Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

So how did Jean...

• 55 results
    JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JonSmith

So in All New X-Men 02...

Jean manages to somehow knock out Wolverine, whose notorious for his mental shielding and general resistance to telepathic assault. He even begins to comment on it himself prior to said knocking out.

Did I miss something? How'd she do that?!

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2  Edited By McKlayn

shes just that damn good? Not sure i was curious about that too. Thing is Quinten Quire or how ever you spell that was able to rip into his mind during the Alpha & Omega mini series, Jean is Omega level so maybe (yes i know she doesnt have any training yet but yea lol ) best guess

Avatar image for the_goddess_of_chaos
    The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JonSmith

shshe tried to use her tp power because beast mention she had it :

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JonSmith

@The_Goddess_of_Chaos said:

she tried to use her tp power because beast mention she had it :

I know she has telepathic abilities, even if she hadn't activated them at the time, I could understand how she'd accessed them once she realized she had them. I'm wondering how she managed to use them to perform the previously stated spoiler, when other, more experienced, telepath's have tried and failed to do so. Even Prof X was unable to do that.

Avatar image for the_goddess_of_chaos
    The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JonSmith: i think its the shock that beast told them that scott kills prof.x......what all that white stuff in the red on the last panel

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By XsPectre28

jean is the only person who can enter wolverine's mind unchallenged

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Madame_Mist

She has such raw power maybe. Coupled with her telekinesis that's not in her full control, I think that's why Xavier put the mental shields up for her. So, perhaps, she just has such raw power but it's untrained?

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By SoA

i believe she had a mental block about using telepathy after she is told she has the potential she tried it out on wolverine , im not sure if the wearer can let his guard down as far as mental guards go , but after seeing jean ,logan lets his guard down because he knew the first class were not going to harm him. jean tries out knocking out wolverine, voila!

Med

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Med

Maybe logan wanted her in his head. It's Jean after all. He has a definite soft spot towards her.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Remember folks, Bendis wrote that.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's probably PIS, but mutants often experience a power surge when they first access new abilities especially under stress.

@Med said:

Maybe logan wanted her in his head. It's Jean after all. He has a definite soft spot towards her.

Yeah. It could definitely be argued that his telepathic resistance against Jean might be lower then it would against an enemy telepath. Jean could even track and pull Storm into the astral plane even though other psychics have issues doing that to Storm. There is a panel from the '00s where Jean mentions this to her.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By chasereis

Did they still use that after the Scarlet Witch thing? I thought and please correct me if I am fictitiously remembering this (which would be ironic) that the reason why he had said psy-shielding was from his distorted memories and all the crap it came from the weapon X program right?

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Veitha

Bad writing?

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

@AgeofHurricane said:

Remember folks, Bendis wrote that.

This.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@IllyanaRasputin: Lol. Have you seen #3's preview ?

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By HexThis

Honestly, the guy has a regenerative healing factor, weighted blows due to the adamantium, and can smell when people are lying along with just about every single other emotion....I think it'd be OK if they bypassed at least one of those impossibly tedious strengths.

IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

@AgeofHurricane: Yes. Where the fudge is Emma? My home girl is missing out on a lot of action and I am not liking this one bit. From leading X-Lady to NOTHING. *sigh* It's okay though. The preview for #3 looks good though. Minus Magneto fking up and not being able to stop the truck from smashing into them.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@IllyanaRasputin: I actually asked that question to see your reaction for Magik's dialogue...LOL.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#19  Edited By time1

@IllyanaRasputin said:

@AgeofHurricane: Yes. Where the fudge is Emma? My home girl is missing out on a lot of action and I am not liking this one bit. From leading X-Lady to NOTHING. *sigh* It's okay though. The preview for #3 looks good though. Minus Magneto fking up and not being able to stop the truck from smashing into them.

Good, Emma deserve that treatment, Jean was treated poorly for years, just so Emma can shine in comics.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#20  Edited By x_29

@JonSmith: It might have something to do with jumping through time, maybe it sped up her powers in some way. Idk, but that is the closet thing i can come up with as an answer.

IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

@time: Honestly Time, I never argue on this forum and rarely bash characters but what in the mother Theresa are you talking about. When the eff was Jean Grey treated poorly? She was an amazing character which writers wrote stupendously. Did she die yes, but don't turn around and be a suck about it and say she was treated poorly through years because she wasn't. She was written quite amazingly before she died in the New X-Men run. Also, Nightcrawler died, does that mean he was treated poorly and that Pixie sucks because she's the X-Men's main teleporter now? NO THATS NOT WHAT IT MEANS.

You're annoying as hell when it comes to your comments about Emma Frost. I get it, the whole god damn board gets it, you like Jean Grey better than Emma, it's obvious, but you're constantly egging comments on and it's really immature and you caught me on a bad day today (obviously) and you really need to just stop, because if you're looking for a confrontation woowho, here it is happy?

ALSO. If you knew anything you'd know that Emma Frost has been treated poorly in the X-Comics for sometime now because she's been Cyclops' shadow and nothing more. So please, don't go off saying how its her turn to be treated poorly just because your precious Jean Grey has been dead for over a decade now.

You really just pissed me off with that comment - and you have every right to bash Emma all you want, next time don't tag me in it so I won't be compelled to read something more idiotic than what you already wrote above.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JonSmith

@time said:

Good, Emma deserve that treatment, Jean was treated poorly for years, just so Emma can shine in comics.

@IllyanaRasputin said:

Honestly Time, I never argue on this forum and rarely bash characters but what in the mother Theresa are you talking about. When the eff was Jean Grey treated poorly? She was an amazing character which writers wrote stupendously. Did she die yes, but don't turn around and be a suck about it and say she was treated poorly through years because she wasn't. She was written quite amazingly before she died in the New X-Men run. Also, Nightcrawler died, does that mean he was treated poorly and that Pixie sucks because she's the X-Men's main teleporter now? NO THATS NOT WHAT IT MEANS.

You're annoying as hell when it comes to your comments about Emma Frost. I get it, the whole god damn board gets it, you like Jean Grey better than Emma, it's obvious, but you're constantly egging comments on and it's really immature and you caught me on a bad day today (obviously) and you really need to just stop, because if you're looking for a confrontation woowho, here it is happy?

ALSO. If you knew anything you'd know that Emma Frost has been treated poorly in the X-Comics for sometime now because she's been Cyclops' shadow and nothing more. So please, don't go off saying how its her turn to be treated poorly just because your precious Jean Grey has been dead for over a decade now.

You really just pissed me off with that comment - and you have every right to bash Emma all you want, next time don't tag me in it so I won't be compelled to read something more idiotic than what you already wrote above.

Am I going to have to call a randomly selected moderator to separate you two, or are you going to behave like good little boys and girls?

IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

@JonSmith: we're fine!!! we're civil in other topics just not when it comes to our prime characters, Jean Grey and Emma Frost.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By time1

@JonSmith said:

@time said:

@IllyanaRasputin said:

Honestly Time, I never argue on this forum and rarely bash characters but what in the mother Theresa are you talking about. When the eff was Jean Grey treated poorly? She was an amazing character which writers wrote stupendously. Did she die yes, but don't turn around and be a suck about it and say she was treated poorly through years because she wasn't. She was written quite amazingly before she died in the New X-Men run. Also, Nightcrawler died, does that mean he was treated poorly and that Pixie sucks because she's the X-Men's main teleporter now? NO THATS NOT WHAT IT MEANS.

Am I going to have to call a randomly selected moderator to separate you two, or are you going to behave like good little boys and girls?

I haven't done anything wrong, is the one loosing there cool. Just for the record

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JonSmith

@time said:

I haven't done anything wrong, is the one loosing there cool. Just for the record

You provoked the action. While his/her (presumably her) response was unnecessarily irate, your primary and knowing bashing of her character of choice was equally unnecessary. If the pair of you have differences, kindly possess the civility to settle it outside a thread, please. Or design a thread for the pair of you to hash out said differences in front of the public. Declare war between your respective characters and summon all like minded Viners to your sides to present decisions and counterarguments. Granted, Illyana has the advantage, since I hear Mercy is quite fond of Frost, so she's got Moderator back up...

Even if nothing is solved, I imagine it would be quite a show.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By time1

@JonSmith said:

@time said:

@IllyanaRasputin said:

You need to grow up a bit. Emma Frost has only been treated poorly for fours year now and only four years. Jean Grey has been treated poorly since Morrison run. In fact Morrison started it, he treated her poorly from day one. So that nearly 12 years now. It deosn't compare by the way.

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By queenfrost_

@IllyanaRasputin said:

^^^ Lool love u boo

And are we really gonna argue here? Jean Grey is like the lamest character....ever. The writers tried so hard to make her work and be loved, but just...no. Emma Frost just oozes depth, and despite writers constantly dragging her character down she still manages to secure a strong fanbase and be enjoyed by the masses. She is everything the writers wanted Jean Grey to be and more.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Crimsonlord53

A friend commented on jean putting logan down by saying remember jeans power is equal to a sledgehammer where as emma,s more a stiletto knife. So it may be jeanie just overwhelmed logan.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By John Valentine

Xavier imposed blocks on Jean to stop her from accessing her full powers and being overwhelmed. When she teleported to the present Xavier was no longer around therefore the mental blocks were down.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Veitha

@queenfrost_ said:

@IllyanaRasputin said:

^^^ Lool love u boo

And are we really gonna argue here? Jean Grey is like the lamest character....ever. The writers tried so hard to make her work and be loved, but just...no. Emma Frost just oozes depth, and despite writers constantly dragging her character down she still manages to secure a strong fanbase and be enjoyed by the masses. She is everything the writers wanted Jean Grey to be and more.

Lol.

“Right, right. Base defilement. Jean Grey is a sacred cow. At least we agree on half of that.”

[quote]

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By queenfrost_

@Veitha: Love that quote

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Blacharrt1

From what i remember in the history of Jean, it was revealed that she could always use both (telepathy and telekinesis), but her powers when she was younger were too strong so Charle's blocked her from being using her telepathy until she was ready. Jean has always been a more powerful telepath than Charles she just lacked the knowledge and wisdom of Charles, which is why he trained her for so long.

But she could have easily shut his brains down by using telekinesis to make him fall asleep. But it seemed after that instance in the book she could actively use the telepathic side of her powers.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@IllyanaRasputin said:

i agree

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@John Valentine said:

Xavier imposed blocks on Jean to stop her from accessing her full powers and being overwhelmed. When she teleported to the present Xavier was no longer around therefore the mental blocks were down.

cool theory

oh im glad emma and scott arent together anymore because if or when teen jean finds out about them she might want to fight them!!!

teen jean said in anxm2 that she doesnt want to be dead and dating a homicidal mutant terrorist

Avatar image for therealjeangrey
    TheRealJeanGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheRealJeanGrey

Emma Frost is as about as deep as a teaspoon. The daughter of rich absentee parents. Poor little rich girl. Always looking for a father figure in her men. This, her whole storyline has been done for years on every single major soap opera. She is neither Dynamic or innovative. She is a slutted up version of Jean. Just with waaay less power. And Jean seems to be hated because she's powerful and sweet. She isnt some damaged, over sexed whore with Daddy issues and a mother that couldnt teach her how to be a lady. A well rounded family life obviously gets u hated. She became a plot device, and even then Emma still was competing with, as she says it, a corpse. But Emma is only good as a runner up, in everything.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Lol. The b*tchy-catty tension between the Jean/Emma fan-bases intruigues me so.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By chasereis

I think wolvie faked it.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Veitha

@TheRealJeanGrey said:

Emma Frost is as about as deep as a teaspoon. The daughter of rich absentee parents. Poor little rich girl. Always looking for a father figure in her men. This, her whole storyline has been done for years on every single major soap opera. She is neither Dynamic or innovative. She is a slutted up version of Jean. Just with waaay less power. And Jean seems to be hated because she's powerful and sweet. She isnt some damaged, over sexed whore with Daddy issues and a mother that couldnt teach her how to be a lady. A well rounded family life obviously gets u hated. She became a plot device, and even then Emma still was competing with, as she says it, a corpse. But Emma is only good as a runner up, in everything.

haters gonna hate, darling.

@AgeofHurricane said:

LOL

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AgeofHurricane said:

no emma said it best: Right. right Base Defilement. Jean Grey is a sacred cow. At least we agree on half of that. <----lol

how hope jean RIP. shes dead lets leave it at that.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By John Valentine

@TheRealJeanGrey said:

Cry me a river.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#41  Edited By x_29

@TheRealJeanGrey said:

What the hell are you talking about!?!?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By InnerVenom123

@TheRealJeanGrey said:

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By time1

@TheRealJeanGrey said:

love what your saying.I agree with you

TheRealJeanGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TheRealJeanGrey

I just wanna say that up until recently i never had any issues with Emma, not even her character i understand how she has done all the things she has. And when u read her own backstory series alot more of her makes sense. I actually enjoyed it and even liked Emma. But its the Emma fans that make it impossible to tolerate. They immediately go into comparing the two and Jean bashing. Now why i understand that the writers have often put these two at odds, doesnt mean the fans have to degrade or disrespect the other character. I can see the interest and likability in both. Jean just so happens to be my favorite. Nothing against Emma. But when Emma fans constantly come after her, it gets a lil ridiculous, i kinda snapped, lol. Sorry for the previous offensive post. Its all accurate but offence was not the intention, that much, lol. but ... CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG -rant over and steps from soapbox-

No Caption Provided
    Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Veitha

Weren't you and Time to start the debate, not Emma Frost's fans?? Illyana Rasputin had just said something about Emma - not Jean- and you and Time started an argument about who's better between Emma and Jean, even if it was off-topic and if no one had stated nothing about or against Jean before. The ones who compared them were you, not Emma's fans.

TheRealJeanGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TheRealJeanGrey

@Veitha said:

Weren't you and Time to start the debate, not Emma Frost's fans?? Illyana Rasputin had just said something about Emma - not Jean- and you and Time started an argument about who's better between Emma and Jean, even if it was off-topic and if no one had stated nothing about or against Jean before. The ones who compared them were you, not Emma's fans.

Hunni, sweety, baby, cookie look first i read thru this thread before i posted what i said, my comment was not even geared towards Illyana Rasputin. I saw nothing wrong with what she said, as stated previously, people get very protective over main and faved characters. There was another comment made, bashing and attacking Jean where I thought it was offensive. Secondly please dont assume to kno the motives behind why i commented. Thirdly I wrote my last post because I didnt like how harsh I was on Emma, even tho I believe what I wrote, the tone in which it was written was unneccessary. And lastly it wasnt us who started it, I didnt start anything i was responding to a SPECIFIC comment made, altho i didnt tag the person or reply or quote it was for that comment.

TheRealJeanGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheRealJeanGrey

@Veitha said:

QueenForst :

^^^ Lool love u boo

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Veitha

@TheRealJeanGrey:

" time

Good, Emma deserve that treatment, Jean was treated poorly for years, just so Emma can shine in comics"

And this was before QueenForst's comment.

But I don't want to argue about this... live and let die, "Hunni, sweety, baby, cookie"

TheRealJeanGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TheRealJeanGrey

@Veitha said:

@TheRealJeanGrey:

" time

Good, Emma deserve that treatment, Jean was treated poorly for years, just so Emma can shine in comics"

And this was before QueenForst's comment.

But I don't want to argue about this... live and let die, "Hunni, sweety, baby, cookie"

lol, I cannot control others reaction, i showed u what sparked my response. thats all i can do. also "live and let die" girl get ya life.... very unecessary.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By JonSmith

... How is it, I ask a legitimate question, about Jean Grey... I come back, and there's not one, not TWO, but nearly THREE AND A HALF PAGES of JUST Jean Grey Fans and Emma Frost fans DUKING IT OUT OVER THERE CHARACTERS OF CHOICE?!

EMMA FROST FANS, while I respect your opinions, your presence is neither wanted nor required. Please leave.

JEAN GREY FANS, while I also respect your opinions, and you have a genuine right to be here given the question at hand, if you're only here to defend your character of choice rather than to help answer the question:

If the debate of whose character is so important to all of you, make your own **** thread to hash it out in.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.