Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Should return the X-Men to 3 teams: Gold, Red, and Blue team?

FernandoGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By FernandoGrey

Since the X-Men Shatter thought many ways such as Wolverine vs Cyclops conflicts; some x-men became clandestine assassins; Cyclops kills Professor X, and others things. I believe if Jean Grey come back, she unite the X-Men in two teams.

Blue Team: Leader: Storm - Members: Psylocke, Rogue, Aurora, Cannonball, Indra, Anole, Northstar

Red Team: Leader: Wolverine - Members: Shadowcat, Molly Hayes, Meltdown, Dazzler, Gambit, Chamber, Deadpool

Gold Team: Leader: Jean Grey - Members: Iceman, Rachel Summers, Polaris, Cecilia Reyes, Cyclops, Havok, Sage, Bishop

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Blood1991

Well I wouldn't split it that way. I would go back to Cyclops and Storm having Rouge and Wolverine lead teams under their factions. Four main X-Books.

Uncanny- Cyclops, Emma, Magneto, Magik, and throw in Bishop for some drama

X-Men-Storm, Colossus, Gambit, Sage, Nightcrawler "bring Kurt back damn it" and Beast

X-Force- Wolverine, Psylocke, Warpath, Archangel, and Deadpool

Legacy- Rogue, Ice man, Kitty, Rachel, Northstar, and Warbird

From there I would leave X-Factor alone and work in younger in Younger X-Men into an Astonishing title.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By John Valentine

Boring.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Skaddix

I assume we kind of have that in Marvel Now.

Red, Blue and Gold being Uncanny X-Force, Cable & X-Force, and All New X-men.

DurararaFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By DurararaFTW

Blue Team: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Havok, Polaris, Ice-Man

Gold Team: Archangel, Wolverine, Psylocke, Colossus, Nightcrawler

Legacy: Storm, Gambit, Rogue, Bishop, Kitty Pryde

X-Force: Cable, Deadpool, Domino, Cannonball, Magik

X-kids title: Banshee, Emma Frost, Jubilee, X-23, Hellion (rest of studentbody)

X-Factor: Multiple Man, Siryn, Big Guy, M, Layla Miller

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By fodigg

Was there ever really a "red" team? I think there are so many X-titles that the blue/gold distinction of old is meaningless at this point. Even Schism failed to bring it back. I actually miss having a team of "cosmic" X-Men.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6  Edited By lorex

I was thinking about and I realised with MarvelNOW what are the core X-Men teams. Uncanny has been preverted into an Avengers book and X-Force is still a team that kills people, and I still hate they placed Uncanny in from of the title because it is entirely unnecessary, X-Force can stand on its own without cheap ploys. X-Men seems like it is being replaced by Bendis' All-New X-Men but is focused on a bunch of kids, all be it the original 5 X-Men in the modern Marvel setting. The 2 X-Force books seem like they will be teams that operate in the shadows. Wolverine and the X-Men if it still operated under its original premise should be a school focused book and Legacy has had a strong single character focus first with Xavier and later with Rogue. Now Legion will be the focus. I do not think there is an upcoming X-Book that upholds the dream so the speak which is what the X-men are suppost to be all about.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@lorex said:

I was thinking about and I realised with MarvelNOW what are the core X-Men teams. Uncanny has been preverted into an Avengers book and X-Force is still a team that kills people, and I still hate they placed Uncanny in from of the title because it is entirely unnecessary, X-Force can stand on its own without cheap ploys. X-Men seems like it is being replaced by Bendis' All-New X-Men but is focused on a bunch of kids, all be it the original 5 X-Men in the modern Marvel setting. The 2 X-Force books seem like they will be teams that operate in the shadows. Wolverine and the X-Men if it still operated under its original premise should be a school focused book and Legacy has had a strong single character focus first with Xavier and later with Rogue. Now Legion will be the focus. I do not think there is an upcoming X-Book that upholds the dream so the speak which is what the X-men are suppost to be all about.

I agree with this. The X-Men are still split up, maybe worst than ever and who knows how long Wolverine will be running the school.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FernandoGrey: jean grey never was leader of a team...no leaderships skills but emma frost does....thats

why they killed her(jean) repeatedly

and why isnt emma frost on a team???

@John Valentine:

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By poisonfleur

@Blood1991 said:

Well I wouldn't split it that way. I would go back to Cyclops and Storm having Rouge and Wolverine lead teams under their factions. Four main X-Books.

Uncanny- Cyclops, Emma, Magneto, Magik, and throw in Bishop for some drama

X-Men-Storm, Colossus, Gambit, Sage, Nightcrawler "bring Kurt back damn it" and Beast

X-Force- Wolverine, Psylocke, Warpath, Archangel, and Deadpool

Legacy- Rogue, Ice man, Kitty, Rachel, Northstar, and Warbird

From there I would leave X-Factor alone and work in younger in Younger X-Men into an Astonishing title.

Well said. I second this^

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Just as long as they can stay split, then i'm good. Before the split, we were being suffocated with Cyclops/Emma/Wolverine and occasionally Namor. Things are better now.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@DurararaFTW said:

Blue Team: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Havok, Polaris, Ice-Man

Gold Team: Archangel, Wolverine, Psylocke, Colossus, Nightcrawler

Legacy: Storm, Gambit, Rogue, Bishop, Kitty Pryde

X-Force: Cable, Deadpool, Domino, Cannonball, Magik

X-kids title: Banshee, Emma Frost, Jubilee, X-23, Hellion (rest of studentbody)

X-Factor: Multiple Man, Siryn, Big Guy, M, Layla Miller

Love your line ups. I would add Rachel Grey to Storm's roster to round a telepath and frenzy for a strong character for the Legacy team.

Eclipse-32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Eclipse-32

Sounds interesting, I still think back to the great days of the early nineties, I loved the gold and blue strike forces.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Veitha

I just need these teams ;)

X-Treme X-Men: Storm(leader), Dazzler, Lifeguard, Forge, Bishop, Sage.

X-Force: Cable(leader), Domino, Warpath, Jubilee, Fantomex, Psylocke.

X-Factor: Madrox(leader), Syrin, Monet, Longshot, Rictor, Shatterstar, Stronguy.

Astonishing X-Men: Cyclops(leader), Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Colossus, Magik, Beast, Logan, Namor.

Uncanny X-Men: Havok(leader), Polaris, Magneto, Rogue, Gambit, Danger, Ice-Man.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as the books have distinct teams that allow the characters to be given enough screen time and not to be lost in the background, I'm happy. Returning to the Blue/Gold team does not fit as well as it did back in the 90's.

Metron144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Metron144

@FernandoGrey said:

Since the X-Men Shatter thought many ways such as Wolverine vs Cyclops conflicts; some x-men became clandestine assassins; Cyclops kills Professor X, and others things. I believe if Jean Grey come back, she unite the X-Men in two teams.

Blue Team: Leader: Storm - Members: Psylocke, Rogue, Aurora, Cannonball, Indra, Anole, Northstar

Red Team: Leader: Wolverine - Members: Shadowcat, Molly Hayes, Meltdown, Dazzler, Gambit, Chamber, Deadpool

Gold Team: Leader: Jean Grey - Members: Iceman, Rachel Summers, Polaris, Cecilia Reyes, Cyclops, Havok, Sage, Bishop

agreed, they also need to make it so wolverine is only able to be in 1 or 2 places at once, instead of seven.

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By unicornpuncher

Why does everyone keep trying to put Molly Hayes and Sage on teams? They both suck.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By theTimeStreamer

nope. these teams were stupid.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@theTimeStreamer: Yes. Let's just have a field of X-Books where the unstoppable trio of Cyclops/Wolverine/Emma Frost reign triumphant.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@AgeofHurricane: they ARE the better characters. jelous?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@theTimeStreamer: LOL. No. All that did was make me laugh.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Veitha

@AgeofHurricane said:

@theTimeStreamer: Yes. Let's just have a field of X-Books where the unstoppable trio of Cyclops/Wolverine/Emma Frost reign triumphant.

I love this trio. It's the best ever.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Blood1991

@Veitha: Don't the other X-Men deserve to star in titles too though?

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By unicornpuncher

I think some of those teams were great ideas, but they just need little tweaks.

Renascence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Renascence

Seems kind of random.

I don't think assigning an arbitrary color to each team gives them a reason for being.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dangallant984

well, for me there are three main types of X-men that I think play to the core concept:

1.teenage superheroes in training, say, Anole, Armor, Blindfold, Cipher, Pixie and the O5 (if they keep them around) maybe with Kid Omega and other students as supporting cast, based at the school, doing secret missions that Wolverine secretly knows about..

2.the public/astonishing team, affiliated with the school, but not necessarily based there, with, say, Storm, Psylocke, Northstar, Iceman, Cecilia and Gambit, maybe with other staff members as support..

and 3.the X-men as outlaws, which Cyclops' current team seams to be doing a great job of already, so, yeah, Cyclops, Emma, Magneto, Magic and, y'know, some younger characters. Frenzy or Lady Mastermind seem in flavour..

and I'd keep Wolverine in charge of the school/on the Avengers, y'know, try to keep his claws clean..

UltraBiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By UltraBiel

But to do that they would need to reunite the team again...wouldn't they...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.