Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Signs of a 2015 Reboot?

• 54 results
    Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Finally, we'll wrap fan Q&A for the week with street-level hero enthusiast Tyrell Archer: "Back in the '80s and '90s, Marvel experimented with non-superhero stories taking place in the Marvel Universe, like private investigators with 'Dakota North,' or sitcom fare with 'Damage Control.' Any similar plans for Marvel in the near future? I'd love to see an NYC police story as they deal with superhuman crime, etc."

Alonso: Funny you should ask, Tyrell. We have a couple things in this vein planned for 2015 after the reb--

you can read it here: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56177

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Koays  Online

Eh. Well the New Avenger/Avengers time war thing is intriguing as a way to do it...but i don't buy it. Marvel takes too much market share to need it.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Eh. Well the New Avenger/Avengers time war thing is intriguing as a way to do it...but i don't buy it. Marvel takes too much market share to need it.

dont forget time is broken and it might fall apart causing an end and a new beginning

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Koays  Online

@hopesummersforthefuture: which is why it's possible. ...I just don't think it will be more then what happened after the first Onslaught saga with the whole Heros reborn stuff.

Idk, we know the X-men are supposed to go on till the summer with their current direction, and Remender has No More Mutants coming after Axis.....it just seems like there working to hard to be planning a reboot.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wouldn't be surprised with Queseda/Alonso...

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: which is why it's possible. ...I just don't think it will be more then what happened after the first Onslaught saga with the whole Heros reborn stuff.

Idk, we know the X-men are supposed to go on till the summer with their current direction, and Remender has No More Mutants coming after Axis.....it just seems like there working to hard to be planning a reboot.

Theres another NO MORE MUTANTS????? WOW MARVEL IS RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS!!!!!!!!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Koays  Online

@hopesummersforthefuture: Lmao when you put it that way the reboot sounds more likely.

Though it's only happening in Uncanny Avengers as a storyline

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

I agree: sooner or later Bendis have to take back the Original 5 in their time and is very difficult (at least for me) immagine how that cannot restart the story of X-Men.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ec2277 said:

@koays said:

I agree: sooner or later Bendis have to take back the Original 5 in their time and is very difficult (at least for me) immagine how that cannot restart the story of X-Men.

I agree with you that once the O5 go back, they will know what their future is and try to change it, and the whole incursion thing will affect the Avengers and FF, hence rebooting the whole Marvel universe...

JCG79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They (Marvel) are just fucking with you. Pay it no mind.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

@koays said:

I agree with you that once the O5 go back, they will know what their future is and try to change it, and the whole incursion thing will affect the Avengers and FF, hence rebooting the whole Marvel universe...

No Caption Provided

Time-Space Continuum Anomaly, even marvel makes fun of a reboot but wants to reboot soon

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EC2277

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE Oh yeah!

On second thought the saga Avenger versus X-Men was a perfect start point for a reboot of all Marvel Universe: hypothetically in the end of the saga Cyclops, with the entire power of Phoenix and the assistance of Jean's spirit, would have been able to erase the entire storyline of Earth 616. After all this is the role of Phoenix Force: destroy what isn't okay and start a new genesis.

Maybe Bendis thinks to reboot only the X-Men with his revisited Original 5, or he don't thinks to a reboot. He is only writing a story and his successor will be who will have the trouble to fix the continuity.

I think Bendis want reboot only the X-Men whithout create an alternative universe.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

@ec2277: I agree that having the original 5 go back to where they came from would have to reset the universe in some way. Otherwise, this whole storyline about the original 5 coming to the present would lead up to nothing.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@ec2277: I agree that having the original 5 go back to where they came from would have to reset the universe in some way. Otherwise, this whole storyline about the original 5 coming to the present would lead up to nothing.

I vote it leads to nothing lmao Also since they insist that the 05 is the cannon 05 then when they go back, prof erases thier memories does some damage control and boom everything is fine OR they go back they reemeber and it creates an alternate time line upon there return that becomes another book about this alternate time line

I really dont believe marvel will start rebooting lol

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed unless it leads to a Reboot

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE Oh yeah!

On second thought the saga Avenger versus X-Men was a perfect start point for a reboot of all Marvel Universe: hypothetically in the end of the saga Cyclops, with the entire power of Phoenix and the assistance of Jean's spirit, would have been able to erase the entire storyline of Earth 616. After all this is the role of Phoenix Force: destroy what isn't okay and start a new genesis.

Maybe Bendis thinks to reboot only the X-Men with his revisited Original 5, or he don't thinks to a reboot. He is only writing a story and his successor will be who will have the trouble to fix the continuity.

I think Bendis want reboot only the X-Men whithout create an alternative universe.

All of this makes sence

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog said:

Agreed unless it leads to a Reboot

If it leads to a reboot the last 50 years of comics have lead up to nothing, so I choose no reboot, let the 05 be a plot device, and move on with the X-Men rather than have us all have wasted a lot of time and money on stories that get erased from canon.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@killraven4334: I agree. I wouldn't want good stories like The Dark Phoenix Saga to be erased from the X-Men canon if this turns out to be rebooted.

Roy_el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Roy_el

@killraven4334: it's possible they are only going to reboot the last several years. Secret wars,civil war,no more mutants,etc. It's looking more and more like someone might go back and "fix it".

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think rebooting maybe the last few years would work. At least more so than just rebooting the whole franchise. I mean really the biggest problem most fans have is with the 90's and the last 10-15 years or so.Ln Getting rid of all the hero vs hero infighting thats plagued the Marvel U since Civil War and even the magic House of M stuff would be great especially if the characters could still have some memory of what has happened.

As for Bendis......sigh....... the O5 should go back. Its senseless to have multiple versions of the same people running around. I would say look at how the Cable story was done. He remain in the present growing up as a child but was taken to the future ceasing to exist in the present. If Bendis wants to create an alternate universe then fine let him do that and be the architect of everything there. That would actually make more sense than the weak and ridiculous concept All New is currently working on. With a few more details and thought it could be so much better.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Can everything from 2006-2014 be rebooted or something...

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We have already had a partial reboot in the Marvel Universe: in the story "One more days" Mephisto offered himself to save the life of aunt May in exchange of the Peter and Mary Jane love. Peter accepted his offer and Mephisto rearranged the story of Spider-Man making sure that Peter and Mary they had never married.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

We have already had a partial reboot in the Marvel Universe: in the story "One more days" Mephisto offered himself to save the life of aunt May in exchange of the Peter and Mary Jane love. Peter accepted his offer and Mephisto rearranged the story of Spider-Man making sure that Peter and Mary they had never married.

omd to jean and scott, id buy that

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh I hate to think about this. :(
    I don't think I'd be happy about a reboot...

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dman1366

@ec2277: I know that story was just a cheap way of making people forget Peter's alter ego, but it was still a sad final issue

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366: Hickman's 2015 "time runs out" arc

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roy_el said:

@killraven4334: it's possible they are only going to reboot the last several years. Secret wars,civil war,no more mutants,etc. It's looking more and more like someone might go back and "fix it".

You have to take the good with the bad, and with all honesty I have loved everything with the X-Men up until schism. Schism fragmenting the X-Men was terrible and opened up the loss of Utopia during AvX. I however would not want Scott to go back to being Xaviers lapdog, he has grown into an awesome and determined truly Fearless Leader. This Revolution of his and becoming fully and completely his own man has been amazing. the Utopia arc pitting the X-men against the dark avengers was perhaps my favorite story in a very long time.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killraven4334: I feel you on Cyclops' development. But some of the stories need to go. Maybe some of the Xmen like Cyclops and a few others could remember everything thats happened so that all that development doesnt go by the wayside. I know..... have your cake and eat it too right

Roy_el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Roy_el

@killraven4334: yeah I'm not feeling the schism but I do love seeing cyclops become his own person and not just following. I kind of wish xavier didn't die so that Scott doesn't have this murder thing making him look crazy instead of the leader he is.

I really don't like avx looking back at it.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Axel would never let Marvel reboot.

I will be SO happy if Damage Control comes back with a book.

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully not I wouldn't be happy with a reboot.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roy_el said:

@killraven4334: yeah I'm not feeling the schism but I do love seeing cyclops become his own person and not just following. I kind of wish xavier didn't die so that Scott doesn't have this murder thing making him look crazy instead of the leader he is.

what are you talking about? Best jean and scott interaction in years......unlike BotA which was relly bad for a 50th anniversary of x-men

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why not? I'd like for the FF to come back. They've been one of my go-tos for a few years since X-Men went off the rails.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roy_el said:

what are you talking about? Worst jean and scott interaction in years......unlike BotA which was relly bad for a 50th anniversary of x-men

Fixed

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By EC2277

@avenger85 said:
    @hopesummersforthefuture said:

@roy_el said:

what are you talking about? Worst Best jean and scott interaction in years......unlike BotA which was relly bad for a 50th anniversary of x-men

Fixed

Fixed the fix. :D

I love this teen Jean. I think she is the best ever Jean and her interaction with Scott isn't idyllic, but seen in context it is realistic and it can flow into a relationship more adult than the old relationship between Scott and Jean.

Obviously this only is my opinion.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like a joke to me. That doesn't seem like something you'd just slip up with.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

@avenger85 said:
    @hopesummersforthefuture said:

@roy_el said:

what are you talking about? Worst Best jean and scott interaction in years......unlike BotA which was really bad for a 50th anniversary of x-men

Fixed

Fixed the fix. :D

I love this teen Jean. I think she is the best ever Jean and her interaction with Scott isn't idyllic, but seen in context it is realistic and it can flow into a relationship more adult than the old relationship between Scott and Jean.

Obviously this only is my opinion.

i like your opinion :)

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By EC2277

Thank you.

I think Scott and Jean have been trapped in the role of good guy and good girl for years, like a stereotype. Because of this they haven't had an evolution in the year. No, not an evolution, they haven't had a very deepening able to give more realistic their characters: their love seemed a Rosamunde Pilcher novel's love, the goodness of Jean was so pure to give Jean not human.

Do you remember the death of Madelyne Pryor in the end of the Inferno saga and the behaviour of Jean?

Was it a human behavior? I think, no.

Similarly the fidelity of Scott to the Xavier's ideals was so complete to make it appear Scott che little dog of Xavier, not the leader of the X-Men; at least this is the feeling I have always had.

This Jean want be good, but for the first time in her editorial life she has to have a comparison with her demons, whit her mistakes, with the reality. Before she was so good, so pure that had always dodge this comparison. Because of that I think Jean is the female character of X-Men with more potential, but this potential wasn't ever been expressed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Ha ha, no.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

Thank you.

I think Scott and Jean have been trapped in the role of good guy and good girl for years, like a stereotype. Because of this they haven't had an evolution in the year. No, not an evolution, they haven't had a very deepening able to give more realistic their characters: their love seemed a Rosamunde Pilcher novel's love, the goodness of Jean was so pure to give Jean not human.

Do you remember the death of Madelyne Pryor in the end of the Inferno saga and the behaviour of Jean?

Was it a human behavior? I think, no.

Similarly the fidelity of Scott to the Xavier's ideals was so complete to make it appear Scott che little dog of Xavier, not the leader of the X-Men; at least this is the feeling I have always had.

This Jean want be good, but for the first time in her editorial life she has to have a comparison with her demons, whit her mistakes, with the reality. Before she was so good, so pure that had always dodge this comparison. Because of that I think Jean is the female character of X-Men with more potential, but this potential wasn't ever been expressed.

Awesome

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they don't reboot the entire franchise. I loved the past interactions between the characters. Although, I wouldn't mind if they rebooted the events from House of M to now.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: I'd be all for rebooting back to House of M or even to just before Grant Morrison's New Xmen. I mean we gotta undue some of that mess right?!!! Lol.

This thread has me wondering though.....

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally, we'll wrap fan Q&A for the week with street-level hero enthusiast Tyrell Archer: "Back in the '80s and '90s, Marvel experimented with non-superhero stories taking place in the Marvel Universe, like private investigators with 'Dakota North,' or sitcom fare with 'Damage Control.' Any similar plans for Marvel in the near future? I'd love to see an NYC police story as they deal with superhuman crime, etc."

Alonso: Funny you should ask, Tyrell. We have a couple things in this vein planned for 2015 after the reb--

you can read it here: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56177

have you read this? @god_spawn

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@rabbitearsblog: I'd be all for rebooting back to House of M or even to just before Grant Morrison's New Xmen. I mean we gotta undue some of that mess right?!!! Lol.

This thread has me wondering though.....

nice. also marvel did it to spiderman in one more day, lol.

@koays@god_spawn more signs of a reboot or maybe just the next big event

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#47  Edited By Transformers1024

They're not rebooting

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Koays  Online

No comment.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

No comment.

EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! lol does that mean uncle ben and gwen stacy alive???????

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Koays  Online

@koays said:

No comment.

EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! lol does that mean uncle ben and gwen stacy alive???????

No comment.....at all

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.