Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

So what was the point of bringing Jubilee back?

Gio86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gio86

Can anyone tell me what was the purpose of bringing Jubilee back, they completely ruined the character, de-powering her, turning her into a vampire, used her for a few filler stories here and there and now when we were finally getting use to this Jubilee they threw her out of the team into some D level vampire group we will never hear about again.

Poor Jubilee little by little they have been destroying the character at this point either find some way for her to get her powers back or kill her.

MyraMyraMyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MyraMyraMyra

I don't think that any of the writers currently working for Marvel like Jubilee (except for Marjorie Liu, who did such cool things with her in the X-23 series). She's been abused by ignorance & poor writing choices for years now.

That's a terrible shame, because I love Jubilee to bits. I hated how she lost her powers, and I was even more annoyed by the decision to turn her into a vampire. That just didn't do her any favours as a chatracter. Liu kind of made her vampirism work, but I still would rather have her turned back to the way she was.

I'm still waiting for that Jubilee & X-23 team-up miniseries I've been fantasizing about since their awesome BFF developement in X-23. Better yet, I'd like to see an all-girls X-book focusing on Jubes, Laura, and other young female mutants Marvel is currently ignoring (even if there are already too many X-titles out there). The suffering comic book industry could use the financial support of the under-represented female demographic, so why not put out a girl-centric title to appeal to the young female audience?

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Blood1991

What X-Woman hasn't Marvel sh!t all over? They only reason I can think for bringing her back was to knock the final nails in her characters grave. It is sad they didn't bother trying to do something progressive with her character.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Raiiyn

@MyraMyraMyra said:

I don't think that any of the writers currently working for Marvel like Jubilee (except for Marjorie Liu, who did such cool things with her in the X-23 series). She's been abused by ignorance & poor writing choices for years now.

That's a terrible shame, because I love Jubilee to bits. I hated how she lost her powers, and I was even more annoyed by the decision to turn her into a vampire. That just didn't do her any favours as a chatracter. Liu kind of made her vampirism work, but I still would rather have her turned back to the way she was.

I'm still waiting for that Jubilee & X-23 team-up miniseries I've been fantasizing about since their awesome BFF developement in X-23. Better yet, I'd like to see an all-girls X-book focusing on Jubes, Laura, and other young female mutants Marvel is currently ignoring (even if there are already too many X-titles out there). The suffering comic book industry could use the financial support of the under-represented female demographic, so why not put out a girl-centric title to appeal to the young female audience?

awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome! I WANT A MINISERIES TOO!!!!

I hate what they did to poor Jubez. And you are completely right btw.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Turning Jubilee into a Vampire after losing her powers and her depature from the New Warriors was the best thing to happen to the character, we've already got a 'de-powered mutant who still runs with a super-powered group' type of character in X-Factor (she could have gone there considering her relationship with M, but, no.) and we don't need another one. 

Her other option was to stay completely irrelevant from the X-Verse. Seriously though, depowering her was the worst thing to happen to the character, out of all the other mutants who lost their powers.  

It's a shame she didn't regain them through the same means that Chamber did Post-AoX, she'd still be featuring in Security Recon/X-Men. It's also a f*cking shame that Axel and Co. are trying ever so hard to make Wanda look like a selfless crusader in the her appearances after The Chidlren's Crusade, but manage to fail, fail and fail in everysingle one of them (Yeah, she's only appeared in AvX #0, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Fraction will degrade her some more). 

She's only repowered Rictor and as far as I'm concerned, that's not doing sh*t, LOL @ "I'm going to give the X-Men what they want...more mutants", granted i never read the end of The Childrens Crusade but everything in between was just bull. If anything, she shouldn't even be involved in this mess of an event and should actually start making a hero out of herself. But no.

Gio86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gio86

Thanks for all the great posts in here, I agree with all of you.

spawn_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By spawn_123

Jubilee SUCK

lucretiusstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lucretiusstone

The point of bringing Jubilee back is good and i agree with it.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By KainScion

to have a vampire x-chick (didnt have one of those)

Purgy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Purgy

@MyraMyraMyra said:

That might work, with the all girls book, but maybe just a Jubilee/X-23 book, but why not others than just them, but you are right about Jubilee though what Marvel have done to her and others is just plain worng.

ReddKnave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ReddKnave

Well, apparently something huge is happening in June/July and Jubes is at the center of it. We'll see, but the writers have hinted that Jubilee fans will love it.

I love Jubes too, not the terrible 90's cartoon version; the awesome, wise-ass Jim Lee era Jubes.

But then again I find it extremely hard to really hate any X-Men... well, maybe Longshot. And Havok, and Polaris.

MyraMyraMyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MyraMyraMyra

@ReddKnave said:

I love Jubes too, not the terrible 90's cartoon version; the awesome, wise-ass Jim Lee era Jubes..

Same here. I didn't mind the cartoon Jubilee, but she was usually casted in the role of the annoying kid who got in trouble so that the older X-Men could save her. She never really evolved as a character (though neither did the other characters) beyond being a plot device.

I think Jubilee was at her best in the early 90's when she was first introduced. I loved it when she was the little snip of an X-Men who looked like a boy & always smirked like she had just done something bad, even though she never had,

No Caption Provided
    Jubes likes Popcorn
    Jubes likes Popcorn
    Jubes won't back down
    Jubes won't back down
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @MyraMyraMyra said:

I agree with all this! They have been mistreating Jubilee for years now and I wish that they did better stories with her instead of making her lose her powers and turning her into a vampire.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.