Should return the X-Men to 3 teams: Gold, Red, and Blue team?

Posted by FernandoGrey (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Since the X-Men Shatter thought many ways such as Wolverine vs Cyclops conflicts; some x-men became clandestine assassins; Cyclops kills Professor X, and others things. I believe if Jean Grey come back, she unite the X-Men in two teams.

Blue Team: Leader: Storm - Members: Psylocke, Rogue, Aurora, Cannonball, Indra, Anole, Northstar

Red Team: Leader: Wolverine - Members: Shadowcat, Molly Hayes, Meltdown, Dazzler, Gambit, Chamber, Deadpool

Gold Team: Leader: Jean Grey - Members: Iceman, Rachel Summers, Polaris, Cecilia Reyes, Cyclops, Havok, Sage, Bishop

#1 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I wouldn't split it that way. I would go back to Cyclops and Storm having Rouge and Wolverine lead teams under their factions. Four main X-Books.

Uncanny- Cyclops, Emma, Magneto, Magik, and throw in Bishop for some drama

X-Men-Storm, Colossus, Gambit, Sage, Nightcrawler "bring Kurt back damn it" and Beast

X-Force- Wolverine, Psylocke, Warpath, Archangel, and Deadpool

Legacy- Rogue, Ice man, Kitty, Rachel, Northstar, and Warbird

From there I would leave X-Factor alone and work in younger in Younger X-Men into an Astonishing title.

#2 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

Boring.

#3 Posted by Skaddix (3119 posts) - - Show Bio

I assume we kind of have that in Marvel Now.

Red, Blue and Gold being Uncanny X-Force, Cable & X-Force, and All New X-men.

#4 Posted by DurararaFTW (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Team: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Havok, Polaris, Ice-Man

Gold Team: Archangel, Wolverine, Psylocke, Colossus, Nightcrawler

Legacy: Storm, Gambit, Rogue, Bishop, Kitty Pryde

X-Force: Cable, Deadpool, Domino, Cannonball, Magik

X-kids title: Banshee, Emma Frost, Jubilee, X-23, Hellion (rest of studentbody)

X-Factor: Multiple Man, Siryn, Big Guy, M, Layla Miller

#5 Posted by fodigg (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

Was there ever really a "red" team? I think there are so many X-titles that the blue/gold distinction of old is meaningless at this point. Even Schism failed to bring it back. I actually miss having a team of "cosmic" X-Men.

#6 Posted by lorex (958 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking about and I realised with MarvelNOW what are the core X-Men teams. Uncanny has been preverted into an Avengers book and X-Force is still a team that kills people, and I still hate they placed Uncanny in from of the title because it is entirely unnecessary, X-Force can stand on its own without cheap ploys. X-Men seems like it is being replaced by Bendis' All-New X-Men but is focused on a bunch of kids, all be it the original 5 X-Men in the modern Marvel setting. The 2 X-Force books seem like they will be teams that operate in the shadows. Wolverine and the X-Men if it still operated under its original premise should be a school focused book and Legacy has had a strong single character focus first with Xavier and later with Rogue. Now Legion will be the focus. I do not think there is an upcoming X-Book that upholds the dream so the speak which is what the X-men are suppost to be all about.

#7 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6019 posts) - - Show Bio

@lorex said:

I was thinking about and I realised with MarvelNOW what are the core X-Men teams. Uncanny has been preverted into an Avengers book and X-Force is still a team that kills people, and I still hate they placed Uncanny in from of the title because it is entirely unnecessary, X-Force can stand on its own without cheap ploys. X-Men seems like it is being replaced by Bendis' All-New X-Men but is focused on a bunch of kids, all be it the original 5 X-Men in the modern Marvel setting. The 2 X-Force books seem like they will be teams that operate in the shadows. Wolverine and the X-Men if it still operated under its original premise should be a school focused book and Legacy has had a strong single character focus first with Xavier and later with Rogue. Now Legion will be the focus. I do not think there is an upcoming X-Book that upholds the dream so the speak which is what the X-men are suppost to be all about.

I agree with this. The X-Men are still split up, maybe worst than ever and who knows how long Wolverine will be running the school.

#8 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3872 posts) - - Show Bio

@FernandoGrey: jean grey never was leader of a team...no leaderships skills but emma frost does....thats

why they killed her(jean) repeatedly

and why isnt emma frost on a team???

@John Valentine:

#9 Posted by poisonfleur (3105 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

Well I wouldn't split it that way. I would go back to Cyclops and Storm having Rouge and Wolverine lead teams under their factions. Four main X-Books.

Uncanny- Cyclops, Emma, Magneto, Magik, and throw in Bishop for some drama

X-Men-Storm, Colossus, Gambit, Sage, Nightcrawler "bring Kurt back damn it" and Beast

X-Force- Wolverine, Psylocke, Warpath, Archangel, and Deadpool

Legacy- Rogue, Ice man, Kitty, Rachel, Northstar, and Warbird

From there I would leave X-Factor alone and work in younger in Younger X-Men into an Astonishing title.

Well said. I second this^

#10 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7306 posts) - - Show Bio

Just as long as they can stay split, then i'm good. Before the split, we were being suffocated with Cyclops/Emma/Wolverine and occasionally Namor. Things are better now.

#11 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10770 posts) - - Show Bio

@DurararaFTW said:

Blue Team: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Havok, Polaris, Ice-Man

Gold Team: Archangel, Wolverine, Psylocke, Colossus, Nightcrawler

Legacy: Storm, Gambit, Rogue, Bishop, Kitty Pryde

X-Force: Cable, Deadpool, Domino, Cannonball, Magik

X-kids title: Banshee, Emma Frost, Jubilee, X-23, Hellion (rest of studentbody)

X-Factor: Multiple Man, Siryn, Big Guy, M, Layla Miller

Love your line ups. I would add Rachel Grey to Storm's roster to round a telepath and frenzy for a strong character for the Legacy team.

#12 Posted by Eclipse-32 (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds interesting, I still think back to the great days of the early nineties, I loved the gold and blue strike forces.

#13 Edited by Veitha (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

I just need these teams ;)

X-Treme X-Men: Storm(leader), Dazzler, Lifeguard, Forge, Bishop, Sage.

X-Force: Cable(leader), Domino, Warpath, Jubilee, Fantomex, Psylocke.

X-Factor: Madrox(leader), Syrin, Monet, Longshot, Rictor, Shatterstar, Stronguy.

Astonishing X-Men: Cyclops(leader), Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Colossus, Magik, Beast, Logan, Namor.

Uncanny X-Men: Havok(leader), Polaris, Magneto, Rogue, Gambit, Danger, Ice-Man.

#14 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as the books have distinct teams that allow the characters to be given enough screen time and not to be lost in the background, I'm happy. Returning to the Blue/Gold team does not fit as well as it did back in the 90's.

#15 Posted by Metron144 (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@FernandoGrey said:

Since the X-Men Shatter thought many ways such as Wolverine vs Cyclops conflicts; some x-men became clandestine assassins; Cyclops kills Professor X, and others things. I believe if Jean Grey come back, she unite the X-Men in two teams.

Blue Team: Leader: Storm - Members: Psylocke, Rogue, Aurora, Cannonball, Indra, Anole, Northstar

Red Team: Leader: Wolverine - Members: Shadowcat, Molly Hayes, Meltdown, Dazzler, Gambit, Chamber, Deadpool

Gold Team: Leader: Jean Grey - Members: Iceman, Rachel Summers, Polaris, Cecilia Reyes, Cyclops, Havok, Sage, Bishop

agreed, they also need to make it so wolverine is only able to be in 1 or 2 places at once, instead of seven.

#16 Posted by unicornpuncher (418 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does everyone keep trying to put Molly Hayes and Sage on teams? They both suck.

#17 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

nope. these teams were stupid.

#18 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7306 posts) - - Show Bio

@theTimeStreamer: Yes. Let's just have a field of X-Books where the unstoppable trio of Cyclops/Wolverine/Emma Frost reign triumphant.

#19 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: they ARE the better characters. jelous?

#20 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7306 posts) - - Show Bio

@theTimeStreamer: LOL. No. All that did was make me laugh.

#21 Posted by Veitha (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@theTimeStreamer: Yes. Let's just have a field of X-Books where the unstoppable trio of Cyclops/Wolverine/Emma Frost reign triumphant.

I love this trio. It's the best ever.

#22 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veitha: Don't the other X-Men deserve to star in titles too though?

#23 Posted by unicornpuncher (418 posts) - - Show Bio

I think some of those teams were great ideas, but they just need little tweaks.

#24 Posted by Renascence (128 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems kind of random.

I don't think assigning an arbitrary color to each team gives them a reason for being.

#25 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

well, for me there are three main types of X-men that I think play to the core concept:

1.teenage superheroes in training, say, Anole, Armor, Blindfold, Cipher, Pixie and the O5 (if they keep them around) maybe with Kid Omega and other students as supporting cast, based at the school, doing secret missions that Wolverine secretly knows about..

2.the public/astonishing team, affiliated with the school, but not necessarily based there, with, say, Storm, Psylocke, Northstar, Iceman, Cecilia and Gambit, maybe with other staff members as support..

and 3.the X-men as outlaws, which Cyclops' current team seams to be doing a great job of already, so, yeah, Cyclops, Emma, Magneto, Magic and, y'know, some younger characters. Frenzy or Lady Mastermind seem in flavour..

and I'd keep Wolverine in charge of the school/on the Avengers, y'know, try to keep his claws clean..

#26 Posted by UltraBiel (328 posts) - - Show Bio

But to do that they would need to reunite the team again...wouldn't they...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.