Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

The Death of...Wolverine?

• 56 results
    Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Cutter

The Death of Wolverine

Marvel announce the death of Wolverine...I'm sure for those of you who are sick of him will be happy to hear this...check the link. Another character for the grave.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

:( So what your telling me is that in this 4th quarter we get to finally see what Wolverine really meant to all the characters, as they talk about how awesome he was, and the writers get an excuse to put him in books all over Marvel while increasing sales due to the Wolverine connection. Which is different from every other wednesday because? smh this is a bad idea, and after 2 years of bad september->december events i'm just not seeing this as anything other then a unwanted interruption in storylines.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

:( So what your telling me is that in this 4th quarter we get to finally see what Wolverine really meant to all the characters, as they talk about how awesome he was, and the writers get an excuse to put him in books all over Marvel while increasing sales due to the Wolverine connection. Which is different from every other wednesday because? smh this is a bad idea, and after 2 years of bad september->december events i'm just not seeing this as anything other then a unwanted interruption in storylines.

I agree with you...I'm not happy either. This was so unexpected to me. But of course...this is Marvel. Probably down the road...we will find out that his healing factor isn't really gone, but dormant, or just really slow. So he will sloooooooooowwlllyyyy heal and claw his way out of the grave.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

@koays said:

I agree with you...I'm not happy either. This was so unexpected to me. But of course...this is Marvel. Probably down the road...we will find out that his healing factor isn't really gone, but dormant, or just really slow. So he will sloooooooooowwlllyyyy heal and claw his way out of the grave.

I'm almost positive that this is how he is going to come back. Some big attack on the school and he digs his way out of the grave and says a one liner

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Wolverine dieing, well I guess it had to happen eventually, and I am sure Marvel will milk it for all its worth. I just hope that when and hopefully it is a while from now when he does come back, that character is not divided between so many titles. I have always felt with the sheer amount of titles that he is in that they can never be a clear and concise voice for the character because there are so many different writers trying to put their own unique spin on the character.

Spider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death's a jobber.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Because he's going to stay dead for more than a year? :s lol

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By adamTRMM

A year without Wolverine will be at least refreshing.

drunkenpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah another gimmick. How long is Logan going to stay dead? At the most it will be like another Superior Spider-Man thing where it lasts for at a max a year.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@adamtrmm said:

Avatar image for howard_the-duck
    Howard_The-Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should last for about a year, just look at Superior Spiderman and how long that lasted.

Poze11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMFG No............not Wolverine...........this is crazy. Wolverine about to face his death? Oh no this is out of control. This is crazy. Wolverine is a very well known popular character. I'm not happy nope not at all.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

omg, what will happen to wolverine and the x-men title? i think prof x, rogue, wolerine and another one who will die next will all be resurected by jean when she comes back. the 4 will be her entourage/sidekicks. phoenix5 picture dejavu

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Honestly though, Soule is a great writer and the idea is to have Wolverine be awesome have a star studded cameo filled epic story that makes Wolverine question his morality and die.

Besides the dying part it sounds pretty awesome, no?

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Is it sad that everytime I see that Marvel/DC plans on "killing" a character, I automatically start thinking how they're going to resurrect them?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Honestly though, Soule is a great writer and the idea is to have Wolverine be awesome have a star studded cameo filled epic story that makes Wolverine question his morality and die.

Besides the dying part it sounds pretty awesome, no?

When you put it that way, I'm kind of not pissed. Could be good if Soule avoids the campy nonsense that has been haunting Wolverine this past year. Got my fingers crossed.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Yeah, I would be optimistic. It's going to show Wolverine through different times showcase all of his major villains and allies. It has a great artist on the project and Soule is usually always solid.

Soule also said it will have some epic fights.

Edit: From the C2E2 panel with soule talking

The event itself will take place over four weeks in September from Soule and McNiven. "It's going to hit really fast and really hard," Soule said. "It gets bigger and bigger and bigger...and at the ending Wolverine does die, but that's not really what the book was about. The book is about how Logan confronts the idea of his own mortality."

"Each of the four issues has a slightly different focus. It's a focus on a different time period of Logan's adventures...and on a different type of Logan," Soule said noting the Madripoor secret agent version and the X-Men superhero take will all be reflected on in the series amongst other parts of his past. "I want to look at Logan and his fighting style in ways that haven't been done before."

The writer added that he knew that if he did his job, this would be a story that would be part of the character's canon forever – a prospect that was both exciting and daunting.

The story begins when many of Wolverine's villains learn about the loss of his healing factor and come at him in waves with the true mastermind hidden. "There are some guest stars and guest villains...but it's not just a checklist. It's more of a really cool, flowing adventure with lots of cool fights. Issue #2 has like four sweet fights."

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Yeah, I would be optimistic. It's going to show Wolverine through different times showcase all of his major villains and allies. It has a great artist on the project and Soule is usually always solid.

I'm still on the fence as to whether he'll really "die". I kind of have the feeling that Marvel just means that metaphorically, he'll be a completely new being after all of this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill said:

I'm still on the fence as to whether he'll really "die". I kind of have the feeling that Marvel just means that metaphorically, he'll be a completely new being after all of this.

That could either turn out better, or much, much worse.

Spider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill said:

@wolverine08's soon to be favorite story.

No Caption Provided

ahhahaha

Peter Parker is back, it's time for Marvel's second most popular hero to die. Watch out in 2016 Hulk fans!

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:
    @dagmar_merrill said:

No Caption Provided

ahhahaha

Peter Parker is back, it's time for Marvel's second most popular hero to die. Watch out in 2016 Hulk fans!

why do u have to be so mean :'( Marvel is wasting all there talent on stupid plot devices

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-man said:

@wolverine08 said:
    @dagmar_merrill said:

No Caption Provided

ahhahaha

why do u have to be so mean :'( Marvel is wasting all there talent on stupid plot devices

I kinda already see it happening with the recent Hulk issue by Waid and Bagley. But then again who knows. hahahahaha

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Wolverine008
    Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine is going to die? Oh well good. I think he need to rest for a while, but I'm surprise they pick Wolverine to sent to the grave. Well that's cleverness.

Frozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another character to put to death? One of the most iconic characters in comic books? This is strange enough from Marvel. Now who will lead the children? I'm hoping Marvel won't try to kill Wiccan because they already did it with his mom and older's aunt.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, well, I'm not surprise. I knew it was coming soon or later. Poor Wolverine. Ever since XM and Avengers interaction, those writers took his character to the curve (including Rogue and Havox). But I also wouldn't be surprise about his forthcoming. This is Marvel and always will be. I'd love to C how Wolverine get his life back. I truly can't believe what these writers been doing with these icon characters. They're killing them, misleading them, destroying them, making them look like a fool, just by joining the Avengers. I can imagine how many Avengers fans R making fun of it cuz this is hilarious.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By HAWK2916

Hasnt the story about his enemies learning about the loss of his healing factor and coming after him been done already?!! Anyway I cant say Im really upset about this. Over the last few years his character has been butchered. He's been over exposed and written inconsistently, so having a bit of a break from him would be great. He should stay in the shelf until an actual good writer with good stories and understanding of a character comes along. By the way why does everyone except Jean Grey and Nightcrawler die and come back within a year. In fact I still maintain that death is so cheap in comics and I almost question why even do this. You could have the same effect by putting the guy in a coma instead of killing him when we all know it wont stick. I swear creativity is just about dead in this day and age

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

I swear creativity is just about dead in this day and age

SBT :'[

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Hasnt the story about his enemies learning about the loss of his healing factor and coming after him been done already?!! Anyway I cant say Im really upset about this. Over the last few years his character has been butchered. He's been over exposed and written inconsistently, so having a bit of a break from him would be great. He should stay in the shelf until an actual good writer with good stories and understanding of a character comes along. By the way why does everyone except Jean Grey and Nightcrawler die and come back within a year. In fact I still maintain that death is so cheap in comics and I almost question why even do this. You could have the same effect by putting the guy in a coma instead of killing him when we all know it wont stick. I swear creativity is just about dead in this day and age

This.

Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's already dead and now enter The Logan Legacy.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Loading Video...

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes he is more likely coming back. I'm happy to see Daken being part of Logan Legacy. Same with Mystique and X-23. Do you guys ever wonder who's the guy with the mask? Hmmm (spoiler?).

Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Starr

The mask guy does make me wonder. Here's an image

No Caption Provided

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starr said:

No Caption Provided

Hmm....so Batman sent Red Hood to stop Wolverine from ripping off his death?

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Heh that's what I thought at first, guessing that's Ogun.

Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@starr said:

No Caption Provided

Lol.

At first I was thinking it might be Wolverine behind that mask. But looking at it well, it seems to be Deadpool with a new costume and his lovely swords. I don't know... It's just speculation. But then again, look at his hands, they're look like 3 little claws lol.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who ?

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speculation is that that guy could be Ogun. Soule said he has plans for him

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@adamtrmm said:

Agreed.
    There was too much Wolverineploitation, close to the Bruceploitation (Bruce Lee)

Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galerion said:

Could be, but it this is confirm? Not sure just asking. I only started to read issue 1

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starr said:

@galerion said:

Could be, but it this is confirm? Not sure just asking. I only started to read issue 1

Nope. It's only speculation based upon his appearance an that Soule said that he has plans for Ogun.

It's not confirmed.

Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galerion said:

@starr said:

@galerion said:

Nope. It's only speculation based upon his appearance an that Soule said that he has plans for Ogun.

It's not confirmed.

Oh O.K. But you might be right. It could be Ogun.

4U2NV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neat cool awesome nice. Im getting this $h%t. I started reading Magneto.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Cutter

@starr said:

No Caption Provided

Yup...and here it is. I don't think Wolverine is dead...well...I don't know (well for sure he's coming back). At the end it only showed him kneeing down with his body all melted. I literally like the Logan Legacy...especially with X-23 in it. Did you notice they called this bald guy Prof-X...lol.

DeconDevilDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DeconDevilDoom

ha they'll never keep him dead trust me

PurePleazure4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they keep him resting for a while. He is coming back, but the question is... when. They kept Jean Grey in that stupid hot room (or dead) for such a long time which is almost a decade. I hope they wont do the same thing with Wolverine, but to at lease let him rest. I'm sure he's coming back. And once he does, I wish for him to become the leader of the XM. Wolverine at lease think and care for the students. Never want to risk them. He rather take everything on his own and not let any kids involve. At lease that's a really good leader to begin with.

Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Starr

@cutter said:

@starr said:

No Caption Provided

Yup...and here it is. I don't think Wolverine is dead...well...I don't know (well for sure he's coming back). At the end it only showed him kneeing down with his body all melted. I literally like the Logan Legacy...especially with X-23 in it. Did you notice they called this bald guy Prof-X...lol.

Yes, I know. Have you got the chance to get the Death of Wolverine: Life After Logan #1? If not, you should.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.