Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Starting my X-men journey with The Uncanny X-Men Volume 1

Avatar image for milkandtwosugars
    MilkAndTwoSugars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MilkAndTwoSugars
    No Caption Provided

After much research I have finally decided that this shall be my starting point into the world of X-men. After this I shall move through volumes 2 and 3 then onto the Dark Phoenix Saga. I chose to give the original comics a miss as I think they would just grow tiresome very quickly. I may pick the up once I'm all cought up, but for now I'm giving them a miss.

Now just to wait for Amazon to deliver. :/

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Welcome to the X-Men, hope you survive the experience!

But seriously, good choice. I'd guarantee that you'll love every moment as well as the all the characters that feature, but we all have different tastes.

Avatar image for milkandtwosugars
    MilkAndTwoSugars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By MilkAndTwoSugars

@AgeofHurricane: Thank you. I was a huge fan of the TV series as a kid in the 90's but never actually thought of reading the comics. At that age the only comics I read were the Beano and Dandy. I remember going to a car boot sale and picking up about 1000 issues of the Beano and Dandy from before I was born. I was literally addicted! And then I grew up and moved on, sadly. Hopefully the X-Men will spark a new addiction for me.

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
    johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

#4  Edited By johnkmccubbin91

@MilkAndTwoSugars: That TV series was amazing and you are not going wrong with the book as Claremont was one of the longest running and best writers on X-Men (I even prefer his stuff on X-Men to Stan Lee's)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.