The last book I read was Second Coming. Now what??

#1 Posted by giantarms (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Please keep in mind I like TRADE PAPERBACKS ONLY. I literally haven't touch anything since Second Coming. (Well, I did get one random Generation Hope book). But nothing beyond that, not even Schism. Not even Uncanny X-Force.

I've saved up enough money to buy roughly 10 trade paperbacks. So, could you guys name me in chronological order, what are the 10 most CRUCIAL paperbacks that have come out since Second Coming? I'd love to keep up with the best plotlines out there and maybe dabble in Uncanny X-Force too, since it sounded cool. I just have no idea where to start.

#2 Edited by tomchu (533 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny X-Force Dark Angel Saga Pt 1 and 2.

Wolverine and the X-Men (Vol. 1,2,3,4 etc)

Those are my recommendations.

EDIT:

If you are looking backwards too, then New X-Men (Grant Morrison's run), Messiah Complex are pretty good too.

#3 Posted by MarvelGrey (251 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say that you check out Uncanny Xmen Regensis Hardcover. There is also the Uncanny X-men Fear itself it collects the final issues of Uncanny X-men before the renumbering. Not much has happened recently, i'm not gonna reccommend Schism so it's on youtube if you want to read it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.