Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Storm & Colossus vs. War Machine

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By unicornpuncher

Did anyone else think that the fight between these three was totally off? It showed War Machine to be able to take on both Storm and Colossus pretty effortlessly, which seemed like a boatload of fooey to me.

Storm would have easily short circuited his armor easy with her first bolt.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Think about it this way, if Storm or Colossus DID manage to pawn him as easily as they could...then there would be much to the story then would there ? i mean at least Pete did manage to pound WM's head in a couple of times.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By fodigg

@unicornpuncher: I don't think it would've been that easy. I'm sure he's insulated his suit against lightning strikes or he'd be pretty stupid. That said, he did seem throw his weight around a little too easily.

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
    deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1 - It was a really short fight so there was not much room to play out all sides, it was kind of just thrown in for show. If it was allowed to play out it would be an epic fight.

2 - It was a hero vs hero fight so neither side is really putting their all into it as that would risk really hurting one another.

3 - Storm's lightning bolts would likely do just about nothing considering the armors ability to absorb energy combined with insulation, she is more likely to recharge his power cell than do any real damage.

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Colossus tanked some attacks nicely and landed some nice blows. But as WMV said, they are heroes so they were not going all out.

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By unicornpuncher

Storm should have taken off his mask and pimpslapped him at the very least.

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By madrid_san

Colossus was in the process of handing WM his ass. If he had more panel time, Rhodes would be suitless.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unicornpuncher said:

Storm should have taken off his mask and pimpslapped him at the very least.

- It's a helmet, not a mask

- I think Storm would be smart enough not to try

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madrid_san said:

Colossus was in the process of handing WM his ass. If he had more panel time, Rhodes would be suitless.

- Let me guess, your assuming WM would be stupid enough to go toe to toe instead of unload on Colossus from the air where he was untouchable. I would agree that the writer would make this happen, as little sense as it makes, because that's what they keep having Iron Man do vs the Hulk.

- If this fight were to really play out , Storm gets KO'd considering anything in WM's arsenal can take her out in one hit, her lack of defense makes this a bad matchup for her. With Colossus natural powers augmented by Jugg's WM is not going to be able to take him down unless he pounds on him for a real long time, if at all (Pete has not had the powers long and its too early to really gauge his new capabilities). IMO it ends up a draw and the surrounding area looks like downtown Detroit.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @WarMachineMarkV: Good posts.
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@WarMachineMarkV said:

@madrid_san said:

- Let me guess, your assuming WM would be stupid enough to go toe to toe instead of unload on Colossus from the air where he was untouchable. I would agree that the writer would make this happen, as little sense as it makes, because that's what they keep having Iron Man do vs the Hulk.

- If this fight were to really play out , Storm gets KO'd considering anything in WM's arsenal can take her out in one hit, her lack of defense makes this a bad matchup for her. With Colossus natural powers augmented by Jugg's WM is not going to be able to take him down unless he pounds on him for a real long time, if at all (Pete has not had the powers long and its too early to really gauge his new capabilities). IMO it ends up a draw and the surrounding area looks like downtown Detroit.

You make some good points about all three characters, but lets not get carried away.

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By unicornpuncher

Storm could have called a tornado that would have messed up WM's ability to aim and fly, therefore making him grounded and susceptible to Colossus.

Other than that I am out of ideas, other than MEGA HAPPY SUNSHINE ATTACK!!!!!!!! But totally agreed. Storm's lightning and wind wouldnt be good to deal with war machines lasers unless she really kicked up the wind to high level attacks and had the preemptive strike.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13  Edited By lorex

Lighting is not the entire extent of Storms powers, she does control the all aspects of the weather and if she was going for the kill she probable would bace been more effective.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By chiq

Colossus sits there and takes everything WM has. WM has two options, fly away or lose all his energy and drop like a rock. Once on the ground the last thing he sees is a big metal fist or foot right before he gets squashed like a bug.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By jhazzroucher

@madrid_san said:

Indeed though the advantage of War Machine is that he can fly. But for a fact that we all know how powerful one is obtaining the power of cytorrak, WM would lose.

I also believe that Storm can win against WM alone. That wasn't the strongest lightning she could summon.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@jhazzroucher said:

@madrid_san said:

Indeed though the advantage of War Machine is that he can fly. But for a fact that we all know how powerful one is obtaining the power of cytorrak, WM would lose.

I also believe that Storm can win against WM alone. That wasn't the strongest lightning she could summon.

Lightning's a non-factor in this battle.

xerogod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xerogod

@unicornpuncher said:

Did anyone else think that the fight between these three was totally off? It showed War Machine to be able to take on both Storm and Colossus pretty effortlessly, which seemed like a boatload of fooey to me.

yea, cuz colossus could go head on with juggernaut or hulk before being severely weakened, its just the writer tryna give war machine his 5 minutes of fame

xerogod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xerogod

@WarMachineMarkV: i doubt it, storm does not wish to kill war machine, they just wanna cause a distraction

and storms wind could have deflected his lasers, or she cudda just grabbed his suit and drained its energy, or cause a natural emp, or overloaded his system with more lightning or energy that it can handle because it is still a machine, or she cudda ask colossus to break up a whole lot of rocks and sent them flying at war machine as tho they were missiles, however, they were not trying to kill WM..just distract him

& colossus cudda just went ham on WM and turn him into trashcan without any problem if he wanted to truly battle them

so don't over do it, be real and rational about it now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AgeofHurricane said:

@WarMachineMarkV said:

@madrid_san said:

You make some good points about all three characters, but lets not get carried away.

- How am I getting carried away? She has no defensive powers, any of his weapons would kill her unless he dialed down the power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xerogod said:

@WarMachineMarkV: i doubt it, storm does not wish to kill war machine, they just wanna cause a distraction

and storms wind could have deflected his lasers, or she cudda just grabbed his suit and drained its energy, or cause a natural emp, or overloaded his system with more lightning or energy that it can handle because it is still a machine, or she cudda ask colossus to break up a whole lot of rocks and sent them flying at war machine as tho they were missiles, however, they were not trying to kill WM..just distract him

& colossus cudda just went ham on WM and turn him into trashcan without any problem if he wanted to truly battle them

- I am actually embarrassed for you if this is what you have to offer, I'm not even going to bother answering this other than I found you saying her wind would bend his lasers to be hilarious, I would sue your science teacher for fraud.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By butterflykyss

@unicornpuncher said:

yes i did... highly disappointed

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@WarMachineMarkV said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@WarMachineMarkV said:

@madrid_san said:

- How am I getting carried away? She has no defensive powers, any of his weapons would kill her unless he dialed down the power

On the contrary she does, Pressure Domes to be exact. No, they do not take as much time as you'd think for them to be brought into action.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KainScion

oh my god !!! storm is NOT invincible. stop it already. the only one that could have taken WM down was pete. 1 blast to the face and the "goddess" goes splat.

xerogod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xerogod

@WarMachineMarkV said:

@xerogod said:

- I am actually embarrassed for you if this is what you have to offer, I'm not even going to bother answering this other than I found you saying her wind would bend his lasers to be hilarious, I would sue your science teacher for fraud.

she bent cyclops optic blast which knocked mjnoir out of thors hand..cyc was aiming to kill storm not stun her, oh yea and im referring this from worlds apart.....and i based my comment off of evidence shown in the past and facts about iron man 2.0 suit

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

pfft heroes, solving every problem with their fists...and lightning bolts

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By unicornpuncher

I think Storm and War Machine should have had a walk off to declare the winner. Strut!!!!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jhazzroucher

Storm has fast reactions. she could have avoided WM's attack or block it with lightning.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

Storm has fast reactions. she could have avoided WM's attack or block it with lightning.

- Her natural reactions versus a multi-million dollar targeting system that has been shown to be pre-programmed with all combat data on every hero and villain Tony Stark knows of...I'm going to go out on a limb and say my money is on the targeting system

- Particle beams, unibeams, sonics, etc versus lightning, yep, still taking War Machine

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jhazzroucher

@WarMachineMarkV said:

@jhazzroucher said:

- Her natural reactions versus a multi-million dollar targeting system that has been shown to be pre-programmed with all combat data on every hero and villain Tony Stark knows of...I'm going to go out on a limb and say my money is on the targeting system

- Particle beams, unibeams, sonics, etc versus lightning, yep, still taking War Machine

is War Machine joining the x-men?

Avatar image for yumyumbubblegum
    yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

It's true that Storm could possibly disable War Machines armor with a natural EMP, but to think that Tony has not upgraded the Jim's armor for such a scenario is ridiculous. When the Winter Soldier tried to apply an EMP pulse onto the extremis armor, all Stark did was shut down his armor before the EMP activated. Once that was over he just rebooted. As to why he did not do this against Thor? I have no idea. Storm's powers have always made her a support-type hero. Colossus/Juggernaut vs War Machine on the other hand is a whole different story. Rhodey, coming from an army background would start of with aerial bombardment, an eventually realize that Piotr is too much for him to handle. Jim would retreat and ask Stark for an upgrade before he would try going toe to toe with Piotr.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jhazzroucher

and Storm defeated Doom's doombots easily.

No Caption Provided
    yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

@jhazzroucher: I'd like to see how she goes against Doom himself, or Stark for that matter. Plus T'Challa was able to tear through them in Doomwar.....

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jhazzroucher
    No Caption Provided

@yumyumbubblegum said:

@jhazzroucher: I'd like to see how she goes against Doom himself, or Stark for that matter.

yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

@jhazzroucher: Doom is not impressed :D

He doesn't want anything to do with her lol.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jhazzroucher

@yumyumbubblegum said:

@jhazzroucher: Doom is not impressed :D

He doesn't want anything to do with her lol.

Storm was not amused. : )

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yumyumbubblegum said:

It's true that Storm could possibly disable War Machines armor with a natural EMP, but to think that Tony has not upgraded the Jim's armor for such a scenario is ridiculous. When the Winter Soldier tried to apply an EMP pulse onto the extremis armor, all Stark did was shut down his armor before the EMP activated. Once that was over he just rebooted. As to why he did not do this against Thor? I have no idea. Storm's powers have always made her a support-type hero. Colossus/Juggernaut vs War Machine on the other hand is a whole different story. Rhodey, coming from an army background would start of with aerial bombardment, an eventually realize that Piotr is too much for him to handle. Jim would retreat and ask Stark for an upgrade before he would try going toe to toe with Piotr.

1 - The Iron Man / War Machine armor have been shown to EMP resistant in varying degrees through the years. Sometimes they are immune, other times vulnerable when they need to be taken out by a lazy writer. As far back as the Silver Centurion armor (20 years old) the EMP shielding was good enough that Magneto could not even effect it in any way, over time this resistance is not going to get worse as technology improves. If Magneto could not hurt an old suit, Storm is not going to affect the more advanced current one.

2 - Natural EMP (such as from lightning) is a lot less effective than the better known Nuclear EMP as the nuke is such a sudden high energy yield. This is why airplanes can get struck and in most cases fly just fine, and do not fall out of the sky on a regular basis. The idea that Iron Man has worse defenses than a 747 is laughable, we have EMP hardening in real life so Stark not having a much more refined version is hard to support. This is still not taking into account his force field or phasing ability which would shield/protect him further.

3 - Calling Storm just a support type combatant is not really fair, She has varied and powerful offensive and support abilities, it's just a lack of defense that keeps her from competing in many cases. Again this is just a bad matchup for her, there are many other powerful characters that she could throttle, this is just not one.

yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

@WarMachineMarkV said:

3 - Calling Storm just a support type combatant is not really fair, She has varied and powerful offensive and support abilities, it's just a lack of defense that keeps her from competing in many cases. Again this is just a bad matchup for her, there are many other powerful characters that she could throttle, this is just not one.

Well that's my point; she lacks any defense, which leaves her vulnerable. On most occasions, if she were to go one on one with a "super" human, she would probably lose.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By Roddy010

@yumyumbubblegum said:

@WarMachineMarkV said:

Well that's my point; she lacks any defense, which leaves her vulnerable. On most occasions, if she were to go one on one with a "super" human, she would probably lose.

The best defense is a good offense...Storm's powers is her defense....

@jhazzroucher: Stop posting unnecessary scans...It pollutes the thread....

yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

@Roddy010 said:

@yumyumbubblegum said:

@WarMachineMarkV said:

lolz. Are you quoting Hugh "Wolverine" Jackman from X3?

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#40  Edited By Roddy010

@yumyumbubblegum said:

@Roddy010 said:

@yumyumbubblegum said:

@WarMachineMarkV said:

lolz. Are you quoting Hugh "Wolverine" Jackman from X3?

Lol just realized that quote was in the movie...XP

warspectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By warspectre

@chiq: Exactly. jugg powered colossus should be the most physically powerful UNSTOPPABLE character , at least, on earth.

warspectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By warspectre

@jhazzroucher: AHAHAHA! I love it! SCHOOLED!

I love that you have a scan of storm trouncing doom!

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team work is factor here .. Team

FloLikeYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm Solo

She just use a Wind shield to Protect and then she just swallows his air to breathe, she easily take it. With Colossus together it is a stomp

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

If Collosus could keep warmachine busy for a sec. Storm could literally freeze warmachine whole in a block of ice.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm is powerful but not as powerful as her fans want her to be especially in a fight with an avenger. Marvel would clearly favor an avenger. Storm is one too but she is regarded as more of an X-Men.

Its like karnak defeating jean grey in a mindscape.

There are lots of ways storm could have won but her cards are attacks of fatality.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess this is a zombie thread, but I did not have much of an issue with this outcome. Kind of brief but these suits have tanked worse and the team here has advantages and disadvantages that makes them especially vulnerable in a fight against War Machine - one is a flying glass cannon fighting against an aerial combatant with direct offensive power and the other is a landbound armored opponent that could be outmaneuvered or avoided until it is time to take him out. The team just doesn't have the ability to effectively coordinate, especially with tactical overlays and on-board countermeasures. If the Sentinels had the capabilities of Iron Man and War Machine's armor, then mutants would be in big trouble. Was this done in the battle forum?

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yea the fight as I mentioned before was very poorly done. storm can deflect his blast with her winds. her powers specifically her winds based powers was enough to contain all on Sienna Blaze energy and this was a planet busting energy. Add to this she has created pressure domes within a instance of being crushed by a cave in and it was strong enough to bust through a mountain. So she has defenses writers just tend to write her down constantly. It's quite frustrating to watch but this was not the case most recently with Pak when he showed her deflecting bullets at point blank range.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.