Storm & Colossus vs. War Machine

#1 Posted by unicornpuncher (418 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone else think that the fight between these three was totally off? It showed War Machine to be able to take on both Storm and Colossus pretty effortlessly, which seemed like a boatload of fooey to me.

Storm would have easily short circuited his armor easy with her first bolt.

#2 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

Think about it this way, if Storm or Colossus DID manage to pawn him as easily as they could...then there would be much to the story then would there ? i mean at least Pete did manage to pound WM's head in a couple of times.

#3 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@unicornpuncher: I don't think it would've been that easy. I'm sure he's insulated his suit against lightning strikes or he'd be pretty stupid. That said, he did seem throw his weight around a little too easily.

#4 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

1 - It was a really short fight so there was not much room to play out all sides, it was kind of just thrown in for show. If it was allowed to play out it would be an epic fight.

2 - It was a hero vs hero fight so neither side is really putting their all into it as that would risk really hurting one another.

3 - Storm's lightning bolts would likely do just about nothing considering the armors ability to absorb energy combined with insulation, she is more likely to recharge his power cell than do any real damage.

#5 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus tanked some attacks nicely and landed some nice blows. But as WMV said, they are heroes so they were not going all out.

#6 Posted by unicornpuncher (418 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm should have taken off his mask and pimpslapped him at the very least.

#7 Posted by madrid_san (1805 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus was in the process of handing WM his ass. If he had more panel time, Rhodes would be suitless.

#8 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@unicornpuncher said:

Storm should have taken off his mask and pimpslapped him at the very least.

- It's a helmet, not a mask

- I think Storm would be smart enough not to try

#9 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@madrid_san said:

Colossus was in the process of handing WM his ass. If he had more panel time, Rhodes would be suitless.

- Let me guess, your assuming WM would be stupid enough to go toe to toe instead of unload on Colossus from the air where he was untouchable. I would agree that the writer would make this happen, as little sense as it makes, because that's what they keep having Iron Man do vs the Hulk.

- If this fight were to really play out , Storm gets KO'd considering anything in WM's arsenal can take her out in one hit, her lack of defense makes this a bad matchup for her. With Colossus natural powers augmented by Jugg's WM is not going to be able to take him down unless he pounds on him for a real long time, if at all (Pete has not had the powers long and its too early to really gauge his new capabilities). IMO it ends up a draw and the surrounding area looks like downtown Detroit.

#10 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@WarMachineMarkV: Good posts.
Moderator
#11 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarMachineMarkV said:

@madrid_san said:

Colossus was in the process of handing WM his ass. If he had more panel time, Rhodes would be suitless.

- Let me guess, your assuming WM would be stupid enough to go toe to toe instead of unload on Colossus from the air where he was untouchable. I would agree that the writer would make this happen, as little sense as it makes, because that's what they keep having Iron Man do vs the Hulk.

- If this fight were to really play out , Storm gets KO'd considering anything in WM's arsenal can take her out in one hit, her lack of defense makes this a bad matchup for her. With Colossus natural powers augmented by Jugg's WM is not going to be able to take him down unless he pounds on him for a real long time, if at all (Pete has not had the powers long and its too early to really gauge his new capabilities). IMO it ends up a draw and the surrounding area looks like downtown Detroit.

You make some good points about all three characters, but lets not get carried away.

#12 Edited by unicornpuncher (418 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm could have called a tornado that would have messed up WM's ability to aim and fly, therefore making him grounded and susceptible to Colossus.

Other than that I am out of ideas, other than MEGA HAPPY SUNSHINE ATTACK!!!!!!!! But totally agreed. Storm's lightning and wind wouldnt be good to deal with war machines lasers unless she really kicked up the wind to high level attacks and had the preemptive strike.

#13 Posted by lorex (954 posts) - - Show Bio

Lighting is not the entire extent of Storms powers, she does control the all aspects of the weather and if she was going for the kill she probable would bace been more effective.

#14 Posted by chiq (1940 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus sits there and takes everything WM has. WM has two options, fly away or lose all his energy and drop like a rock. Once on the ground the last thing he sees is a big metal fist or foot right before he gets squashed like a bug.

#15 Posted by jhazzroucher (15580 posts) - - Show Bio

@madrid_san said:

Colossus was in the process of handing WM his ass. If he had more panel time, Rhodes would be suitless.

Indeed though the advantage of War Machine is that he can fly. But for a fact that we all know how powerful one is obtaining the power of cytorrak, WM would lose.

I also believe that Storm can win against WM alone. That wasn't the strongest lightning she could summon.

#16 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@madrid_san said:

Colossus was in the process of handing WM his ass. If he had more panel time, Rhodes would be suitless.

Indeed though the advantage of War Machine is that he can fly. But for a fact that we all know how powerful one is obtaining the power of cytorrak, WM would lose.

I also believe that Storm can win against WM alone. That wasn't the strongest lightning she could summon.

Lightning's a non-factor in this battle.

#17 Posted by xerogod (205 posts) - - Show Bio

@unicornpuncher said:

Did anyone else think that the fight between these three was totally off? It showed War Machine to be able to take on both Storm and Colossus pretty effortlessly, which seemed like a boatload of fooey to me.

Storm would have easily short circuited his armor easy with her first bolt.

yea, cuz colossus could go head on with juggernaut or hulk before being severely weakened, its just the writer tryna give war machine his 5 minutes of fame

#18 Posted by xerogod (205 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarMachineMarkV: i doubt it, storm does not wish to kill war machine, they just wanna cause a distraction

and storms wind could have deflected his lasers, or she cudda just grabbed his suit and drained its energy, or cause a natural emp, or overloaded his system with more lightning or energy that it can handle because it is still a machine, or she cudda ask colossus to break up a whole lot of rocks and sent them flying at war machine as tho they were missiles, however, they were not trying to kill WM..just distract him

& colossus cudda just went ham on WM and turn him into trashcan without any problem if he wanted to truly battle them

so don't over do it, be real and rational about it now

#19 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@WarMachineMarkV said:

@madrid_san said:

Colossus was in the process of handing WM his ass. If he had more panel time, Rhodes would be suitless.

- Let me guess, your assuming WM would be stupid enough to go toe to toe instead of unload on Colossus from the air where he was untouchable. I would agree that the writer would make this happen, as little sense as it makes, because that's what they keep having Iron Man do vs the Hulk.

- If this fight were to really play out , Storm gets KO'd considering anything in WM's arsenal can take her out in one hit, her lack of defense makes this a bad matchup for her. With Colossus natural powers augmented by Jugg's WM is not going to be able to take him down unless he pounds on him for a real long time, if at all (Pete has not had the powers long and its too early to really gauge his new capabilities). IMO it ends up a draw and the surrounding area looks like downtown Detroit.

You make some good points about all three characters, but lets not get carried away.

- How am I getting carried away? She has no defensive powers, any of his weapons would kill her unless he dialed down the power

#20 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerogod said:

@WarMachineMarkV: i doubt it, storm does not wish to kill war machine, they just wanna cause a distraction

and storms wind could have deflected his lasers, or she cudda just grabbed his suit and drained its energy, or cause a natural emp, or overloaded his system with more lightning or energy that it can handle because it is still a machine, or she cudda ask colossus to break up a whole lot of rocks and sent them flying at war machine as tho they were missiles, however, they were not trying to kill WM..just distract him

& colossus cudda just went ham on WM and turn him into trashcan without any problem if he wanted to truly battle them

so don't over do it, be real and rational about it now

- I am actually embarrassed for you if this is what you have to offer, I'm not even going to bother answering this other than I found you saying her wind would bend his lasers to be hilarious, I would sue your science teacher for fraud.

#21 Posted by butterflykyss (3916 posts) - - Show Bio

@unicornpuncher said:

Did anyone else think that the fight between these three was totally off? It showed War Machine to be able to take on both Storm and Colossus pretty effortlessly, which seemed like a boatload of fooey to me.

Storm would have easily short circuited his armor easy with her first bolt.

yes i did... highly disappointed

#22 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarMachineMarkV said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@WarMachineMarkV said:

@madrid_san said:

Colossus was in the process of handing WM his ass. If he had more panel time, Rhodes would be suitless.

- Let me guess, your assuming WM would be stupid enough to go toe to toe instead of unload on Colossus from the air where he was untouchable. I would agree that the writer would make this happen, as little sense as it makes, because that's what they keep having Iron Man do vs the Hulk.

- If this fight were to really play out , Storm gets KO'd considering anything in WM's arsenal can take her out in one hit, her lack of defense makes this a bad matchup for her. With Colossus natural powers augmented by Jugg's WM is not going to be able to take him down unless he pounds on him for a real long time, if at all (Pete has not had the powers long and its too early to really gauge his new capabilities). IMO it ends up a draw and the surrounding area looks like downtown Detroit.

You make some good points about all three characters, but lets not get carried away.

- How am I getting carried away? She has no defensive powers, any of his weapons would kill her unless he dialed down the power

On the contrary she does, Pressure Domes to be exact. No, they do not take as much time as you'd think for them to be brought into action.

#23 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

oh my god !!! storm is NOT invincible. stop it already. the only one that could have taken WM down was pete. 1 blast to the face and the "goddess" goes splat.

#24 Posted by xerogod (205 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarMachineMarkV said:

@xerogod said:

@WarMachineMarkV: i doubt it, storm does not wish to kill war machine, they just wanna cause a distraction

and storms wind could have deflected his lasers, or she cudda just grabbed his suit and drained its energy, or cause a natural emp, or overloaded his system with more lightning or energy that it can handle because it is still a machine, or she cudda ask colossus to break up a whole lot of rocks and sent them flying at war machine as tho they were missiles, however, they were not trying to kill WM..just distract him

& colossus cudda just went ham on WM and turn him into trashcan without any problem if he wanted to truly battle them

so don't over do it, be real and rational about it now

- I am actually embarrassed for you if this is what you have to offer, I'm not even going to bother answering this other than I found you saying her wind would bend his lasers to be hilarious, I would sue your science teacher for fraud.

she bent cyclops optic blast which knocked mjnoir out of thors hand..cyc was aiming to kill storm not stun her, oh yea and im referring this from worlds apart.....and i based my comment off of evidence shown in the past and facts about iron man 2.0 suit

#25 Posted by The Stegman (23918 posts) - - Show Bio

pfft heroes, solving every problem with their fists...and lightning bolts

#26 Posted by unicornpuncher (418 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Storm and War Machine should have had a walk off to declare the winner. Strut!!!!

#27 Posted by jhazzroucher (15580 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm has fast reactions. she could have avoided WM's attack or block it with lightning.

#28 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

Storm has fast reactions. she could have avoided WM's attack or block it with lightning.

- Her natural reactions versus a multi-million dollar targeting system that has been shown to be pre-programmed with all combat data on every hero and villain Tony Stark knows of...I'm going to go out on a limb and say my money is on the targeting system

- Particle beams, unibeams, sonics, etc versus lightning, yep, still taking War Machine

#29 Posted by jhazzroucher (15580 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarMachineMarkV said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Storm has fast reactions. she could have avoided WM's attack or block it with lightning.

- Her natural reactions versus a multi-million dollar targeting system that has been shown to be pre-programmed with all combat data on every hero and villain Tony Stark knows of...I'm going to go out on a limb and say my money is on the targeting system

- Particle beams, unibeams, sonics, etc versus lightning, yep, still taking War Machine

is War Machine joining the x-men?

#30 Posted by yumyumbubblegum (618 posts) - - Show Bio

It's true that Storm could possibly disable War Machines armor with a natural EMP, but to think that Tony has not upgraded the Jim's armor for such a scenario is ridiculous. When the Winter Soldier tried to apply an EMP pulse onto the extremis armor, all Stark did was shut down his armor before the EMP activated. Once that was over he just rebooted. As to why he did not do this against Thor? I have no idea. Storm's powers have always made her a support-type hero. Colossus/Juggernaut vs War Machine on the other hand is a whole different story. Rhodey, coming from an army background would start of with aerial bombardment, an eventually realize that Piotr is too much for him to handle. Jim would retreat and ask Stark for an upgrade before he would try going toe to toe with Piotr.

#31 Posted by jhazzroucher (15580 posts) - - Show Bio

and Storm defeated Doom's doombots easily.

#32 Edited by yumyumbubblegum (618 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: I'd like to see how she goes against Doom himself, or Stark for that matter. Plus T'Challa was able to tear through them in Doomwar.....

#33 Posted by jhazzroucher (15580 posts) - - Show Bio

@yumyumbubblegum said:

@jhazzroucher: I'd like to see how she goes against Doom himself, or Stark for that matter.

#34 Posted by yumyumbubblegum (618 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: Doom is not impressed :D

He doesn't want anything to do with her lol.

#35 Posted by jhazzroucher (15580 posts) - - Show Bio

@yumyumbubblegum said:

@jhazzroucher: Doom is not impressed :D

He doesn't want anything to do with her lol.

Storm was not amused. : )

#36 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@yumyumbubblegum said:

It's true that Storm could possibly disable War Machines armor with a natural EMP, but to think that Tony has not upgraded the Jim's armor for such a scenario is ridiculous. When the Winter Soldier tried to apply an EMP pulse onto the extremis armor, all Stark did was shut down his armor before the EMP activated. Once that was over he just rebooted. As to why he did not do this against Thor? I have no idea. Storm's powers have always made her a support-type hero. Colossus/Juggernaut vs War Machine on the other hand is a whole different story. Rhodey, coming from an army background would start of with aerial bombardment, an eventually realize that Piotr is too much for him to handle. Jim would retreat and ask Stark for an upgrade before he would try going toe to toe with Piotr.

1 - The Iron Man / War Machine armor have been shown to EMP resistant in varying degrees through the years. Sometimes they are immune, other times vulnerable when they need to be taken out by a lazy writer. As far back as the Silver Centurion armor (20 years old) the EMP shielding was good enough that Magneto could not even effect it in any way, over time this resistance is not going to get worse as technology improves. If Magneto could not hurt an old suit, Storm is not going to affect the more advanced current one.

2 - Natural EMP (such as from lightning) is a lot less effective than the better known Nuclear EMP as the nuke is such a sudden high energy yield. This is why airplanes can get struck and in most cases fly just fine, and do not fall out of the sky on a regular basis. The idea that Iron Man has worse defenses than a 747 is laughable, we have EMP hardening in real life so Stark not having a much more refined version is hard to support. This is still not taking into account his force field or phasing ability which would shield/protect him further.

3 - Calling Storm just a support type combatant is not really fair, She has varied and powerful offensive and support abilities, it's just a lack of defense that keeps her from competing in many cases. Again this is just a bad matchup for her, there are many other powerful characters that she could throttle, this is just not one.

#37 Posted by yumyumbubblegum (618 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarMachineMarkV said:

3 - Calling Storm just a support type combatant is not really fair, She has varied and powerful offensive and support abilities, it's just a lack of defense that keeps her from competing in many cases. Again this is just a bad matchup for her, there are many other powerful characters that she could throttle, this is just not one.

Well that's my point; she lacks any defense, which leaves her vulnerable. On most occasions, if she were to go one on one with a "super" human, she would probably lose.

#38 Edited by Roddy010 (5230 posts) - - Show Bio

@yumyumbubblegum said:

@WarMachineMarkV said:

3 - Calling Storm just a support type combatant is not really fair, She has varied and powerful offensive and support abilities, it's just a lack of defense that keeps her from competing in many cases. Again this is just a bad matchup for her, there are many other powerful characters that she could throttle, this is just not one.

Well that's my point; she lacks any defense, which leaves her vulnerable. On most occasions, if she were to go one on one with a "super" human, she would probably lose.

The best defense is a good offense...Storm's powers is her defense....

@jhazzroucher: Stop posting unnecessary scans...It pollutes the thread....

#39 Posted by yumyumbubblegum (618 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010 said:

@yumyumbubblegum said:

@WarMachineMarkV said:

3 - Calling Storm just a support type combatant is not really fair, She has varied and powerful offensive and support abilities, it's just a lack of defense that keeps her from competing in many cases. Again this is just a bad matchup for her, there are many other powerful characters that she could throttle, this is just not one.

Well that's my point; she lacks any defense, which leaves her vulnerable. On most occasions, if she were to go one on one with a "super" human, she would probably lose.

The best defense is a good offense...Storm's powers is her defense....

@jhazzroucher: Stop posting unnecessary scans...It pollutes the thread....

lolz. Are you quoting Hugh "Wolverine" Jackman from X3?

#40 Posted by Roddy010 (5230 posts) - - Show Bio

@yumyumbubblegum said:

@Roddy010 said:

@yumyumbubblegum said:

@WarMachineMarkV said:

3 - Calling Storm just a support type combatant is not really fair, She has varied and powerful offensive and support abilities, it's just a lack of defense that keeps her from competing in many cases. Again this is just a bad matchup for her, there are many other powerful characters that she could throttle, this is just not one.

Well that's my point; she lacks any defense, which leaves her vulnerable. On most occasions, if she were to go one on one with a "super" human, she would probably lose.

The best defense is a good offense...Storm's powers is her defense....

@jhazzroucher: Stop posting unnecessary scans...It pollutes the thread....

lolz. Are you quoting Hugh "Wolverine" Jackman from X3?

Lol just realized that quote was in the movie...XP

#41 Posted by warspectre (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq: Exactly. jugg powered colossus should be the most physically powerful UNSTOPPABLE character , at least, on earth.

#42 Edited by warspectre (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: AHAHAHA! I love it! SCHOOLED!

I love that you have a scan of storm trouncing doom!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.