Should Jean Grey or Nightcrawler go back?

  • 57 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by gambitpryde1993 (160 posts) - - Show Bio

I know we have Hope who is very similar to Jean and Emma Frost is the X-Men's telepath,but if Hope joins the Avengers and Emma "relapses" back to villainy, could Jean Grey come back? Or would u rather have Nightcrawler? I miss his swashbuckling spirit and strong faith...

#2 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@gambitpryde1993
 Take a look at this scan...  It's a spoiler showing who will be on Wolverine's team after Schism.  In particular, take note of the person at the top right side of the page.  

...
#3 Posted by Ouija (362 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish niether, they both died for a reason if either come back then they died for no reason.
#4 Posted by gambitpryde1993 (160 posts) - - Show Bio

I see a tail... but a little dragon looking turd thingy too that could be Lockheed. what team will Kitty be on? Wolverine's? they've always had a good relationship.

#5 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@gambitpryde1993: turn your head sideways and look again... You'll see pointy ears as well....
 
@Ouija said:
I wish niether, they both died for a reason if either come back then they died for no reason.
Jean has died about fourteen times.... LOL!  She comes back all the time, and dies again... It''s what she does.  Is it ridiculous?  Yes....  Will they keep bringing her back?  Yes... In comic books, only Uncle Ben stays dead...
#6 Posted by Thunderscream (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm fine with the AoA Jean coming back, not Nightcrawler though. He JUST died and they wanna bring in his alternate? Cheap. Cheap, cheap, cheap. AND Cable's coming back too. Blah. Comic book deaths are stupid. Once Bucky came back the rules of mortality ceased to exist. Let's go ahead and bring back a zombie Kid Apocalypse to wreak havoc on the playground with his new best buddies, zombie Vulcan, zombie Human Torch and zombie Ultimate Spider-Man :P

#7 Posted by cattlebattle (12305 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thunderscream said:
I'm fine with the AoA Jean coming back, not Nightcrawler though. He JUST died and they wanna bring in his alternate? Cheap. Cheap, cheap, cheap. AND Cable's coming back too. Blah. Comic book deaths are stupid. Once Bucky came back the rules of mortality ceased to exist. Let's go ahead and bring back a zombie Kid Apocalypse to wreak havoc on the playground with his new best buddies, zombie Vulcan, zombie Human Torch and zombie Ultimate Spider-Man :P
I nominate this for the best post ever
#8 Posted by gambitpryde1993 (160 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thunderscream: you should do standup comedy but u forgot Zombie Uncle Ben;) and Gwen Stacy. sexy zombie
#9 Posted by BlackJade (22 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ouija said:
I wish niether, they both died for a reason if either come back then they died for no reason.
Agreed. Bringing dead characters back, even though they died honorably, just to make the fans happy, is pretty lame. They did that with Gert in Runaways when it started going downhill.
#10 Edited by thewidowsbite (138 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel that if you're going to bring characters back, especially soon after they died, STOP KILLING THEM OFF IN THE FIRST PLACE. It's unrealistic (quiet, I know it's fiction...) and cheap because writers think that killing off character will boost sales and that resurrecting them (in generally foolish means, like saying they never "actially" died in the first place) will double that. It's incredibly uncreative and played out. Good writers know how to create decent plotlines in order to attract viewers without resorting to have to kill off people only ti bring them back. When a character dies, they should stay dead, so writers should choose carefully who to kill off if they choose that route.
#11 Edited by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope joining the Avengers??? ...random lol 
 
Too soon for Kurt to come back, but YESS to Jean.

#12 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

If Jean comes back, she needs to join another super team.  All of the mutants don't need to be members of the X-Men.  Jean could take Wolverine's spot on an Avengers team.  Kurt too.

#13 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7206 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope joining the Avengers ? WTF!?
 
No , i wouldn't want Kurt coming back , Kurt no because he just died and having him back would just be pointless especially if it isn't the real deal , Jean yes because i love the tension her Emma , Storm and Psylocke bring to the X-Ladies.

#14 Posted by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't have done these deaths to begin with.

#15 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

That head is weirdly small, even by Bachelo's exaggerated standards, to be Nightcrawler. I think the prominent female figure is likely Kitty and that the tailed figure is likely Lockheed.

#16 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18684 posts) - - Show Bio

Where did you get the idea of Hope joining the Avengers from? lol 
 
And to answer the question neither. I would seriously rather see Nocturne come back to 616 instead.

#17 Posted by Morgaine_Levesque (2095 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane said:
Hope joining the Avengers ? WTF!?
QFT.
#18 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
 I would seriously rather see Nocturne come back to 616 instead.
Where is she at the moment?
#19 Edited by Mutant God (2999 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends which one did you chose in Marvel's Ultimate Alliance lol
#20 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18684 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine: She is in Heather Hudson's reality.
#21 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
@John Valentine: She is in Heather Hudson's reality.
Happened in Exiles? I kind of remember, haven't got that far in my re-read.
#22 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18684 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine: Yep :] I think it's like right at the end of the first series.
#23 Posted by stepford (42 posts) - - Show Bio

I would rather have them both back .

#24 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
@John Valentine: Yep :] I think it's like right at the end of the first series.
Thank you! Oh, Claremont, how it was already going downhill and you just pushed it that little bit more….
#25 Posted by Morgaine_Levesque (2095 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
@John Valentine: Yep :] I think it's like right at the end of the first series.
Thank you! Oh, Claremont, how it was already going downhill and you just pushed it that little bit more….
I want to say it was in one of the last five issues of the original Exiles series. I know it was before Die By The Sword. May have been issue 95, that's the last issue that Heather Hudson appears in and Nocturne appears in it as well.
#26 Edited by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morgaine_de_Bourbon said:

@John Valentine said:

@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
@John Valentine: Yep :] I think it's like right at the end of the first series.
Thank you! Oh, Claremont, how it was already going downhill and you just pushed it that little bit more….
I want to say it was in one of the last five issues of the original Exiles series. I know it was before Die By The Sword. May have been issue 95, that's the last issue that Heather Hudson appears in and Nocturne appears in it as well.
Thank you :). I don't think I ever read this far. Need to buy the Exiles Ultimate Collection Vol. 6 trade paperback it seems! 
 
(I have read, and very much enjoyed, Exiles: Days of Then and Now, which is also collected in this trade).
#27 Posted by Morgaine_Levesque (2095 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
@Morgaine_de_Bourbon said:
@John Valentine said:
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
@John Valentine: Yep :] I think it's like right at the end of the first series.
Thank you! Oh, Claremont, how it was already going downhill and you just pushed it that little bit more….
I want to say it was in one of the last five issues of the original Exiles series. I know it was before Die By The Sword. May have been issue 95, that's the last issue that Heather Hudson appears in and Nocturne appears in it as well.
Thank you :). I don't think I ever read this far. Need to buy the Exiles Ultimate Collection Vol. 6 trade paperback it seems!
No problem :) And yesssssss, you do. That's how I read Exiles, through the Ultimate volumes. It was an awesome reading experience. You get so much story all at once and a lot of extra content. Issue 100 isn't really the ending point, Die By The Sword is and it also happens to be collected in Vol. 6 ;) 
#28 Edited by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morgaine_de_Bourbon: 
 
Thank you. I recall New Exiles , the follow up, being less than impressive.  Very true! So pleased Marvel's collecting a lot of the earlier 2000s series in these. I hope they do the same with New Mutants/New X-Men: Academy X and Kyle and Yost's New X-Men. I'm also pleased they're released some of their older stuff, for example 'Legion Quest' in TPB too.
#29 Posted by Morgaine_Levesque (2095 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine: I can't say that I've read any other Exiles series, mostly because of people saying how absolutely terrible they were. I'll read them one day just for the sake of knowing what happened with the newer teams, but I'm not putting any money into it as of yet. A year or so ago, I went and bought all the trades for the Kyle/Yost run that weren't exorbitantly priced because they're out of print and on Free Comic Book Day, I managed to nab all six issues of Choosing Sides for .50 a piece. I'd love to have them print it in two or three ultimate editions, though. I'd definitely buy it. It's how I read Morrison's run, as well. And I made the mistake of purchasing the first three Ultimate X-Men Ultimate trades as well.... that was money ill spent and I ended up selling them anyways. 
#30 Posted by gambitpryde1993 (160 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine: Yeah, I know I saw a dragon turd object somewhere. And Kitty will def be on Wolvie's team
#31 Posted by Ragelantern (50 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Jean Grey because then you could have a epic storyline with Cyclops, Frost, and Jean Grey. You could have a writer like Matt Fraction come in and make it truly an epic 5 to 6 issue storyline. I would thouroughly enjoy that. I mean you could even do something like Cyclops flopping over to being a villian to support Emma Frost type of thing. Great topic.

#32 Posted by gambitpryde1993 (160 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ragelantern: You are a genius... and throw Wolverine in the mix w/ Jean. Love pentagram anyone?
#33 Edited by Ragelantern (50 posts) - - Show Bio
@gambitpryde1993: Yeah Me and the guy at my comic shop always discuss stuff like this all the time, Im a total X men whore and read all the monthly title but they need to shake it up a bit sometimes. Yeah Wolverine would really make it get very interesting, Im hopeing the schism really changes a lot of things cause the X men have been caught in neutreul for a while now. I mean to me I love all the artwork but writing is everything.
#34 Posted by gambitpryde1993 (160 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ragelantern: just started getting into X-Men comics. I've read up to like issue 164 in the Brood Saga and have read all of Ultimate X-Men. when does the schism start?
#35 Posted by Ragelantern (50 posts) - - Show Bio

I would start with like Nation X and then the Messiah Complex, TPB and hardcovers are the way to go there.

#36 Edited by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thunderscream said:

I'm fine with the AoA Jean coming back, not Nightcrawler though. He JUST died and they wanna bring in his alternate? Cheap. Cheap, cheap, cheap. AND Cable's coming back too. Blah. Comic book deaths are stupid. Once Bucky came back the rules of mortality ceased to exist. Let's go ahead and bring back a zombie Kid Apocalypse to wreak havoc on the playground with his new best buddies, zombie Vulcan, zombie Human Torch and zombie Ultimate Spider-Man :P

Oh great, man... You just gave Marvel a BUNCH of bad ideas to work with....  Now, when it happens, we'll be holding YOU responsible!!! LOL!
 
@John Valentine said:
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
 I would seriously rather see Nocturne come back to 616 instead.
Where is she at the moment?

The last we saw of Nocturne, she was back with the Exiles.  Her and John Proudstar are still an item...
#37 Posted by Ragelantern (50 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm Yeah let's keep this in the forum lol.
#38 Posted by Kairan1979 (15974 posts) - - Show Bio

They shouldn't return AoA Nightcrawler to Earth-616. I'm not sure about AoA Jean, though.

#39 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11757 posts) - - Show Bio

jean.  i dont want Aoa  nightcrawler in my universe
#40 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Jean..
#41 Posted by Ragelantern (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Or marvel could actually commit to killing a character off, I mean they can make good story arcs but the idea is so recycled.

#42 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morgaine_de_Bourbon said:
@John Valentine: I can't say that I've read any other Exiles series, mostly because of people saying how absolutely terrible they were. I'll read them one day just for the sake of knowing what happened with the newer teams, but I'm not putting any money into it as of yet. A year or so ago, I went and bought all the trades for the Kyle/Yost run that weren't exorbitantly priced because they're out of print and on Free Comic Book Day, I managed to nab all six issues of Choosing Sides for .50 a piece. I'd love to have them print it in two or three ultimate editions, though. I'd definitely buy it. It's how I read Morrison's run, as well. And I made the mistake of purchasing the first three Ultimate X-Men Ultimate trades as well.... that was money ill spent and I ended up selling them anyways. 
I have all of the New X-Men: Childhood's End trades. Really good stories. 
I reread the entirety of Morrison's New X-Men by reading the Ultimate Collections. I really liked the first three Ultimate X-Men Ultimate Collections, actually.
#43 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7206 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
@Morgaine_de_Bourbon said:
@John Valentine: I can't say that I've read any other Exiles series, mostly because of people saying how absolutely terrible they were. I'll read them one day just for the sake of knowing what happened with the newer teams, but I'm not putting any money into it as of yet. A year or so ago, I went and bought all the trades for the Kyle/Yost run that weren't exorbitantly priced because they're out of print and on Free Comic Book Day, I managed to nab all six issues of Choosing Sides for .50 a piece. I'd love to have them print it in two or three ultimate editions, though. I'd definitely buy it. It's how I read Morrison's run, as well. And I made the mistake of purchasing the first three Ultimate X-Men Ultimate trades as well.... that was money ill spent and I ended up selling them anyways. 
I have all of the New X-Men: Childhood's End trades. Really good stories. I reread the entirety of Morrison's New X-Men by reading the Ultimate Collections. I really liked the first three Ultimate X-Men Ultimate Collections, actually.
I recently just finished reading the whole of the Academy X series, why the heck did Marvel cut them off ? THEY WERE SO DAMN GOOD !
#44 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane said:
@John Valentine said:
@Morgaine_de_Bourbon said:
@John Valentine: I can't say that I've read any other Exiles series, mostly because of people saying how absolutely terrible they were. I'll read them one day just for the sake of knowing what happened with the newer teams, but I'm not putting any money into it as of yet. A year or so ago, I went and bought all the trades for the Kyle/Yost run that weren't exorbitantly priced because they're out of print and on Free Comic Book Day, I managed to nab all six issues of Choosing Sides for .50 a piece. I'd love to have them print it in two or three ultimate editions, though. I'd definitely buy it. It's how I read Morrison's run, as well. And I made the mistake of purchasing the first three Ultimate X-Men Ultimate trades as well.... that was money ill spent and I ended up selling them anyways. 
I have all of the New X-Men: Childhood's End trades. Really good stories. I reread the entirety of Morrison's New X-Men by reading the Ultimate Collections. I really liked the first three Ultimate X-Men Ultimate Collections, actually.
I recently just finished reading the whole of the Academy X series, why the heck did Marvel cut them off ? THEY WERE SO DAMN GOOD !
Such a shame, such a shame. It's a shame they filled the void with poor titles like Young X-Men, Generation Hope etc. Even the new New Mutants series isn't as good. SHould make more of an effort to integrate the New X-Men (important ones like Hellion, Surge, Dust, X-23, Prodigy, Elixir etc)  into core/main stories and titles. 
#45 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean has been gone for quite long enough.
#46 Posted by Ragelantern (50 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: I do disagree on generation hope, but i totally agree that the charcters you listed do deserve a title together.

#47 Posted by atfl4sh (32 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want Jean to come back...but then again i don't.  I like the vibe the x-men have right now, and i like Emma and Scott together.  I feel like Jean coming back would screw everything up; it would screw up the chemistry of the team.  You're probably saying "that's already happening with schism," and I know it is... I just don't think, with everything in schism going on, that now is the time to throw Jean into the fray.  It would cause unnecessary drama (two love triangles) and, lets face it, the x-men have bigger problems to deal with at the moment.  I like where all of the characters are at, and I don't want them to suffer any further turmoil than they are already going to have to deal with during the schism.  I love jean's character, but I honestly don't think there's a need for her to come back at the time.  The longer the wait, the better the return.

#48 Posted by Morgaine_Levesque (2095 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine: I have all of them with the exception of the second one (whichever one the bus is blown up in). It was something like 47 bucks. I'll buy it eventually, just not now. 
 
@AgeofHurricane@John Valentine: ......did you two just agree on something? Has the world ended?
#49 Posted by Jamb520 (15 posts) - - Show Bio


Ok, I think Jean should come back as Dark Phoenix, tap into and unleash Storm so Storm can become Roguestorm and then devastate the planet. Hope could be like the good part of Jean that was sent back in time or something and then a major battle across timelines like with AOA could happen. Hope would revive Nightcrawler for the major battle since they need someone to get close to Storm while she is going crazy and electrifying everything. 
 
Crosses fingers to see. Don't want to be predictable but this would be "awesome!"

#50 Posted by zombietag (1482 posts) - - Show Bio

jean. cuz she comes back, but its no the same jean. 
 
BTW jason aaron said on his blog that hes had fun seeing everyones guesses, but nobodys gotten close to right yet as to whos on the team

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.