Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Should Marvel bring the Acolytes back?

• 81 results
    Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Cutter

Poll Should Marvel bring the Acolytes back? (41 votes)

Yes 78%
    No 17%

I would've loved to have seen a comeback of the Acolytes. They
    were so unique and so interesting (which I never felt for any
    other villain team) that the writers had to find a way to
    eliminate them little by little until they abandoned them for
    some reason. Yet the Brotherhood of Evil, Imperial Guard, and
    many other X men villain teams remain active. So many of the
    Acolytes had potential like for instance, Unuscione (an
    interesting character), who actually came back on the Age of X
    Aftermath and then eventually vanished. Kleinstock brothers
    remain active, but for some reason they are out of the sight.
    Amelia Voght (another interesting character) vanished after the
    Acolytes were disbanded in X Men Legacy #225. Vindaloo,
    Gargouille, Projector, Kamal, Rem-Ram, Spoor, and Neophyte all
    those I mentioned above remain active and yet all gone...out of
    the hands of the writers. Whereas Scanner (one of my
    favorites), Barnacle, remain alive but de-powered after M-Day
    but still no sign of them. And the rest of the Acolytes,
    couldn't find any other way except to mention them dead which
    is Ann Marie, Chrome, Delgado, Decay, Eric, Fabian, Javitz,
    Katu, Milan, Mellencamp, Senyake, Static, and Tempo (well you
    mention it)...all Pronounced dead and not to mention...Nance
    Winter, who was one of the first of Magneto's followers, was
    stated that after Asteroid M Crashed, no one found her body
    except that she was free of mind control from Ann Marie, walked
    away, and started a new life not knowing what happened while
    she was in control. And at last to be unfair, Frenzy (Joanna
    Cargill), who actually above them all remains active and for
    some reason joined the x men. Ha...how is this possible that a
    character, like Frenzy, get to be the one to maintain active
    when she's the number one worst enemy of them all. FINE, she
    might be looking for a life change, a new routine, and that is
    by joining the X-Men which she didn't fit for very long.

Let me bring back to you some old good times of when the
    Acolytes was around serving for what they believed in the cause
    of freedom and balance in the humanity world. Who couldn't
    understand their gifts, but feared them for who they
    were...mutants. Let once again show who they were and how they
    will be missed. Those who believe that the Acolytes should
    return as a All New Acolytes bonding with Magneto once again
    trying to make up for their past or if not a big time kick ass
    with whoever interfere with them...vote YES. If those who don't
    believe a comeback...vote NO...but before you decide take a look
    and think twice.

PS: There are rumors that Magneto is going on solo soon...do you think they might appear on Magneto side?

Do you think things would be differently if they were?

Should Hellion, Surge, Siena Blaze, and Phantazia, join Magneto?

Amelia Voght
    Ann Marie
    Barnicle
    Cargill
    Chrome
    Colossus
    Decay

Delgado
    Eric
    Exodus
    Fabian Cortez
    Feral
    Gargouille
    Javitz
    Kamal
    Katu
    Kleinstock
    Mccoy
    Mellencamp
    Milan
    Nance Winter
    Neophyte
    Polaris

Projector
    Random
    Rem-Ram
    Rusty
    Scanner
    Senyaka
    Skid
    Spoor
    Static
    Tempo
    Unuscione

Vindaloo

Those were the times......any comments? If not...just cast your vote...I'll appreciate it.

• 
    XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

yes it is time for the Acolytes to make a return but the question will be what will be there purpose? who will be their leader? it would be good to see Legion leading a new incarnation of the Acolytes

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It will depend on what direction Magneto will go in his solo, or they might just not believe in him anymore..

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

yes it is time for the Acolytes to make a return but the question will be what will be there purpose? who will be their leader? it would be good to see Legion leading a new incarnation of the Acolytes

Neat idea!

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good question. My question would be...Why not Magneto (he's going on solo and it will be nice to see them there)? Since the Acolytes were so loyal to him, who believe they are the "chosen" ones to carry on Magneto's legacy following his presumed death on Asteroid M. I presume that their purpose should be kicking ass...lol.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just would like to see them return with a new leader & direction, not a re-recycled attempt at magneto being a villian

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By fodigg

I'm voting no because bringing back a revamped acolytes or brotherhood or anything else under magneto currently would undercut what they're doing with the supposedly "evil mutants" team lead by Cyclops. Once that arc is resolved I'll be more open to their return, however. Especially if it gives Frenzy further character development because she's awesome.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They don't have to be a villain anymore neither Magneto. maybe that would be their purpose....starting all over....making up for their pass...and become something better. Having each one of the Acolyte some background...who they really are, where they from, (because most of them don't have a specifically story of their own) why they were a group of desperate mutants on the run from S.H.I.E.L.D.

Etc etc etc....

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

They don't have to be a villain anymore neither Magneto. maybe that would be their purpose....starting all over....making up for their pass...and become something better. Having each one of the Acolyte some background...who they really are, where they from, (because most of them don't have a specifically story of their own) why they were a group of desperate mutants on the run from

S.H.I.E.L.D.

Etc etc etc....

exactly why i said under legion, or your right a SHIELD team under Dazzler, the 616 version of HoM's Red Guard!!!!!

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

Yes. Honestly, I liked the fact that they had a different set of ideals, principles and characters than the X-Men. Not everyone approaches being a mutant in the same way, and I liked how loyal most of the Acolytes were to Magneto and each other (with a few spoiled ones in the batch, of course).

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

just would like to see them return with a new leader & direction, not a re-recycled attempt at magneto being a villain

that would be my main issue with the idea as well...

@fodigg said:

I'm voting no because bringing back a revamped acolytes or brotherhood or anything else under magneto currently would undercut what they're doing with the supposedly "evil mutants" team lead by Cyclops. Once that arc is resolved I'll be more open to their return, however. Especially if it gives Frenzy further character development because she's awesome.

I don't think of Cyclops' X-men as evil, they just have their own problems that set them apart from the rest of the hero community.

But, yeah, if they were to return, it'd be great to see Frenzy as one of the main characters.

@cutter said:

They don't have to be a villain anymore neither Magneto. maybe that would be their purpose....starting all over....making up for their pass...and become something better. Having each one of the Acolyte some background...who they really are, where they from, (because most of them don't have a specifically story of their own) why they were a group of desperate mutants on the run from S.H.I.E.L.D.

There's already a team doing this in Uncanny X-Men.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God no.

Aesthetically, they were ridiculous. Most of them were useless and did nothing, their name just evokes strange religous overtones,they were essentially just fodder for the X-Men to fight.

Lets try to do something new

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Cutter

Legion would be O.K., but he have a creepy evil looking, who can loose his temper, control, and most of all his mind. I remember when he first came out....I couldn't tell if he was evil or good because his mind can take him to another direction. Well...who knows...I just think he can mislead them and guide them to the wrong path once his brain scramble. I wouldn't mind give it a try, have a new leader, fresh, and young...but again...they wouldn't be loyal to him as they were with Magneto. If they see Legion attacking Magneto (which it happened b4) how you think their reaction would be? Again...I wouldn't mind, but there are things to think about.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cutter

I really respect your opinion, but I has to disagreed with you...CATTLEBATTLE. I never saw them as ridiculous nor useless. Despite what people think about them...I thought they were a big time kick ass back in 1991. They were always having conflicts and never back down...beside...they step up for what they believed and as soon Colossus, join the Acolytes, the story and team started to be more interesting.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By John Valentine

God no.

Aesthetically, they were ridiculous. Most of them were useless and did nothing, their name just evokes strange religous overtones,they were essentially just fodder for the X-Men to fight.

Fodder, such fodder. They're very early 90s.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fodder such fodder...lol...in what kind of sense? Ya don't think Frenzy was fodder ain't ya? neither Exodus or unuscione? I don't think Tempo, Random, Senyaka, Amelia, Fabian, Scanner, Delgado, and all the rest of them were fodder for the X-men. Maybe is the other way around.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You made the same thread again? And please use spoiler tags for such a huge amount of images.

Anyway, this;

God no.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Farkam please...it's a matter of opinion. About the images...I'll take your advice.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Im all for more incarnations of villain teams. Im tired of the in-fighting. The Acolytes could be great in a return. I like the idea of Legion leading. Exodus and Amelia Voght could be interesting as leads as well. In all honesty though I wouldn't mind the Acolytes actually being the followers of Magneto again. In fact with Magneto's so-called new direction in his solo, he should be the leader of Xforce. His followers could be the new incarnation of the Acolytes.

To the OP: that line-up would be interesting though Surge wouldn't be on that team. She's afraid of Magneto. Dust maybe in her place and definitely Hellion. Random would be cool too. I would have Dragoness too

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Cutter

I would have dragoness also...and I completely agreed with you about different incarnation.

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
    RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure Cullen Bunn said that there would be a new team of Acolytes forming under Magneto's command in the upcoming Magneto solo.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cattlebattle

@cutter said:

Fodder such fodder...lol...in what kind of sense? Ya don't think Frenzy was fodder ain't ya? neither Exodus or unuscione? I don't think Tempo, Random, Senyaka, Amelia, Fabian, Scanner, Delgado, and all the rest of them were fodder for the X-men. Maybe is the other way around.

Maybe 4 out of the all the ones you named were actually developed...that's out of how many?? Like 25?? There was points in time when the writers couldn't even keep track of which ones were dead and which were ones alive, for instance, they would call Rakkus, Melloncamp, who had been dead by accident because no one probably even cared, because they were fodder

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cutter

@cattlebattle:

well yeah...that is completely true...I don't know how the hell they come up with Rakkus as Melloncamp...and yes...soppouse most of them were pronounced dead. I was surprise when they appear in Quicksilver and Heroes For Hire...they were pronounce alive. Yes...that was completely confusing, but for the most part, I blame the writers who couldn't keep track on them (they should've known). I thought the writers liked the Acolytes so much that they probably wanted to use them all at once for those series cause that what they did. I was completely blown away when I got to see them all in one page...lol.

Let not blame the characters, but the writers which is their fault for making them look fodder.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

@cattlebattle:

well yeah...that is completely true...I don't know how the hell they come up with Rakkus as Melloncamp...and yes...soppouse most of them were pronounced dead. I was surprise when they appear in Quicksilver and Heroes For Hire...they were pronounce alive. Yes...that was completely confusing, but for the most part, I blame the writers who couldn't keep track on them (they should've known). I thought the writers liked the Acolytes so much that they probably wanted to use them all at once for those series cause that what they did. I was completely blown away when I got to see them all in one page...lol.

Let not blame the characters, but the writers which is their fault for making them look fodder.

Oh yeah, it's definitely the writers.

Personally, I have never really liked the Acolytes. I am sure there was a point in time when I did, but looking at them now, nah. They are well, just, incredibly "90s". Their costumes wih their "headgear" or whatever the heck is on their head, the fact that the writers were too lazy to give most of them codenames so they just have a last name, the fact that the X-teams just mowed right through them most of the time, the fact that 90% of them weren't even that interesting...Though, I will say that it made a lot more sense that Magneto had an army of followers as opposed to like 5 guys, so, I guess I will give them that.

I believe when Claremont created them he probably had a deeper intention for them, I mean Cortez "killed" Magneto and was considered a traitor, there is mention that a couple of the original Acolytes were SHIELD agents that were possibly mind controlled. I think the original intention was that there was more to the story and their characters but the writers of the early 90s just turned them into a generic team of cliches for the X-Men to fight and nothing more really.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By adamTRMM

Oh yeah, it's definitely the writers.

Personally, I have never really liked the Acolytes. I am sure there was a point in time when I did, but looking at them now, nah. They are well, just, incredibly "90s". Their costumes wih their "headgear" or whatever the heck is on their head, the fact that the writers were too lazy to give most of them codenames so they just have a last name, the fact that the X-teams just mowed right through them most of the time, the fact that 90% of them weren't even that interesting...Though, I will say that it made a lot more sense that Magneto had an army of followers as opposed to like 5 guys, so, I guess I will give them that.

I believe when Claremont created them he probably had a deeper intention for them, I mean Cortez "killed" Magneto and was considered a traitor, there is mention that a couple of the original Acolytes were SHIELD agents that were possibly mind controlled. I think the original intention was that there was more to the story and their characters but the writers of the early 90s just turned them into a generic team of cliches for the X-Men to fight and nothing more really.

lol about the headgear, noticed that to.

Not many of them are powered or alive so the whole reunion won't really happen anyway. But I'd really like to see some Exodus/Magnus interactions.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle:

I understand what you mean...they were kind of flat. No background whatsoever...they were just there. They never develop, they never went anywhere, or grew except for a couple of them. Yes...it was stupid that they didn't had a codenames except their last name (not all were using their last name). It seem that the writers were running out of time...so, they did what they did.

I'm sure there were suppose to be more to them and they were gonna be some interesting characters. Nance Winter was a S.H.I.E.L.D, but unfortunately, she vanish with no trace (I'm sure there were more of her though). Chrome and Delgado seem to be a S.H.I.E.L.D agents as well, but they died and nothing more.

And about the headgear...I notice (which back then I thought it was cool) I assuming the reason they were wearing those (which some of them weren't) was cause they needed to be in control...they were very vicious. I don't know about other ppl, but I thought wearing the same uniform, with different accessories, was really cool, and Is something you don't really see around a lot.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm:

Yes...most of them lose their powers and for the most part dead, but there are still some around alive and kept their power after m-day.

Those are Amelia, Exodus, Gargouille, Kamal, Neophyte, Projector, Scanner (but depowered), Kleinstock, Unuscione, and Vindaloo. Those are the one that I hope to see a comeback. Well at lease some of them.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@cutter said:

@adamtrmm:

Yes...most of them lose their powers and for the most part dead, but there are still some around alive and kept their power after m-day.

Those are Amelia, Exodus, Gargouille, Kamal, Neophyte, Projector, Scanner (but depowered), Kleinstock, Unuscione, and Vindaloo. Those are the one that I hope to see a comeback. Well at lease some of them.

And Frenzy and Colossus are both still around.

And Random, I think.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Cutter

@oldnightcrawler:

Yes...I didn't mention them because every one know they are still active, but yes...them too are pretty much alive and still kicking ass...lol

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By adamTRMM

@cutter said:

@adamtrmm:

I'll tell you the truth, more then any cameo (and even Exosus'!) I'd like to see a totally badass Magnus, not a jobber and loser he is the whole last decade, a genius that once created one of the most powerful mutants, who'll find Sinister and will make him pay for his shenanigans on him during WW2, because as it was seen he will even kill his son as a punishment for him being manipulated (Bendis lol). Where did this characterizations disappear?

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Cutter

@adamtrmm:

Unfortunately, he's growing old lol. Soon he will be on solo, so let hope he become this totally bad ass that we missed so much for the pass decade.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By adamTRMM

@cutter:

He was deaged like what, two times? He isn't supposed to be an "old man" like Fractions make him be.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come again? I really didn't understood what you mean?

BlackBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BlackBlade

Yes. They were so unique, different, loyal, and still are the best I ever seeing. Nice image you posted here. Looking at them, is taking me back to the 90's, and how I really miss those days. Wow, you are really into Acolytes just like me. High five my friend. I'm in the same boat with you.

tomasmaclgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CBR: Who are some of the supporting characters we'll see in "Magneto?" Will your protagonist have any regular allies that he interacts with?

Cullen Bunn: At first, Magneto will be on his own. He will, however, soon realize that he needs allies. He will utilize his own network of contacts, and there will be some new characters showing up. We'll see a team of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents who are hounding Magneto. And we might witness the rise of a new band of Acolytes.

I think the Acolytes will spark a lot of conversation -- eventually. To begin with, though, we're pretty focused on Magneto.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=49583

@cutter: I think Gargouille was killed by a Predator X.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CBR: Who are some of the supporting characters we'll see in "Magneto?" Will your protagonist have any regular allies that he interacts with?

Cullen Bunn: At first, Magneto will be on his own. He will, however, soon realize that he needs allies. He will utilize his own network of contacts, and there will be some new characters showing up. We'll see a team of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents who are hounding Magneto. And we might witness the rise of a new band of Acolytes.

I think the Acolytes will spark a lot of conversation -- eventually. To begin with, though, we're pretty focused on Magneto.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=49583

@cutter: I think Gargouille was killed by a Predator X.

Yes...that's where I read the information from. I didn't know how to make a link and pasted here...where they can only click it and right away go to the main page. But yes...that's the link...hope people read it and see what Cullen Bunn have say about the new Magneto series.

About Gargouille...I thought in the events, of the Messiah Complex, She was with Vindaloo, Neophyte, and Projector facing Archangel, wolverine, Colossus, and Nightcrawler. I didn't even saw her (or them), when the creature came attacking everyone, and killing a few mutants. It did stated that she was killed by the Predator X...but to me it was confusing. I thought Marvel was lost and confused with these characters still? Lol. But...you might be right.

tomasmaclgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: Definitely dead. She dies in Uncanny 518 and then is confirmed in 519.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: Definitely dead. She dies in Uncanny 518 and then is confirmed in 519.

I'm afraid so...that you might be right. I just didn't saw her after the events of messiah complex. I truly need to get the Uncanny 518 and 519, so I can read about it...since I never knew. Thanks to for the information. I have to ask...do you (or do you not) like Acolytes? Just curious...because you knew about Gargouille death.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Moonlighterstone

R U kidding me? Marvel always brings characters or teams back all the time. I will say hell yeah. I don't see why they should be the only one to be put on a shelf for years. Yes, definitely, Marvel should bring them back. I really miss my girls Voght, Unuscione, and Scanner.

tomasmaclgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By tomasmaclgh

@cutter: The first thing I read was Grant Morrison's run with New X-Men and from that point forward. So I'm not really familiar with many of the Acolytes since they haven't been that much around in the last 10 years or so. The only Acolytes that come to mind are Exodus' during Messiah Complex (later disbanded by Xavier's request). Of them, I really like:

Amelia Voght, because of her relationship with Xavier and now that he is dead it would be interesting to see how she's dealing with that (plus, awesome mutation IMO); and

Unuscione, because somehow she got to be one of the popular kids in Age of X (wall builders).

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: The first thing I read was Grant Morrison's run with New X-Men and from that point forward. So I'm not really familiar with many of the Acolytes since they haven't been that much around in the last 10 years or so. The only Acolytes that come to mind are Exodus' during Messiah Complex (later disbanded by Xavier's request). Of them, I really like:

Amelia Voght, because of her relationship with Xavier and now that he is dead it would be interesting to see how she's dealing with that (plus, awesome mutation IMO); and

Unuscione, because somehow she got to be one of the popular kids in Age of X (wall builders).

true...some haven't been around for like a decade, but the acolytes didn't disbanded since 2008, which was six years ago.

Amelia does have an interesting ability and so is Unuscione. I think beside them and Frenzy are the ones who still active. Even though, I don't know where the hell is Amelia and the rest of those who remain alive (active) and kept their powers. Hopefully we can discover that in the Magneto Book...well...that's only if they DO come back. Oh I hope so..lol.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R U kidding me? Marvel always brings characters or teams back all the time. I will say hell yeah. I don't see why they should be the only one to be put on a shelf for years. Yes, definitely, Marvel should bring them back. I really miss my girls Voght, Unuscione, and Scanner.

Truth to that....

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By CheeseSticks

Fabian Cortez and Exodus with Magneto would be awesome.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fabian Cortez and Exodus with Magneto would be awesome.

Agree. Basically they're the most powerful of the team. It would be good to see Fabian Cortez back.

Poze11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my opinion, I'll would say f...yea. Lol. I also missed my girls as well. They're pretty girls, just to be ignored. Writers, if you reading this, pls bring them back lol.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poze11 said:

In my opinion, I'll would say f...yea. Lol. I also missed my girls as well. They're pretty girls, just to be ignored. Writers, if you reading this, pls bring them back lol.

LOL....I hope they will listen to us. Yes...they're very pretty girls...just to be ignored, and beside all the X-females...those are my bitches as well...lol.

Frozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Frozon

I loved when after Avalon, Scott leads a bunch of 'em towards the old Australian hideout. Cute side story.

I do believe they should make a return and speaking if they should, I thought maybe some of 'em will reappear in Magneto solo series. I like Amelia, Unuscione, Vindaloo, and Neophyte.

Don't Vindaloo looks gay? In some images he look kind of feminine. Since he have no background story whatsoever, I thought maybe he might be? lol.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@cutter:

He was deaged like what, two times? He isn't supposed to be an "old man" like Fractions make him be.

Exactly. He isn't. And that's why I thought Fraction should've put his pen down for a while and rethink if his delusion will make his fans a wow moment. I don't know what Fraction got into back then. Were he was drinking too much caffeine?

MAGNETO DOES NOT HAVE THE BODY OF AN OLD MAN. He was reduced to infancy by Alpha the Ultimate Mutant in Diffender #16 and re-aged to the "Prime of his life" by Eric the Red in Uncanny #104. At the time the trial of Magneto (Uncanny #200) he was "legally established to be a man in his early 30's", From there matching his progression with the progress of the ages of the original 5 XM, physically he is in his 30's/early 40's. People run marathons and climb Mount Everest well into the 50's. This is not trivia. This is a major character point just as the fact that Xavier's mind was transplanted into a young clone body is a major character point.

MAGNETO IS NOT XORN! This is the offical stance of Marvel as displayed on panel in Excalibur vol.3 #2, House of M #7, New Avengers #20, and the Official Marvel of the Universe.

Does Fraction pay attention to NOTHING outside his own work? Again "I thought it would be cool" is not a reason to write characters out of a character. Fraction does not get to just ignore other writers work just because he feel like it. As one poster on CBR put it. That isn't professional writing that is fanfic.

Just as he should not be ignore his own work in Uncanny #500 in having Cyclops to just invite "The man who have been trying to kill me since I was 16" into Utopia and handing the keys to the kingdom in their most important piece of intel on the spot.

However the whole "Fraction is going to make Magneto turn on XM/lash out of Scott look good by comparison so the fans will stop comparing the two characters since Cyclops is basically doing what Magneto did in Genosha... ?" We saw that one coming that instant Magneto step onto Utopia. Fraction would have shocked us more if he had left Magneto's intention sincere and actions rational.

P.S. I do not mind that Magneto and Xavier are moved into the wings to make room for newer character in the spotlight, so long as it is written well. Those younger characters are more than just Scott and Emma.

Just pointing out of Fraction delusions.

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By PurePower

@frozon said:

I loved when after Avalon, Scott leads a bunch of 'em towards the old Australian hideout. Cute side story.

I do believe they should make a return and speaking if they should, I thought maybe some of 'em will reappear in Magneto solo series. I like Amelia, Unuscione, Vindaloo, and Neophyte.

Don't Vindaloo looks gay? In some images he look kind of feminine. Since he have no background story whatsoever, I thought maybe he might be? lol.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I also like that side story too. I hope you don't think everyone in Marvel are gay or lesbian. I'm not against gay ppl cause I have some friends that are gay. Just saying. And Vindaloo does look like one but we can't judge that because as you said, no back story whatsoever. But it does make us wonder now since you brought it up..

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Novemberx2

everyone that was de-powered by house of m has been re-powered now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.