Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Submit your questions to Jeff Lemire!

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
    EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EarthsMightiest

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/submit-your-x-position-questions-for-jeff-lemire

Also the current X-Editors answer questions:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/x-position-x-editors-bring-the-x-men-into-all-new-all-different-marvel

This week, X-Men editors Daniel Ketchum and Christina Harrington return to X-POSITION and answers your questions about everything from "Extraordinary X-Men" to "Old Man Logan" and beyond.

CBR News: Welcome back to X-POSITION, X-Editors!

Daniel Ketchum: Hello! X-Men editor Daniel Ketchum here, along with assistant editor Christina Harrington. We're very excited to be here for this week's X-Position... especially as we're on the cusp of debuting our all-new line of "X-Men" titles. We have lots of exciting surprises in store, so let's see if we can answer your questions without spoiling them!

I like the sound of that! Let's kick things off with a question from Steven about the big Terrigen Mist storyline.

I was wondering what the difference this new dilemma with the Terrigen Mists will be from the "no more mutants" extinction threat the X-Men just escaped from. And given the effects of the mist, should we fear some off-panel deaths of certain sidelined and unmentioned X-Men?

Christina Harrington: The No More Mutants event at the end of "House of M" was instantaneous and it happened without a lot of the mutants knowing why it was happening or how. With the Terrigen Mists, this is a physical threat that most mutants know about. Rather than a "magical" and instant event, this new threat by the Mists is much more drawn out and visual -- it will have political ramifications between the Inhuman and the Mutant communities and out into the larger Marvel U.

Ketchum: That's really the biggest difference, isn't it? The Terrigen Mists spell doom for mutantkind, while serving as the catalyst for everything that makes the Inhumans what they are. So even though the X-Men are racing to save their species, they're going to need to tread carefully...

Next up txgohan has a question about representation in the X-Men.

One of the things that I loved about the X-Men is the diversity within their ranks. But I noticed that in the three team books being released, there aren't many minorities on the lineup. I've only seen Storm, M, and Psylocke. Will the cast become more diverse later on?

Ketchum: Thank you for raising this question, txgohan! Representation of minorities is definitely something that I'm keenly aware of...

The oncoming writers of the All-New, All-Different "X-Men" titles crafted their team rosters based on theme, choosing characters that fit the mission statements of their books. Jeff Lemire has a classic lineup in "Extraordinary X-Men," which resembles the team from "Giant-Size X-Men" #1 in its global, multicultural feel (and will even more so come issue #6!). In "Uncanny X-Men," Cullen Bunn went for our... let's say... morally ambiguous characters. And Dennis Hopeless rounded out "All-New X-Men" with characters who are determined to step out of their predecessors' shadows and write their own futures.

And while doing this, they did a wonderful job keeping their eyes on diversity. You name Storm, M, and Psylocke. There's also Idie Onknonkwo in "All-New X-Men." Veteran X-Man Forge is in the cast of "Extraordinary." There is at least one gay character in the mix. (Wink!) We also have an abundance of blue characters? And, of course, we have a time-traveling Canadian... Hi, Jeff Lemire!

So, yes! Pretty diverse casts when the curtains open, and they'll certainly become increasingly so as we go...

For the first time in recent memory, a lot of headlining X-Men characters will be appearing in non-X-Men books, and Anduinel has a question about that development.

There's been quite a bit of character-sharing among the different Marvel families post-"Secret Wars," and the X-Men haven't been excluded from that: Beast is running with the Inhumans, Kitty Pryde with the Guardians, Rogue and Sunspot are with the Avengers and so on. Are there any other titles on the horizon that, while not specifically X-Men books, might be of interest to X-Men fans?

Harrington: I know I'm personally very interested in "New Avengers," if only because Hulkling and Wiccan are on that team. I love Billy and Teddy (and Gerardo Sandoval's art and Al Ewing's writing, and basically everything about that book, to be honest)! Rogue will be on the "Uncanny Avengers" team, so if you're a Rogue fan (like myself!) that'll be a book you'll want to grab.

Ketchum: I moonlight as an Avengers editor, so I'm all too happy to point you to "Uncanny Avengers" and "A-Force"! Rogue will be playing a much bigger part in this iteration of "Uncanny" (just wait until you see the cover for issue #5!). And "A-Force" will feature Dazzler, as well as some guest appearances by other X-characters down the road.

This is the first time in a while that every X-Men team book goes by a variation on the title "X-Men," which CraigTheCylon points out.

Is there any hope for the return of any "satellite" teams, like X-Factor, X-Force, Excalibur x-cetera? I do acknowledge that the "Extraordinary," "All-New" and "Uncanny" teams are wildly different in roster and aims, but they're still all "X-Men" and I'm kind of a sucker for variety if nothing else.

Ketchum: Well, our current line-up of X-Titles is "Extraordinary [X-Men]," "All-New [X-Men]," "Uncanny [X-Men]," "Old Man Logan," "All-New Wolverine" and "[X-Men] '92." (I feel like I'm forgetting one... ?) I promise they are indeed wildly different from one another! No immediate plans to add more X to the plate at the moment, but that's not to say there won't be more titles involving X-characters...

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am banned from CBR, so it doesn't matter

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I am also banned from CBR, but here's what I would ask:

Why is Marvel destroying everything I love?

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I could ask anything, it would be: "With all of your brilliant creativity shown in The Valiant, Plutona, and Descender, why are you lowering your standards with this overly done 'Mutant Extinction' story line?"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.