Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

STOP CANCELLING WOMEN CENTERED TITLES!

• 74 results
    GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By GrenadeFlow

@matthewparker said:

You can't really blame Marvel, at least they put out the books, it's not their fault no one buys them.

This thread is just an angry Storm fanboy projecting his anger at Marvel canceling the poorly selling book on all female characters. black characters and female characters have been carrying books for years at marvel. Luke Cage has the 50+ run from back in the day Black Panther has the 60+, She-Hulk has the 60 issues run, Carol had the 50+run etc. Now that Storm couldn't succeed Marvel suddenly has an agenda

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

All I can say is I love Storm and I'll continue to support the ongoing. :)

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

All I can say is I love Storm and I'll continue to support the ongoing. :)

That's the spirit.

jdp180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny how DC women can keep books going for years but Marvel women are lucky to get in the tens.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Eeshaan1685

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ROFL Storm fangirls rioting. Hilarious.

And pulling out the diversity/gender/race cards in one post. Even more hilarious.

Marvel is a business. They do what a business does. Deal with it.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@ms-lola said:

...The same for She-Hulk. While a lot of people complained about the art, it was a top notch book and I'm bummed out that it's been cancelled. Another book I adored. Spider-Woman is doomed for failure because I can only take so much Land before I gouge my eyes out. I am hyped for Angela's new ongoing though. So, we'll see.

To be perfectly honest, most titles that become cancelled are usually my favourites. Plus, there is a sense of a merry go round. New titles will come and go. There's a reason why Elektra's recent run is V3. I can wait for her to get another ongoing again. In the meantime, I'll enjoy whatever is out there.

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed to see She-Hulk and X-factor go. At least in the case of She-Hulk, she seems to have a certain iconic quality and pretty decent cult following; I feel fairly certain that she'll get another new book before too long.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdp180 said:

Funny how DC women can keep books going for years but Marvel women are lucky to get in the tens.

to be fair, most marvel books don't last more than a year these days. They've probably got less than 10 books that have been out for any longer than that. Even the popular ones get relaunched with a new #1 most of the time.

JeffFam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like marvel need to improve a lot their female characters as a solo hero... I mean, DC has WonderWoman and Marvel have nothing even close to that... X-men have the most brilliant woman with the higher potential to be a huge solo hero, like Storm, Jean, Rogue... but I feel like for them to stand up as a solo hero they need to be disconnected from the X-men for a while...

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By EC2277

Marvel have a lot of characters can become the "Marvel's Wonder Woman"; Storm and She-hulk in the first, but I think the Marvel don't have a writer able to create an enduring success.

Byrne believed in She-hulk, he made a great job on her and with him she became a popular character. But after he left the title, the sells decreased and no one was able to take back She-hulk to the ancient success.

JeffFam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By JeffFam

I love she-hulk, she is an awesome character with an adorable personality, but when it comes to be a hero I feel like she will always be in Hulk shadows :/

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I think any of the female X-Men characters can have a successful solo series. It's just that lately we haven't had any writers who can make it work without tying them so heavily to the X-Men. I agree that possibly the only chance they got of making it on their own is if they separated themselves from the X-Men for awhile and have writers who are capable of writing their stories well.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jdp180 said:

to be fair, most marvel books don't last more than a year these days. They've probably got less than 10 books that have been out for any longer than that. Even the popular ones get relaunched with a new #1 most of the time.

I'm surprised the main Avengers title is nearly going into its 40s. There must be plenty of nervous twitching at Marvel editorial every time anyone remembers there's a book in such high numbers and one that is so important to the line as well.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd : Isn't the Avengers about to get relaunch in the future?

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: That's Uncanny Avengers you're thinking of. Although I wouldn't be surprised if Avengers got relaunched either after Secret Wars or when Hickman leaves (both will probably be at same time).

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

@jdp180 said:

I'm surprised the main Avengers title is nearly going into its 40s. There must be plenty of nervous twitching at Marvel editorial every time anyone remembers there's a book in such high numbers and one that is so important to the line as well.

and, keep in mind, it still hasn't even been around for two years..

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd : Oh, I wouldn't be surprised if Uncanny Avengers got cancelled pretty soon.

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#69  Edited By Selina_Sublime

The Storm comic is maybe one of the worst books Marvel is producing right now. I'm really surprised it hasn't been cancelled yet.

I think Marvel is doing a good job of pushing female-centered titles, but they don't all have to survive. Elektra is mostly good because of the art and I do think She Hulk getting cancelled is a bit of travesty.

However, Ms. Marvel and Thor are spectacular and I am really looking forward to Angela: Asgard's Assassin, The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, and Spider-Gwen.

Please no more mediocre comic books just for the sake of character following.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd : Oh, I wouldn't be surprised if Uncanny Avengers got cancelled pretty soon.

I'm pretty sure it's getting relaunched with a new #1 after Axis.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Storm's character is just having an identity crisis because for a very long time they neglected her, I feel like this title shouldn't have been about resting on the laurels of her fandom but actually re-establishing her as the badass she was in the beginning. She just needs to do something different.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
    BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not Marvel's fault that their books didn't sell well. Female-led titles aren't they only books being canceled, either. I'm worried about Iron Fist's book will get canceled. I'm a bit worried about Moon Knight's run, but it's been sticking in the 30k margin, even after Ellis left, so I'll think it'll last until at least 20 issues. The canceling of books has nothing to do with gender. Captain Marvel should of been canceled long ago, but they're trying to push her hard.

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with some people here. It might been poor in selling. Since we all know, why don't we all support them now and see if it wont get cancel? At lease inhuman are not cancelling :)

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope angela and Gamaora's titles do well.

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By DaymarePrime

I don't think cancelling them is the problem, it is just the character's chosen or not being honest that ongoings are really long mini's or planned for a season. Leaving poor books on the shelf does no one any favors and ending a title makes people realize they need to pay attention to them while they are salvagable. The chosen at the moment just may not have the draw or the lead quality needed. They need to strike when the iron is hot, have a solid planned narrative, and go with fan-demanded. Angela is going to do ok but would have been better if launched when she was the focus of GOTG or promptly following OST&L, it may have cooled some and made it a little harder. If Spider-Gwen does not do bonkers at least initially I will be shocked as they are keying right into her at the right time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.