So Xavier Knew Scott was going to kill him all along?

#1 Posted by Onemoreposter (3867 posts) - - Show Bio

This is where I feel Bendis is going with his current run on All New X-Men. I think it was in issue 2 that Hank (present) told the past Xmen that Charles could easily erase their ever meeting him from their minds. SOO, I'm going to bet that at the end of the arc, when the past X-Men are returned to their proper time Xavier is going to erase the memories of the whole event from their minds but not before taking a look around and seeing that Scott is going to eventually kill him.

That part I feel fairly certain of, but on a further limb, I think this gives Marvel their out for when they inevitably bring Professor X back. Since he knows the circumstances surrounding his eventual confrontation with Scott and his "apparent" demise, we (the readers) will find out that Xavier had a plan to circumvent his death for years before AvX and that he never actually died during the event.

Well, that's my theory. What's everyone think?

#2 Posted by poisonfleur (2926 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting way to keep everything in continuity. I haven't thought of that.

#3 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean's going to wipe all their memories and only pretend to love Scott when she really love Logan to protect the integrity of the spacetime continium. At which point I'll be throwing a chair at Bendis from seattle to where ever he lives. People will think it was a meteor, but no it was the most massive tableflip ever.

#4 Posted by x_29 (2272 posts) - - Show Bio

No. The young x-men are going to be staying in the 616 universe for a while as indicated by the solicits and the end of issue 5.

#5 Posted by gridde (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter said:

This is where I feel Bendis is going with his current run on All New X-Men. I think it was in issue 2 that Hank (present) told the past Xmen that Charles could easily erase their ever meeting him from their minds. SOO, I'm going to bet that at the end of the arc, when the past X-Men are returned to their proper time Xavier is going to erase the memories of the whole event from their minds but not before taking a look around and seeing that Scott is going to eventually kill him.

That part I feel fairly certain of, but on a further limb, I think this gives Marvel their out for when they inevitably bring Professor X back. Since he knows the circumstances surrounding his eventual confrontation with Scott and his "apparent" demise, we (the readers) will find out that Xavier had a plan to circumvent his death for years before AvX and that he never actually died during the event.

If the original five are eventually sent back, I think it's more likely that Xavier will purposefully avoid looking into the future himself to avoid screwing timelines up.

Then again, he's kinda an asshole, so between looking for tips on how to bang Jean, he may very well take a peek at his own future. Who knows.

#6 Posted by Onemoreposter (3867 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

No. The young x-men are going to be staying in the 616 universe for a while as indicated by the solicits and the end of issue 5.

Well, technically they were always in 616. There just in a different time now. Also, yes, they're going to be in the present for a while. A year maybe. Two tops. Eventually though, they will return to the past and Xavier will be brought back.

#7 Posted by x_29 (2272 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter said:

@x_29 said:

Well, technically they were always in 616. There just in a different time now. Also, yes, they're going to be in the present for a while. A year maybe. Two tops. Eventually though, they will return to the past and Xavier will be brought back.

I meant to say modern 616, so that quirk is my own fault. This then begs the question: what will be become of all new x-men if the the young x-men return to their own time? Who will be the main characters?

#8 Posted by XsPectre28 (713 posts) - - Show Bio

so then explain the red skull walking around with xavier's brain.... unless xavier's psyche overwhelms him & the red skull becomes the new xavier

#9 Posted by RawrImADragon (206 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be interesting to use this to bring Professor X back but if they did that, honestly, where does he even fit into the equation anymore? With the current state of mutant affairs going the way they're going it seems like the X-Men will never again go the way Charles had intended. Once the first arc of Uncanny Avengers ends and once the O5 are mind-wiped the good professor will slowly but surely lose his relevancy.

#10 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

Learning of an upcoming alien invasion, Professor Xavier knew that he would have to prepare against this attack in isolation. Not wanting to leave the X-Men on their own, had the former villain known as the Changeling take his place. Jean was not happy with this arrangement either but, as she was the only X-Man who knew of the exchange, she was forced to keep Xavier’s plan secret, even after the Changeling was killed in action.

#11 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@RawrImADragon said:

It would be interesting to use this to bring Professor X back but if they did that, honestly, where does he even fit into the equation anymore? With the current state of mutant affairs going the way they're going it seems like the X-Men will never again go the way Charles had intended. Once the first arc of Uncanny Avengers ends and once the O5 are mind-wiped the good professor will slowly but surely lose his relevancy.

I really do think that what Wolverine's team at the school are doing is what Xavier would have wanted. He was there just before the end, and he seemed pretty pleased. As for the Skull, he's obviously only taken the part of Xavier's brain that gave him his powers, and not his personality.

And, even if he would seem redundant at the school at this point, I severely hope that Xavier's intentions never become irrelevant to the X-men, even long after his death.

#12 Posted by Onemoreposter (3867 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

I meant to say modern 616, so that quirk is my own fault. This then begs the question: what will be become of all new x-men if the the young x-men return to their own time? Who will be the main characters?

Can't say, but I'm assuming like all X-books (all team books really) the roster will gradually and continuously rotate. The past X-Men will go back to their time and All New X-Men will probably shift more directly in focus to Scott's team. Your guess is as good as mine though. I do have a feeling though that when Jean goes back to her own time, she'll still be around *wink*

@XsPectre28 said:

so then explain the red skull walking around with xavier's brain.... unless xavier's psyche overwhelms him & the red skull becomes the new xavier

Well, we've only seen what appears to be Xavier's body in a hand full of panels in one issue. We once saw Batman's remains get dragged around for like a year before we found out it wasn't actually him but a clone. Red Skull isn't even quite the real Red Skull but a clone himself. So, my explanation off the top of my head? Clone.

#13 Posted by UltraBiel (328 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter said:

It would be so good if happened like this. X-men continuity is such a mess, something like this could really make it all better in the future. Let's see.

#14 Posted by slimlim (262 posts) - - Show Bio

Time travel is ALWAYS tricky. and the rules constantly change.

Time travelers from the future usually come back to help avoid some catastrophe that is about to happen. Changing the present doesnt change the future for the traveler, but creates an alternate timeline for their reality to exist in. Days of Future Past for example.

Whereas in other cases, changing the past alters present. Age of Apocalypse.

But then again, when events were rectified in the past for AOA, it returned the present back to normal while creating an alternate timeline of the present for the AOA universe.

SO... who knows how this will pan out. Even if the O5 go back with all their new found knowledge intact, would that alter the present or create an alternate future for the time traveling O5?

As for Xavier knowing all along that Dark Scott will kill him... i doubt it. Because that would make Charles an even bigger douchebag for letting Scott take the fall when he could help to avoid it.

However, i wouldnt put it beyond Marvel for them to already have an "escape plan" for Xavier.

#15 Posted by Daycrawler (552 posts) - - Show Bio

@XsPectre28 said:

Ha! Professor Skull. I like that!

#16 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter said:

Doesn't this whole series go against time continum anyways!? I mean they should of become an alternate universe!?

#17 Posted by Onemoreposter (3867 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimlim said:

As for Xavier knowing all along that Dark Scott will kill him... i doubt it. Because that would make Charles an even bigger douchebag for letting Scott take the fall when he could help to avoid it.

Maybe Xavier's teaching Scott some sort of lesson or perhaps by the time the old X-Men go back to there own time we'll find out why it was imperative for Scott to be in the position he's in now and why the world had to think Xavier was dead.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.