Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

So I just got paid...

landrysaathoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Here's the story....

I've been around here asking for X-Men reading advice a little while, and now it's finally time to pick up some comics.

I have around $250, and I'm going to try and read it mostly chronologically, starting with Claremont's run. After I buy the first two omnibuses (will be around $100 and ends at Uncanny X-Men 153-ish) what should I buy next?

Annnnnnnndddd GO!

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Here's the story....

I've been around here asking for X-Men reading advice a little while, and now it's finally time to pick up some comics.

I have around $250, and I'm going to try and read it mostly chronologically, starting with Claremont's run. After I buy the first two omnibuses (will be around $100 and ends at Uncanny X-Men 153-ish) what should I buy next?

Personally, I wouldn't advise spending $100 just to get to issue 153-ish, since there's really only 3 or 4 especially classic stories that happen by that point (the Dark Phoenix Saga, the Days of Future Past,God Loves, Man Kills -which might not even be in the omnibus, and maybe I, Magneto) and a lot more classic stuff that happens after that point.

Those first three stories I mentioned are definitely a solid start in themselves, so I'd be more inclined to recommend just getting them individually (or starting with the 2nd omnibus if they're all in it) and then maybe getting the 3rd omnibus if you want to read more of Claremont's classic work beyond. After that, maybe just go for some classic story lines;

Essential X-men Reading(click on this)

Spideyfan3160

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Spideyfan3160

@landrysaathoff: get a subscription to marvel unlimited you get a ton of comics for 60.00 for a year and they have most of claremonts run

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Food.

bornlivedie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Start with Giant Sized X-Men #1 and then jump into the Phoenix - Dark Phoenix saga, and then Days of Future Past.

For more, visit:

http://www.comicsbackissues.com/list-of-major-events-in-the-x-men-universe/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.