Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

So Scott-Jean is now officialy over lol ( ANXM 15 Spoilers)

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So now I guess Jean-Beast are gonna be a couple lol. Scott will be kinda pissed off when he learns of it, but at least he & Bobby got the phone numbers of 3 other girls, so it's a decent start for them, haha.

And the Rachel-Jean meeting was completely botched by Bendis. He could have done so much with it, but instead we just get a few panels of them looking at each other & walking away.

And I am willing to bet that Beast will get an optic blast or two to the face sometime in future haha. Not a bad issue and the Scott-Bobby team is just badass.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JohnnyGat

At first when I saw Stuart Immonen wasn't doing the art I was somewhat bummed but I red it anyway and well I liked it. Granted it's something I wouldn't want to always see for this type of book but for the feel of the issue it worked perfectly.

JeffimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JeffimusPrime

I think that there is a lot more to the jean and hank relationship than it appears to be. Since the 05 came to the future, they have said how unhappy they are with what they have become, jean dying, Cyclops killing Xavier. They seem to be looking for a ways to help the present but also change their past. Jean is hanging out with older beast hearing in his thoughts about how different life may have been if he had the courage to tell her how he felt. Jean then runs off to younger hank knowing how he feels and kisses him. It struck me more like an attempt to change their lives rather than having feelings for him back. She never says she feels the same way just that she doesn't love Scott. The bit with the wedding invitation at the end could either be a bit like back to the future were she is seeing if it has changed or maybe it is showing that perhaps she does have feelings for Scott and is trying to change the past. Either way I think she is using hanks feelings rather than having actual feelings for him. I think she is trying to change what happened to her but I think this will end up hurting hank the long run. I'm not convinced that Scott and jean getting together is over either. Does that make any kind of Sense? Or am I just thinking a bunch of rubbish?

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that there is a lot more to the jean and hank relationship than it appears to be. Since the 05 came to the future, they have said how unhappy they are with what they have become, jean dying, Cyclops killing Xavier. They seem to be looking for a ways to help the present but also change their past. Jean is hanging out with older beast hearing in his thoughts about how different life may have been if he had the courage to tell her how he felt. Jean then runs off to younger hank knowing how he feels and kisses him. It struck me more like an attempt to change their lives rather than having feelings for him back. She never says she feels the same way just that she doesn't love Scott. The bit with the wedding invitation at the end could either be a bit like back to the future were she is seeing if it has changed or maybe it is showing that perhaps she does have feelings for Scott and is trying to change the past. Either way I think she is using hanks feelings rather than having actual feelings for him. I think she is trying to change what happened to her but I think this will end up hurting hank the long run. I'm not convinced that Scott and jean getting together is over either. Does that make any kind of Sense? Or am I just thinking a bunch of rubbish?

That makes sense. It's probably true. It's annoying to think about, but if Jean and Scott never got together, the X-Men would have disbanded after their first graduation and Hank's feelings would have caused a lot of problems for Charles, Warren and Scott.

Anyway, it feels too forced. We've known Hank and Jean for years - hung out in their thought bubbles and even seen them on missions. There has never been any romantic feelings between them and if anything, their relationship has always been more like siblings than anything else.

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CTG

@jeffimusprime said:

I think you're making a bunch of sense and I never thought of it like that. I think what seals it is her going back to the wedding invitation on the last page. Until your post, I didn't get what Bendis was trying to imply, but now it all makes sense.

Throughout the entire series thus far, Jean has been stressed/traumatized by what the future holds for her. Hearing Beast's thoughts gives her the idea that perhaps she CAN change things by making different choices. Young Angel, who she had a thing for once upon a time, left the group and she doesn't like what Scott has become - as well as her fate being closely tied to her relationship with him. She suddenly learns Young Beast is in love with her and makes the decision to try to change her fate.

I think the wedding invitation being there and still reading "Scott & Jean" may have brought about the realization that changing your fate isn't as easy as she thought it would be.

@avenger85 You should change the name of the thread for two reasons:

1. It's an assumption - we've talked about this before.
    2. It already partially spoils what happens, when that's the entire mystery of the issue: "Is the cover a misdirection or is it actually happening?"
    knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

#6  Edited By knighthood

I like Hank. See the avatar.

Scott? Not so much. So I approve.

Lukas998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeffimusprime: You make a lot of sense, but i don't think the page with the wedding invitation was kinda "back to the future", I think she was like regretting what she just did, cause, in the 60's Issues she had a crush on Scott since the begining.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rickbarry

Isn't Hank in his 30's and Jean underage?

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By knighthood

This how I see the issue. Jean knows how her and Scott are going to end up, so in an attempt to change that she is willing to move on, and beast seems like the most logical candidate at the moment. I don't she is using Hank, she is just trying to avoid the relationship with Scott.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

isnt anyone concern about Dazzler(or is it mystique in disguise), why is (i think its suppose to be mystique) she so concern about the O5, shes not through with them.....plus maybe if the O5 go back to the past after BotA maybe mystique would take one of thier place...lol

No Caption Provided

How big are hank's hands,,,,0,o

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickbarry: Young Hank.

I always thought that Hank was well into his 20's when he was first introduced on the team.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

Well you know what they say about men with big... wait a minute. :)

@rickbarry Possibly. I thought he was still in high school or at least recently graduated. I do know he was playing high school football before joining the X-Men.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@knighthood said:

I always thought that Hank was well into his 20's when he was first introduced on the team.

He was 18, but he was a teenage genius. The rest were 17, except for Bobby who was 16.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

Well you know what they say about men with big... wait a minute. :)

@rickbarry Possibly. I thought he was still in high school or at least recently graduated. I do know he was playing high school football before joining the X-Men.

lol

@rickbarry said:

@knighthood said:

He was 18, but he was a teenage genius. The rest were 17, except for Bobby who was 16.

think i read in all-new x-men jean was 16 and bobby was 15

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean's a slut, Cyke's a man-slut... They're made for each other. In time they'll be back together.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GonnaRain

To be honest, I enjoyed this issue, or at least half of it.

The whole Jean part, it didn't like at all. As much as I'm coming to like Jeen, I don't believe that making her stronger than her original 616 counterpart is the wise move to make. So really, now Jeen can pull TK feats who the original one achieved only while amped by the Phoenix Force? I mean, yeah ok, make her a little stronger than how she was at her age, but do not put her on Phoenix levels without the Force itself...

I also didn't like the Jean/Rachel meeting. I guess it would be awkward, of course, but avoiding it was an easy and quick way out of it, unless Bendis plans to continue it later.

Hank x Jeen, please, just please no... even though I'm pretty much sure that Jeen is only using Hank, trying to get over Scott now that she knows how screwed her relationship kind of is/will be.

And finally, the little Bobby's and Scott's little adventure was funny. I really liked them enjoying a nice "calm" day, without having to hide or fear the consequences of being Mutants, finding people that admire and want to be like them. That after all the future is not as old Hank really painted it, is not perfect, of course, but at least better than it used to be.

Bobby is cute in this issue, and I'm glad he's getting more than just on line. And if Jeen really wants to end things with Scott, then he and Bobby should just hook up, after all they sure have fun together. (?)

The art was nice, sure not as beautiful as Immonen's, but I enjoyed it.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@hopesummersforthefuture: Dazzler was recently taken on by SHIELD to be their mutant liaison...everyone has a huge issue with the O5 being in the present so it makes sense that SHIELD would have someone keeping an eye on them

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Dazzler was recently taken on by SHIELD to be their mutant liaison...everyone has a huge issue with the O5 being in the present so it makes sense that SHIELD would have someone keeping an eye on them

but at that time didnt mystique take the place of dazzler by knocking her out......from uxm 9

also why is raven so obsess with the o5 especially teen scott and didnt mystique say that she wanted teen scott to kill his older self???? from anxm7

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dayvid3

Wonder if beast was intentionally letting his thoughts leak to screw up Scott. He is smart enough to know he should be on guard around a young telepath who can, and doesn't seem to much want to, stop hearing other people's thoughts. He probably did think she was cute when young though, that's normal.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dayvid3 said:

Wonder if beast was intentionally letting his thoughts leak to screw up Scott. He is smart enough to know he should be on guard around a young telepath who can, and doesn't seem to much want to, stop hearing other people's thoughts. He probably did think she was cute when young though, that's normal.

lol thats what i thought too.....this is just to get back at scott

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By danhimself

@danhimself said:

but at that time didnt mystique take the place of dazzler by knocking her out......from uxm 9

also why is raven so obsess with the o5 especially teen scott and didnt mystique say that she wanted teen scott to kill his older self???? from anxm7

who knows if this happened before or after Uncanny though...I mean why would Mystique be spying on the O5 as Dazzler when she could just be some random person in the crowd

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hank did it on purpose. Unless he went completely and full retard.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.