Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13409 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Should Magneto break off from the X-men and lead his own team?

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Silver_Raven

Since he hasn't been pictured or mentioned in any solicits i am wondering what his next move should be.

I doubt he'll be joining the school or be a part of that main X-team. Where will he end up? And who else might be joining him?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jhazzroucher

I prefer Rogue leading and Magneto co-leading with Gambit on the team.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

After AvX ends I expect Magneto to take off on his own now that mutantkind no longer is growing in prominence and power. The fall looks long and hard from what has been seen so far. He makes a much better sympathetic villain than a secondary lackey in the X-Army anyways.

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Silver_Raven

@jhazzroucher said:

I am sorry I want Rogue as far as way from Magneto as possible. Nothing about them makes sense together. And the Rogue/Gambit ship is sailed and from the looks of it sunk too.

Magneto can do so much better, with someone more his level. Ever since he joined the X-men he's been acting like some diet version of himself. I was so disappointed that the "Not A Hero" mini didn't prove he was actually Joseph and the real Magneto was somewhere plotting and waiting. The only good characterization of him I have seen as of late has been in Gillen's UXM, where I have really enjoyed his dialogue and his scenes with Psylocke. I would love to see their relationship developed more and made into an antagonistic partnership. Maybe she can join Mags' new team, since i have not seen any mention of her outside of UXF and she has been getting darker and darker.

The Uncanny Avengers seems like a good place for Rogue to regain some her former glory, when she was Ms. Marvel empowered and didn't need any man to make her dynamic and inspirational. Since her "depowering" and her undeserved starring role in Legacy, she has turned into some novella heroine that i have no interest in anymore. While Gambit is finally becoming intriguing and attractive again thanks for Marjorie Liu and his new series by James Asmus and Clay Mann.

I want them all to stay away from each other. ^-^

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Gambit1024

Yes, I'd like that very much. Magneto's been pretty boring as of late.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Silver_Raven said:

@jhazzroucher said:

I am sorry I want Rogue as far as way from Magneto as possible. Nothing about them makes sense together. And the Rogue/Gambit ship is sailed and from the looks of it sunk too.

Magneto can do so much better, with someone more his level. Ever since he joined the X-men he's been acting like some diet clone of himself and wanting to be with Rogue was being sign of that. I was so disappointed that the "Not A Hero" mini didn't prove he was actually Joseph. Wasted opportunity. But i have only seen good characterization of him in Gillen's UXM, where I have really enjoyed his scenes with Psylocke and would love to see them developed more. Whether into a friendship, partnership or romance, i am all for it. Maybe she can join Mags' new team, since i have not seen any mention of her outside of UXF.

Rogue can join the Uncanny Avengers and regain some her former glory. When she was Ms. Marvel empowered she didn't need any man to make her dynamic and inspirational. Since her "depowering" and becoming the un-derserved star of Legacy she has turned into some novella heroine that i have no interest in anymore. While Gambit is finally becoming intriguing and attractive again thanks for Marjorie Liu and his new series by James Asmus and Clay Mann.

I want Magneto on Rogue's team so that Rogue will realize she loves Gambit more : )

KingHellion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By KingHellion

id like to see magneto restart the acolytes with frenzy, unuscione, maybe a few other former members like a repowered scanner and some xkids as either a heroic or villian team.

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Silver_Raven

Here's the team i just came up with for Magneto (but also Psylocke)

Team: Magneto (leader), Psylocke (co-leader, foil), Colossus, Magik, Cannonball, Mirage, Cypher, Warlock and other Utopian mutants like Random, Unuscione and Avalanche.

Mission: offer an alternative to the school for mutants looking for a community and training ground to hone their power. The are affliated with the X-men but more like a Brotherhood of Mutants. Not evil.

BushidoBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BushidoBlack

If it was up to me, he'd leave along with Namor.

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Silver_Raven

@jhazzroucher said:

@Silver_Raven said:

I want Magneto on Rogue's team so that Rogue will realize she loves Gambit more : )

Well i don't mind Rogue and Gambit together but they had their chances and i am over the melodrama. Maybe in the future but for NOW i want them to move on.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#11  Edited By x_29

Not really, only because i do not think the writers will know what to do with him.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By TheCrowbar

He should throw Wolverine into the sun then happily go to prison...in florida.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Onemoreposter

@x_29 said:

Not really, only because i do not think the writers will know what to do with him.

Yeah. I get that feeling too. Personally, I'd like to see him start up the Brotherhood again and start blowing things up planet x style.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rickbarry

If Magneto works for the Avengers in any fashion I'll eat my shorts!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I personally like to see Magneto as a villain again since he was more interesting as a villain and the X-Men seemed to have a huge purpose when he was the villain (although I do like the storyline about the X-men being extinct.

antemiusenteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By antemiusenteri

@jhazzroucher:

thats just drama waiting to happen

Nightcrawler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Nightcrawler23

Why doesn't he just take over Utopia and start a brotherhood?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#18  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Brazen_Intellect said:

After AvX ends I expect Magneto to take off on his own now that mutantkind no longer is growing in prominence and power. The fall looks long and hard from what has been seen so far. He makes a much better sympathetic villain than a secondary lackey in the X-Army anyways.

Agreed.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

I'd really like to see Magneto take off with a handful of mutants. He's basically been doing whatever Cyclops wants him to do for a short while, and it's not really a Magneto thing for him to do. After AvX I would really like him to take over Utopia or create his own Utopia and launch a new Brotherhood of Mutants. I mean he's been good for a while now, he's kind of getting boring, and he was always a fun "villain" and yes I use that word loosely because after all Magneto was only fighting to save the Mutant race, so what he was doing was for the good of his species. Any who, I would like to see him recruit his own team and fight for mutant kind once more, and on his own terms. If that means make a few enemies with the new Uncanny Avengers then so be it, I'd like to see him and Rogue go face to face in a few battles :) Spice it up a bit Marvel! Bring Magneto back to his dark old days ! >:) and have Magik on his team! WooWhoo!

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zereta

I could see Magneto breaking off and forming his own team, picking up the pieces after AvX. I don't want him back as a villain though. As much as he works better as one, that would just be dumb to see him turn again.

You know what would be weird? If he joins the Uncanny Avengers.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By chiq

I would love to see him on a team with Colossus, Magik, Danger, Namor, Exodus, Emma or Betsy and Northstar continue with the mandate of the Extinction team ( with a more hardcore stance compared to Scott)- to protect mutants at all costs.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By One_Eye

@Rickbarry said:

If Magneto works for the Avengers in any fashion I'll eat my shorts!

I'd lose complete and utter faith in Marvel...even more so now that they're dropping a bridge on Cykes and Emma.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dernman

Magneto should go back to what he is and meant to be. A mutant supremacist and terrorist.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.