Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Silly Question

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

I just reread Josh Wheldon's Run ON X men, and very curious to does anyone understand the reason why Cyclops lost control again? It seemed to me that the whole premise was he confronted his inner demons and took control of his power but then after which he had to go back to his glasses, i just dont understand it lol

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

It was only temporary. Probably because Whedon just thought it was cool and people would love it because its Whedon.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

been a while since I read it but wasn't it because at the time Emma was being controlled by Cassandra Nova and she had shut off his powers?

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn I think its was because he was scared of his power that he made himself believe that he couldnt control but he could. It was all about control and fear. Also when he became part of the phoenix 5, he was able to control his optic blast.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was only temporary. Probably because Whedon just thought it was cool and people would love it because its Whedon.

You just had to make me laugh, didn't you?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

You just had to make me laugh, didn't you?

I am glad someone found joy in my Whedon slandering. Usually it's met with anger.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

I just reread Josh Wheldon's Run ON X men, and very curious to does anyone understand the reason why Cyclops lost control again? It seemed to me that the whole premise was he confronted his inner demons and took control of his power but then after which he had to go back to his glasses, i just dont understand it lol

@god_spawn would know the answer better

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@mcklayn said:

@god_spawn would know the answer better

well thats what I'm saying, it was because he was scared or thats how i read it but then he learned to take control and not fear his power, what on earth caused the set back? it never seemed to explain that in the issue that he put his visor back on

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@mcklayn: I'd have to go back through Whedon's run, so I'm not really sure off the top of my head. But maybe it is what like Cattlebattle said was because it was Whedon. Whedon was a huge fan of Kitty Pryde, so what did he do? Stuffed her in a giant bullet and sent her away so she couldn't be in comics for awhile after his run. Whedon is also a huge fan of Cyclops, so giving the character the control that he lacked, which pretty much defined an aspect of the character. Now when we think of the time Cyclops had control we think Whedon.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.