So far,which do you prefer-Uncanny Xmen or Wolverine and the Xmen

#1 Posted by blazinasian112 (893 posts) - - Show Bio

So far I would have to say Uncanny Xmen....the Mr. Sinister storyline was decent, and the last two issues #5and #6 have been very interesting.

#2 Edited by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

UXM is more serious than WATXM. They are both written well so far but I like UXM because it's more serious.

#3 Edited by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have to say I like Uncanny X-men as it seems to be the more action/story driven release, but Wolverine and The X-men definitely has the humor. Logan goes to a space casino in the next issue, yes? Good times.

I happen to enjoy both a great deal.

#4 Posted by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine and The X-Men. Both are great right now but WATXM is a lot more fun. The X-Men have been stuck in dark and dreary mode for while so WATXM brings a nice change.

#5 Posted by ripcurl (474 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to say Wolverine and the X-men, but I can't.

Beginning the title's run with these teenage Hellfire Club douchebags as antagonists was a colossal fail.

#6 Edited by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

UXM, I don't like "fun" comics. If I want that kind of fun I'll go watch reruns of Spongebob or something for free not 3.99 an issue

#7 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine and the xmen has humor so i like it more i hate when a comic is completly story driven a few funnies here and there would have been nice in uncanny

#8 Posted by Sentry9224 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I like UXM better because Colossus in it.

Wolverine and the X-men is okay, need to give it a few more issues

#9 Posted by Skaddix (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

WATXM. Its just really fun.

So far the Extinction Team is not living up to their name. Not enough character development, interaction and characterization either. But this team needs to actually win one they walked into an obvious ambush from Sinister and got owned most of the team was barely using any firepower. Seriously, they should have leveled the complex which is well within several members powersets. Scott, Piotr and Storm should have just flattened his headquarters instead of firing single shots like noobs. All the wins so far have been their opponent choosing to pack it in be that Sinister and Celestials walking off or the alien suicide.

#10 Posted by LadyHarley (50 posts) - - Show Bio

WATXM is great for humour and action, but UXM has a more serious tone.

I would have to go with UXM because they tell more serious stories, but lately it's kind of lacked depth in certain areas.

#11 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

WATXM.

#12 Posted by Pbott (210 posts) - - Show Bio

I like them both more than I would have thought, but I have to go with UXM, its just has more, interesting stuff going on, and its not like its not funny to, its has its moments like with namor. However My favorite (other than UXF) is Legacy. Christos Gage is such a wonderful writer who knows how to write interesting characters who is one of the most under rated writers at marvel IMO.

#13 Posted by Hysteria (217 posts) - - Show Bio

WATXM. Although there hasn't been as many issues as UXM but I've enjoyed everyone. It also has more of my favourite charactera. Wolverine, Gambit, Kitty Pryde, Rogue, Ice-Man, Beast.

Online
#14 Posted by feargalr (1152 posts) - - Show Bio

@ripcurl: Ya I hate those hellfire kids, like a villain isn't supposed to be disliked to the point that it puts people off the book :/

#15 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

gonna go with WATXM. more fun, more laghs, characters getting respect ( im looking at you iceman). and next a casino in space and kitty pregnant by who knows who. DAMN thats good reading!!!

#16 Posted by WeaponX619 (79 posts) - - Show Bio

WATXM stories are more interesting to me and I like the characters more, I feel like they're get wayyyy more character growth with WATXM and XML. More than half of the UXM characters have a stick up their *** and can get dry at times, they have a no fun zone.

#17 Posted by Nudeviking (479 posts) - - Show Bio

WATXM has Doop. Doop > Any other Marvel Character.

WATXM it is...

#18 Edited by Blowout (217 posts) - - Show Bio

WATXM! I agree that they have more characters they can develop, but also they also go back to the roots of the X-men. It is a really cool school. And they are going with the balance that Xavier set of teaching and defending. Without Xavier as a focal point of the school, they are trying to pass on the dream of coexistance and mutant development with a new faculty. I do not like the division within Uncanny X-men of Extinction Team, X-Club, Gen. Hope Team, New Mutants, and all the other random mutants. They are all over the place. I personally think Wolverine is overhyped a lot, and I don't like the name "Wolverine and the X-men", but the overall cast is awesome. I love Kitty Pryde, Iceman, Beast, and Rogue. I don't care about characters like Namor, Danger, and Magik on Uncanny X-men. Plus the way they are developing the new characters like Oya and Kid Omega is a lot of fun. I wish Storm, Colossus, and Psylocke would actually move back to the school. I don't really care for the kid Hellfire Club but I don't really care about Sinister's return either in Uncanny X-men. Hopefully they will come up with a better villains for both soon.

#19 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

UXM is more serious than WATXM. They are both written well so far but I like UXM because it's more serious.

this

#20 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine & The X-Men. It has all sorts of tragedies waiting to happen, but in the meantime it's more fun than Uncanny X-Men, and feels more like Uncanny X-Men used to when it was good. Uncanny X-Men may have relaunched from issue 1, but it's still the same title bogged down with all the same problems that I hated so much that I was forced to drop it.

Moderator
#21 Posted by Powerzone789 (430 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix said:

WATXM. Its just really fun.

So far the Extinction Team is not living up to their name. Not enough character development, interaction and characterization either. But this team needs to actually win one they walked into an obvious ambush from Sinister and got owned most of the team was barely using any firepower. Seriously, they should have leveled the complex which is well within several members powersets. Scott, Piotr and Storm should have just flattened his headquarters instead of firing single shots like noobs. All the wins so far have been their opponent choosing to pack it in be that Sinister and Celestials walking off or the alien suicide.

this

#22 Posted by TheRedRobin (226 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine and the X-men. Uncanny X-men isn't that great and I love Chris Bachalo.

#23 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny for me. I really dislike the art in WATXM.

#24 Posted by God_Spawn (37293 posts) - - Show Bio

UXM.

Moderator Online
#25 Posted by jhazzroucher (15049 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny X-men. more action

#26 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

Uncanny X-men. more action

Don't you mean "There's more chance of seeing Storm" ;)

Moderator
#27 Posted by Aero_gt (840 posts) - - Show Bio

uxm. watxm is too childish  the art sucks and the characters both villians and heros are lame other than kitty bobby and logan. one series graduated and went on to more big things while the other series reverted back to going to school in a fail attempt to recreate the old days. you cant have a new future if you stay stuck in the past.

#28 Posted by jhazzroucher (15049 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Uncanny X-men. more action

Don't you mean "There's more chance of seeing Storm" ;)

well, I want to give another reason since the main reason (which is Storm) is very obvious. : )

#29 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

@Aero_gt said:

you cant have a new future if you stay stuck in the past.

You can't have a future if you kill off all your child heroes; that's the point in W&tXM, they want to let the kids actually live like kids instead of leading them like sacrificial lambs to the alter Cyclops has constructed for Hope. Uncanny is still the same one-trick pony that it's been for the last few years; which killed sales & drove so many fans away.

Moderator
#30 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

W&TXM. It surprised me how much more I liked it than UXM. I've even considered dropping UXM. It just isn't my cup of tea, so far.

#31 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheOptimist said:

W&TXM. It surprised me how much more I liked it than UXM. I've even considered dropping UXM. It just isn't my cup of tea, so far.

#32 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine and the X-men

#33 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

@Powerzone789 said:

@Skaddix said:

WATXM. Its just really fun.

So far the Extinction Team is not living up to their name. Not enough character development, interaction and characterization either. But this team needs to actually win one they walked into an obvious ambush from Sinister and got owned most of the team was barely using any firepower. Seriously, they should have leveled the complex which is well within several members powersets. Scott, Piotr and Storm should have just flattened his headquarters instead of firing single shots like noobs. All the wins so far have been their opponent choosing to pack it in be that Sinister and Celestials walking off or the alien suicide.

this

#34 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

I like more characters in uxm than watxm...But I like the writing of watxm more. I'm really torn between these two books. And they are selling so well that I can't wait for someone ate the local swap meet to sell them at a discounted price because there are never extras. Arghghghh!

#35 Edited by Blowout (217 posts) - - Show Bio

@Aero_gt said:

one series graduated and went on to more big things while the other series reverted back to going to school in a fail attempt to recreate the old days.

This is my problem with UXM. Just because they brought all the mutants together and they live on an island does not mean the series graduated or improved. The original purpose of the X-men was to be peacekeepers and educators. I feel like WATXM is trying to go back to that. I personally do not see how they fail. Sure the art style isn't the greatest, but the storyline is fun and the characters are growing and changing. I feel like WATXM has a more interesting future ahead, where as UXM is kind of lost.

#36 Posted by WeaponX619 (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty said:

@Aero_gt said:

you cant have a new future if you stay stuck in the past.

You can't have a future if you kill off all your child heroes; that's the point in W&tXM, they want to let the kids actually live like kids instead of leading them like sacrificial lambs to the alter Cyclops has constructed for Hope. Uncanny is still the same one-trick pony that it's been for the last few years; which killed sales & drove so many fans away.

this 2x

#37 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blowout said:

@Aero_gt said:

one series graduated and went on to more big things while the other series reverted back to going to school in a fail attempt to recreate the old days.

This is my problem with UXM. Just because they brought all the mutants together and they live on an island does not mean the series graduated or improved. The original purpose of the X-men was to be peacekeepers and educators. I feel like WATXM is trying to go back to that. I personally do not see how they fail. Sure the art style isn't the greatest, but the storyline is fun and the characters are growing and changing. I feel like WATXM has a more interesting future ahead, where as UXM is kind of lost.

I really like this point. Back when the New Mutants first started in the 80's it was made clear that they were NOT meant to be the next generation of X-Men. Xavier's school was to teach mutants to control their powers & therefore not be mis-interpreted as a threat to society... Not to fight to protect a world that hates & fears them. The kids haven't really had much of an education since they moved to San Francisco/Utopia, yet they are all of an age where they should be in school and/or moving on to college. So I don't see the school a a backwards step at all :)

Moderator
#38 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

WATXM, with ease. UXM is just too serious, while WATX is heading the right way, post-Utopia.

#39 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3449 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to go with Uncanny X-Men - it may be too serious, too dramatic and overwrought but it seems to deal with reality moreso than the other title; I like the idea of re-establishing a school but I don't like the execution of it in WatXM. It just seems like a step back moreso than any advancement, and despite the "fun" tone, it tends to fall flat for me - like a bad sitcom, which is not necessarily a good thing, and it seems like a confusingly rendered ball of random at times.

#40 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I want to like Uncanny more, I have to say that WatXM is better. Uncanny focuses too much on the antagonist, rather than the heroes.

#41 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny X-Men, I want to like Wolverine and The X-Men but art is hideous.

#42 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty said:

@Aero_gt said:

you cant have a new future if you stay stuck in the past.

You can't have a future if you kill off all your child heroes; that's the point in W&tXM, they want to let the kids actually live like kids instead of leading them like sacrificial lambs to the alter Cyclops has constructed for Hope. Uncanny is still the same one-trick pony that it's been for the last few years; which killed sales & drove so many fans away.

Killing sales and driving away fans? So I guess Uncanny isn't selling more than WatXM and isn't the highest selling Marvel book, right?

#43 Posted by Skaddix (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

Or u know its selling because its called Uncanny X-men.

#44 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (9972 posts) - - Show Bio

Gillen's is good thus far but I am not that impressed yet....still early. WATX has been good and I think has more action than Uncanny but think they are pretty even for me.

#45 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix:And maybe WatXM is only selling because it has 'Wolverine' in its' title.

#46 Posted by Skaddix (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@Skaddix:And maybe WatXM is only selling because it has 'Wolverine' in its' title.

Maybe it is.

#47 Posted by davelecave (1113 posts) - - Show Bio

WATXM@xerox_kitty said:

Wolverine & The X-Men. It has all sorts of tragedies waiting to happen, but in the meantime it's more fun than Uncanny X-Men, and feels more like Uncanny X-Men used to when it was good. Uncanny X-Men may have relaunched from issue 1, but it's still the same title bogged down with all the same problems that I hated so much that I was forced to drop it.

YUP.

#48 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine and the X-Men is way more interesting because it can offer way more.

#49 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8865 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Wolverine and the X-men more. I like the characters better in that series than I do with Uncanny X-men.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.