So... Rachel and Sublime.. Is that Awkward?

#1 Edited by poisonfleur (3026 posts) - - Show Bio

The recent x-men arc hints at Rachel and Sublime getting closer. Brian Wood is great and if he puts his mind too it, he can sell anything. But just the idea of Rachel and Sublime together? How does everyone feel about that? Yay? Nay? Neutral? Or is everyone still holding out hope for Rachel & Franklin? Lol

#2 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4433 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur: I could take it or leave it at this point. It does seem weird and random, but I like to give new things a chance before I bother forming an opinion on them one way or the other.

I guess I could see it in one way. I could see either character as being very isolated, so sensing that in each other could be some basis for attraction. They're both pretty highly evolved beings, with histories that no one else remembers.

#3 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

oh wood. when will your 'creative' mind ever stop spouting nonsense?

#4 Edited by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not know much about Sublime, but from what I understand they would make a really interesting couple. Their offspring would be much more powerful than any other Summers' kids.

#5 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2202 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not know much about Sublime, but from what I understand they would make a really interesting couple. Their offspring would be much more powerful than any other Summers' kids.

Why would you say that? Sublime is just sentient bacteria possessing the body of a regular dude. Wouldn't make their offspring anymore potent than Rachel and some random non powered dude she met at a bar.

#6 Posted by Xwraith (17200 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it really any worse than the Rogue X Magneto pairing of 1990?

#7 Edited by UltimateJonathan (107 posts) - - Show Bio

Did not see it that way. I doubt it is going in that direction.

#8 Edited by Backflip (2262 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't they retcon it that Sublime is the reason behind why Jean Grey was killed by Xorn, like a form of mind control?

If so. This romance is seriously screwed up.

#9 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosismad: You don't think he can reproduce? Infections have been spread to children before.

#10 Posted by HAWK2916 (1656 posts) - - Show Bio

i didnt really take it that way. i want rachel to get with cannonball or chamber

#11 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4433 posts) - - Show Bio

really? I think Wood's the only X-men writer right now who doesn't feel like he's writing fan-fic. I mean, I like some of the stuff Bendis is doing, but it still has that feel. Wood's subtle, maybe sometimes too subtle, but I think he's got a good voice for these characters.

#12 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetimestreamer said:

really? I think Wood's the only X-men writer right now who doesn't feel like he's writing fan-fic. I mean, I like some of the stuff Bendis is doing, but it still has that feel. Wood's subtle, maybe sometimes too subtle, but I think he's got a good voice for these characters.

Wood's the best writer on X-titles at the moment. Easily.

#13 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4433 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Edited by Silver_Raven (351 posts) - - Show Bio

I find Sublime's interest in Rachel suspect. It does seem random and kind of creepy, as if there might be an ulterior motive. Perhaps "he" wants to possess her and all her powers?

But if Sublime is truly reformed and is looking for someone on "his" level than I would think "he" might have more in common with Psylocke.. I also would prefer Brian Wood write a more intriguing romance with her and Sublime than what Betsy has been entangled with over on UXF. I hate the Fantomexes.

#15 Edited by poisonfleur (3026 posts) - - Show Bio

@silver_raven said:

I find Sublime's interest in Rachel suspect. It does seem random and kind of creepy, as if there might be an ulterior motive. Perhaps "he" wants to possess her and all her powers?

But if Sublime is truly reformed and is looking for someone on "his" level than I would think "he" might have more in common with Psylocke.. I also would prefer Brian Wood write a more intriguing romance with her and Sublime than what Betsy has been entangled with over on UXF. I hate the Fantomexes.

I agree with you on the Fantomexes. I saw Psylocke being bi as soon as the Unccanny X-force cover came out. But EVERYONE on CV bashed me and said it would never happen. I have to admit, her and Cluster are interesting. But the whole love triangle/square is getting stupid and a waste of Uncanny X-force issues.

As for Rachel and Sublime-- It would be neat for them get closer and for her and Jean to get closer only to find out what Sublime is capable (The death of Jean) of and then DRAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol

#16 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2801 posts) - - Show Bio

@silver_raven said:

I agree with you on the Fantomexes. I saw Psylocke being bi as soon as the Unccanny X-force cover came out. But EVERYONE on CV bashed me and said it would never happen. I have to admit, her and Cluster are interesting. But the whole love triangle/square is getting stupid and a waste of Uncanny X-force issues.

As for Rachel and Sublime-- It would be neat for them get closer and for her and Jean to get closer only to find out what Sublime is capable (The death of Jean) of and then DRAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol

I was totally thinking that too...lol

#17 Posted by poisonfleur (3026 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

@silver_raven said:

I was totally thinking that too...lol

Great minds think alike! ;D

#18 Edited by darthphoenix (703 posts) - - Show Bio

before rachel was linked to korvus, now sublime? why is she linked to aliens?

where the hell is franklin?

#19 Posted by JetiiMitra (8479 posts) - - Show Bio

After a quick wiki search... it looks like Sublime and ANYONE would be awkward.

#20 Posted by darthphoenix (703 posts) - - Show Bio

haha. why, what did you find out?

#21 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthphoenix: You are talking about Rachel Grey, the girl who also turned into a freaking Dinosaur under the great hand of Claremont.

Franky is with the Fantastic Four, in space, doing space stuff, with time travel. (I have not read any F4 issues besides the 1st one in Marvel NOW! But I've seen the cover so...)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.