The future looking bright for the X-Men

#1 Posted by time (5172 posts) - - Show Bio

I think comics are finally going to get better later this year

In Avengers Vs X-Men, issue 11, which comes out in September

Emma fights Scott. I also heard in the event that Hope will be fighting Scarlet Witch and it looks like the Jean Grey Institute may get destroy.

Gambit gets his own series, which will come out August. I'm sure most people know this

Uncanny X-Force gets new members. Anyone know who the woman is in the picture above. It looks Stacy X or Marrow. Not sure though

Magneto offers Rogue something, that's leaves her speechless

What do you guy think and what are you looking forward too? Could it be the end for Emma and Scott. I think the final chapter of Avengers vs X-Men will be Hope fighting Scarlet Witch. Should be interesting.

#2 Edited by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope that the Emma/Scott relationship doesn't end as IMO they're great together but if it does end it better not be Scotts goddamn fault! He's got a bad enough reputation as it is lol.

Hope fighting the Scarlet Witch will be very interesting but the majority of the fight will be in AVX Vs so that's already a negative. I'm more interested in what will cause them to fight in the first place.

With Magneto and Rogue meeting up they could be renewing their relationship especially if Gambits solo series is set in the present but so far x-men legacy is disappointing me with all the long monologues Rogue keeps having (the rest of the team are more like side characters) so I don't have any high hopes for the series.

Has Wolverine only got one claw out on each hand in that cover? Why?

#3 Posted by Dman1366 (799 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you sure that they school will get destroyed? I talked to Aaron for a while at the denver comic con and he said that they are running WatX for a while

#4 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dman1366 said:

Are you sure that they school will get destroyed? I talked to Aaron for a while at the denver comic con and he said that they are running WatX for a while

You know how it goes, it gets destroyed in the fight but will be rebuilt.

Emma and Scott Fighting we shall see...

Rogue and Magneto... I don't see them getting married but then again stranger things have happend (Gwen and Norman Osborn)

#5 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hareil0079 said:

@Dman1366 said:

Rogue and Magneto... I don't see them getting married but then again stranger things have happend (Gwen and Norman Osborn)

Mutant schools have a terrible reputation for being destroyed, didn't the majority of it get destroyed by the hellfire kids? Honestly the school has been rebuilt so many times i've lost track (it's been destroyed more times than Jean has died for crying out loud!).

#6 Posted by Dman1366 (799 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2 said:

@Hareil0079 said:

@Dman1366 said:

Mutant schools have a terrible reputation for being destroyed, didn't the majority of it get destroyed by the hellfire kids? Honestly the school has been rebuilt so many times i've lost track (it's been destroyed more times than Jean has died for crying out loud!).

it does happen a lot. You think they would quit building a mansion and a security system, which never works, and start just doing it out of temp buildings hahahahah

#7 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4149 posts) - - Show Bio

that girl doesnt look like marrow it looks like no-girl

In avx 11 it says someone dies..........heres a look at avx 12....oh and did emma frost go dark phoenix???

in issue 10 hope and the scarlett join forces why would they fight each other? unless hope has to sacrifice her life to reverse the scarlet witch's spell (of no more mutants)

#8 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm personally hoping Cyclops betrays the other Phoenix Five for the greater good of all life and fights them with the Avengers at his back. But that's hoping against hope.

#9 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Eugh, the idea of Rogue and Magneto actually getting married is so damn horrible.

#10 Posted by Mercy_ (91871 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

Eugh, the idea of Rogue and Magneto actually getting married is so damn horrible.

Yup

#11 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

Is it any worse than the rest of AvX?

#12 Posted by Lifeguard (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny X-Force gets new members. Anyone know who the woman is in the picture above. It looks Stacy X or Marrow. Not sure though

This is E.V.A., Fantomex's ship in humanoid form. She's in New X-Men story "Here Comes Tomorrow".

#13 Posted by Rickbarry (1853 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: I've been hoping against Hope since second coming. Bahaha. I'm hilarious.

I seriously doubt Scott would go from leading the charge against The Avengers to shielding them. The only members of the Phoenix five that I could actually see jumping sides would be Emma or Piotr.

#14 Posted by EternalGrandMaster (173 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lifeguard: DEad on..I've recently read the New Xmen story line and couldn't put my finger on it cause that timeline was Erased by Jean...But that does look like E.V.A's Humaniod Form..What happens to Fantomex?!?

#15 Edited by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

@TheCrowbar: I've been hoping against Hope since second coming. Bahaha. I'm hilarious.

I seriously doubt Scott would go from leading the charge against The Avengers to shielding them. The only members of the Phoenix five that I could actually see jumping sides would be Emma or Piotr.

He's the only one who's had experience wielding godlike powers, from his merger with apocalypse and he's been on the receiving end of beings with godlike powers. I think the Phoenix 5 is going to go astray with their power and snap Cyclops back and force him to be the leader he needs to be.

Edit:

Also Cyke isn't using his phoenix powers on the cover it's his optic blast.

#16 Posted by Rickbarry (1853 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: Yeah, but Scott has shifted from being the leader that we remember. He's much more of an idealist these days.

#17 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF?! Rogneto is still a thing?

#18 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1361 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE:

By the looks of that cover I'd say no it's a male silhouette on the cover. But then cover's are never good thing's to go by.

#19 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

The X-Men are terrible now. Almost irreparable. None of these things will be good. None of them look good. 

#20 Posted by Dernman (15745 posts) - - Show Bio

Rumor is Bendis is taking over an X-Men book that's going Bi-Weekly. Heh good luck.

#21 Posted by VampireSelektor (746 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing's irreparable.

#22 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

Rumor is Bendis is taking over an X-Men book that's going Bi-Weekly. Heh good luck.

As long as it's not X-Men, I'm good.

#23 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

The X-Men are terrible now. Almost irreparable. None of these things will be good. None of them look good.

I disagree.

#24 Posted by BlackPookie (624 posts) - - Show Bio

wheres that first cover from? when will it be released???

i just posted something on magneto foruns about rogue and magneto...

guess they are taking care of it!!! SUPER!

#25 Posted by daredevil21134 (12647 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Jean Grey back

#26 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4149 posts) - - Show Bio

@oraclefyre said:

WTF?! Rogneto is still a thing?

@oraclefyre lol....maybe magneto's the one who dies in avx #11.....paying for wanda's sins

spider-phoenix???lol that would be funny and lame

:

#27 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@Rickbarry said:

He's the only one who's had experience wielding godlike powers, from his merger with apocalypse and he's been on the receiving end of beings with godlike powers. I think the Phoenix 5 is going to go astray with their power and snap Cyclops back and force him to be the leader he needs to be.

Edit:

If Cyclops does die at the end of this event he better go out as a goddamn hero! He's had so much crap thrown at him recently it would be a nice change if he came out as the undisputed hero.

#28 Posted by XsPectre28 (739 posts) - - Show Bio

if jean doesnt return(tear) she will convince scott that what he is doing is wrong.... maybe Emma has been manipulating events... i mean she had her eye on the PF way back during the Dark Phoenix Saga..... maybe all of this is happening because of when she became the phoenix the first time & she learned that the only way to control it was to divide it.... first trial... her daughters!!!!

#29 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

@XsPectre28 said:

if jean doesnt return(tear) she will convince scott that what he is doing is wrong.... maybe Emma has been manipulating events... i mean she had her eye on the PF way back during the Dark Phoenix Saga..... maybe all of this is happening because of when she became the phoenix the first time & she learned that the only way to control it was to divide it.... first trial... her daughters!!!!

Character development would state otherwise. Emma has proven to be a valued X-Man. They may not like her, but she's proven herself.

#30 Posted by BlackPookie (624 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: ohhh i hope magneto doesnt die... but then again, i hoped the same for batman and He died... and come back again... i that hapens its just a matter of time!

#31 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35016 posts) - - Show Bio

None of this looks good IMO

#32 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

That X-Men: Legacy cover is vomit inducing.

#33 Posted by KainScion (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2 said:

@TheCrowbar said:

@Rickbarry said:

Edit:

If Cyclops does die at the end of this event he better go out as a goddamn hero! He's had so much crap thrown at him recently it would be a nice change if he came out as the undisputed hero.

no, he will die and live on in the history books as the ultimate DOUCHE.

#34 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

I disagree.

+1

X-Factor and Uncanny X-Force are some of the best books going (They're also completely seperate from events for you AvX whiners). Wolverine and the X-Men/ Uncanny X-Men are good too. Legacy is ok, the new AoA while different is pretty enjoyable. I've heard Wood's doing good stuff on the Ultimates and X-Men.

#35 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion: Whenever anyone calls Cyclops a douche this must be posted. IT IS THE LAW!

#36 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

@HotSauceCommittee said:

@John Valentine said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

I disagree.

+1

X-Factor and Uncanny X-Force are some of the best books going (They're also completely seperate from events for you AvX whiners). Wolverine and the X-Men/ Uncanny X-Men are good too. Legacy is ok, the new AoA while different is pretty enjoyable. I've heard Wood's doing good stuff on the Ultimates and X-Men.

VERY good stuff, mind you.

#37 Posted by KainScion (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2: cyclops is a douche. post it puppet post it. MUAHAHAHAA!

#38 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

ERY good stuff, mind you.

Meh…...

#39 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Meh…...

Go read some Uncanny. >.>

You have no idea how long i've been waiting for Security Recon/X-Men to get a saving grace, let me revel in it.

#40 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Meh…...

You have no idea how long i've been waiting for Security Recon/X-Men to get a saving grace, let me revel in it.

Gladly. Each to his own. I'll give you that it's better than Legacy and Astonishing X-Men.

#41 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Meh…...

Gladly. Each to his own. I'll give you that it's better than Legacy and Astonishing X-Men.

I don't understand Astonishing anymore, is it a team Cyclops or Team Wolverine book? Does it switch between the two and if so, how often?

As for Legacy, after Regenesis I thought it was going to focus on a team of Rogue, Frenzy, Rachel Grey and Gambit but all it ever is is Rogue having a monologue about her feelings and past experiences every couple of panels.

#42 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2 said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Meh…...

I don't understand Astonishing anymore, is it a team Cyclops or Team Wolverine book? Does it switch between the two and if so, how often?

As for Legacy, after Regenesis I thought it was going to focus on a team of Rogue, Frenzy, Rachel Grey and Gambit but all it ever is is Rogue having a monologue about her feelings and past experiences every couple of panels.

Didn't exactly think it was better than Rogue, hmm. Astonishing, I'm not exactly a big fan of. I've said it before and I'll say it again: it should have been a Young X-Men/New X-Men type of book, focusing on the younger generation, both Astonishing and this f*cking dumb revamp of Exiles are a complete waste of space.

To answer your question, Astonishing is Team Wolverine until Liu get's kicked off, which, by the looks of it, isn't exactly anytime soon.

Gage said on Twitter after the next couple of issues, the title will actually focus on that team, IOW, it'll be renamed from Rogue back to X-Men Legacy.

#43 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

Astonishing, I'm not exactly a big fan of. I've said it before and I'll say it again: it should have been a Young X-Men/New X-Men type of book, focusing on the younger generation, both Astonishing is a complete waste of space.

Approved!

#44 Posted by MarvelGrey (243 posts) - - Show Bio

If Bendis ends up on Uncanny i'm dropping that so soon, which is sad too because Gillen hasn't even been on for that long. To be honest I think it's gonna be for X-Factor it's the only book that hasn't had a writer change in a great while and i'd hate to see that happen. Hopefully they give him Gambit because then I wouldn't mind and it would get cancelled anyways (it's harsh but true). Give him Astonishing actually because that book is awful either way Liu shouldn't be given projects.

#45 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

No, it is not. -_-

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.