Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Should We See Magneto Helping Storm 2 Develop Her Powers Further?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jhazzroucher

Especially on the EMP part to make it more powerful, electromagnetic field, and perhaps, if possible, creating her own magnetic force bubble. What do you think?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

I don't think he can; their powers work differently and they achieve an EMP with different processes. Magneto has it in his power to do so directly, by only using his will. Storm's EMP is a result of her using a supercharged lightning bolt to trigger an explosion that could lead to an EMP, so she achieves it indirectly. Just IMHO. And I don't think she has the power to manipulate magnetism to the degree necessary to create a magnetic force bubble.

The prime candidate for training with Magneto would be Polaris IMHO.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jhazzroucher

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

I don't think he can; their powers work differently and they achieve an EMP with different processes. Magneto has it in his power to do so directly, by only using his will. Storm's EMP is a result of her using a supercharged lightning bolt to trigger an explosion that could lead to an EMP, so she achieves it indirectly. Just IMHO. And I don't think she has the power to manipulate magnetism to the degree necessary to create a magnetic force bubble.

The prime candidate for training with Magneto would be Polaris IMHO.

I know Polaris is but Magneto and Storm seem to be always together in uncanny x-men issues.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

@jhazzroucher: I would prefer they get married, actually. It would be cool if the reason Storm couldn't bring herself to fight him was because she believed in his philosophy, having thought of herself as a goddess at one point, and fell in love.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Kallarkz

Magneto stated that he could help mutants with electrical based powers in x-men legacy in an issue that came out within the year. A student complained that her electrical abilities amped up whenever magneto was around and complained to rogue about it and when rogue confronted magneto he admitted that he was doing something to her that was amping up how much electrical charge her body could hold.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Kallarkz

I'm pretty sure magneto could help storm with this or at least give her some pointers

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By ReVamp

No! We need Magneto helping Dick Grayson getting his super exciting electricity batons from Arkham City!

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @Kallarkz said:
    Magneto stated that he could help mutants with electrical based powers in x-men legacy in an issue that came out within the year. A student complained that her electrical abilities amped up whenever magneto was around and complained to rogue about it and when rogue confronted magneto he admitted that he was doing something to her that was amping up how much electrical charge her body could hold.
    Remember that, it was Surge.
    jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Kallarkz said:

I'm pretty sure magneto could help storm with this or at least give her some pointers

Yes. That is why Magneto should be teaching her something

Avatar image for 2000_years_anthem
    2000_years_anthem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do you hate storm so much?

she's already powerful enough IMO. If she gets more powerful the only thing she'll be useful is to be the sacrificial lamb...

what's the point she's in the team base books if she could single handedly defeated the enemies? i mean look at the uncanny x-men she came and cast a thunderbolt the enemy retreats without trying to fight her,what's worst in the avengers book she just sleeping around on the ground drooling ...

if she gets more powerful than it is right now there will be less and less screen time for her in the team base books.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @2000_years_anthem said:

Why do you hate storm so much?

she's already powerful enough IMO. If she gets more powerful the only thing she'll be useful is to be the sacrificial lamb...

what's the point she's in the team base books if she could single handedly defeated the enemies? i mean look at the uncanny x-men she came and cast a thunderbolt the enemy retreats without trying to fight her,what's worst in the avengers book she just sleeping around on the ground drooling ...

if she gets more powerful than it is right now there will be less and less screen time for her in the team base books.

This thread has nothing to do with her power, it's more to do with her control over the Electro Magnetic aspect of her powers.
    THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I don't think Magneto can teach Storm at all. I think he controls EM energy better than she does but she has already shown that she can manipulate electrical energy for various effects through her own understanding and unique connection to the elements of weather. She has shaped electrical energy, manipulated Stardust's electrons, created her own EM, ionization, and electrical fields, created her own EMPs, split water molecules through electrolysis, pulled lightning from the EM field, countered electrical energy from other sources, used electrical energy to energize her winds, and manipulated plasma directly. I would love to see her develop her control enough to create a polarity wall or sphere to shield herself from attacks. She has done this with air pressure, so I think it could be possible with her control of electrical energy.

Avatar image for iamlovewithin500
    Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Iamlovewithin500
    @THUNDERBOLT30:  Agreed
    jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jhazzroucher

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

I don't think Magneto can teach Storm at all. I think he controls EM energy better than she does but she has already shown that she can manipulate electrical energy for various effects through her own understanding and unique connection to the elements of weather. She has shaped electrical energy, manipulated Stardust's electrons, created her own EM, ionization, and electrical fields, created her own EMPs, split water molecules through electrolysis, pulled lightning from the EM field, countered electrical energy from other sources, used electrical energy to energize her winds, and manipulated plasma directly. I would love to see her develop her control enough to create a polarity wall or sphere to shield herself from attacks. She has done this with air pressure, so I think it could be possible with her control of electrical energy.

If Storm wants to develop her powers, Magneto could give her some lessons

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@jhazzroucher said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

What can he teach her? Their powers have some similarities with respect to lightning and EM energy but, for the most part, are very different. Storm's powerset is pretty much unique. Magneto does not control wind, temperature or moisture. As mentioned above Polaris would be the ideal pupil for Magneto.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jhazzroucher

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

What can he teach her? Their powers have some similarities with respect to lightning and EM energy but, for the most part, are very different. Storm's powerset is pretty much unique. Magneto does not control wind, temperature or moisture. As mentioned above Polaris would be the ideal pupil for Magneto.

but how about the emp part which Magneto is better at manipulating?

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By BatteredArmor

@ReVamp said:

No! We need Magneto helping Dick Grayson getting his super exciting electricity batons from Arkham City!

And so it was that the greatest crossover of all time came to be......

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@jhazzroucher said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

but how about the emp part which Magneto is better at manipulating?

I can't think of anything he has done with an EMP that she hasn't. He does have greater control over EM energy than Storm does, but a big part of that has to do with his control over the entire EM spectrum. His control over electrical energy is not that much above Storm's to where I can see him teaching her.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By ReVamp

@BlackArmor said:

@ReVamp said:

And so it was that the greatest crossover of all time came to be......

Real talk.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.