Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

since scott is single

• 90 results
    Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

@darthphoenix said:

old scott and teen jean

I'd ship that s*(#

It kinda feels like dating his highschool girlfriends daughter.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

who knows? maybe it is the only chance for Rachel to be born in this timeline. hahaha

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@ec2277 said:

@darthphoenix said:

old scott and teen jean

No, I don't think it could work.

Still gonna ship that S***

Loading Video...

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@avenger85:

Good news for you then I guess.

Yup he loves the X-Men and Cyclops so much. Totally wants him to be the protagonist.

are you joking or being serious??? people on bendis tumblr ask him why he hates cyclops all the time

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85 said:

@adamtrmm said:

@avenger85:

Good news for you then I guess.

Yup he loves the X-Men and Cyclops so much. Totally wants him to be the protagonist.

are you joking or being serious??? people on bendis tumblr ask him why he hates cyclops all the time

Those ppl are totally misinformed. He's Cyclops' biggest fanboy.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85:

No, it's Aaron actually.

With Remender, expect Wanda School of Higher leaning to replace JG.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@avenger85:

No, it's Aaron actually.

With Remender, expect Wanda School of Higher leaning to replace JG.

lol im starting to like the magneto school for gifted youngsters

zdub327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By zdub327

Come on guys! Am I really the only one who wants to see Emma and Cyclops stay together?

I mean, they've been broken up for two years! Isn't that long enough? I've been going nuts, waiting for them to get back together!

Reasons that Cyclops and Emma should stay together:

1) Cyclops is at his most interesting when he's morally ambiguous, when he's a wild card. When he's the leader, he's an insufferable prick. But when he's a rogue, he's inspiring, enigmatic, and really dangerous. A partner like Jean Grey that brings him stability and makes him a better person . . . that's boring. Emma is dangerous, violent, and untrustworthy. Let's not reform her, and make her another goody two shoes one dimensional hero. She makes Cyclops more interesting, and he makes her more interesting.

2) They're f*cking hot together. Do guys remember that cover of them making out when they're both possessed by the Phoenix force?

3) Emma's most important trait is that she's a visionary deeply devoted to teaching mutants. Remember, she was never a convert to Xavier's dream. She was teaching mutants to use and control their powers long before she became good and joined the X-Men; she was first conceived in fact as a kind of evil counterpart to Xavier. For her to go to back to the Jean Grey School and be just another teacher . . . she needs to be leading a school. Anything less is beneath her. And her vision is for a place that's more militant, more violent, less clearly good than the Jean Grey School. It made perfect since for her to teach the newest generation of mutants with Cyclops in the New Xavier School. And if she and Cyclops are gonna be teaching together, why not just have them date?

4) The less love interests Cyclops and Emma Frost have, the more iconic they'll be. The best heroes have only one or two great loves. The Joker has Harley Quinn. Superman has Lois Lane and now Wonder Woman. Batman has Catwoman and Thalia al Ghul. Iron Man has Pepper, Wolverine has Jean Grey and the Japanese daughter of the Samari, Spider-Man has Gwen and Mary Jane. Keep it simple. There's no need to have every character ending up dating one another . . . that just gets confusing and gross if they all have history together! Keep Cyclops and Emma together.

Maybe my reasons are weak . . . all I know is that I want my favorite couple in comics to finally get back together!

That said, I do actually like Young Scott and Young Jean together! Sorry Hank.

If I were to pair up Emma with someone else, I'd choose Cannonball. I could see her wanting someone more trustworthy and idealistic after Scott, and the guy's a natural leader, so I think they'd be a good fit together. She would definitely make Sam Guthrie more interesting, and the cultural differences between a British snob and a farm boy could be fun! Another alternative would be to pair Emma with Magneto, and to have them be evil together! That'd be fun ;)

As for Scott . . . I sincerely don't know. I definitely don't want him with Jubilee or Dazzler. Maybe with Shadowcat, though? He'd really have to get his shit together in order for Kitty to give him a chance, but they'd definitely make an entertaining pairing! And Emma would be so pissed!

So yeah. those are my official suggestions. Have Scott fall in love with Shadowcat, and she can help make him good again, and have Emma fall in love with Magneto, and they can be evil! Really though my sincerest wish is for Cyclops and Emma to be together!

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zdub327: i like the emma dating magneto thing but she made fun of his helmet once "to cover his grey hair"

zdub327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By zdub327

@hopesummersforthefuture: Ah, that's my Emma. Total and utter b*tch <3

But yah, you're right. Emma's probably too shallow to date anyone who doesn't look like they stepped right out of a J Crew catalog.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zdub327: its nice that you think teen jean should be with teen scott. but i dont think there boring, its like saying the phoenix is boring or cable or rachel or hope

zdub327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture:

Don't hate me but I'm actually not a big Hope fan . . . for me she never really became anything more than an archetype or a metaphor, and was a big part of why the Avengers vs X-Men event was a let down. She never really felt organic or original - she was just a plot device.

I actually like Jean Grey a lot, if she's written well! I think Bendis has done an excellent job with her. For me, the risk with Jean Grey is that she can become this sort of Virgin Mary like character: so perfect and flawless that she becomes completely unreleatable. Superman has the same problem; he's too perfect and too godlike. With both characters, the way to salvage their characters is to make them deeply flawed and incredibly vulnerable. Claremont did that really well with Jean, with the whole Dark Phoenix thing. Jean was out of control and wild and violent, making her way more interesting than the beautiful, compassionate, brilliant heroine she was before. Bendis's Jean is similarly complicated. She would be too smart, too powerful, too beautiful, but she becomes relateable b/c of her intense vulnerability and helplessness. She's just learned that she's gonna destroy the world, that she's gonna die and be reborn and have time-displaced children and everything else, and it's so overwhelming and she's just gotta do something seize control over her life. We've all felt that way . . . out of control, lost, and helpless. Jean isn't a victim, in fact she's the hero and leader of the All New X-Men. That's why her character works. Because she's lost everything, and is fighting to get it back.

So yeah, that's why I wasn't originally a fan of Jean and Scott. They were too perfect, too in control, too boring. As someone who's not perfect or in control, I couldn't relate to them. But young Scott and young Jean are both different people than they were before. They're scared as hell, shocked by the knowledge of who they grow up to become. There's a genuineness and authenticity to their relationship that feels fresh and exciting. It's kind of wreckless, maybe even stupid for them to date again, knowing what will happen. And yet they're in love enough to maybe do it anyway . . . which is insane but also really romantic and rash and just the sort of thing you do when you're young and headstrong!

And I like both Cable and Rachel! Rachel was better during Excalibur days when she was kind of crazy, but she's still a badass :)

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#63  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@zdub327: Please censor the curse words next time. Thank you.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@zdub327 said:

Come on guys! Am I really the only one who wants to see Emma and Cyclops stay together?

I mean, they've been broken up for two years! Isn't that long enough? I've been going nuts, waiting for them to get back together!

Reasons that Cyclops and Emma should stay together:

1) Cyclops is at his most interesting when he's morally ambiguous, when he's a wild card. When he's the leader, he's an insufferable prick. But when he's a rogue, he's inspiring, enigmatic, and really dangerous. A partner like Jean Grey that brings him stability and makes him a better person . . . that's boring. Emma is dangerous, violent, and untrustworthy. Let's not reform her, and make her another goody two shoes one dimensional hero. She makes Cyclops more interesting, and he makes her more interesting.

2) They're f*cking hot together. Do guys remember that cover of them making out when they're both possessed by the Phoenix force?

3) Emma's most important trait is that she's a visionary deeply devoted to teaching mutants. Remember, she was never a convert to Xavier's dream. She was teaching mutants to use and control their powers long before she became good and joined the X-Men; she was first conceived in fact as a kind of evil counterpart to Xavier. For her to go to back to the Jean Grey School and be just another teacher . . . she needs to be leading a school. Anything less is beneath her. And her vision is for a place that's more militant, more violent, less clearly good than the Jean Grey School. It made perfect since for her to teach the newest generation of mutants with Cyclops in the New Xavier School. And if she and Cyclops are gonna be teaching together, why not just have them date?

4) The less love interests Cyclops and Emma Frost have, the more iconic they'll be. The best heroes have only one or two great loves. The Joker has Harley Quinn. Superman has Lois Lane and now Wonder Woman. Batman has Catwoman and Thalia al Ghul. Iron Man has Pepper, Wolverine has Jean Grey and the Japanese daughter of the Samari, Spider-Man has Gwen and Mary Jane. Keep it simple. There's no need to have every character ending up dating one another . . . that just gets confusing and gross if they all have history together! Keep Cyclops and Emma together.

Maybe my reasons are weak . . . all I know is that I want my favorite couple in comics to finally get back together!

That said, I do actually like Young Scott and Young Jean together! Sorry Hank.

If I were to pair up Emma with someone else, I'd choose Cannonball. I could see her wanting someone more trustworthy and idealistic after Scott, and the guy's a natural leader, so I think they'd be a good fit together. She would definitely make Sam Guthrie more interesting, and the cultural differences between a British snob and a farm boy could be fun! Another alternative would be to pair Emma with Magneto, and to have them be evil together! That'd be fun ;)

As for Scott . . . I sincerely don't know. I definitely don't want him with Jubilee or Dazzler. Maybe with Shadowcat, though? He'd really have to get his shit together in order for Kitty to give him a chance, but they'd definitely make an entertaining pairing! And Emma would be so pissed!

So yeah. those are my official suggestions. Have Scott fall in love with Shadowcat, and she can help make him good again, and have Emma fall in love with Magneto, and they can be evil! Really though my sincerest wish is for Cyclops and Emma to be together!

That's like, totally your own opinion, bro. Which I completely disagree with.

zdub327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Sorry God_Spawn! Guess I just got a little over enthusiastic lol.

zdub327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85: So what's your take on the situation?

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zdub327 said:

@avenger85: So what's your take on the situation?

I'm glad Scott broke up with Emma and is single now.

zdub327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85: fair enough. I guess as long as they continue developing Emma's character and giving her interesting scenes I can deal.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#69  Edited By Teerack

@ec2277 said:
    @god_spawn said:

[…]

For all we know, Scott and Emma could get back together

[…]

After this dialogue?

No Caption Provided

I don't think it is possible and not for the sentence, «At this point I wouldn't touch you with Namor's trident.» But because after all what Emma said, there was only a thing that interested to Scott: how long she has recovered her full powers.

In my opinion it isn't a dialogue that leave room to a reconciliation.

Haha, only if you conveniently ignore the part where she says she knows how conflicted he is about what he's saying and on the next page where she tells him she is still his biggest fan.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: I also conveniently ignored the last Emma's words: «Now I actually wish my powers were still broken, because this is brutal.

[…]»

In the same way I also conveniently ignored the shed tears by Emma even if she was in her diamond form.

No, I don't think Marvel wants reunite the couple.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Teerack

@ec2277: Emma wouldn't have said those things and wouldn't have teared up if she still didn't love Scott so you're actually arguing against yourself now. :V

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Teerack

I think Emma and Scott will get back together because they only broke up because Bendis is a big Jean fan and didn't like Scott with Emma. I don't think most X-Men creators feel that way so they will likely get back together eventually after Bendis leaves X-Men.

If I HAD to pick someone new I would say Polaris. I think it would be kind of crazy interesting for Scott to get in a relationship with his brother's ex-wife.

That or possibly Scarlet Witch since both of them have kind of been shunned and demonized by their fellow mutants.(If Wanda even is a mutant anymore)

Maybe Medusa could be a cool paring since she has been put into a crappy spot where the pressure of looking after her people is now on her shoulders and it was kind of the same thing that happen to scott except instead of his people growing they were shrinking.

A non-mutant character could be really good for Scott too who seems to have forgotten he and all mutants are still HUMANS. I think maybe if they followed up some of the seeds Bendis laid down Maria Hill? She was mentioned how she found Scott crazy sexy, and with Scott turning himself in maybe she could give him a similar king of deal she had with Bruce Banner where he gets to be free but he works for S.H.I.E.L.D.

SamantaGothic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like Scott with Illyana. Yeah he is a bit old for her...but who cares XD My two fav characters .

somacula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samantagothic: Kitty would never allow that, she'd call the Canadian cops, the Guardians, the living tribunal and straw feminists to stop Cyke . How old is Illyana supposed to be anyways?

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somacula said:

@samantagothic: Kitty would never allow that, she'd call the Canadian cops, the Guardians, the living tribunal and straw feminists to stop Cyke . How old is Illyana supposed to be anyways?

no

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By EC2277
    @teerack said:

@ec2277: Emma wouldn't have said those things and wouldn't have teared up if she still didn't love Scott so you're actually arguing against yourself now. :V

Now I see what you mean.

Ok then, because I didn't talked about Emma, but about Scott: she leaved Scott because she didn't read the thoughts that she wanted read. She read thought of a man in conflict about her, but not the thoughts that she wanted read.

What it means that?

I try to explain what I mean with an example: every time that Scott lost Jean, the first thing that he did was look for another woman. She could be Colleen Wing, Aleytys Forrester, Madelyne Pryor, but every time that Jean comes back, he return with Jean. It is like if Scott needs a woman in order to keep his mental balance (it isn't the right word, but I don't find a better term) and in this moment Emma is the more suitable woman to do that.

This is my point: Emma didn't read the thoughts of a man who is still in love for her. Emma read the thoughts of a man that want Emma to fill the void left by Jean, but he is also conscious that their story is ended.

@teerack said:

I think Emma and Scott will get back together because they only broke up because Bendis is a big Jean fan and didn't like Scott with Emma. I don't think most X-Men creators feel that way so they will likely get back together eventually after Bendis leaves X-Men.

[…]

I don't think, because Bendis isn't the first writer who suggest the idea that the only real Scott's love is Jean and Emma is only a kind of replacement.

Moreover do you see Emma live with a man, who had transformed his house in a sort of sanctuary when keep a phoenix egg?

I no.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Teerack

@ec2277 said:

Ok then, because I didn't talked about Emma, but about Scott: she leaved Scott because she didn't read the thoughts that she wanted read. She read thought of a man in conflict about her, but not the thoughts that she wanted read.

If you use context of the conversation the only reason she would bring up his conflict after what he said was to prove a point that she could always see through his bullshit even in this moment and knows he still can't make up his mind about her and fully reject or love her.

@ec2277 said:

What it means that?

I try to explain what I mean with an example: every time that Scott lost Jean, the first thing that he did was look for another woman. She could be Colleen Wing, Aleytys Forrester, Madelyne Pryor, but every time that Jean comes back, he return with Jean. It is like if Scott needs a woman in order to keep his mental balance (it isn't the right word, but I don't find a better term) and in this moment Emma is the more suitable woman to do that.

This is my point: Emma didn't read the thoughts of a man who is still in love for her. Emma read the thoughts of a man that want Emma to fill the void left by Jean, but he is also conscious that their story is ended.

These are all things that don't apply to their relationship since Scott had been cheating on Jean with Emma for a year and then even admitted to choosing her over Jean while he was still with Jean.

@ec2277 said:
    @teerack said:

[…]

I don't think, because Bendis isn't the first writer who suggest the idea that the only real Scott's love is Jean and Emma is only a kind of replacement.

Writers have opinions just like anyone else it doesn't make them any more holy then anyone else's. The only OTP in Marvel is Sue and Reed all other relationships can be broken. After what happen to Peter and MJ you can't really say the characters will end up with their one true love and Scott and Jean didn't work. They tried and it just didn't work that was the tragic twist to their love.

@ec2277 said:

Moreover do you see Emma live with a man, who had transformed his house in a sort of sanctuary when keep a phoenix egg?

I no.

@teerack said:

eventually

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Writers have opinions just like anyone else it doesn't make them any more holy then anyone else's. The only OTP in Marvel is Sue and Reed all other relationships can be broken. After what happen to Peter and MJ you can't really say the characters will end up with their one true love and Scott and Jean didn't work. They tried and it just didn't work that was the tragic twist to their love.

Yes, but there a thing that destroy every opinion of the writers: the love stories sell and the legendary love story sell better than the normal love story. The love story between Jean and Scott was just one of the legendary love stories and in fact after ten years of the Jean dead, after all the work did by Morrison to destroy that love story, we are again at the same point: «When (when not if) will Jean come back and will her love story with Cyclops restart?»

The return of Jean means money and the break the relationship between Emma and Scott is a way to suggest her imminent return; even if she will not come back soon. So they have to give us this feeling to keep high the sales and when we will get tired of this endless wait, Jean will resurrect to boost the sales.

I would love explain better my thought, but I feel that my English is too poor to explain well what I mean.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:
    @teerack said:

Yes, but there a thing that destroy every opinion of the writers: the love stories sell and the legendary love story sell better than the normal love story. The love story between Jean and Scott was just one of the legendary love stories and in fact after ten years of the Jean dead, after all the work did by Morrison to destroy that love story, we are again at the same point: «When (when not if) will Jean come back and will her love story with Cyclops restart?»

The return of Jean means money and the break the relationship between Emma and Scott is a way to suggest her imminent return; even if she will not come back soon. So they have to give us this feeling to keep high the sales and when we will get tired of this endless wait, Jean will resurrect to boost the sales.

I would love explain better my thought, but I feel that my English is too poor to explain well what I mean.

Scott & Wanda r gonna get married and live happily ever after.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

@avenger85: Naah, I prefer Scott and Logan.

Cyclops doesn't do corpses unless their cosmic-powered redheads.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By EC2277
    Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Eeshaan1685
    somacula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plus Deadpool dies tomorrow. Now the only chance of Logan and Cyclops happening is through Tyke and X 23, their spiritual and biological successors. On the other hand thanks to the magic of secret wars there'll be 1000 Cykes running around and a few AU Logans

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:
    @teerack said:

Scott being single when Jean returns would be a far less compelling story, and his relationship status wouldn't actually effect the marketing or sales of the comics by any noticeable about. It's not like this is Saga and the relationship is the whole selling point of the series...

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I really want to see Scott/Illyana...

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SamantaGothic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By SamantaGothic

Yeah i would like Scott with Illyana too XDD But yeah that will never happen. Dont think she is 16, she is more like 20.

somacula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samantagothic: The ultimate power couple, the Queen of hell and the mutant leader

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want the older jean back, so I'd say older Jean for him.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want him to get with Feral or Wolfsbane.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85: i thought u liked him with wanda which is funny cause he hates wanda. what about scott with lorna that would make havok jealous, lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.