So who are the X-teams post battle of the Atom?

#1 Edited by poisonfleur (3138 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone fill in the blanks-- post Battle of the Atom?

All-New X-men Team Members:_____________

Uncanny/Cyclops' Team Members:______________

Storm's XX-men Team Members:______________

Astonishing/Amazing X-men Members:_______________

Cable & Psylocke's X-force Members:_________________

X-Factor Team Members:__________________

Other teams?

Villain Teams/lineup?

Hellfire line up?

Sisterhood line up?

Mystique's team line up?

Future X-men line up?

Thank you! (I am so behind, I JUST found out today that Boom-Boom was apart of X-force. LOL)

ALSO! What characters are going MIA after the new line-up changes? Maybe some Astonishing & X-factor members?

#2 Posted by time (5198 posts) - - Show Bio

Other teams?

Villain Teams/lineup?

Hellfire line up?

Sisterhood line up?

Mystique's team line up?

Future X-men line up?

Thank you! (I am so behind, I JUST found out today that Boom-Boom was apart of X-force. LOL)

ALSO! What characters are going MIA after the new line-up changes? Maybe some Astonishing & X-factor members?

To be honest we don't really know the line-up yet.

Kitty may join Cyclops team.

Amazing X-Men will have Kurt, Wolverine, Beast and Northstar I think.

X-Factor next year will have Gambit, Polaris and Quicksilver and some other characters.

X-23 is joining All new X-Men and the past X-Men are sticking with us.

I think the X-Force teams will stay the same. Spiral will be with Psylocke team.

Monet joining Brian Wood team.

I think Magneto will return to a villian some time next year.

#3 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (944 posts) - - Show Bio

No one knows... but for ME. My post BotA X-men team would consist of:

1. Young 05 Iceman
  2. Current Iceman
  3. Hulk Iceman
  4. Wizard Iceman

...one can dream

#4 Edited by oldnightcrawler (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

disappointing.

#5 Posted by HAWK2916 (2096 posts) - - Show Bio

I was under the impression that we would only have one xforce after the crossover

#6 Posted by time (5198 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916: No, we have 2 titles. It's just X-Force crossover.

#7 Posted by time (5198 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: No, I rather have him as villian, then Cyclops little lap-dog.

#8 Edited by oldnightcrawler (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@oldnightcrawler: No, I rather have him as villian, then Cyclops little lap-dog.

Okay, sure, and I like him as an X-man. If they didn't want him to be an X-man, that would be one thing, but I'd rather they retired (he is super old) or even killed him before making him into a strait up villain again; it's just a waste of his character.

#9 Posted by time (5198 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: Magneto will always be at his best when he villian. I wouldn't mind him being leader of a X-Men team. Marvel are not going to do that, cause all about Cyclops and Logan.

#10 Posted by HAWK2916 (2096 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: Hmmm.... Well I wish we just had one. Maybe a combination of both teams. Storm needs to just be in Xmen. Psylocke fits and I kinda like Spiral there though Im tired of all the villains joining the x-teams. Also I would wish that we could get more Blink in the role of teleporter. Magik also seems to fit the Xforce role as well. Puck was a weird choice from the start and should go back to Canada (he can northstar with him) Bishop is.... I dont know part of me wants him back on a team and part of me prefers that him Cable and Hope would just go back to their timeline

#11 Posted by Rickbarry (1857 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@hawk2916: No, we have 2 titles. It's just X-Force crossover.

I'm reasonably sure one title is going poof after the event.

#12 Edited by time (5198 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916: I don't think Uncanny X-Force is that good. I only like 3 issues of it so far. Storm and Psylocke are ok, Spiral is ok.I don't mind Bishop. I don't like Puck. The series is ok, but it needs to be better. I wouldn't mind Blink being on the team.

#13 Posted by time (5198 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry: I hope not, Uncanny X-Force just needs a better writer.

#14 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah. I'm not sure what the prerequisites are for Marvel's writer hiring standard, but boy...Humphries just hasn't done it. The team doesn't even have a defined mandate. They're just there for inconsequential underbelly adventures that know no one's gonna pay any attention to. It'd be reasonable if UXF was the team to go with Humphries still at the helm as CAXF is the better title.

#15 Posted by time (5198 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

We need more Beasts and Icemen.

#17 Edited by time (5198 posts) - - Show Bio

@gonnarain: I think we got enough of them in all new X-Men.

#18 Posted by oldnightcrawler (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@oldnightcrawler: Magneto will always be at his best when he villian. I wouldn't mind him being leader of a X-Men team. Marvel are not going to do that, cause all about Cyclops and Logan.

I have to disagree with that first statement, personally. While I somewhat enjoyed Magneto as a somewhat reluctant villain in the early 90's, for me he's one of the most generic X-man villains, save for the fact that he's one of the most complex and interesting as an X-man himself.

I've always felt the only reason they turned him back into a villain in the early 90's was to match up with the cartoon, and then they did it again in the 00's to line up with the movies; but I first knew him as a hero in the Secret Wars, an ally and mentor to the X-men all through the 80's, and the founder of the X-men in Age of Apocalypse, all of which were more interesting than any of his turns as a strait up villain. For me, anyway.

#19 Edited by time (5198 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: I can honestly say your an odd person. You don't think much of the 90's or Age of Apocalypse story arc. You prefer Magneto as a good guy. You know Magneto is X-Men best villian right, most people consider him as X-Men best villian.

#20 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4221 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

Okay, sure, and I like him as an X-man. If they didn't want him to be an X-man, that would be one thing, but I'd rather they retired (he is super old) or even killed him before making him into a strait up villain again; it's just a waste of his character.

If he ends up a villain, wolverine would just kill him again. But its true i dont like him as "cyclops little lap-dog", there is enough of those

#21 Posted by time (5198 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4221 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by time (5198 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: One of reasons why she X-Men worst leading lady., she let him do whatever he wants. Jean wouldn't of stand 4 that crap, Storm wouldn't either, if she had a strong role in the team.

#24 Edited by adamTRMM (2116 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

You know Magneto is X-Men best villian right, most people consider him as X-Men best villian.

Many people do not consider him a villain, even in his worst days. (of course I'm not talking about a classic or Planet X versions)

#25 Posted by time (5198 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by oldnightcrawler (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@oldnightcrawler: I can honestly say your an odd person. You don't think much of the 90's or Age of Apocalypse story arc. You prefer Magneto as a good guy. You know Magneto is X-Men best villian right, most people consider him as X-Men best villian.

I don't know what most people think, and I actually have my doubts that you do either, but I think the X-men have one of the best rogue's galleries in all of comics, even without Magneto. Mystique, Sabertooth, Sinister, Casandra Nova, Mastermind, Emplate, etc.. are all far more interesting to me as villains than Magneto, who is far more interesting to me as a wild card type character.

I'm not even saying he isn't one of their best villains, just that what makes him so interesting is that he's way too complex and interesting to be a strait up sooper villain. It just seems like a waste.

#27 Posted by DEGRAAF (7918 posts) - - Show Bio

No one knows... but for ME. My post BotA X-men team would consist of:

1. Young 05 Iceman
  2. Current Iceman
  3. Hulk Iceman
  4. Wizard Iceman

...one can dream

I was going to go with something similar... a merged iceman with all the Icemen combined. All the knowledge, experience, and capabilities off all of them combined.

kill off Wolverines son

Keep Xorn Jean Gray

Help current Beast fix old beast and send old beast back to his timeline

Keep Xavier around as a leader of a new member team

Old Kitty hints to young Kitties future, maybe hint to stick with Bobby

keep old deadpool around

keep the strong girl around (i cent remember her name)

Keep young Beast around to be an assistant to old beast

Keep young cyclops around to oppose his older self

Young Jean stays around for a little longer trying to change her fate before going back to her timeline and is now MIA in our timeline

Send Angel back to his timeline and have his fate stay the same

old Colossus should stick around for a while

IDK who else is back.

#28 Edited by slimlim (266 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

I don't know what most people think, and I actually have my doubts that you do either, but I think the X-men have one of the best rogue's galleries in all of comics, even without Magneto. Mystique, Sabertooth, Sinister, Casandra Nova, Mastermind, Emplate, etc.. are all far more interesting to me as villains than Magneto, who is far more interesting to me as a wild card type character.

I'm not even saying he isn't one of their best villains, just that what makes him so interesting is that he's way too complex and interesting to be a strait up sooper villain. It just seems like a waste.

I have to agree with @oldnightcrawler here. I love Magneto. I first got to know him as a villain. Sometimes he'd be cast in a heroic role. but i started to enjoy him more when he was neither. Magneto as a villain had become boring for me. i first realised this during Grant Morrison's run when Xorn revealed his identity. he came across as a tired old man who refused to adapt to the times. it was almost sad. but of course, it was later retconned that he wasn't magneto after all, but it also made me realise that the old Magneto just felt... old.

Is he one of the greatest (if not THE greatest) villain the X-Men have? I would say YES. But should he remain so? No.

As for the original topic? I don't have a specific wishlist of who goes where, but i would like to see the following:

Uncanny X-Men > Have some of the "good" characters join (Kitty, Iceman, Nightcrawler, etc)

WATXM > Graduate some of the kids to the big leagues. The "Mutant High" thing is getting old. Make Quentin an X-Man!

Uncanny X-Force + Cable and X-Force > just combine the two or get rid of UXF.

Astonishing/Amazing X-Men > i enjoyed Marjorie Liu's more human drama angle to the X-Men. it was a nice departure. But have it as a roster based on the stories that are being told. Could be from Uncanny or WATXM.

All New X-Men > As long as i get to see more O5, im OK.

X-Factor > In Peter David i trust.

#29 Posted by poisonfleur (3138 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@poisonfleur said:

Other teams?

Villain Teams/lineup?

Hellfire line up?

Sisterhood line up?

Mystique's team line up?

Future X-men line up?

X-Factor next year will have Gambit, Polaris and Quicksilver and some other characters.

I think the X-Force teams will stay the same. Spiral will be with Psylocke team.

So...
Wolverine & the X-men: Wolverine, Beast, Warbird, Iceman, Quire, Idie, Eyeboy, Sharkgirl, Sprite, Glob, Broo, Genesis,
XX-men: Storm, Psylocke, Rogue, M, Jubilee, and Rachel(?)
Uncanny: Cyclops, Emma, Magneto (?), Kitty, Cuckoos, and Post AvX Students and Dazzler to an extent.
All-New: O5 + X-23 (any word if the future X-men/ Storm's daughter/twins will stay?)
X-force's same. Puck, Cable, Spiral, Boom Boom, Fantomex, Cluster, Hope, Forge, Dr. Nemeisis, and is Colossus still with them? (--They need to add Danger to the mix)
X-factor (sigh): Gambit, Polaris, Quicksliver, Multiple Man and...???
Amazing/Astonishing: Northstar, Firestar, Nightcrawler

Villians:
Mystique team, Future X-men, Sisterhood/Deathstrike's team, Azazel's Ship

Characters in limbo:
Sage, Pixie, Blindfold, Legion, Dr.Kavita, Danger, Lifegaurd, Armor, Karma, Celia, Shatterstar, Rictor, Strong guy, Siryn, Surge, Blink

#30 Posted by time (5198 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@poisonfleur said:

Other teams?

Villain Teams/lineup?

Hellfire line up?

Sisterhood line up?

Mystique's team line up?

Future X-men line up?

So...

Wolverine & the X-men: Wolverine, Beast, Warbird, Iceman, Quire, Idie, Eyeboy, Sharkgirl, Sprite, Glob, Broo, Genesis,

XX-men: Storm, Psylocke, Rogue, M, Jubilee, and Rachel(?)

Uncanny: Cyclops, Emma, Magneto (?), Kitty, Cuckoos, and Post AvX Students and Dazzler to an extent.

All-New: O5 + X-23 (any word if the future X-men/ Storm's daughter/twins will stay?)

X-force's same. Puck, Cable, Spiral, Boom Boom, Fantomex, Cluster, Hope, Forge, Dr. Nemeisis, and is Colossus still with them? (--They need to add Danger to the mix)

X-factor (sigh): Gambit, Polaris, Quicksliver, Multiple Man and...???

Amazing/Astonishing: Northstar, Firestar, Nightcrawler

Villians:

Mystique team, Future X-men, Sisterhood/Deathstrike's team, Azazel's Ship

Characters in limbo:

Sage, Pixie, Blindfold, Legion, Dr.Kavita, Danger, Lifegaurd, Armor, Karma, Celia, Shatterstar, Rictor, Strong guy, Siryn, Surge, Blink

I don't think the X-Force will be the same team. There just fighting one another next year. Unless Marvel cancels Uncanny X-Force.

#31 Edited by HAWK2916 (2096 posts) - - Show Bio

@time:

really? I thought I read that only one would survive the clash. Not that everybody dies or anything maybe some do or some quit, and the rest just join up together? Maybe that's just wishful thinking because I could certainly do without 2 of them, for one its killing my wallet lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.