Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Should x-men reboot after Apocalypse?

• 60 results
    Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Fox needs to give BACK! the X-Men and FF4. They don't know what they are doing After X3 last stand Marvel should have bee lined and demanded the rights back.

I agree with you 100 percent!

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix said:

Fox needs to give BACK! the X-Men and FF4. They don't know what they are doing After X3 last stand Marvel should have bee lined and demanded the rights back.

Marvel sold Fox the rights. The only justifiable way Fox would give them back is if Marvel/Disney paid money to get the rights back. This is a business matter, not really a situation where Marvel can demand anything after cashing the check.

You can't blame Fox for holding on to rights they legitimately paid for. Also, I'm quite pleased with "First Class", and "Days of Future Past" for the most part (BTW you are aware that Marvel was involved with the production of the latter, right?).

I don't necessarily think that fans are holding the right company accountable here - it is Marvel that is at fault (if there is any fault to dole out here). They'd been trying for years to produce a "Fantastic Four" movie, produced a horrible version that was never released, and was happy to exchange the rights when Fox approached them. One of Marvel's big business $$$ generators is licensing, and they licensed some properties out before they figured out how to make cinematic versions work. Heck, Marvel first got into the business successfully with "Blade" which was made by New Line Cinema, so it's not even like this approach burned them all the time. They just had misfires with "X-3" and the "Fantastic Four" franchise.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nope, just do Hulk vs Wolverine

Avatar image for deactivated-57c7d84814d87
    deactivated-57c7d84814d87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Viperians

@glaucus said:
    @stormphoenix said:

I agree with you 100 percent!

I do too agree. Fox can't handle those characters like Marvel would. Fox's destroying those characters. Just because the did class and DOFP doesn't mean they did a good job. For one thing, Magneto never got the helmet from Sebastian Shaw and in DOFP was about wolverine and Shadowcat and not just Wolverine. I wasn't that impressed. AND Johnny Storm is Sue's brother.

Jay_Alam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Jay_Alam

I think it should. Don't you guys ever wonder how Apocalypse might play out?

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

I'm pretty sure that's their plan, though it maybe more of a "relaunch" if the newer guys stay on-board. If the younger guys stay I feel a more school oriented story would be involved, but the "New Mutants" movie may be their answer for a younger more "finding their way" type of story to occur in the school.

WonderBoy1132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think a reboot is necessary. If you really take a look at the franchise you would notice that they never really "rebooted".. It all kind of threads together in some sort of odd and interesting way. I think they should continue doing that...

Avatar image for cyberzombie_hatchetman
    Cyberzombie_Hatchetman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glaucus said:

I would prefer a reboot with the original 5 - Cyclops,Angel,Beast,Iceman,Marvel Girl

I'd like to see this too. They should be teenagers and the tone should be lighter but still take itself seriously, much like the First Class comic book. They should still be their own universe though. At this point I can't see them fitting into the MCU.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't necessarily think that fans are holding the right company accountable here - it is Marvel that is at fault (if there is any fault to dole out here). They'd been trying for years to produce a "Fantastic Four" movie, produced a horrible version that was never released, and was happy to exchange the rights when Fox approached them. One of Marvel's big business $$$ generators is licensing, and they licensed some properties out before they figured out how to make cinematic versions work. Heck, Marvel first got into the business successfully with "Blade" which was made by New Line Cinema, so it's not even like this approach burned them all the time. They just had misfires with "X-3" and the "Fantastic Four" franchise.

Marvel didn't HAVE a studio at that point.

Fox has a 'use it or loose it' clause. The film was just so low budget that Avi Arad bought out the movie and canned it rather than let it be released, at the price of several million to avoid damaging the brand. So by then, Marvel had turned around and was back into the black.

I don't think Marvel even really cares who has them. Their primary concern is the toy money. (Fox would get a percentage from toy sales, a deal the other studios didn't make.) They would have liked the movies to 'play nice', where Captain America could show up in a Wolverine movie and Dr. Doom could be a villain in an Avengers movie. But, given the state of the Maximof Twins, I think that ship has sailed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.