Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Should the X-Men be in a Separate Universe?

• 63 results
    mistrx75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Yes. Aside from the obvious problem of having the universe as it is now where people accept non-mutant superheroes but fear mutants (as a friend of mine once pointed out, if someone looked up and saw Nightcrawler and the Thing walking down the street without knowing the difference of how they got their powers, would their reaction to one really differ from the other?) I just think it's more interesting when it's treated as its own world. Whether we're talking about the non-crossover titles, or the TV and movie adaptations where that's largely the case, except on occasion, I think it raises the stakes knowing that the Avengers can't show up to help out.

Drizzle1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Drizzle1030
    myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By myerlanski

I like the mutants in MU...

NeonKnight33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By NeonKnight33

I also do feel that the X-Men and the other X-related teams/people should be on their own universe (maybe with a few exceptions).I hate that they try to make many of them Avengers, or even occupy in activities that make them seem out of place and out of character of their concept. It ruins their concept and many of the characters of the X-Men and generally the mutants, not to mention that as someone else said, they wouldn't be another ''superhero'' group.

Xavier's dream would make much more sense in a world without superheroes, and with no one with special powers, with the X-Men trying to be icons and superheroes by protecting them, but humans won't let them because they are the ONLY ones with special powers.

They have enough characters to stand on their own universe, plus they already are the outcasts of Marvel lol

Most of the X-men dynamic doesn't work with thousands of superheroes and villains running around. They're not the only ones, who can stand up to rogue mutants. Yet somehow usually the X-Men are the first on the scene when Magneto wrecks everything, not the FF or the Avengers, but being in Marvel Universe, shouldn't they interfere?It always seems odd enough that the only enemies the X-Men battle who aren't other mutants are either bigots or aliens. Never straight up villains. The Avengers never care about Apocalypse? When an X-Villain destroys NYC, where is Spider-Man?Avengers? This makes no sense imo.

They already get isolated in their own little universe and things that should effect other titles don't, and things in other titles don't effect the X-Men much, or didn't always used to. In the 90's, the X-Men drove the line so any interaction was usually from their POV, but after the Avengers essentially replaced them in that role by the middle of the last decade, they've become more isolated. Things like the struggle for mutant rights should have effected so many other titles.

I think that they almost already have their own universe, but Marvel just don't have the balls to go all the way with it and put the X-men in their own universe separate from 616. They are stuck in limbo, and I think Marvel needs to make up their mind where they stand on it. Wolverine gets to cross over everywhere, and tell me that this is not out of character for him.

I kinda don't like it as a reader when X-men crossover the rest of the Marvel cast tbh (I like some character interactions actually, but still), it doesn't fit that well with me, (dunno, maybe it's th way they crossover and if things were different i'd like it) but, I guess it's a bit late to change that now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Marvel would be shooting in his own foot by getting them in their own universes.

It would only impoverishing the MU. I don't really see the point of that.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@neonknight33: well said. I agree with this statement 100%. I would be fine with having the Xmen seperate while the rest of the MU has the Avengers, Inhumans, GOTG, FF and whoever. It just makes sense for the xmen to be seperate at this point

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Koays  Online

I wouldn't be bothered by the idea, maybe have them do something with the alternate world thingy from "No More Humans" to kick it off.

But my opinion at this point is "Separate but Equal" is the way to go the X-Men and the rest of the Marvel U.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nah, I like the character interactions the X-men have with the MU.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s good to be back.

To put it bluntly, YES. I have been saying FOR YEARS! Since AvsX that X-men and Avengers will never, co-exist and that the X-men storylines never make sense in a shared universe with other super powered public figures. For those saying this will hurt the story if there not in a shared universe, it won’t. The movies, tv shows, and cartoons have showed time and again the X-men mythos can work outside the Marvel Universe shared continuity. It has the characters, villains, supporting cast and heroes to stand on its own without the meddling affairs that X-fans call the Avengers or Fantastic four to derail there stories and vice versa.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they are not in their own reality, the X-Men's concept is rather silly.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neonknight33: here, here, POX and HOX have proven that the X-men concept can work without the shared continuity with the MU.

BelmontoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nooo. Stay with the marvel universe.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.