Summers family connection

  • 71 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Weapon-Alpha (140 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only person thats want to see the Summers' family like come together and actually show a family connection because i feel like they have not really done anything with it like maybe Havok treating Rachel like a niece or Scott treat her like the Daughter she is or have the Nathans work together or have all 3 of the kids work together and at least act like some form of a family.

#2 Posted by Avenger85 (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah that would be totally badass. They all can have their own comic called "The Summers" lol.

Would be hilarious.

#3 Posted by havoc1201 (522 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree scott is the mutant leader and he cares so much about his species but maybe he should pay attention to Rachel or at least acknowledge her Marvel always used the "kids" as plot turns but never did anything with them in the manner of the Summers family.

#4 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing as how Rachel is at the JGS, she probably isn't too happy with Scott. Scott and Alex will probably run into one another in Uncanny Avengers, so we'll see about that... and Cable's doing his 'fugitive' thing in Cable and X-Force, so he probably won't be around any time soon.

As for Nate Grey, Scott was nothing more than a DNA donor.

#5 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkxSeraph: Actually Scott and Jean treated him (nate grey) very favorably in X-Man some years ago. Actually it really reminded me of how they used to treat Christopher as a child in X-Factor honestly. Sad for cable...

#6 Edited by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

To be fair to Cyclops, technically only Cable is actually his kid, and he did travel to the future to help raise him.

Rachel and X-man aren't. not really.

#7 Posted by Avenger85 (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984: Eh, IMHO Rachel is Scott's daughter, even from an alternate dimension.

#8 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenger85: 616 Cyclops never had a daughter.

you're using the same logic that Wolverine entertained to scare young Scott, in All New X-men. Young Scott never killed Xavier, and current Scott never had a daughter.

#9 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984: (and @Avenger85:) Off hand, this is the EXACT reason why writers need to have a modicum of foresight to prevent alternate reality bleed through. I think Cyclops 616 is the same in every reality as he has killed all the other Scott Summers so he can become ...the One (who will impregnate everyone). lulz.

#10 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@chasereis: haha! sometimes I really can't tell if your joking or not, but that was pretty good..

#11 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984: Well I was joking about the one thing, but Scott really wants to impregnate everyone. KIDDING

#12 Posted by DarkDay (634 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984 said:

@Avenger85: 616 Cyclops never had a daughter.

you're using the same logic that Wolverine entertained to scare young Scott, in All New X-men. Young Scott never killed Xavier, and current Scott never had a daughter.

This she is true, but the same could be said of Nightcrawler. And he loved TJ. I remember that during New Excalibur she mistakenly calls him Daddy he's just flattered, plus he's okay with her calling him that and actually he and Scott talk about it shortly there after for bonus that being ironic points.

#13 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkDay said:

@dangallant984 said:

@Avenger85: 616 Cyclops never had a daughter.

you're using the same logic that Wolverine entertained to scare young Scott, in All New X-men. Young Scott never killed Xavier, and current Scott never had a daughter.

This she is true, but the same could be said of Nightcrawler. And he loved TJ. I remember that during New Excalibur she mistakenly calls him Daddy he's just flattered, plus he's okay with her calling him that and actually he and Scott talk about it shortly there after for bonus that being ironic points.

just because he's flattered does't make it true. I'm just saying that whatever hypothetical connection Rachel and Cyclops have, is just that; and not really what I like about either of them anyway.

#14 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

Rachel Summers.

#15 Posted by Veitha (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984 said:

To be fair to Cyclops, technically only Cable is actually his kid, and he did travel to the future to help raise him.

Rachel and X-man aren't. not really.

Exactly. I don't understand why people see them as a father and his daughter, or why Marvel writes them this way. Cable is his only son.

#16 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veitha said:

Exactly. I don't understand why people see them as a father and his daughter, or why Marvel writes them this way. Cable is his only son.

exactly! thank you!

#17 Posted by Veitha (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984: Don't mention it :)

#18 Posted by Weapon-Alpha (140 posts) - - Show Bio

So if you travel to a separate reality and in that one someone else was born instead of you and you met the guy that was your father in your reality and he was more or less the same guy you wouldnt think of him as your father because you werent born even though in the other reality he is your father?

i will say that Cable and X-Man shouldnt really be seen as brothers more than just the same guy but i like to think of them as a kind of twins.....even if one is considerably older haha

on a side note can someone tell me when Rachel started going by Grey instead of summers because if it was recent it would be understandable

#19 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@Weapon-Alpha: When the Grey family was wiped out by the Shi'Ar...

#20 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio
So if you travel to a separate reality and in that one someone else was born instead of you and you met the guy that was your father in your reality and he was more or less the same guy you wouldnt think of him as your father because you werent born even though in the other reality he is your father?

Just... stop and think about what you just asked. It's okay... we'll wait...
#21 Edited by DarkDay (634 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984 said:

@DarkDay said:

@dangallant984 said:

@Avenger85: 616 Cyclops never had a daughter.

you're using the same logic that Wolverine entertained to scare young Scott, in All New X-men. Young Scott never killed Xavier, and current Scott never had a daughter.

This she is true, but the same could be said of Nightcrawler. And he loved TJ. I remember that during New Excalibur she mistakenly calls him Daddy he's just flattered, plus he's okay with her calling him that and actually he and Scott talk about it shortly there after for bonus that being ironic points.

just because he's flattered does't make it true. I'm just saying that whatever hypothetical connection Rachel and Cyclops have, is just that; and not really what I like about either of them anyway.

Oh I agree. I'm just saying that it isn't an unheard of circumstance.

Edit: I also think I'm saying that Nightcrawler was much cooler about this. XD

#22 Posted by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkDay said:

@dangallant984 said:

@Avenger85: 616 Cyclops never had a daughter.

you're using the same logic that Wolverine entertained to scare young Scott, in All New X-men. Young Scott never killed Xavier, and current Scott never had a daughter.

This she is true, but the same could be said of Nightcrawler. And he loved TJ. I remember that during New Excalibur she mistakenly calls him Daddy he's just flattered, plus he's okay with her calling him that and actually he and Scott talk about it shortly there after for bonus that being ironic points.

Exact point I was gonna mention!

#23 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: that doesn't make it any less contrived.

#25 Posted by Avenger85 (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger: I'd buy a "The Summers" comic for the lulz & general awesomeness.

#26 Posted by DarkDay (634 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

The Summer family being all together at once would just be too much awesome to contain.

It would be cooler with the alternate reality members that no one ever mentions.

#27 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkDay said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

The Summer family being all together at once would just be too much awesome to contain.

It would be cooler with the alternate reality members that no one ever mentions.

as much as I'm against this idea in principal, I would love to see some more of Ruby Summers!

#28 Posted by DarkDay (634 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984 said:

@DarkDay said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

The Summer family being all together at once would just be too much awesome to contain.

It would be cooler with the alternate reality members that no one ever mentions.

as much as I'm against this idea in principal, I would love to see some more of Ruby Summers!

XD I like her, and honestly as long as we don't get bogged down in alternate dimension soap opera, I'm okay with it in principal.

#29 Posted by The_Goddess_of_Chaos (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkDay said:

@dangallant984 said:

@DarkDay said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

The Summer family being all together at once would just be too much awesome to contain.

It would be cooler with the alternate reality members that no one ever mentions.

as much as I'm against this idea in principal, I would love to see some more of Ruby Summers!

XD I like her, and honestly as long as we don't get bogged down in alternate dimension soap opera, I'm okay with it in principal.

lol comicbooks will always be like a soap opera to me :)

#30 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Goddess_of_Chaos said:

lol comicbooks will always be like a soap opera to me :)

and that, in one sentence, is why I have such little interest in the Summers' family connection.

#31 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@Weapon-Alpha: I really like this jdea, The Summers family has avoided being close for TOO long! And it's about time they realized this!

#32 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@infonation said:

@Weapon-Alpha: I really like this jdea, The Summers family has avoided being close for TOO long! And it's about time they realized this!

except that to do so effectively would be to write almost all of them out of character. And by all of them I mean Cyclops, Havoc, and Cable, because that is all of them.

#33 Posted by slimlim (266 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see a family gathering. Although i'm not sure about them all "getting along".

Cyclops and Havok having sibling issues. Havok being in his brother's shadow and now being at odds with him because of AVX.

Cable may be Cyclops only REAL offspring, but the two have been clashing heads since his 90s X-Force days. I dont remember whether he voiced any disapproval regarding Emma, but Jean was the closest thing to a Mother as "Redd", and im sure the psychic affair wldnt have gone down too nicely.

Rachel, while not 616 Cyclop's REAL daughter, was more or less "adopted" by them. and we know for sure she's got some daddy issues regarding the affair with Emma Frost.

While Cyclops is numero uno in the Summers family, i would actually like to see more of how the rest of the family feel about EACH OTHER. We've seen glimpses with Cable & X-Force running into the Uncanny Avengers, but nothing extensive. Does Rachel harbour a resentment for Cable for being a real sibling? Does Havok try to be a father figure to Rachel now that Cyclops has gone renegade? Do any of the Summers even CARE about Nate Grey? (i know i dont)

#34 Edited by time (5173 posts) - - Show Bio

With Jean back, then maybe they can find a way to reunite them all. A summers title would be great.

#35 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimlim said:

Cable may be Cyclops only REAL offspring, but the two have been clashing heads since his 90s X-Force days. I dont remember whether he voiced any disapproval regarding Emma, but Jean was the closest thing to a Mother as "Redd", and im sure the psychic affair wldnt have gone down too nicely.

I really don't see why Cable would give a toss about his father's love life; he's a grown ass man with his own problems, and it's not really any of his business.

#36 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

If it happened, it won't happen any time soon, since Marvel are using Cyke as their villain scapegoat of the week.

Maybe in 10 years once the dust of this sh*storm of awful has settled.

#37 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimlim: Honestly Marvel is really inept at writing family matters in any real capacity especially in X-Titles. Hell when Corsair died did Scott even cry once? I sure as hell don't remember that happening, I remember Havok getting upset about it and Scott being all robot like and saying "Flatscans must die" or something to that effect.

I would actually want to pay 3.99 an issue if they can get a long term writer and artist on board. Otherwise they will just f*** it up.

#38 Edited by Avenger85 (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

I want a Summers Brothers team up. Bring Vulkan back from the dead, and make him sane, then Scott, Alex & Gabriel make their own team.

The Summers Brothers Ass-Whooping service. They are gonna kick so much ass, it's gonna be epic. Not even a Phoenix Force-powered Galactus would be able to stop them.

#39 Posted by Imperius_Rex (452 posts) - - Show Bio

YES! Idk why marvel loves family drama so damn much it's stupid I have three brothers and were so close. We kick eachothers asses all the time but we go have a beer and play video games afterwards. Maybe marvel fears they would be way too unstoppable. Became they would be a serious force to be reckoned with. Sinister would cum in his pants to get them all together in a room.

#40 Posted by Avenger85 (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imperius_Rex: No.

Sinister and Apocalypse would piss their pants at the mere mentioning of the SUMMERS BROTHERS ASS WHOOPING SERVICE.

#41 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

Vulcan... Gabriel, was a horrible character and I'm very, very glad they killed him.

As for Sinister... the man wasn't even afraid of a Phoenix powered team that he purposely drew to himself. The Summers brothers alone wouldn't make him nervous in the slightest.

As for Apocalypse... he was hardly afraid, either. Captured them both for the Twelve storyline.

#42 Posted by Avenger85 (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkxSeraph: Thats cuz the 3 of them were never given a chance to get together and kick some serious ass.

Marvel knows its gonna be too badass for it's own good so they avoided that team-up.

#43 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkxSeraph said:

Vulcan... Gabriel, was a horrible character and I'm very, very glad they killed him. As for Sinister... the man wasn't even afraid of a Phoenix powered team that he purposely drew to himself. The Summers brothers alone wouldn't make him nervous in the slightest. As for Apocalypse... he was hardly afraid, either. Captured them both for the Twelve storyline.

It's important to note that that was in an arc produced by some of the worst writers in the history of comics, so everything that happened should really be regarded as non-canon.

Agreed on the other points though. Vulcan was so awful. Bloody Brubaker.

#44 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

Ironic. One of the writers is an Eisner award winner.

#45 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio
@DarkxSeraph: Thats cuz the 3 of them were never given a chance to get together and kick some serious ass. Marvel knows its gonna be too badass for it's own good so they avoided that team-up.

This comment is so cute I wish I could frame it.
#46 Posted by Avenger85 (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkxSeraph: Please do.

#47 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkxSeraph said:

Ironic. One of the writers is an Eisner award winner.

So is Jeph Loeb. And he wrote Ultimatum.

A single award does not a writer make.

#48 Posted by DarkDay (634 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Goddess_of_Chaos said:

@DarkDay said:

@dangallant984 said:

@DarkDay said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

The Summer family being all together at once would just be too much awesome to contain.

It would be cooler with the alternate reality members that no one ever mentions.

as much as I'm against this idea in principal, I would love to see some more of Ruby Summers!

XD I like her, and honestly as long as we don't get bogged down in alternate dimension soap opera, I'm okay with it in principal.

lol comicbooks will always be like a soap opera to me :)

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

If it happened, it won't happen any time soon, since Marvel are using Cyke as their villain scapegoat of the week.

Maybe in 10 years once the dust of this sh*storm of awful has settled.

Both of these have pretty strong points. Though I'd point out to @The_Goddess_of_Chaos that if you look at anything that deals in people and their interpersonal relationships, it eventually feels a little soap opera if only because despite the soap opera being the gross exaggeration of all things human, they still encapsulate the human condition. Well at least on occasion. XD

#49 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

You know avenger, it's hard to tell if you're just being silly or actually serious when you say these things. I like to give you the benefit of the doubt and hope you're just being silly.

#50 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

"So is Jeph Loeb. And he wrote Ultimatum.

A single award does not a writer make.
"

Touche.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.