Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Should Wolverine and Storm Be The Next X-Men 'Power Couple'?

Luster77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Luster77

See, the thing with this is simple. Storm knows what kind of man Logan is, so it doesn't bother her how he lives or how they carry on their fling. Because its all purely sexual on her part. She enjoys his company, trusts him and she would die for him. Logan knows this too and justs enjoys the moment, as he would do the same for her. They have always had this relationship, its just a mutual respect for one another.

So, let the writer's have fun with their stories, either you buy it, or you don't. But you have tuned in.....that's enuff right there.

ogg927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By ogg927

Fox had this X-men cartoon back in the 1990's, they did show Wolverine and Storm as a couple to save a young Charles Xavier with Shard and Bishop.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Twentyfive

Storm used to be Marvel's leading lady. Now, nobody there gives a damn about her. Shame, shame.

MichonneHack27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#154  Edited By MichonneHack27

I'm mixed, part of me doesn't care, part of me sees it happening anyway. Part of me knows it probably won't last long, cause no one ever stays happy. Her marriage didn't last long with Black Panther*shrugs*, but then again I do miss her with him. So its kinda clouding my judgement.

Ashra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Ashra

Please, no.

acon70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By acon70

yay so ready for this!!!!!

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By evilvegeta74

What do you think?

yasiiii4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By yasiiii4

@Dernman said:

NO!
    Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what about storm and magneto?????

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#160  Edited By TheCrowbar

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

what about storm and magneto?????

What about those two makes you think they're compatible or interested in each other?

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By lykopis

No. Absolutely not.

Their flirting over the years are just reflective of their personalities, Logan would compliment women by insinuating he would be interested - its his M.O. and Ororo is an extremely confident and beautiful human being. Remember, when she first joined the X-Men she had to be convinced to put on clothing? There is nothing prudish about this woman and she is a very sexual.

Booty call? Annoying but possible. A real relationship? Give me a break. As Jean's best friend, Ororo knows better, but she knows more because she is one of Logan's oldest and closest friends.

These two are people who deeply respect each other and already have an incredible bond between them, and a very strong love. Turning that love to romantic just cheapens both of them.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By DevilMayehm666

@AgeofHurricane: How? Pedos are into prepubescent kids and Rogue is way passed puberty(she's like in her twenties). Plus Magneto had some of that, why not Logan?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@ogg927: Great video. If Aaron could give them an emotional connection and substance like in this video then I this pairing would have the potential for greatness.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By wowlock

I tend to stop caring about these ''flings''. Yes, these are not relationships...these are Arc-Flings that supposedly there to add some drama into the story but usually fails to do so.

Lois and Clark, Peter and MJ , Wally and Linda , Barry and Iris...these were the Relationships that people cared about because they were consistent , felt real and not some '' oh they will break up after 10 issues'' etc. Now as much as they butchered them with the ''reboots'' and take them to the root of ''flings'' again , we can't help but to fondly remember those Relationships.

Personally I forget about these 'flings' faster than they end.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By DevilMayehm666

@Cafeterialoca said:

Wolverine is the most overrated character in all of comics. The comic world would be better if he was killed off.

Indeed. He's just a douche now.

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

#166  Edited By Nerd Of A Hero

No they shouldn't. Logan has been thru several teams, suppose to be a loner in another series where he's messing with another woman coming soon, and is teaching a school. so now all of a sudden he's dating with storm? It won't last and while I do think they should just be friends, she's better off without him. Every woman Logan's dated or slept with has either became his enemy or end up dead. These two have been through a lot, the last thing hey need is more problems. P

Avatar image for crimsonalchemist
    CrimsonAlchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Horrid idea why does Wolverine tend to sleep with like every female character?

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By mikethekiller

I wouldn't mind it.

ogg927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By ogg927

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: Did Storm and Magneto ever date? I remember Storm dating Forge at one point.

Jmacq1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Jmacq1

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: While there's little sign of romantic interest between Storm and Magneto, it'd be interesting to explore, but ultimately I like them better as respectful sometimes-friends, sometimes-foes.

Has the Rogue and Magneto thing been sunk by recent events? I don't mind the relationship but I think it's pretty much played out.

The weirdo in me would kind of like to see some gloriously messed-up interaction between Magneto and Illyana Rasputin.

And again for Storm and Logan: Too late to hold my interest. I'd have no problem with them being occasional friends with benefits, but I don't see it going beyond that.

Being a fan of left-field or underexplored relationships, I'd like to see Storm and Cable interact again. They kinda/almost had a "thing" back in the mid-late 90's and I always felt like it was a shame that subplot-thread ended up being left hanging.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

I'm fairly sure it's a common staple of X-Men covers over the last decade to have a different female X-Person making out with Wolverine. Pretty sure we've had Jean, Rogue, and Polaris already.

Also, remember the same run of Reload Claremont stories had a similar thing between Storm and Nightcrawler? And Nightcrawler and Rachel?

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#172  Edited By Grey56

No, they should not Babs ma'am.

tensixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By tensixteen

yeah i like them like a couple

BigTPotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#174  Edited By BigTPotts

I love the Storm/Black Panther thing but I've always been happy at the prospect of Storm /Beast/Wolverine/Nightcrawler.

windowpain67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By windowpain67

Yes, i would love for this to happend- They would be the power couple like Wonder Woman and Superman are to DC

DeawonCDelaney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By DeawonCDelaney

Let ne get this straight they break up Storm and Black Panther (one of the greatest Marvel Couples), just so she can be Wolverines tail, please I would have rather seen her with Thor. Its not enough that Wolverine is on everybody’s team now he gets Storm…..come on son.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeawonCDelaney said:

Let ne get this straight they break up Storm and Black Panther (one of the greatest Marvel Couples), just so she can be Wolverines tail, please I would have rather seen her with Thor. Its not enough that Wolverine is on everybody’s team now he gets Storm…..come on son.

It's unfortunate, but it's pretty clear that if you aren't on Wolverine's team then you are getting any airtime. Marvel went through a lot of trouble to discredit Cyclops and kill Professor X to leave Logan in the role of leader with no competitors. I think even Storm fans recognize that this may be the only way that Storm will be in any story lines any time soon.

toa_deserok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By toa_deserok

Here is my question: Why couldn't Marvel just allow a major marriage (like storm and T'Challa) and something of a child being conceived in the process of that marriage? If they did that with the proper writer flow and emphasis, it could actually prove to be a unique and engaging story builder.

fluffypigeons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By fluffypigeons

LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not Logan

Jmacq1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Jmacq1

@toa_deserok said:

Here is my question: Why couldn't Marvel just allow a major marriage (like storm and T'Challa) and something of a child being conceived in the process of that marriage? If they did that with the proper writer flow and emphasis, it could actually prove to be a unique and engaging story builder.

There are a variety of reasons that having children is usually a major no-no for major characters in the main continuity:

1. It "ages" the characters. Teens are likely to be less likely to relate to a parent.

2. The "Franklin Richards" syndrome - It's VERY difficult to handle the aging of said children once they're born, as once again, doing so ages their parents to a point many readers might find less relatable. The sliding timescale is designed to keep all characters in their "prime" and having children is a major stumbling block for that same timescale. Comics have already had problems stemming from teen sidekicks "growing up" while their mentors don't age, and children tend to cause the same problem only magnified.

3. It's often a narrative dead-end. Unless "family" is a major theme of the book (ala Fantastic Four) the kid just tends to be a plot device, and is usually unceremoniously taken out of play in some manner before long (to avoid the problems above) whether through death, plot-induced age-up, or being sent away "someplace safe" and then conveniently forgotten about.

Basically, most of it stems from the need to keep the major characters "young" enough to be marketable. While some would enjoy a Marvel Universe where everyone ages and new generations take over, from a business/marketing perspective it would be sidelining your most profitable icons in an environment where creating truly successful new characters is VERY difficult.

Children can sometimes be pulled off (though even then they tend to cause problems, see Franklin Richards above), but generally they become more of an inconvenience for writers rather than a useful plot element.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jmacq1 said:

@toa_deserok said:

There are a variety of reasons that having children is usually a major no-no for major characters in the main continuity:

1. It "ages" the characters. Teens are likely to be less likely to relate to a parent.

2. The "Franklin Richards" syndrome - It's VERY difficult to handle the aging of said children once they're born, as once again, doing so ages their parents to a point many readers might find less relatable. The sliding timescale is designed to keep all characters in their "prime" and having children is a major stumbling block for that same timescale. Comics have already had problems stemming from teen sidekicks "growing up" while their mentors don't age, and children tend to cause the same problem only magnified.

3. It's often a narrative dead-end. Unless "family" is a major theme of the book (ala Fantastic Four) the kid just tends to be a plot device, and is usually unceremoniously taken out of play in some manner before long (to avoid the problems above) whether through death, plot-induced age-up, or being sent away "someplace safe" and then conveniently forgotten about.

Basically, most of it stems from the need to keep the major characters "young" enough to be marketable. While some would enjoy a Marvel Universe where everyone ages and new generations take over, from a business/marketing perspective it would be sidelining your most profitable icons in an environment where creating truly successful new characters is VERY difficult.

Children can sometimes be pulled off (though even then they tend to cause problems, see Franklin Richards above), but generally they become more of an inconvenience for writers rather than a useful plot element.

+1. Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman are prime examples. They are both attractive, but there is no denying that the writers didn't want to "age" them any more so came up with an alternate way to bring Valeria into the family without dealing with a pregnancy.

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By desmond006

I dont like the idea

ReadingRainbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#183  Edited By ReadingRainbow

They are going to have a baby and its going to be called Whirlwind.

donaghey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By donaghey

if Logan has a love interest doesn't she have to die at some point, mind you i don't think I'll mind it if Storm went bye-bye

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#185  Edited By amazing_webhead

First Superman & Wonder Woman, now these two, huh? Seems to me writers are now experimenting with pairings that have long been implied but no one has ever done anything with.

Tyrannotaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#186  Edited By Tyrannotaur

GOOD GOD LEMON!

Actually I don't care if they insert this relationship in there. As long as it doesn't feel as forced as the Magneto and Rogue one. That kinda kept getting in the way honestly. As much as I like Rogue I don't need 4 issues with her deciding if she should stay or if she should go with Maggles. I am glad they did resolve that finally however. So if they wanna have Storm and Wolverine hook up fine. Just don't make it the most important thing ever, and don't have a "wedding issue" out 2 months after.

HelixD0mega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By HelixD0mega

if he wants to fight King T'Challa aka Black Panther for Dating His Wife Storm.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#188  Edited By poisonfleur

Storm and Wolverine could work. They are arguably the 2 most popular X-men. They have had great moments in the past and Marvel could find some way to make it work.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#189  Edited By Jenkale

@Jorgevy: my thoughts exactly. there has been flirtation for years but nothing more, now out of nowhere they get together after some 30 odd years? depends on how they handle it but with them rushing like this makes it a rebound for both and its going to end messy. storm and nightcrawler however i would love to see. his calverliar charm could bring storm out of her shell, and they look oh so good together. they started to dated back in uncanny x-men when bishop and rachel were on the team but they just pretended like it never happened. if he comes back anytime soon, triangle time

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Aero_gt

No thank you... Storm deserves much better.

Silver Zeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Silver Zeal

@SUNMAN said:

so much for Jean Grey being his one true love. End of the day this won't help Storm and it will just be another notch in Wolverine's belt.

Agreed...Jean is Logan's true luv & now dat she's coming bak y r x-writers trying so hard 2 shove Logan's pinkie in2 Storm.

BP was/is d best companion 4 Storm its just dat Marvel editorial simply refused 2 creatively contribute 2 dat marriage.

AlphaZro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By AlphaZro

I would much rather have Marvel fully work out the black panther/storm marriage thing than hook storm up with someone else. I mean honestly wouldn't you rather see black panther and storm work out their marital problems? (I'm asking everyone on the site this too) Would it not be more interesting to see that drama work itself out, even if they do split up anyway, than just glaze over it?

Silver Zeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Silver Zeal

@Veitha said:

NO...

They are too different, I can't see them together.

And, howhever, X-Men power couple is EMMA FROST/SCOTT SUMMERS

.......Agreed!

Silver Zeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Silver Zeal

@toa_deserok said:

Awesome suggestion...co-signd!

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Mezmero

Hell I don't know Chewbacca. I remember seeing them as a couple during the age of Apocalypse in the 90's cartoon and thinking it was pretty interesting. Honestly I've seen worse couples in Marvel and I wouldn't mind seeing this happen.

chaloy82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By chaloy82

No

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By BlackWind

No. Ororo doesn't need to be another name on Wolverine's long list of paramours.

Agypt2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Agypt2020

No, allow some morals in the comics at least, though American Society is starving for morals. If Storm is still married, then write it so she and the Black Panther are fixing their marriage not throwing it away. Wolverine (Logan) had too many crushes and even step over boundaries; want to give him a love interest within the X-Men circle then bring a new character into the fold, that no one has a connection. Rogue and Gambit <3 Scott and Jean <3 Colossus and Kitty <3, even Archangel and Psylocke is good. Emma Frost should not be with Cyclops, I think her and Cable? Please whoever have influences tell Marvel/Disney to stop mucking up my childhood favorites with these ridiculous scenarios and story lines that has nothing to do fighting evil the world and righting wrongs.

toa_deserok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By toa_deserok

@Agypt2020: I agree with most of that except......................................

..... Emma Frost and Cable.... because technically Cable is Scott's Son and it is either her or Jean that are his mother. It probably wouldn't be possible since he has been missing from the main story for a while, but it would be somewhat interesting if he actually came out to get into a relationship. It would possibly raise his character depth and influence if he went beyond being the future-is-damned-character type.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#200  Edited By jhazzroucher

@xmenfallen said:

i would love them to be together

me too. : )

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.