So is beast with the xmen or avengers?

#1 Posted by Dman1366 (840 posts) - - Show Bio

I swear in AvX 6, he walked away from the avengers, but in WatX 12 he fights the xmen.

#2 Posted by Ragelantern (50 posts) - - Show Bio

He didn't walk away he just said that he was for the Phoenix five because they were doing so many good things, as of right now he's an avenger.... Remember he walked away because of XForce.... Obviously the writers can change it lol!!!

#3 Posted by Dman1366 (840 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ragelantern said:

He didn't walk away he just said that he was for the Phoenix five because they were doing so many good things, as of right now he's an avenger.... Remember he walked away because of XForce.... Obviously the writers can change it lol!!!

I totally forgot about him being pissed about x-force! nvm my fanboy-fail question hahaha

#4 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ragelantern said:

Are you referring to Nation X? cause last I remember he walked away cause he was pissed at scott for hiding things and leaving him to torchered by D.Beast and Norman (which was a betrayal of his friendship considering his history with Scott as being one of the original 5)

As of right now he's an Avenger but we shall see down the road.

#5 Posted by Ragelantern (50 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hareil0079 that was one of the other reasons but I think the last draw was XForce. Yeah we will see where he ends up after the AvX.
#6 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ragelantern said:

@Hareil0079 that was one of the other reasons but I think the last draw was XForce. Yeah we will see where he ends up after the AvX.

He knew about X-Force he never agreed with it, but he was definitely pissed at the the whole Idea of how Scott wasn't open with his plans with nobody and the only person he chose to tell was emma at the end of Dark X-Men/Utopia (TPB) and left him to be torchered. (a violation of trust, friendship, and the whole idea of their history, you know Jean, Bobby, Warren, Scott and Hank, that they should have an unbreakable bond a higher level of trust than anything else but hid it from those closest to him) He elaborates even more when at the end of schism when he's leaving with logan and tells namor why and namor calls him out on it.

#7 Posted by Dman1366 (840 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hareil0079 said:

@Ragelantern said:

He knew about X-Force he never agreed with it, but he was definitely pissed at the the whole Idea of how Scott wasn't open with his plans with nobody and the only person he chose to tell was emma at the end of Dark X-Men/Utopia (TPB) and left him to be torchered. (a violation of trust, friendship, and the whole idea of their history, you know Jean, Bobby, Warren, Scott and Hank, that they should have an unbreakable bond a higher level of trust than anything else but hid it from those closest to him) He elaborates even more when at the end of schism when he's leaving with logan and tells namor why and namor calls him out on it.

i have always wanted, atleast for AvX, to have Bobby, Scott, Warren, and Hank to have a meeting about the PF.

#8 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dman1366 said:

@Hareil0079 said:

@Ragelantern said:

i have always wanted, atleast for AvX, to have Bobby, Scott, Warren, and Hank to have a meeting about the PF.

You can look at in WaTX#12 as his brief meeting :p

#9 Posted by Dman1366 (840 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hareil0079: hahaha nothing like shooting your best friend in the face right?!?

#10 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dman1366 said:

@Hareil0079: hahaha nothing like shooting your best friend in the face right?!?

I can't wait til the 3rd Act see what changes we'll see.

#11 Posted by Ragelantern (50 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hareil0079 Thanks I read all that and forgot!!
#12 Posted by Ragelantern (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you guys been reading the AvX storylines in the other x books? The wolverine and x men one has been pretty decent....

#13 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

The Tie-Ins are better and are explaining more than the main book

#14 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast has been written so poorly in recent years. He left Utopia for two main reasons: x-force and Scott leaving him to be tortured during Dark x-men/Utopia (Scott waited for the right moment to save him i.e. after gathering x-force). Beast then finds out that Wolverine restarted x-force and he berated him for that also but now he seems to have moved past his anger towards Logan yet still hates Scott with a passion and apparently he did some killing himself as a secret Avenger (I don't know for sure but I heard he did). Then in x-men Legacy Mimic and Weapon Omega come to the school and Beast helps the both of them anf forgives them WTF? These two were both a part of the Dark X-men and Weapon Omega was the mutant that tortured Beast voluntarily and took pleasure from it for christs sake! So he can forgive everyone but Cyclops? You could argue then that he still feels angry that Scott betrayed their friendship but in WATX when Bobby (his best friend during the original 5 days) ask to talk things out he shoots him the face...what..the...hell. AVX has just continued to make his character worse. First he was with the Avengers trying to stop the Phoenix, then he left them in AVX #6 and now he's back with them. There are a lot of traitors in this event but Beast is winning the race.

#15 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6097 posts) - - Show Bio
@Osian2 said:

Beast has been written so poorly in recent years. He left Utopia for two main reasons: x-force and Scott leaving him to be tortured during Dark x-men/Utopia (Scott waited for the right moment to save him i.e. after gathering x-force). Beast then finds out that Wolverine restarted x-force and he berated him for that also but now he seems to have moved past his anger towards Logan yet still hates Scott with a passion and apparently he did some killing himself as a secret Avenger (I don't know for sure but I heard he did). Then in x-men Legacy Mimic and Weapon Omega come to the school and Beast helps the both of them anf forgives them WTF? These two were both a part of the Dark X-men and Weapon Omega was the mutant that tortured Beast voluntarily and took pleasure from it for christs sake! So he can forgive everyone but Cyclops? You could argue then that he still feels angry that Scott betrayed their friendship but in WATX when Bobby (his best friend during the original 5 days) ask to talk things out he shoots him the face...what..the...hell. AVX has just continued to make his character worse. First he was with the Avengers trying to stop the Phoenix, then he left them in AVX #6 and now he's back with them. There are a lot of traitors in this event but Beast is winning the race.

I think everyone has been written terribly over the past few years and there doesn't seem to be any kind of balance with any of the characters.  I agree that Beast gets the worst end of all this since he's being written as joining sides back and forth.
#16 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog:I just couldn't understand it when he refused to speak with Bobby and shot him in the face instead. Isn't Beast supposed to be a rational and peaceful type of character?

#17 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6097 posts) - - Show Bio
@Osian2 said:

@Rabbitearsblog:I just couldn't understand it when he refused to speak with Bobby and shot him in the face instead. Isn't Beast supposed to be a rational and peaceful type of character?

That's what I thought too, but lately, Marvel just doesn't know what to do with his character.
#19 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2

I think the main issue Beast has with Cyclops is to do with trust/feeling a sense of betrayal on Scott's part. A sense of loss of one of his closest friends. I'd imagine Beast felt ultimately betrayed that Scott was the one to form X-Force. It's something that could have been expected of Wolverine, but not of Cyclops. IMO, their friendship was entirely fragmented by Cyclops' gradual change into accepting more violent, militaristic methods to ensure mutantkind's survival, but also by Beast's unwillingness to accept/anger that Cyclops changed because of this.

Mimic and Weapon Omega should just die. It's ridiculous that they're allowed at Wolverine's school in the first place, let alone Beast's apparent forgiveness of them.

As for the topic, Beast's on the side of mutantkind, not necessarily either with the X-Men or the Avengers; he doesn't agree with Cyclops' "maniacal" viewpoints/actions.

#20 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (7620 posts) - - Show Bio

He is on the Avengers side

#21 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine:I suppose you're right with Beast feeling that Scott betrayed his trust but now Beast is doing something worse by attacking Bobby and refusing to talk it out. Also Beasts anger seems unfair as he hates Cyclops because of x-force but not Wolverine, at least Scott disbanded x-force. It's unfair to put so much expectation on Scott who has the burden of leading the entire mutant race (pre-schism) but at the same time accept Logans behavior because it's expected of him. If he can forgive Logan then he should be able to forgive Scott on some level.

Scotts gradual change has been something that hasn't sat well with many x-men and it just makes me wonder why they never did anything about it when it started. After Scott was finally freed from his merger with Apocalypse he was already a noticeably "darker" person but no one did anything about it. Jean figured he just needed some time and grew more distant and Xavier sent him on vacation (where he was attacked by Juggernaut, not exactly relaxing). You would think that the two most powerful telepaths would have offered some sort of therapy. Ironically it was Wolverine that noticed the change and even offered to talk to Scott if he needed it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.