Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

The fate of X-force...

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Now that both X-force teams are merged into one, do we have hope that the title will return to it's former glory? Because Humprie's X-force was really a huuuuuuuugeee let down. It has soo much potential and failed to deliver. He really should have just titled it a Psylocke solo.

Anyways, who is happy to see Marrow back!? :D She should help give X-force a fresh revived flare to the series.

Question: Did Marrow get repowered due the more mutants powered from the Phoenix and AvX events or what?? Because I know she lost her powers post Mday.

personz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By personz

I'm both happy to see Marrow and sad to see Puck gone.

It's also probably safe to assume pretty much every depowered mutant has there stuff back after AvX

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like this X-Force, it's got psylocke and fantomex (which i'm personally tired of seeing) but it's a cool read and the art fits especially when their inside of their base.

No to Marrow.... this week issue alludes to Marrow getting powers back through mysterious means. Dr Nemesis says she doesnt even have an X-gene

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

AVX did not repower depowered mutants Period, none of them. It only created new ones.

I am SICK of Fantomex didnt like him in morrison's run and haven't got very fond of him since.

I am glad to see Marrow on the team, very cool to have her aboard.

I am disappointed in the departure of alot of characters, domino, bishop, Puck, Spiral, boom boom, i actually liked both rosters so really said to see over half of them dropped off in limbo.

Not a fan of the art.

I can only HOPE it goes back to some glory, the group seems decent (could do without psylocke / fantomex dynamic) the writing was ok enough, just want to see how it progresses from there you know? I am a big fan of "orbit" X teams (Xforce, xfactor, xcalibur, gen x, ect.) So i am really cheering for it, normally they add some lower tier characters that i really like and develope them in ways that editorially you cant do the big names (Cyclops, storm ect) So lets hope we get some of that in this book, its also one reason id like to see them drop Psylocke, shes too big of a name she gets plenty of attention can we please get a few other characters from limbo in the book lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I doubt it will top Remender's X-Force, but it can't be worse than Humphries'.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I hate the inclusion of Fantomex. The characters is just ridiculous and for Marvel to keeep shoving the guy down our throats is just hilarious to me. I find Psylocke's inclusion funny as well since she's supposed to be against killing. Honestly Im having trouble seeing the reason behind the kill-squad idea and the premise behind this incarnation.I mean do we really still need a kill-sqaud? And if so then where's Wolverine the so-called best at what he does? I think I would also prefer that Cable use a bunch of C and D-listers instead of Psylocke on this. I'd even be cool with Cable using mostly villains for the wetwork stuff with might even be an interesting dynamic or premise that of a so-called hero using a team of villains to accomplish his goals and save his people.

tomasmaclgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

I hate the inclusion of Fantomex. The characters is just ridiculous and for Marvel to keeep shoving the guy down our throats is just hilarious to me. I find Psylocke's inclusion funny as well since she's supposed to be against killing. Honestly Im having trouble seeing the reason behind the kill-squad idea and the premise behind this incarnation.I mean do we really still need a kill-sqaud? And if so then where's Wolverine the so-called best at what he does? I think I would also prefer that Cable use a bunch of C and D-listers instead of Psylocke on this. I'd even be cool with Cable using mostly villains for the wetwork stuff with might even be an interesting dynamic or premise that of a so-called hero using a team of villains to accomplish his goals and save his people.

I'm sold on the idea. It takes the anti-hero to a whole new level.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#9  Edited By McKlayn

@hawk2916 said:

i like that idea best, Cable will sell the book on his own get others that need spotlight with him

the second idea isnt bad though

zrhodahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this title could be great, but I really think they need to swap out a few characters on the roster. Psylocke is ok, but i think they should get rid of Fantomex, and maybe Marrow. I'd swap those two out for Deadpool and Forge. Maybe even add a few others like Longshot and Nate Grey.

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@zrhodahero: We are on opposite ends of the spectrum. Marrow drew me to this series and Deadpool, Forge, Longshot, or Nate Grey would draw me right out.

zrhodahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zrhodahero

@selina_sublime: I can respect that. I don't really mind marrow, she's ok. Fantomex really gets on my nerves, though. However, i really think the team would be awesome with the addition of Deadpool and Forge. The Cable and Deadpool series was amazing, those two work great together. Forge and Nemesis really have great interactions as well.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By adamTRMM

Humphries' "X-force" had absolutely no potential, it shouldn't even have to be called this way to begin with, there's nothing X-force in this lineup, even Betsy after she swore no-kill-ever-again. So they tried to take a ride on supposedly "best/most popular" part of Remender's UXF - Betsy + Fantos, which was already a grave mistake. Anyway, the best part of this book was Dexter Soy's art, absolutely nothing about the story.

Now, Spurrier's X-force is also begins with a questionable lineup (Psylocke and Fantos together again? dam) and I'm not that big fan of Cable actually, but after Legacy I believe in Spurrier, two first issues weren't fascinating, yet I like how he manages to criticize the X-franchise sub-intentionally, he did this in Legacy and continues right here, it will all depend if he also has a great story to backup this intentions I already like. So I'm in, just give me Warpath and I won't ask for more in a couple of issues.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By HAWK2916

Yeah so far Spurrier's Xforce is missing some people and having Fantomex is really irking me. I hear someone might be dying soon and I hope its Fantomex. I really dont know if I care one way or the other about Cable to tell the truth. The character does nothing for me really.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Yeah so far Spurrier's Xforce is missing some people and having Fantomex is really irking me. I hear someone might be dying soon and I hope its Fantomex. I really dont know if I care one way or the other about Cable to tell the truth. The character does nothing for me really.

True, the lineup is more than questionable, though I'm 100% OK with Cable replacing Wolverine, mostly can't say the same about the rest of them. A new character seems interesting, I'm also OK with Marrow, but that Fantos and Psylocke who create dissonance in my head, they shouldn't be here. It also kinda weird how Marvel didn't use the perfect cover advertising like they had with CAXF, I mean just by looking at this lineup I already wanted to get that book:

...but then when look at the recent team, you see absolutely nothing new or exciting (though I was really disappointed with CAXF). I think one of the most fascinating concepts of X-Force since K/Y was the lineup, they gave us stabbers and cutters with some minor addition of guns and a death-touch. Then Remender gave us highly associated with the X-world mercs and a telepathic ninja, with other extensions as the story moved on. I mean these dynamics in a lineup were part of this strike-team's charm (not considering story-wise), I think that's the problem with the new one, for now it gave us almost nothing new to be excited about.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

THANK GOD EVERYONE DISAPPROVES OF FANTOMEX! (I thought I was the only one!)

I felt like Fanotmex, Cluster-- and all that other crap really hurt Humpries run-- bad.
    We wanted to see Storm, Psylocke, Puck, and Spiral-- Not Psylocke's Booty Calls & Three-ways in Paris...
    So much potential and HORRIBLE Execution.

Cable
    Marrow
    Are good.
    Psylocke can stay if they find a purpose that works for her that goes above kicking butt and witty dialogue.
    Fantomex needs to go to Deadpool books or something-- Marvel NEEDS to remove him form X-force AND Wolverine & the X-men NOW!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.