast. When the former writers got kicked off, Kyost turned the series into a slasher flick, debuting with some act of racial genocide. And further carried that habit on into their X-Force run. I for one don't think a teen X-Book needs the baggage of near-death moments every splash-page for every other arc and i don't think this is what constitutes and enjoyable series, because with that logic their run was not a streak further from the infamous AA.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Mutant God: Pixie AND Roxanne Washington.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mutant God

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Mutant God: Pixie AND Roxanne Washington.

What?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.